The 5th International Buddha’s Relics Arts & Cultural Exhibition - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Miscellaneous Interests > Supernatural Zone » The 5th International Buddha’s Relics Arts & Cultural Exhibition

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th December 2009, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
sgwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The 5th International Buddha’s Relics Arts & Cultural Exhibition

I think this exhibition should not be missed for any interested dearest ones.
They will showcase the many pieces of Relics with the largest Buddha Relic mearsuring the size of 28mm.
Not forgeting the display of Art works.
I will be there for "photograph-ING" if allowed, and most importantly it is FREE ADMISSION!
Date: 30 Dec 2009 till 03 Jan 2010
Time: 10am - 10pm
Venue: Suntec Convention Exhibition Centre Hall 401-404
Visit the website for more details:
http://www.kadhampaexhibition.com/exhibition/

第五届佛陀舍利文化艺术世界大展将于12月30日至1月3日2009年,一连五天,在新达城展 览中心四楼 401 - 404。展示时间为早上10时至晚上10时。
此项世界空前西藏古文物大展及嘉年华会有史以来展出种类最多,世界最大的佛骨舍利 ( 28 mm ),还有数万千颗舍利,无数件古物法器呈现,让大众有机会目睹世界珍贵的奇宝。并赠送加持吉祥物 (每日只限首 2000名) 分发西藏吉祥天母湖圣水 (每日只限首 20,000名)。
入场免费,万勿错过!!!

详细内容:
大展地点位于新达城展览中心四楼
Suntec Convention Exhibition Centre, Hall 401 - 404
1 Raffles Boulevard Suntec City S(039593)

联络地址:
No. 17J, Lorong 15, Geylang Road, Singapore 388608.
询问电话 : (65) 6741 1552 / (65) 6842 4538
传真 : (65) 6748 0213
网址 : www.kadhampaexhibition.com
电邮 : enquire@kadhampaexhibition.com

Sponsors:
Add to sgwitch's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
New SGClubber
MageRav3 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: The 5th International Buddha’s Relics Arts & Cultural Exhibition

I would not advise anyone to go. This exhibition is organised by a non main stream organisation. The particular group was expelled by the Dalai Lama and not recognised by any Main Stream Tibetan Buddhist sects. This particular group of people worships a particular malevolent/demonic entity and any association with them will draw the attention of this entity.

http://www.dalailama.com/messages/dolgyal-shugden

MageRav3 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Dearest Friends @ CAS,

We had the good fortune to clarify with the Loseling Khensur Lobsang Gyamtso Rinpoche on dark, murky developments here.

Khensur Rinpoche is the Abbot Emeritus of one of Tibet's greatest monasteries and is one of the seniormost lineage-holders of the Gelugpa Lineage. Rinpoche is a widely-respected prime teacher and / or colleague of some of Tibet's highest reincarnated masters.

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________

Kunga:
Rinpoche, very recently, the "Chinese Gelugpa" associations which have actively opposed the Dalai Lama over practice of the controversial spirit, shugden, has changed their name to the Khadampa Buddhist Association. What advice could you give us on this intriguing development and will you be able to advise us on what is the "real" or actual Kadampa tradition ??

Khensur Rinpoche:
The Kadampa tradition is "founded" by Lama Atisha, who is one of the early pioneers who brought the holy Dharma into Tibet. Much later, Je Tsongkhapa studied and practised very widely on teachings by Lama Atisha. As a result, the tradition "founded" by Je Tsongkhapa is known in Tibet as the New Kadampa tradition while Lama Atisha's teachings are known as the Old Kadampa tradition.

Kunga:
The Khadampa Buddhist Association is headed by a bearded Taiwanese man who claimed himself to be recorngised by his teacher, "Serkong Tritul", ( this is not the authentic Serkong Yangsi Rinpoches officially recognised by mainstream Tibetan Buddhists worl-wide ) as the reincarnation of Chenrezig of Guan Yin. His disciples, to differentiate themselves from all other Buddhists monks and nuns in the world, wore their robes with a strip of dark green cloth striped vertically downwards from the left chest. Is there any sound historical or scriptural references to this development ??

Khensur Rinpoche:
There has never been any historical precedent or valid scriptural basis for wearing these green-striped robes. In fact, I am concerned that their lineage is not authentic because "Serkong Tritul", head of this association, has flipped-flopped by declaring himself to be the reincarnation of this, and then, that, different Ganden Tripas in the past. In addition, he has switched his claim before to having been the reincarnation of a great yogi practitioner "Apong". It appears that there has been some contradictions in his own claims !!

Let me recount, in short, how reincarnation became institutionalised in Tibet. The first recognised reincarnated master of Tibet is the first Gyalwa Karmapa. Subsequently, the recognition of reincarnation of past masters ( called "tulkus" ) spread to the other traditions. In the Gelugpa lineage, it is mainly the Dalai Lama or the Ganden Tripas who will recognise Tulkus. In the Sakya lineage, the Sakya Trizin will be mainly responsible while for the Nyingma lineage, great masters such as the Mindroling Trichen, the late Dudjom Rinpoche or Palyul Penor Rinpoche will be the authority. In the Drikung Kagyu, the Drukpa Kagyu and other lineages, the respective great masters will fulfill the task and they each have their respective, stringent and definitely valid systems of recognising incarnations of great masters from their lineage.

Here, "Serkong Tritul" is not recognised by any of the senior lineage-holders of any of the schools. His Holiness the Dalai Lama has never recognised him as a Tulku and neither has any of the heads of the other lineages. This association claims to represent the Kadampa lineage, but all the old Kadampa masters have passed away, so these old, holy Kadampa masters could not have recognised them as Kadampas or as tulkus of the Kadampa lineage.

The formal inheritors of the Kadampa lineage are the Gelugpas. None of the Gelugpa lineage-holders alive today - not His Holiness or the Ganden Tripa - recognised him as a tulku. So, merely claiming himself to be a tulku does not and could not, at all, factually make him one.

They have been requested to offer proofs of their recognition as Kadampas. "Serkong Tritul" has also been questioned many times to provide proof of who recognised him as the real tulku of Serkong Tritul and to date, they could not offer any answers or proof.

Kunga:
"Serkong Tritul", himself, although un-recognised by any to have the authority to recognise or enthrone anyone as Tulku, has himself recognised a Taiwanese man to be an emanation of Chenrezig and a high tulku. They have aggressively marketed themselves as who they claimed themselves to be and many Buddhists in the general public are not aware that Tulkus need to be strongly, clearly verified via the traditional, established systems.

Khensur Rinpoche:
The public need to investigate carefully and thoroughly. They MUST investigate. Then, they can draw a reasonable, accurate conclusion themselves. Otherwise, practising what is taught by the unqualified teacher/s will have disastrous consequences.

These days, both in the west and in Taiwan, Singapore or other Asian countries, I have heard of people who self-market themselves as reincarnation of truly great lineage masters such as Je Tsongkhapa or even great, enlightened Bodhisattvas like Maitreya !! Please, of course, there is no need for us, on our side, to believe any such claims.

If these claims are real, they need to be backed by official recognitions by the respective leaders of the different Tibetan Buddhist lineages. Otherwise, we need not believe in them.

MageRav3 added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Kunga:
The Khadampa Buddhist Association is organising a huge exhibition of alleged relics of the Buddha's saliva, bones, brains or blood although no verified source has been provided by them. It appears that they are trying to gloss over this sudden surfacing of thousands of "relics" by side-stepping the issue of the need for historical or scriptural references.
The Taiwanese "tulku", the alleged incarnation of Chenrezig, has also, in front of television audiences, held an alleged hair of Lord Buddha between his fingers, with the hair apparently twitching like a worm from side to side in his hands. When he dumped the hair in a mug of liquid, the hair apparently "swam" of its own efforts, to much consternation and gasps of the innocent public !!

Khensur Rinpoche:
In the Buddhist scriptures, which are the reliable references for Buddhists, we have no records of the Buddha having left any relics of the blood, brain or saliva.

I, myself, ( as a fully-ordained monk or Bhikshu and Buddhist teacher of 75 years of age ) have never heard, read or learnt of Lord Buddha having left relics of the blood, brain or saliva.

Hence, it is necessary that we know the source of these alleged "relics", before we could accept the claims or before we could conclude that these alleged "relics" are from the Buddha.

When Lord Buddha manifested Nirvana at Kushinagara, it is recorded in the scriptures that the bone relics of Lord Buddha were devotedly collected by the gods to be enshrined and offered devoted services in their heavens. Venerable Ananda and Venerable Kashyapa requested the gods to leave some relics in our human realm as a source of merit and blessings for our world. As a result, some of the Buddha's bone relics remained with us and subsequently, it is recorded, too, that Nagarjuna enshrined some precious relics in treasure casket at Bodhigaya.

However, the claims by this association, of the sudden but un-accounted for revelation of thousands of blood, brain or saliva relics, could not be referenced from any of the holy scriptures, history, tradition or in the Tibetan circle.

Kunga:
This association, before it re-named itself as the "Kadhampa Buddhist Association" , was known as the "Chinese Gelugpa" associations and they had been very staunch practitioners of the controversial spirit called shugden. They strongly, fanatically almost, opposed the Dalai Lama's ban on practice of shugden.

Khensur Rinpoche:
His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the 100th Ganden Tri Rinpoche have both advised against practising shugden. This small group of people have spurned advice of these two great masters. They rejected advice by them.

One of the reasons why His Holiness bans shugden, is because, in history, shugden has harmed many Nyingma practitioners. I have not seen them with my own eyes but this is what is contained in the many historical accounts.

Past holy masters have used shugden on the basis of it as a servant. Nowadays, shugden practitioners rely on him as their guru, their yidam and their protector and take whole-hearted refuge in it.

His Holiness has said that the late Zong Rinpoche, the late Trijang Rinpoche and the Pabongkha Rinpoche Dechen Nyingpo are all great masters especially of the Lam Rim teachings. However, their adoption of shugden practice is a mistake and is an obstacle to the Dharma.

His Holiness has mentioned many times before that for the late Trijang Rinpoche, he can control shugden and not the other way round. His Holiness said that the late Trijang Rinpoche can carry out the four holy activities of a Buddha: pacifying, enriching, magnetizing and wrath and so Trijang Rinpoche is completely different from ordinary beings. These days, we are not of that calibre, practitioners nowadays have not reached the level of attainment of the late Trijang Rinpoche.

The present Trijang has disrobed and has married. He said that because of this, he can no longer practise shugden, because, to practise shugden ( in its full depth and engagement ), one needs to be a very pure monk. So, the present Trijang Rinpoche has openly stated that he no longer could practise shugden and so does not practise shugden !!

The late Zong Rinpoche, towards the end of his life, has made confession of his mistake of practising shugden to His Holiness and has promised His Holiness to stop the practice.

I, myself, have no relationship whatsoever with shugden. One of my main teachers, the late Khensur Pema Gyaltshen, has advised very clearly on the detrimental consequences of practising shugden. I am from Drepung Monastery ( note: Rinpoche is the Abbot Emeritus of Drepung Loseling, the largest of 3 colleges in Drepung Monastery ) and our monastery's main protector is Nechung Choegyal. So, in general, Drepung Monastery has no relationship with shugden. In Drepung Loseling, all our monks made vows to curtail the practice of shugden. The mainstream Tibetan circle is well aware of Drepung's stand on shugden.

In fact, now, in the 3 great Gelugpa monasteries of Drepung, Sera and Ganden, the monastic penalty has been invoked and shugden practitioners have been expelled from all of them. The overwhelming majority of students in these 3 great monasteries have no relationship whatsoeverwith shugden practitioners. They do not debate with them, study with them or live with them.

These expelled or ex-communicated shugden practitioners have in fact re-established monasteries outside of the mainstream Gelugpa establishments. Hence, we can say that the Gelugpa lineage is, presently, now, formally and factually pure of any shugden practices. We have no problem now as the shugden practitioners are out of the Gelugpa system.

Kunga:
Thank you so much Rinpoche. Your advice will be very important to the undiscerning individual.

Khensur Rinpoche:
Thank you so much !! Thank you !!

See www.casotac. com ( available 24 hrs a day / 7 days a week )
CASonline - Your Buddhist online news and teachings.

( All online articles lovingly archived at http://www.casotac. com/casonline. htm )

Last edited by MageRav3; 27th December 2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Post Bumping
MageRav3 is offline   Add to MageRav3's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
playx123 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

is this free to go? : )

playx123 is offline   Add to playx123's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
SuperFuryPearl is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry i think this is posted on the wrong section sgwitch. You should post it at the buddhist section.
Don't think it is connected to supernatural unless someone went there and saw an image of a God or something. Thank You!

Old 27th December 2009, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
bakeneko is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SuperFuryPearl View Post
Don't think it is connected to supernatural unless someone went there and saw an image of a God or something. Thank You!

Those relics are a supernatural phenomenon appearing when/after a body is burned

About the Dorje Shugden controversy:
This is a very sensitive topic and IMO it is already taken too far. Dorje Shugden groups are ONLY expelled in the parts of Tibetan Buddhism that is accepts the Dalai Lama as their patriarch (I miss a better term right now). As Dorje Shugden does not play any role in other paths, these groups or people can not be expelled.
And dividing the sangha is actually a offense.

As a side note: I recently borrowed a book from the local library, in which the then most important Shugden medium/oracle was prominently displayed (and Shugden is frequently referred to as a deva). The Dalai Lama wrote the foreword to it. And this book is still in print in Germany, I think (first appeared in 1995).
So much for irony.

I would go, if I were in SG kekeke
(cause I do not shit my pants when I hear "Shugden" )

bakeneko is offline   Add to bakeneko's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperFuryPearl View Post
Sorry i think this is posted on the wrong section sgwitch. You should post it at the buddhist section.
does that means that if there is a Cross then it is C.....?
I think this is a sensitive issue.
I thank you Very Much!

sgwitch added 2 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by playx123 View Post
is this free to go? : )
It is Free Admission.
So don't participate in any Talks with fee paying condition.
Just Look See Look See

sgwitch added 5 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by bakeneko View Post
I will take photos if permissable, and post on the blog or any online album.
hoping i am not ill on the days.
Very fascinated by the extinquish treasured art works, carpet, the water bottles...
I hoped that i can "quench" your thrist if they allow me to take pictures. hahhaha

Last edited by sgwitch; 27th December 2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
sgwitch is offline   Add to sgwitch's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 08:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
playx123 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

whr is it i lil bit blur

playx123 is offline   Add to playx123's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by playx123 View Post
whr is it i lil bit blur
Relics is 舍利子 in chinese.
it is Bone fragments, scraps of cloth, blood, sweat, and tears.i am sure if you had followed some kungfu or supernatural drama or movie it is mentioned. It is found in bones ashes of monks...
Maybe a Buddhist can explained to you further.

sgwitch added 3 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Soory keep having posting error, i repost:

it is Bone fragments, scraps of cloth, blood, sweat, and tears.
it is Bone fragments, scraps of cloth, blood, sweat, and tears.
Buddha Relics are said to be the physical remains of Buddha or Buddhist teachers. When the Buddhist teachers are cremated, the remains of tiny pearl-like, translucent and multi-coloured beads known to be Relics are believed to emit spiritual power and can even multiply. Buddha Relics ensured that the presence of the Buddha is perpetuated after the passing of the Buddha.
i am sure if you had followed some kungfu or supernatural drama or movie it is mentioned. It is found in bones ashes of monks...
i am sure if you had followed some kungfu or supernatural drama or movie it is mentioned. It is found in bones ashes of monks...

Last edited by sgwitch; 27th December 2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 27th December 2009, 11:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
New SGClubber
MageRav3 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bakeneko View Post
Those relics are a supernatural phenomenon appearing when/after a body is burned

About the Dorje Shugden controversy:
This is a very sensitive topic and IMO it is already taken too far. Dorje Shugden groups are ONLY expelled in the parts of Tibetan Buddhism that is accepts the Dalai Lama as their patriarch (I miss a better term right now). As Dorje Shugden does not play any role in other paths, these groups or people can not be expelled.
And dividing the sangha is actually a offense.

As a side note: I recently borrowed a book from the local library, in which the then most important Shugden medium/oracle was prominently displayed (and Shugden is frequently referred to as a deva). The Dalai Lama wrote the foreword to it. And this book is still in print in Germany, I think (first appeared in 1995).
So much for irony.

(cause I do not shit my pants when I hear "Shugden" )
Looks like you havent encounter any obstacles related to the dolgyal class of spirits yet.
Dolgyals lie somewhere between the ghost realm and deva realm. Something like having the powers of the Deva but also in the hungry ghost realm.

Most other sects such as the Kagyus, Sakyas, Nyingma do not practice the Shugden.
There is a difference between taking a spirit as a servant and worshipping it as a Buddha.

MageRav3 is offline   Add to MageRav3's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 08:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
MiaoHui is on a distinguished road

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Went to it liao..$$$$$$$$$$....

Old 1st January 2010, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
AudiA6 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MiaoHui View Post
Went to it liao..$$$$$$$$$$....
Meaning what? Entrance free but everything else need to pay to view? I was thinking of going there to visit actually.....

Old 1st January 2010, 10:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Swordsman will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

舍利子 can also be from those people who had done many good deeds when they are still alive.. heard this from some elders.

Old 1st January 2010, 11:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
舍利子 can also be from those people who had done many good deeds when they are still alive.. heard this from some elders.
yes, i think so, about 3 weeks ago, my grand parents had many.

sgwitch added 4 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by MageRav3 View Post
Looks like you havent encounter any obstacles related to the dolgyal class of spirits yet.
Dolgyals lie somewhere between the ghost realm and deva realm. Something like having the powers of the Deva but also in the hungry ghost realm.

Most other sects such as the Kagyus, Sakyas, Nyingma do not practice the Shugden.
There is a difference between taking a spirit as a servant and worshipping it as a Buddha.
Sorry, you are right as i do not know about Asian magics.
I am very green.
so far, i only link with spirits like fairies, angles and others.
and not forgetting those "friends" i had seen in ICU but not others.
Even they are i may not know, so long i don't feel "fear" in me, i do not "Banish" them at all.
They are friends too (i mean to me).

Last edited by sgwitch; 1st January 2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 1st January 2010, 03:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
MiaoHui is on a distinguished road

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA6 View Post
Meaning what? Entrance free but everything else need to pay to view? I was thinking of going there to visit actually.....
Entrance and viewing is all free...you will know what i mean if u go.....

Old 1st January 2010, 05:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
bakeneko is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MageRav3 View Post
[...]
I am not sure what you mean with obstacles in this context. I encountered higher ranking Yin entities though.
I totally agree to the last statement.

bakeneko is offline   Add to bakeneko's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 05:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Swordsman will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

off topic. woo miss witch yr avatar is oversized.