Help anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Singapore Buddhism Forums » Help: anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2013, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
dolphin_101 is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 69
Join Date: Sep 2009
Likes: 2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

Hi all

Read a magazine that talk about Bodhi Meditation and Master Jinbodhi. Wondering if anyone been there or knows about them?

Thank u

Sponsors:
dolphin_101 is offline  
Add to dolphin_101's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
BeAwake will become famous soon enough

 
BeAwake's Avatar
 
Posts: 301
Join Date: Feb 2009
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Gender:

Re: anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

Its a cult. Stay away from them.

http://zhunti.shixiu.net/thread-8698-1-1.html

http://www.tianjian.org/forum.php?mo...hread&tid=1085

etc

__________________
a.k.a. An Eternal Now from sg Forums

blog: http://awakeningtoreality.blogspot.com

Last edited by BeAwake; 5th June 2013 at 06:20 PM.
BeAwake is offline   Add to BeAwake's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Ylyn is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2013
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

hi dolphin,

I went to the centre and learn before and benefit from the teachings;physically and mentally.

If you are interested, just check out the website puti.sg and join the introduction session (It's free).

I saw many people benefited too. various results. But obviously if one learn but never practise, he/she won't get the benefit as much as others. Hope u benefit from it too!

Best wishes!

Ylyn is offline   Add to Ylyn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
New SGClubber
BodhiLover is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2013
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

Hi, may I know who is Master Jin Bodhi's real name? because one of their reps have been fervently ask us to join and I just want to know more before I dedicate most of my time there. Thank you.

BodhiLover is offline   Add to BodhiLover's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
dolphin_101 is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 69
Join Date: Sep 2009
Likes: 2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

Originally Posted by BeAwake View Post
Its a cult. Stay away from them.

http://zhunti.shixiu.net/thread-8698-1-1.html

http://www.tianjian.org/forum.php?mo...hread&tid=1085

etc
Thanks BeAwake... I was warned by a fren too...

dolphin_101 is offline   Add to dolphin_101's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
dolphin_101 is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 69
Join Date: Sep 2009
Likes: 2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

Originally Posted by Ylyn View Post
hi dolphin,

I went to the centre and learn before and benefit from the teachings;physically and mentally.

If you are interested, just check out the website puti.sg and join the introduction session (It's free).

I saw many people benefited too. various results. But obviously if one learn but never practise, he/she won't get the benefit as much as others. Hope u benefit from it too!

Best wishes!
Thanks but no thanks Ylyn.

I read the magazine and somehow curious so I check this out online. Actually I like to listen to buddhism talk eg Ajahn Brahm and some masters from Taiwan. But somehow I did not feel good about this Jin Bodhi. In fact, I was feeling very uneasy. Thats why I asked on FB and here. My FB fren warned me to stay away, same as BeAwake here... So I trust my 6th sense.

dolphin_101 is offline   Add to dolphin_101's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 05:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
dolphin_101 is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 69
Join Date: Sep 2009
Likes: 2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

Originally Posted by BodhiLover View Post
Hi, may I know who is Master Jin Bodhi's real name? because one of their reps have been fervently ask us to join and I just want to know more before I dedicate most of my time there. Thank you.
I think you better check and ask around. My fren master told her that his teachings are not entirely according to the Buddha's teaching...

I usually dun ask around about attending lesson or talks conducted by masters or temples. But this somehow dun feel right...

dolphin_101 is offline   Add to dolphin_101's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 12:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
tashichoden will become famous soon enough

 
tashichoden's Avatar
 
Posts: 675
Join Date: Jul 2008
Likes: 2
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Gender:

Re: anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

My personal view is, I will stay away from this person and his so-called teachings.

1) Logically, he is charging quite high etrance fees for the so-called empowerment event.
One really want to benefits the sentient beings, will not do so.
If needed, maybe a very small amount will do. But his fees is too high, so it leave me with doubts.

2) In his magazine, he talking abouyt energy and 无量念佛teachings.
Actually, Buddha and many Great Bodhisttavas already taught us the perfect way of reciting Buddha Holy Name. for eg: 大势至念佛圆通章. We just follow what they teach wil be doubtlessly heading to the Buddhahood.
If one is heading on the path to Buddhahood, thn for those worldly pressure to relieve and to gain spiritual calmness and health, will be very easy.

But because nowsaday, we folks like to look for new and creative things.
For example, big name, great title, powerful-like practice.
So there are conman around to cater to these needs.

It is very sad that, we are not willing to follow the Buddha teaching thru scriptures.
These scriptures already exists for so many years and are proven methods thru so many generation.
These scriptures are more than enough for us to practice and gain benefits from.
Yet we chose to believe some so-called Enlightened beings.

3) This person named himself as Enlightened One.
Even if you are one, for past many great master, they will chose to be silent,
and when their disciple or followers ask them are they the Enlightened One, they will just said,
I am just a normal person like you all.

So who is this man to say that he is Enlightened One?

================================================== ================

So in short, I will advise same as Bewake, stay away from this person.

What I know is, his teaching maybe good but not pure Dharma,
he cannot be greater than Buddha and DaShiZhi Pusa, that is for sure.

For thos follower, no offence.

Cheers!

__________________
Sincerely wish all will vow to reborn in Amituofo Pureland
It is the simplest and fastest way to become a Buddha

Last edited by tashichoden; 9th August 2013 at 12:12 PM.
tashichoden is offline   Add to tashichoden's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 12:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
tashichoden will become famous soon enough

 
tashichoden's Avatar
 
Posts: 675
Join Date: Jul 2008
Likes: 2
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Gender:

Re: anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

Originally Posted by Ylyn View Post
hi dolphin,

I went to the centre and learn before and benefit from the teachings;physically and mentally.

If you are interested, just check out the website puti.sg and join the introduction session (It's free).

I saw many people benefited too. various results. But obviously if one learn but never practise, he/she won't get the benefit as much as others. Hope u benefit from it too!

Best wishes!
Like what we learn from Buddha, some posion may taste sweet in the beginning.
it have to lured you in, beware.

regards

Ray

__________________
Sincerely wish all will vow to reborn in Amituofo Pureland
It is the simplest and fastest way to become a Buddha
tashichoden is offline   Add to tashichoden's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
New SGClubber
hosuswee is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2014
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: anyone knows about Bodhi Meditation @sg and Master Jinbodhi?

This 'Master Jin Pu Ti' has placed his magazine "Meditation and Heath" in many places such as Chinese medicine clinics, free-distribution counters for distribution..

Ya..the entrance fees charged also 'jin jia gui'..

Dhamma is not a trade.. unfortunately, many are not aware.. (-_-)

末法时,邪师说法如恒河沙。。

hosuswee is offline   Add to hosuswee's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2015, 05:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
New SGClubber
blue_icon is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Apr 2015
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:


Originally Posted by tashichoden View Post
My personal view is, I will stay away from this person and his so-called teachings.

1) Logically, he is charging quite high etrance fees for the so-called empowerment event.
One really want to benefits the sentient beings, will not do so.
If needed, maybe a very small amount will do. But his fees is too high, so it leave me with doubts.

2) In his magazine, he talking abouyt energy and 无量念佛teachings.
Actually, Buddha and many Great Bodhisttavas already taught us the perfect way of reciting Buddha Holy Name. for eg: 大势至念佛圆通章. We just follow what they teach wil be doubtlessly heading to the Buddhahood.
If one is heading on the path to Buddhahood, thn for those worldly pressure to relieve and to gain spiritual calmness and health, will be very easy.

But because nowsaday, we folks like to look for new and creative things.
For example, big name, great title, powerful-like practice.
So there are conman around to cater to these needs.

It is very sad that, we are not willing to follow the Buddha teaching thru scriptures.
These scriptures already exists for so many years and are proven methods thru so many generation.
These scriptures are more than enough for us to practice and gain benefits from.
Yet we chose to believe some so-called Enlightened beings.

3) This person named himself as Enlightened One.
Even if you are one, for past many great master, they will chose to be silent,
and when their disciple or followers ask them are they the Enlightened One, they will just said,
I am just a normal person like you all.

So who is this man to say that he is Enlightened One?

================================================== ================

So in short, I will advise same as Bewake, stay away from this person.

What I know is, his teaching maybe good but not pure Dharma,
he cannot be greater than Buddha and DaShiZhi Pusa, that is for sure.

For thos follower, no offence.

Cheers!
Hi to all!
tashichoden, I would like to ask before jumping into these conclusions, have you ever been to it and experience it urself.
From what I heard the high entrance fee is charged because of the high rental fee for the venue in Singapore. Being relatively new in Singapore, there are lesser financial support. Nowadays, if u want to attend lessons, u have to pay for them. The reasons why some Buddhism seminars are free are because of sponsors and previous donations from others. I also heard that recent Bodhi meditation seminars in Singapore are free. Most of the other Bodhi Meditation seminars in other countries such as Vancouver, US, South Korea and Malaysia are free too There are also teachings from the magazines which are free for all and publication of the magazines does need money too.
2) No doubt that when we follow Buddha and many Great Bodhisttavas teachings and methods will help us. But if u have not tried a method and yet gave an evaluation on it. It is not fair. It is like 造口业.

As we know, it is 末法时代, the interest is dwelling. If one wants others to be interested in Buddhism teaching, some ways must be made to evoke the interests.

The main purpose of Bodhi Meditation is to let people regain health and ability to face the world in positive outlooks. Hence, it appeals to all races and religions. It doesn't have much Buddhism teachings in the beginning as it only wants people to be healthy and happy. I have heard and seen miracles from others. People who were on the verge of dying, people with great disabilities unable to move and many others who have problems with their families benefited from it. It is precisely they have benefited from it, hence, some of them become vigorously promoting it to others, which others may mistake them as being brainwashed and it as a cult. Also, they may be too fervent that they come across as pushing 'sales' due to their desires to help others.

3) I think never once I heard the master said he is the Enlightened One. It's interpreted by believers. Follwing a quote from DailyEnlightenment.com, "In the Surangama Sutra (楞严经), Sakyamuni Buddha, our fundamental teacher, clearly instructed Bodhisattvas and Arhats who manifest in various manners in our world to aid us to never ever reveal their true identities while alive, at most disclosing who they are just before (or after) their departures."

To sum it up, if you never experience it, don't make a conclusion about it. Everyone has their own thoughts. For sports lovers, there are so much sports, not all are doing the same sports. Same goes for food lovers, some like spicy food, some like desserts and not all like the same things. What doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for others. There are so many religions around the world too. U cant discriminate against other religions just because others have different beliefs from you. Ultimately, we are all humans living in the same world.

blue_icon is offline   Add to blue_icon's Reputation Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bodhi, jinbodhi, meditation

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No-Self and Meditation BeAwake Singapore Buddhism Forums 1 4th September 2013 12:24 AM
Meditation JoeR Health & Fitness 0 30th December 2012 10:34 PM
The Meditation Bible happybustles123 General Merchandise 0 22nd February 2010 09:55 AM
Meditation Jinxmy Supernatural Zone 32 11th April 2009 05:00 PM

» Sponsors
Watch Free Movies Online
Celebrity Gossip
Food Delivery

» Facebook Fans
» What's Going On?
Title, Username, & Date
Police question shop staff over sale of karambit knife
Counselling
my pets :)
Cutest animal pics
selling Murata Ceramic chip capacitors
DIABETES is in essence a chronic relative caloric excess problem:
Great gifts for guys
What I think of online dating
Fashionable hair wigs
Man charged with releasing pet stingrays into reservoir
ICA officer charged with accepting bribes
MD of pharmaceutical firm accused of selling drugs
Jurong West lift that plunged four floors remains closed after two months
Man convicted for possessing 280 explicit videos of women and girls in Singapore
INTERIOR DESIGN DIPLOMA - LASALLE? NAFA? any other options?
Do you know?
Thai Oil Massage
Downtown Line 3 to launch with 2 days of free travel
Train delay on East West Line causes crowds at stations
Best Chicken Rice In Bukit Timah Singapore
Featured Photos
by DBest
· · ·
Member Galleries
20335 photos
13340 comments
by DBest
· · ·
Member Galleries
20335 photos
13340 comments
by DBest
· · ·
Member Galleries
20335 photos
13340 comments
by DBest
· · ·
Member Galleries
20335 photos
13340 comments
by DBest
· · ·
Member Galleries
20335 photos
13340 comments
by DBest
· · ·
Member Galleries
20335 photos
13340 comments
by DBest
· · ·
Member Galleries
20335 photos
13340 comments
by DBest
· · ·
Member Galleries
20335 photos
13340 comments
by DBest
· · ·
Member Galleries
20335 photos
13340 comments
by DBest
· · ·
Member Galleries
20335 photos
13340 comments

 

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright© 2004-2013 SGClub.com. All rights reserved.