Singapore Forums by SGClub.com - View Single Post - Pierre Png
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home » nonhome

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

Thread: Pierre Png
View Single Post
Old 12th December 2014, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
korean_fan
Addicted SGClubber
korean_fan is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Pierre Png

Pierre Png finally gets what he wants at 2014 Asian Television Awards

Good things come to those who wait, especially at the 2014 Asian Television Awards last night

Every dog has its day. And this saying rings true for veteran actors Pierre Png, Irene Ang and Rayson Tan, who brought home top honours at the 2014 Asian Television Awards (ATA) held at Marina Bay Sands Expo Convention Hall yesterday.

With the exception of doe-eyed 7-year-old Malaysian actress Puteri Balqis Azizi, who gave her female seniors a run for their acting chops with her Best Actress win, as the youngest award winner thus far, some of her fellow award winners have waited a long time for this trophy to finally land in their hands – like Pierre, who’s last nomination was in 2009’s The Little Nyonya, and Irene, who has waited - and we quote direct - “a full zodiac cycle (of 12 years)” to finally win this award again, after her last run with Channel 5’s Phua Chu Kang.

As Pierre made his way to do a backstage interview with the media, his supportive fans clamoured around him exchanging congratulatory hugs and wishes. Amongst them, one shouted jubilantly, “It’s (referring to the award and role) what you wanted! What you wanted!”

Indeed. The Best Actor in a Leading Role award was “one of the many things that I want,” affirmed Pierre, when we finally spoke to the euphoric winner later, whose hands have turned all sweaty and clammy from the unexpected turn of events.

“This is definitely a plus, a confirmation of the things we (actors) believe in and that keeps us on track,” he added, calling the win his best and the biggest thing that happened to him – but with “more to come.”

For an actor who had difficulty transitioning from Channel 5 to Channel 8, scoring double nominations in the Best Actor category (for Ch5’s Zero Calling and Ch8’s The Journey) is a big booster for Pierre. When xinmsn asked Pierre to share his personal take on why Zero Calling triumphed over the latter, he chuckled, “I can’t give you an answer for that, but I can tell you for sure that I love both characters and gave my heart and soul [to the shows]!

“Why Zero Calling? Top of my head right now is maybe ‘cos I’m more fluent in the language?” he wisecracked.

http://xin.msn.com/en-sg/entertainme...BgF9pN#image=1

korean_fan is offline   Add to korean_fan's Reputation Reply With Quote

» Sponsors
Watch Free Movies Online
Celebrity Gossip
Food Delivery

» Facebook Fans
» What's Going On?
Title, Username, & Date
Commuters face longer journeys on first full Sunday closure of eastern stretch of EWL
Pipe burst problems cannot be entirely eradicated, say experts
Over 100 endangered turtles hatch in Singapore
Fire breaks out in Tampines flat, 40 residents evacuated
Bukit Timah resident chokes on 'blanket of smoke' created by neighbour barbecuing 100kg...
New Code of Practice announced for four crowdfunding platforms in Singapore
13 women, 6 men arrested for vice activities and drug-related offences
HSA warns against 'health tonic', Anita iBrow product after consumers suffer adverse...
Barricades in Sungei Buloh to be extended to prevent crocs from climbing onto trail
Large greenhouse gas emitters voice concerns as Government irons out details of carbon tax
62 bicycles from bike-sharing firms impounded for blocking foot paths: LTA
Commentary: Singapore’s rising natural gas ambitions face big challenges
First Zika case of 2018 reported in Singapore
Flood prevention measures to be rolled out at 4 more locations by April: SMRT
Influencer Marketing in Singapore
制作原版澳洲福林德斯大学毕业证Flind...
制作原版澳洲新加坡国立大学毕业证NUS文...
制作原版澳洲查尔斯特大学毕业证文凭Q@微...
制作原版澳洲埃迪斯科文大学毕业证ECU文...
制作原版澳洲西澳大学毕业证UWA文凭Q@...
Featured Photos
by Vikas Dhar