It's agony for Hamilton as he's denied pole by Massa late show - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Sports Forum » It's agony for Hamilton as he's denied pole by Massa late show

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2008, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sgelite is a jewel in the roughsgelite is a jewel in the rough

It's agony for Hamilton as he's denied pole by Massa late show

Felipe Massa produced a superb late lap to snatch pole position for tomorrow's historic Singapore Grand Prix ahead of Lewis Hamilton.

The Ferrari driver clocked a time of one minute, 44:519 seconds in his final lap under the flood lights on the Marina Bay street circuit to finish sixth-tenths of a second faster than McLaren's Hamilton.

Pit stop: Members of the Ferrari team work on the car of Formula One driver Felipe Massa in Singapore

Ferrari's Felipe Massa dazzled Singapore with a "perfect lap" to snatch pole position ahead of Lewis Hamilton for Sunday's first night-time Formula One grand prix, then crossed his fingers for more of the same.

The Brazilian trails McLaren's Hamilton by a single point in the championship with just four races remaining and was thrilled by his performance on the floodlit street circuit.
"First of all the car was just perfect, nice to drive, smooth... and then I managed to drive a perfect lap," the 27-year-old smiled to reporters.

"That was a great achievement. It is just a great feeling, coming into the last corner thinking 'I cannot make any mistake'... I just make corner by corner not making any mistake.

"The feeling is so fantastic when you can take the best of the car, one of the most incredible feelings you can feel as a racing driver," he added. "Everything went perfectly tonight.
"It is a very important race for Formula One... people are getting very interested in this. In Brazil you wake up to the race, in Europe (it is) at lunchtime. It is a very interesting thing and a very important race in the calendar.

"To win would be a fantastic feeling."

With Hamilton breathing down his neck in the South-East Asian city-state, Massa knows he must reproduce that form on Sunday to take his sixth win of the season.

"You have a lot of bumps here...to do 61 laps is very tough so let's try to make sure tomorrow we have a good pace and good start," he said.

The Brazilian, also on pole in Monaco and Valencia this season, was still clearly comfortable on a layout that is anti-clockwise like his home Interlagos track and the Istanbul circuit where he has won three years in a row.

Hamilton will be hoping Massa has anything but a good start and told reporters it would be all-but impossible to overtake on the 5.067 kilometre circuit.

"You will not be able to overtake out there," the 23-year-old deadpanned. "It is going to be tough. (I will) just have to play it by ear.

"My lap was by no means perfect. Felipe said he did a perfect lap. We are not worried, we are in a very strong position tomorrow. I am happy where I am - we're looking quite good with our strategy."

Massa's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen, despite enduring a frustrating time during practice, finished strongly to take third.

BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica will start in fourth place on the grid while McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen is in fifth.

Renault's Fernando Alonso failed to finish the second qualifying round due to an engine fault, despite some excellent times in practice.

Hamilton is one point ahead of Massa in the drivers' standings with four races to go.

Source: Daily mail UK, September 27, 2008

Sponsors:
Add to sgelite's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
shypineapple is a jewel in the roughshypineapple is a jewel in the rough

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: It's agony for Hamilton as he's denied pole by Massa late show

go go Massa!!!! Ferrari FTW xD

I dream about you when I sleep.
shypineapple is offline   Add to shypineapple's Reputation Reply With Quote