any heard abt nu skin company? n its TRA products? - Page 3 - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Health & Fitness > Weight Issues » any heard abt nu skin company? n its TRA products?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2012, 05:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
New SGClubber
babyiceangel is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: any heard abt nu skin company? n its TRA products?

I just finished TRA this month. Although i didnt follow strictly, it help me to slim down 1 size and still counting!! :-)
Do contact me for more information on TRA Programme and i can share with you more! :-)

You may email me @ traciexh.tew@gmail.com.

babyiceangel is offline   Add to babyiceangel's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 07:41 PM   #42 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
whitecorp is a glorious beacon of lightwhitecorp is a glorious beacon of lightwhitecorp is a glorious beacon of lightwhitecorp is a glorious beacon of lightwhitecorp is a glorious beacon of lightwhitecorp is a glorious beacon of lightwhitecorp is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 210 Times in 173 Posts

Good luck with your slimming darling. Peace.

whitecorp is offline   Add to whitecorp's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 11:57 AM   #43 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Princess Diary is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessLUCK View Post
that's very expensive lor... for products only... too expensive liao lor...

i have a much much cheaper option and it does work for my friends... not just lose weight but no side effects... and many many times cheaper than $700... wanna know, leave your email and i tell u and introduce u to some of my friends who had succeed...

hope to let u know that to slim down with products... the price is usually around $50 to at most $250... halo $700, u can go slimming centre and enjoy liao... or half year gym membership...
Princessluck! I'm interested in ur products mentioned above. As I also try v hard to loose weight. Can u email me at paulineho_76@hotmail.com. Will will for ur reply. Thks v much!!!

Princess Diary is offline   Add to Princess Diary's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:19 AM   #44 (permalink)
New SGClubber
geoffreychaucer is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/keyword/nu-skin

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=131546

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_Skin_Enterprises

I think Singaporeans need to be alert to unproven claims. Read the hyperlinks above. There is no substitute to weight loss except for exercise and good nutrition. Nu Skin has been fined several times for unsubstantiated claims.

I've attended some of those presentations. The sales person merely showed testimonials after testimonials of the benefits of TRA. Let me explain to you how it works: if you sell very expensive supplements to 1000 people, around 100 - 200 people will experience some form of weight loss due to them unknowingly eating better or exercising more (perhaps walking more, or needing to stand up more often to make presentations). These people will be then used as testimonials. This is wholly unscientific.

The sales person kept repeating that the product is patented. Well, my friend has patented many useless things. Patents does not mean that they are effective. It merely means noone else can copy the product without paying for royalties.

There are also reports that some ingredients of the supplements may be dangerous to one's health.

If you break down the ingredients of the package, most of them can be obtained cheaply in pharmacies without prescription. The sales person will tell you it's the blend that's useful. But you can also replicate whatever proportions they use. Even then, not all the ingredients are proven to work.

In conclusion, my opinion is that it's just a very expensive weight loss program which is used to pay multi layers of sales people. That's what MLM is all about. You sell things direct but it's not cheaper. It's actually very expensive. Once you're in it, the way to succeed is to convince others to buy as much as you can. After many years of persistance, you'd have recruited many people, and probably made many enemies and have many friends avoid you. Your job is still not over. You have to continue to convince those below your layer to keep buying the expensive products.

Be wise. Always research thoroughly before you part with your hard earned money.

geoffreychaucer is offline   Add to geoffreychaucer's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:29 AM   #45 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's a con job. Nuskin has been fined several times by the FDA in the US for unsubstantiated claims. A lot of their slimming supplements can be found in pharmacies and are a lot cheaper. You are actually feeding many layers of people by buying their products.

geoffreychaucer is offline   Add to geoffreychaucer's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:34 AM   #46 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went for the presentation and they gave me many testimonies of people who have slimmed down. But if you give supplements to 100 people, 50 will probably lose weight if they exercise more and eat healthier. These people are used as testimonials. But there are no double blind studies that I can cite.

The Raman Spectrometer is another very strange gimmick. I was shown pictures of Ministers using the instrument but it meant nothing to me! It's deceptive advertising. When I researched on the instrument, I found that it could do very little to diagnose antioxidents in one's body.

Old 3rd May 2012, 09:52 AM   #47 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Assunta is on a distinguished road

I think I have come across Nuskin before but it was their beauty and skin care products. I wasn't aware that they offer slimming products as well. There are hundreds of slimming products nowadays and it's a real challenge to figure out which ones are true to their promises.

Assunta is offline   Add to Assunta's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 05:48 AM   #48 (permalink)
New SGClubber
collin.xk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assunta View Post
I think I have come across Nuskin before but it was their beauty and skin care products. I wasn't aware that they offer slimming products as well. There are hundreds of slimming products nowadays and it's a real challenge to figure out which ones are true to their promises.
the slimming products are actually health supplements from pharmanex. the so-called slimming product [TRA] is actually a integrated program of products, classes and strategic exercises, which means what ppl pay are for the 3 items above. so TRA in conclusion is a program, not a product. im not from NSE, but i do know of ppl who have been thru TRA

collin.xk is offline   Add to collin.xk's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 11:51 AM   #49 (permalink)
New SGClubber
jimmyl is on a distinguished road

I am using TRA now. Week5, lost 8kg already..

Watching my VFA and fat percentage and weight improving weekly gives me motivation to stay the course.

I think the consultant must do weekly followup to make it work.
When you can see the results, you will stay the course.

Happy to share with anyone

jimmyl is offline   Add to jimmyl's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 03:47 PM   #50 (permalink)
New SGClubber
shane_ng is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, it's up to individual to believe and be skeptical whether TRA programme works or not.

The fact is people who really tried and followed the TRA programme seriously and faithfully will eventually see the results in 3 months time. Of course, let's be realistic, it won't be from obese category to reach a slim figure in 3 months time. If people really tells you that, then these people are obviously trying to con you.

For people who gave up halfway and did not even try it, they will obviously will not meet the ideal results, and they who did not try it and had no right to say it did not work.

To add on, it's true that by just by eating right and exercise regularly can help you to slim down. But how many people are able to do that with disciplined? What one of the TRA programme helps to do here is by enhancing your metabolisms rate, which will lead to burning more calories. To burn more calories, you need to eat. If you go on diet without eating, the body lacks the energy to burn calories and instead will burn your muscles for energy instead from fats, as muscles are easily broken down for energy better than fats. Yes, you will lose weight in that moment, but what you are losing are mainly muscles and water and not exactly losing fats.

What's worst? Your body knows that you lack energy from starving for dieting, so once you start to eat something, your body will automatically stores more fats from the food you eat. Or if you stops dieting once you see some weight lose, and the moment you starts to feast, the rebound effects will come and haunt you.

shane_ng is offline   Add to shane_ng's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 11:18 PM   #51 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How much is the TRA program? While I agree a regime of exercise, diet and some supplements to speed up metabolism can help with weight loss, there are many supplements available that can achieve the same result. TRA is not the only program and cannot vouch to be THE most effective program.

My friends in Nu Skin kept saying that their supplements are patented but it meant nothing to me. There were no double blind studies that are scientifically supported.

We cannot make a conclusion that TRA is superior to other weight loss methods simply by anecdotal evidence of members who experienced success. Many non-members also achieved success using other methods.

In conclusion, it seems to be a very expensive way to lose weight, with results not necessarily better than other methods.

Old 13th May 2012, 10:32 AM   #52 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyway, To make sure TRA is safe for use, it was sent to certify safe for consumption by Health Science Authority. So can you say this means nothing to you as well?

Perhaps you are right that TRA is not the most effective, thus I would really like to know which programme you think is he most effective? Can you also please kindly name a few of other many supplements that can achieve the same results as well? I'm very interested to know.as I can look for other alternatives.

I agree that patenting may mean nothing to you as any Tom, Dick and Harry can just go and apply for patent-ship especially in China. The fact is that, TRA had over 50,000 people tried the TRA programme and experienced success, and of course I won't say TRA is superior by just this stats and anecdotal evidence, but I think it is definitely better than some.

I may not have the scientific studies that can support the TRA. Perhaps, maybe among those you going to name that you think is most effective or you think can achieve the same results, do you have the studies that are scientifically supported as well. Or maybe you can tell me where to look for them. I would appreciate that.

I also agreed many non-members achieved success using other methods.Just to point out, TRA helps to lose both the body and visceral fats, and at the same time helps to gain skeletal muscles that are hard to gain just by exercising. It would be good that you are able to tell me what kind and brand of other supplements and programmes that can help to achieve this as well, so that I can compare the price and let you know which is expensive.

In conclusion, results not "necessarily" better than others doesn't define as no results. And of course, there are also many methods that seek for short term results which is a waste of money because after you stopped the supplements or the programme, the rebound effect will kicked in, resulting in gaining more fats than u originally have. And most of the TRA consultants will follow and guide throughout the programme and making sure people are doing well. They won't sell you the products and disappeared.

Last edited by shane_ng; 13th May 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 13th May 2012, 02:14 PM   #53 (permalink)
New SGClubber
jimmyl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffreychaucer View Post
How much is the TRA program? While I agree a regime of exercise, diet and some supplements to speed up metabolism can help with weight loss, there are many supplements available that can achieve the same result. TRA is not the only program and cannot vouch to be THE most effective program.

My friends in Nu Skin kept saying that their supplements are patented but it meant nothing to me. There were no double blind studies that are scientifically supported.

We cannot make a conclusion that TRA is superior to other weight loss methods simply by anecdotal evidence of members who experienced success. Many non-members also achieved success using other methods.

In conclusion, it seems to be a very expensive way to lose weight, with results not necessarily better than other methods.
Geoffrey,
to be fair most programs have their strong points and benefits. What I like about TRA is the WEEKLY followup that my consultant does. With regular measurements and checks, you see the results, you are naturally motivated to stick to the plan and succeed.

I am 6 weeks into the program and 10kg down, VFA down 4 counts. No exercise, except walking 8 minutes to the bus-stop.

Instead of waiting for months to realize you are eating wrongly or vitamins intake is wrong, the consultant should nip it in the bud by week1. Finding a good consultant that does followup regularly is the key to the success to of any slimming programs. If results are not showing by week1, the consultant can discuss and analyse what is wrong? Your food type? Timing of vitamins etc.

By week1, I lost 1kg+ and VFA down by 1, so I know I am on the right track.

jimmyl is offline   Add to jimmyl's Reputation Reply With Quote
Members who Liked this post by jimmyl:
shane_ng (13th May 2012)
Old 14th May 2012, 11:54 PM   #54 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Shane and Jimmy. I went to listen to the Nu Skin TRA talk and was asked to fork out S$2,700. Is this amount correct? Yet, what the package entails is very vague. I went to google to search for scientific journals supporting the supplements, instead, I found a lot of news stating that Nu Skin had been repeatedly fined for making unsubstantiated claims. You can check those hyperlinks in my earlier post in page 1.

I also researched on losing VFA and there is no definitive prove that Nu Skin TRA is the best and only method to lose VFA. If it's about a weight loss regime of exercise, diet and supplements, then the dietician can help me. The person who is with Nu Skin, is not certified to be a dietician. He is merely an MLM member. I requested for the ingredients of the supplements but only managed to find a few of them. The ingredients can be easily found in off-the-shelf supplements in pharmacies.

I mean no ill-will towards Nu Skin. In fact I have friends who are from Nu Skin. I just find that a lot of claims were unsubstantiated and to me, it's just an MLM program with a lot of fat margins in the products they sell. I went through their annual reports and found their profit margins in excess of 30 - 40%, even after paying for commissions. The ingredient just cost perhaps only 5 - 10%. So the nature of MLM is such; lots of member get member programs, selling products that are beneficial but by no means the best in the market.

Old 15th May 2012, 01:00 PM   #55 (permalink)
one more year to go...
oldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to all

Liked 334 Times in 284 Posts

Quote:
Hi Shane and Jimmy. I went to listen to the Nu Skin TRA talk and was asked to fork out S$2,700. Is this amount correct? Yet, what the package entails is very vague. I went to google to search for scientific journals supporting the supplements, instead, I found a lot of news stating that Nu Skin had been repeatedly fined for making unsubstantiated claims. You can check those hyperlinks in my earlier post in page 1.

I also researched on losing VFA and there is no definitive prove that Nu Skin TRA is the best and only method to lose VFA. If it's about a weight loss regime of exercise, diet and supplements, then the dietician can help me. The person who is with Nu Skin, is not certified to be a dietician. He is merely an MLM member. I requested for the ingredients of the supplements but only managed to find a few of them. The ingredients can be easily found in off-the-shelf supplements in pharmacies.

I mean no ill-will towards Nu Skin. In fact I have friends who are from Nu Skin. I just find that a lot of claims were unsubstantiated and to me, it's just an MLM program with a lot of fat margins in the products they sell. I went through their annual reports and found their profit margins in excess of 30 - 40%, even after paying for commissions. The ingredient just cost perhaps only 5 - 10%. So the nature of MLM is such; lots of member get member programs, selling products that are beneficial but by no means the best in the market.

$2.7k?
isnt it closer to $2k?

I think total is about $2.2k, the 200+ is for attending the weekly course for follow up with talks. I also heard some members are actually from medical or health professions but true or not I dunno for sure. One thing is certain is if u dun follow their advice and eating portions u wont be able to see any or substantial result by just taking the supplements alone. Thats why some participants dun have much result as they cant or wont change their eating habits due to work or watever reason.

Old 18th May 2012, 02:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

Hi geoffreychaucer, members paid a bit more than $2k, non-members paid around $2.7k if I'm not wrong. If you go to their website or to their center to buy yourself, if I remember correctly is around $3.7k. Anyway, most consultant who sincerely wanted to help you will offer you about $2k. I don't think they will rip you off and they will guide you throughout the 3 months programme. If you think it is vague, why not try asking them to clarify your doubts. And for those who wants to sell you $2.7k may want to rip you off for extra $600 more profit. So it depends on the person who sells you, and it is those people that spoils the market and bring bad name for the rest. And of course he is not wrong to sell you in that price, just that perhaps he didn't tell you in the price details. Anyway, there's a price list in the centre, if you are interested to know, go and verify it yourself.

Yes, I agree that there's no definitely prove that TRA is the best, but does any other programmes has any prove that their programmes are the best as well? Whether it is best or not the best, it is up to individual to discover and determine for themselves. Any doubts, they should try asking the people who took the programme themselves and get their feedback.

Sure, if you feel that dietician can help you if it's about a weight loss regime of exercise, diet and supplements. Go ahead by all means since they are certified to do so. But just make sure that dietician belongs to a proper healthcare organisation and not just some slimming center. And of course, the nuskin consultant might not be certified to be a dietician, I just want to add that, most of the members tried TRA themselves, so they should know the best. If TRA is not good, do you think they will wants to be a member? To add on, many of the members I know was a professional in their respective background. There's some I know was a Medical director, an auditor firm HOD and a marketing professional. So let me post this question for you, if a Medical Director who is of course also a medical doctor who knows a lot about the pharmaceutical terms, do you think he will take up TRA and be a member as well?
Anyway, if you want to know the ingredients, nuskin website should have under their each of their product section.

There's no doubt that Nuskin is a MLM company. Selling product is primary focus, recruiting is secondary. From what I know, the differences between MLM and non-MLM corporate, is the differences in the amount of money they spend. Yes, it may be true that the ingredient cost may be about 10%. The cost of the ingredients should be the same for all companies. So what makes the differences? Seriously, you don't just see the cost of the ingredients alone to determine the amount profits, there are also many cost and factors.

The main point is beneficial. If you think you can achieve the same results buying from other brands which cost cheaper and you think the contents are similar, go ahead and do it by all means. And once you achieve your desire results, do share with us your experiences and is it maintainable after you stopped taking them.

Anyway, we all understand that you wants to eat something that is safe and had no side effect and at the same time is cheap. I think that is what consider best to you, isn't it? If not you won't compare this and that. But in reality, often most cheap products doesn't guarantee that it is good especially in this kind of thing. We all want things cheap and good, you tell me, who don't want that? But from what I see most of the time is, people buy cheaper products including me. Yes, they see their ideal results after some time, but when they stopped taking them, their weight rebound. What does this means? It means that those people had no choice but to continue that cheaper product to sustain their ideal results. So if you are going to calculate, how much does all that adding up cost if you had to take them without being able to stop. Just my opinion.

Old 4th June 2012, 01:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
Woot
coopertemple is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I have some stocks of TRA that i can let go with affordable price.
Please PM me for more info.

coopertemple is offline   Add to coopertemple's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 10:01 PM   #58 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Timothytan is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Coopertemple, wat is your price? We need to complete the 3 months rite? Wat does it consists of? Just pills? But after seeing wat your wrote, I dunno if I should take or not. My main concern is if it is safety?

Timothytan is offline   Add to Timothytan's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 10:04 PM   #59 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Timothytan is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

During the period of using TRAs, wat should be take note of?should I cut down on my meals and should I do exercise? Will I experience uncomfort?

Timothytan is offline   Add to Timothytan's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 01:00 AM   #60 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Timothytan,

i had sent you a PM. Please go to your PM inbox to see.