2014 FIFA World Cup - Finals - Germany vs Argentina - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Sports Forum > Soccer Forums » 2014 FIFA World Cup - Finals - Germany vs Argentina

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2014, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ms.siqi is a jewel in the roughms.siqi is a jewel in the rough

Liked 153 Times in 144 Posts
2014 FIFA World Cup - Finals - Germany vs Argentina

Looks like its down to these giants after 32 teams had compete in it.

So, who shall be the winner?

Sponsors:
Add to ms.siqi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Liked 219 Times in 184 Posts
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup - Finals - Germany vs Argentina

Argentina for me..For Argentina to win the WC in Brazil soil is like added salt to Brazil wound.

zainynn is offline   Add to zainynn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

But Argentina won the semi-finals through penalty kickoff.

ms.siqi is offline   Add to ms.siqi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

Germany will win

christmas_ is online now   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ms.siqi View Post
But Argentina won the semi-finals through penalty kickoff.
What that suppose to mean.. Holland are a free scoring team having won all their matches and even trashed the defending champion. along the way. Brasil are lucky to play Germany in the semi final and not Holland, if not the scoreline could have been doubled.

Old 11th July 2014, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Hate it when people said that Argentina too dependent about Messi. Unlike Brasil, Uruguay and Portugal that too dependent on Neymar, Suaez and Portugal, it's not surprise that ppl have the same thought that Argentina are too dependent about Messi. I thought so too till I was proven wrong.

I can't recall one Argentina matches whereby Messi had live up to his name even though he did netted 4 goals. Personally for me Rojo and Zabaletta had been solid in Argentina defence while Mashcherano and Di Maria had control the midfield well. When this 2 department are solid, all the striker need to do is to put the ball into the net which surprisingly the likes of Aguero, Higuain, Messi and Palaciao is struggling to do.

As for the German, they have soild teamwork from goalkeeper to strikers.

Old 11th July 2014, 09:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Argentina to win...But my mouth quite jinx these days...

Old 11th July 2014, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Klose to party if Germany win World Cup

AFPFriday, Jul 11, 2014

SANTO ANDRE, Brazil- The World Cup's top-scorer Miroslav Klose has threatened to abandon his strict fitness regime to become a 'party animal' if Germany win Sunday's final against Argentina.

The 36-year-old is the sole survivor from Die Mannschaft's last World Cup final in 2002 and is eager to taste victory at Rio de Janeiro's Maracana Stadium in his fourth World Cup finals.

He scored a record 16th World Cup goal, his 71st for Germany, in Tuesday's 7-1 semi-final rout of Brazil.

The Poland-born striker is poised to win his 137th cap in Rio and says all his focus is on Argentina - but the World Cup title may stir his inner party animal.

"I can't really guarantee anything, but if we do win the trophy, I can imagine that I will relax and there is a party beast, even in me," he quipped Thursday.

But 12 years after losing the 2002 final, the last thing the veteran wants is to add Rio heartache to the bitter defeat in Yokohama.

"We enjoyed the win against Brazil, but we ticked it off after 24 hours," said Klose.

"In the next game, we have to again play to the best of our abilities.

"It feels really awful to lose a final, so it's our time to win this one." A diligent trainer, Klose puts his career longevity down to his daily fitness regime, and has a gym in his home.

Having made his debut in 2001, he equalled, then broke Ronaldo's record of 15 World Cup goals during Brazil 2014. But Klose said it will all count for nothing if Germany lose to Argentina.

"It's a hugely emotional thing for me, but people who know me, know that my focus is already on Argentina - 100 per cent," he said.

"Yes, I have overtaken Ronaldo as the best goal-scorer, but that is something to take on board another day.

"If we lose the final, my joy as the top-scorer will be significantly dampened." Despite having witnessed Brazil's Ronaldo score both goals in their 2-0 victory, Klose said he will not use the 2002 defeat as motivation.

He says the current squad are unified in their desire to become world champions.

"That was 12 years ago and I was really young, then as now, I just try to soak everything up, but you can't compare the two matches," said Klose.

"Each match is unique, especially for a final.

"The key factor here has been the performances in training.

"You see the degree of respect and commitment the squad has for each other.

"There is no 'B team' or 'A team', where the first team are sure of their places, and there is little difference between the guys on the bench and those on the pitch.

"'Team spirit' is not an empty expression, no one is begrudging towards the others.

"They are all very professional and mature, even if some of them are only 25 or 26."

'Fantastic Messi'

This is the sixth time Germany will meet Argentina at the World Cup and the third time in the final.

Klose scored twice when Germany won the most recent World Cup meeting as Diego Maradona-coached Argentina were routed 4-0 at South Africa 2010.

Germany lost the Mexico 1986 final 3-2 to Argentina, then took revenge four years later by winning the Italia 1990 final 1-0 when Argentina finished with nine men in Rome.

Argentina legend Maradona played in both matches, but Klose insists neither has any relevance now.

"You can't really make comparisons, Maradona was one player, but (Lionel) Messi is just as fantastic and they are absolutely on a par," said Klose.

"We have to come up with a few surprises of our own and I am just looking forward to an exciting game, which will be marked by tactics and a bit of trickery."*

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/sports/....zzS6YFmF.dpuf

Old 11th July 2014, 10:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
crappyguy is on a distinguished road

After many shockers in the group round, finally it is down to these 2 deserving teams. Predict the machine-like Germany will win. Arg will only win if Messi is at the receiving end of his own passes haha

crappyguy is offline   Add to crappyguy's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 10:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

But to be honest, Germany has been getting 3rd placing for the past 2 World Cups already

Time to let them win

Old 11th July 2014, 11:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

I see many gamblers placed their bets on Germany, just what what the little boy in the advertisement said.

Old 12th July 2014, 03:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Awesomely Tired SGClubber
BadBoyEizz is on a distinguished road

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Come on Germany!

Old 12th July 2014, 08:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Looks like many hoot on Germany.

Old 12th July 2014, 09:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

If too many people bet on Germany, will the boat sink ?

Old 12th July 2014, 03:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

The ball is round, anything can happen.

Old 13th July 2014, 10:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Voodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to behold

Liked 222 Times in 196 Posts

Hmm... Expect many to stay up late for this match.

*Have fun on SGClub but pls READ the RULES, Report Bad Posts and Give Reputation to Good Ones!*
Voodoo Vince is offline   Add to Voodoo Vince's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 10:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
By2
V.l.P SGClubber
By2 is just really niceBy2 is just really nice

Liked 89 Times in 67 Posts

placed my bet on argentina . let me win some $

By2 is offline   Add to By2's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2014, 06:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
Voodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to behold

Liked 222 Times in 196 Posts

Too bad. You should trust the father in the advertisement. Germany won 1-0 to Argentina.

Voodoo Vince is offline   Add to Voodoo Vince's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2014, 06:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

That's right. I wonder the next 4 years later, will they predict the winner again?

Old 14th July 2014, 09:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
Goetze scores late to give Germany the World Cup

Goetze scores late to give Germany the World Cup

The Associated Press/Natacha Pisarenko - Germany's Mario Goetze kicks to score his side's first goal in extra time against Argentina's goalkeeper Sergio Romero during the World Cup final soccer match between Germany and Argentina at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Sunday, July 13, 2014. (AP Photo/Natacha Pisarenko)

By MATTIAS KAREN (AP Sports Writer) | The Associated Press

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) -- Mario Goetze produced the piece of individual skill that Lionel Messi couldn't muster.

With two quick, deft touches, Goetze ended Germany's 24-year wait for another World Cup title - and denied Messi the one title he needs to forever take his place among the game's all-time greats.

Goetze scored the winning goal in extra time to give Germany a 1-0 victory over Argentina on Sunday in a tight and tense World Cup final that was decided by one moment of brilliance.

Goetze, who wasn't born when West Germany beat Argentina in the 1990 final, controlled a cross with his chest in the 113th minute and in one fluid motion volleyed the ball past goalkeeper Sergio Romero and inside the far post from five yards out.

It was a goal that gave Germany its fourth World Cup title, equal second with Italy on the list of all-time champions and just behind Brazil's five.

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL - JULY 13: Bastian Schweinsteiger of Germany celebrates with the World Cup trophy after defeating Argentina 1-0 in extra time during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Final match ... more

''It's an unbelievable feeling. I don't know how to describe it. You just shoot that goal in, you don't really know what's happening,'' Goetze said. ''And then at the end of the match, having a party with the team, the whole country ... it is for us, a dream come true.''

At the final whistle, Germany players fell into a pile in the middle of the pitch in celebration. Messi walked past them with his hands on his hips - still in the shadow of his compatriot Diego Maradona, who led his country to the 1986 title.

Goetze went on as a substitute for Miroslav Klose toward the end of regulation time and his fresh legs made the difference.

Andre Schuerrle broke down the left flank, sending his cross into the area, and the Bayern Munich midfielder did the rest with a clinical finish. The goal echoed that of Andres Iniesta four years ago, when the midfielder scored in similar fashion but from the other side of the area to give Spain a 1-0 extra-time win over the Netherlands.

According to Germany coach Joachim Loew, it was exactly as he'd planned when he made the substitution.

''I said to Mario Goetze, 'OK, show to the world that you're better than Messi and you can decide the World Cup. You have all the possibilities to do that,''' Loew said. ''I had a good feeling with him.''

Germany became the first European team to win a World Cup in the Americas, and the victory ends a string of near misses since winning its last major title at the 1996 European Championship. The team lost the 2002 World Cup final to Brazil, the Euro 2008 final to Spain and was eliminated in the semifinals in both 2006 and 2010.

Argentina had not been back in the final since that 1990 loss, and has now been beaten by Germany in the last three World Cups.

''This was our chance, and we felt that way. We couldn't do it. We have to lift our heads and suffer the pain,'' Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano said. ''Obviously, the pain is tremendous.''

It is Germany's first World Cup title as a unified nation, having won as West Germany in 1954, 1974 and 1990.

The Germans faced Argentina in both the 1986 and 1990 finals, during Maradona's heyday. This time, they were up against Messi, the four-time world player of the year who has set a slew of scoring records in leading Barcelona to every major club title and is widely considered the best player since Maradona.

But in the biggest game of his career, Messi came up short.

He had one good chance to score when he was sent free in the area just after the halftime break, but sent his shot wide. It was a difficult angle, but still the type of chance he so often converts for Barcelona.

Messi threatened intermittently throughout the match, but was effectively smothered by the German defense. His free kick in the 120th minute went well high.

Messi, who scored four goals in the group stage but none in the knockout rounds, then had to trudge alone up the stairs of the Maracana Stadium to accept the Golden Ball award for the tournament's best player, shaking hands with German Chancellor Angela Merkel along the way.

Shortly afterward, the German team made its way up the stairs for captain Philipp Lahm to raise the hallowed 18-carat gold trophy as confetti rained down and fireworks exploded in the sky.

''It's incredible how hard we worked and what a performance we produced,'' Lahm said. ''It's an incredible feeling.''

Until Goetze's winning goal, the game was more notable for top-class defending than creative attacking, but both teams had their share of chances - particularly in the first half.

Gonzalo Higuain fired wide when gifted a chance in a one-on-one with goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, and later had a goal ruled out for offside.

Germany defender Benedikt Hoewedes hit the post just before halftime with a header.

Germany had entered the game as the favorite after its 7-1 semifinal drubbing of Brazil. But Argentina proved to be an entirely different proposition.

''I'm very proud of the team. They played a great game against a great team,'' Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella said. ''I salute the players, they made the country proud for the championship they played.''

After Germany's last win in 1990, then-coach Franz Beckenbauer predicted that a unified Germany would be ''unbeatable'' in the future. It took 24 years to prove him right but with young players like Goetze, the next wait may not be as long.

''We, I think, deserve this trophy,'' Goetze said.

Source: https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/goe...0708--spt.html

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote