28 Year Old Singaporean with 200k cash to... - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Workplace and Business Forum » 28 Year Old Singaporean with 200k cash to...

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th December 2014, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
New SGClubber
MyPassion is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
28 Year Old Singaporean with 200k cash to...

My apologies for the link bait...maybe it's in my blood to do that anywhere I go.

Anyway I posted the same question on another forum, but it seems like the section in this forum has just as much activity and I would love to hear any wise opinion on this!

I'm kinda burnt out running an internet marketing business. Although the money is good, but it doesn't build on any asset that I can benefit from in the distant future. I will milk it while it lasts but in the meantime, i'm looking for other feasible options.

So here's a question to all wise men/women out there...

if you have 200k cash to try something out, what local business would it be? If you don't want to be specific, just state your niche and why.

I'm 28 and that's the profits I made in 2014.. I consider myself a risk-taker - I rather go 100% in and take a risk for a 10% chance of not having to work for anyone and be as free as a bird forever.

Sponsors:
Add to MyPassion's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Business Guru is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 28 Year Old Singaporean with 200k cash to...

Is your Internet Marketing Business a wholly online one man show? If yes, and you are now bored and burnt out, try to stick back to online businesses since you already have the knowledge and proven track record.

Based on your profile, you seemed to be the type who would not sit still for long and always eager to experiment and try out new things. As a business broker who specializes in helping business owners to sell their business as a going concern to buyers looking for a new career path and source of revenue/income since 2005, I can tell you that the local business environment is getting tougher and tougher with each passing year.

Local businesses are always struggling with lots of issues such as ever increasing rents, hiring and holding on to staff, losing customers to competitors etc. and these are but merely the standard problems faced by all businesses only as there are even more pressing problems specific to the industry that the business is in. Also, lots of retailers are only now realizing that even though they have their own business website, they are losing their customers to online stores and other e-commerce merchants.

Bottom line, resist the temptation to experiment and take on risks unless you are still young and adventurous with no other financial commitments, which means you. So the advice don't apply to you and you should just go ahead to explore but maybe you should just be a investor/partner to any existing local businesses and learn the ropes along the way rather than start something all on your own.

Old 6th January 2015, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
New SGClubber
gazou19 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i just want to say hello to every one . . this is my firs post .

gazou19 is offline   Add to gazou19's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
boaboa81 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Invest some, Buy over small businesses with potential and start something new..like home delivery for salad..lol...check out the website in the USA..many opp. not yet done here in SG...just who will do it first.

boaboa81 is offline   Add to boaboa81's Reputation Reply With Quote