Anyone plays the ufo catcher? - Page 2 - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Miscellaneous Interests » Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2009, 01:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
nuriko_sankc will become famous soon enough

 
nuriko_sankc's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,701
Join Date: May 2009
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

wa UFO heaven!!!!!
so u give the money to the staff or the machine ownself calculate de???? then u get hte item?? sry dumb here

Sponsors:
__________________
I do one-of-a-kind glass jewellery, kellyc.glass.jwry@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/KellyC.Glass.Jwry
nuriko_sankc is offline   Add to nuriko_sankc's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 10:45 AM   #22 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
lordsbm is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 328
Join Date: Feb 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

I think Madelyn means when the counter reach the prize count, confirm you'll get the prize. I assumed means no loose claws.

Local ones also got counter, when counter reach will hold tight, just that some vendors may loose the claw so harder to catch. So I feel the $1 try is pretty reasonable to feed the machine^^ Cause I sux at position claws to drag >.<

lordsbm is offline   Add to lordsbm's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 08:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
pink_princess will become famous soon enough

 
Posts: 761
Join Date: May 2009
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

if you guys notice nowadays the machines have a wheel that spins when you press the button?
if you're lucky,you'll hit on chance which in my experience is a 100% winner
some places also have fate on the wheel which is actually the opposite. T.T
those local machines,i can say 90% have been tampered with =/
a tip if you wanna catch at least something is to try and attack those machines with toys that they are clearing stock cause the grip of the claws would be tighter ^ ^
another is to try to avoid those machines where alot of pple has already caught many toys from there
cause after a certain quota the machines are likely to be tampered with already.
hope this helps!

pink_princess added 4 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by nuriko_sankc View Post
wa UFO heaven!!!!!
so u give the money to the staff or the machine ownself calculate de???? then u get hte item?? sry dumb here
yupp,like what lordsbm said,the machines have inbuilt counters.
normally the prizes would drop through the hole and its up to you if you wanna take that toy or exchange for a new toy or a different toy. [every place got different rules]
or there are machines that block up the hole so you have to ask the staff to get the toy for you.
hope this helps!


Last edited by pink_princess; 28th May 2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
pink_princess is offline   Add to pink_princess's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 10:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
mushixx2 is on a distinguished road

 
mushixx2's Avatar
 
Posts: 324
Join Date: Aug 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

tried my luck at MS after all the good reviews here. quite lucky yesterday. Got 4 plush in total after spending $40 lol.

how abt sharing tips in catching to help each other

__________________
Plush Clearance...small plushes from $5 & Iphone Itouch Accessories
mushixx2 is offline   Add to mushixx2's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 11:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
pink_princess will become famous soon enough

 
Posts: 761
Join Date: May 2009
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

4 toys for 40bucks is rather worth it =D
should be lesser than their cost price
you must be quite good at it since u got a blogshop selling the toys!
i got alot of toys in my house too!
all from playing the ufo catchers =/
maybe 1 day i will post pics up

pink_princess is offline   Add to pink_princess's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 12:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
mushixx2 is on a distinguished road

 
mushixx2's Avatar
 
Posts: 324
Join Date: Aug 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Originally Posted by pink_princess View Post
4 toys for 40bucks is rather worth it =D
should be lesser than their cost price
you must be quite good at it since u got a blogshop selling the toys!
i got alot of toys in my house too!
all from playing the ufo catchers =/
maybe 1 day i will post pics up
thanks but i only depend on luck. only trick i know is to catch at the end so that it will swing ... but it almost never swing to the hole

i've gotta sell them before i run out of space ... these toys are taking far too much space ....

__________________
Plush Clearance...small plushes from $5 & Iphone Itouch Accessories

Last edited by mushixx2; 29th May 2009 at 12:29 AM.
mushixx2 is offline   Add to mushixx2's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 12:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
pink_princess will become famous soon enough

 
Posts: 761
Join Date: May 2009
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

haha,yeah.
swinging it to the hole quite a good method
but sometimes will backfire T.T
so where do you frequent?
or you're a one timer,come and go type?

pink_princess is offline   Add to pink_princess's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 12:38 AM   #28 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
ndjnick is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 251
Join Date: Apr 2009
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Originally Posted by mushixx2 View Post
thanks but i only depend on luck. only trick i know is to catch at the end so that it will swing ... but it almost never swing to the hole

i've gotta sell them before i run out of space ... these toys are taking far too much space ....
haha yah once it stacks up can be quite sian of it. =x like take too much space! haha.

__________________
ndjnick is offline   Add to ndjnick's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 12:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
mushixx2 is on a distinguished road

 
mushixx2's Avatar
 
Posts: 324
Join Date: Aug 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Originally Posted by pink_princess View Post
haha,yeah.
swinging it to the hole quite a good method
but sometimes will backfire T.T
so where do you frequent?
or you're a one timer,come and go type?
ya most of the time it will backfire so juz have to pray luck is on my side to get it swinging in the right direction

i almost always pop in to have a look when i pass by any arcade. but bcos i'm working at bugis hence always frequent bugis, iluma, suntec and sometimes ms. ms not that frequent bcos it's quite a far walk... i also go to lot 1 near my hse. play until the ppl there noe me

__________________
Plush Clearance...small plushes from $5 & Iphone Itouch Accessories

Last edited by mushixx2; 29th May 2009 at 12:46 AM.
mushixx2 is offline   Add to mushixx2's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 03:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
lordsbm is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 328
Join Date: Feb 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

ms ones got sensor, so if toy drop near the hole, sometime the claw won't be able to reach it >.< like what pink princess mentioned, look for machines that's clearing stocks^^ I recall plaza sing last week the stitch wedding ones being caught easily. Quite a few kids caught a pair (caught 2x) with less than $15.

lordsbm is offline   Add to lordsbm's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 05:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
pink_princess will become famous soon enough

 
Posts: 761
Join Date: May 2009
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Originally Posted by lordsbm View Post
ms ones got sensor, so if toy drop near the hole, sometime the claw won't be able to reach it >.< like what pink princess mentioned, look for machines that's clearing stocks^^ I recall plaza sing last week the stitch wedding ones being caught easily. Quite a few kids caught a pair (caught 2x) with less than $15.
sometimes if the claw cannot get a grip on the toy,you can consider using one of the claws to poke it down instead,worked a few times for me!

pink_princess is offline   Add to pink_princess's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 06:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
ahqing is on a distinguished road

 
ahqing's Avatar
 
Posts: 210
Join Date: Jun 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

wah
i nub ufo only catch one
the claw caught 2
and i spent like 100+ on them=.="

ahqing is offline   Add to ahqing's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 06:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
lordsbm is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 328
Join Date: Feb 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Originally Posted by pink_princess View Post
sometimes if the claw cannot get a grip on the toy,you can consider using one of the claws to poke it down instead,worked a few times for me!
Problem is the closest claw also cannot reach Or rather just touch gently only I did managed to knock the chopper clock down at MS. Unless I'm around that area, don't think I'll go there again. I don't get friendly service there

lordsbm is offline   Add to lordsbm's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 07:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
pink_princess will become famous soon enough

 
Posts: 761
Join Date: May 2009
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Originally Posted by lordsbm View Post
Problem is the closest claw also cannot reach Or rather just touch gently only I did managed to knock the chopper clock down at MS. Unless I'm around that area, don't think I'll go there again. I don't get friendly service there
oh,yeah,there are certain staff that i would avoid there.
normally after you go there a few times and have some conversation with the boss and staff,
the next few visits would be much better
another tip is to go earlier and play cause they take accounts of how many toys have been won,so if you go earlier there will be lesser counts
so you can tell the person u spend alot of $$ alr ask them to put a better position for you

edit: going down now!one of the staff just called to tell me got new stock
will post about it when i get back!


Last edited by pink_princess; 29th May 2009 at 07:50 PM.
pink_princess is offline   Add to pink_princess's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 09:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
mushixx2 is on a distinguished road

 
mushixx2's Avatar
 
Posts: 324
Join Date: Aug 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Originally Posted by pink_princess View Post
oh,yeah,there are certain staff that i would avoid there.
normally after you go there a few times and have some conversation with the boss and staff,
the next few visits would be much better
another tip is to go earlier and play cause they take accounts of how many toys have been won,so if you go earlier there will be lesser counts
so you can tell the person u spend alot of $$ alr ask them to put a better position for you

edit: going down now!one of the staff just called to tell me got new stock
will post about it when i get back!
dunno if it's juz me but everytime i say i spend a lot of $ ask them to give a better position always got rejected. and if a few people won from the same machine they will change the position to make it harder for u to catch.

__________________
Plush Clearance...small plushes from $5 & Iphone Itouch Accessories
mushixx2 is offline   Add to mushixx2's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 02:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
pink_princess will become famous soon enough

 
Posts: 761
Join Date: May 2009
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Originally Posted by mushixx2 View Post
dunno if it's juz me but everytime i say i spend a lot of $ ask them to give a better position always got rejected. and if a few people won from the same machine they will change the position to make it harder for u to catch.
yupp,thats why i say go early then got better chance ^^
most of the time they wont really change unless those pple that catch use very little $$ to get the toy then they make a loss then they will change a harder position.
normally from what i see they will give chance if they see that you dunno how to play.
went there and caught 3 toys today!
a walking chicken and 2 chicks.
damn cute.
apparently damn popular but the woman reserve for me until i came down
nothing new to catch so left after awhile,waiting for their new stocks to arrive!

pink_princess is offline   Add to pink_princess's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 03:56 PM   #37 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
mushixx2 is on a distinguished road

 
mushixx2's Avatar
 
Posts: 324
Join Date: Aug 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Originally Posted by pink_princess View Post
yupp,thats why i say go early then got better chance ^^
most of the time they wont really change unless those pple that catch use very little $$ to get the toy then they make a loss then they will change a harder position.
normally from what i see they will give chance if they see that you dunno how to play.
went there and caught 3 toys today!
a walking chicken and 2 chicks.
damn cute.
apparently damn popular but the woman reserve for me until i came down
nothing new to catch so left after awhile,waiting for their new stocks to arrive!
woah tat's quite a big harvest. care to post pics? won't be able to go down to ms anytime soon because need to prepare for exams.

__________________
Plush Clearance...small plushes from $5 & Iphone Itouch Accessories
mushixx2 is offline   Add to mushixx2's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 04:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
lordsbm is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 328
Join Date: Feb 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Went plaza sing just now, caught the new stitch wedding pair abt 32cm standing (original disney fun*fan amuse tag). Also a disney cushion (original disney but can bought from outside) and a chopper stool (banpresto for ufo catcher). Damage $56

Think they clearing the choppers and small monster inc toys. The chopper stool is original, the baby chopper is tagless, als can choose cooking doremon. Those interested can go try^^ The stool is not for sitting but for kneeling Got two same stools and will make nice kneeling stool for my GO board

lordsbm is offline   Add to lordsbm's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 06:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
mushixx2 is on a distinguished road

 
mushixx2's Avatar
 
Posts: 324
Join Date: Aug 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

Originally Posted by lordsbm View Post
Went plaza sing just now, caught the new stitch wedding pair abt 32cm standing (original disney fun*fan amuse tag). Also a disney cushion (original disney but can bought from outside) and a chopper stool (banpresto for ufo catcher). Damage $56

Think they clearing the choppers and small monster inc toys. The chopper stool is original, the baby chopper is tagless, als can choose cooking doremon. Those interested can go try^^ The stool is not for sitting but for kneeling Got two same stools and will make nice kneeling stool for my GO board
sad wish to go get some chopper too ... stuck at home now ...

tat's quite a lot for $56 though and they are all big items.

__________________
Plush Clearance...small plushes from $5 & Iphone Itouch Accessories
mushixx2 is offline   Add to mushixx2's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 07:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
lordsbm is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 328
Join Date: Feb 2008
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: Anyone plays the ufo catcher?

there'll always be more toys to catch^^ btw good luck with your exams^^

Actually spent only $34 for the wedding pair + chopper stool. But I just want another disney cushion, so ended up dropping more money^^;

lordsbm is offline   Add to lordsbm's Reputation Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling SEGA UFO Catcher Toy no_time Anime Merchandise Marketplace 34 27th September 2010 04:23 PM
An UFO-Catcher Addicts' Blogshop Lobsterman Clothes & Accessories 0 18th February 2009 05:36 PM
Selling! Definite eye catcher lemonthree General Merchandise 1 9th January 2009 10:21 PM
UFO CATCHER Terry SGClub Cafe 1 23rd October 2007 07:34 AM
dream catcher mayocat SGClub Cafe 7 31st July 2007 11:53 PM

» Sponsors
Watch Free Movies Online
Celebrity Gossip
Food Delivery

» Facebook Fans
» What's Going On?
Title, Username, & Date
2 full-day shutdowns, shorter operating hours for 19 NSEWL MRT stations in December: LTA,...
Durians in Singapore safe to eat, says AVA in response to Malaysian insecticide rumours
Photosnapper please come in !
Supermarkets looking to develop house brand infant milk powder
Chanced upon this website, not sure if legit not, any bros bought from them before?
Train delay near Clementi MRT station during evening rush hour: Commuters
Post anything random on this thread.
Uber's massive data breach and Singapore 'phantom' ride cases not related: Uber
Man jailed for threatening to circulate nude photos
Majority think MRT is not well run, and are not confident things will improve soon: Survey
Higher taxes inevitable, and Govt will explain ahead of hikes where money is going to: PM...
Wear sunscreen everyday
Stay Hydrated
TnBS - NLSeo01 - 23Mar - 0k - 1k
World's rarest blue macaws on show at Bird Park
Car owners asked to remove flawed airbags
HSA to investigate sale of DIY dental kits online
Singaporeans should avoid travelling to Mount Agung amid eruption risk: MFA
Fire breaks out at Parklane Mall; exhaust ducting involved
Man fined for breaching pet shop licensing conditions
Featured Photos
by ApnaE
· · ·
Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Ang Mo Kio
1 photos
0 comments
by ApnaE
· · ·
Member Galleries
20250 photos
13349 comments
by ApnaE
· · ·
Member Galleries
20250 photos
13349 comments
by Vikas Dhar
· · ·
Photography
35 photos
5 comments
by aaudreygan
· · ·
Guy Photos
1581 photos
946 comments
by aaudreygan
· · ·
Girl Photos
4352 photos
4217 comments
by a8paris
· · ·
Guy Photos
1581 photos
946 comments
by a8paris
· · ·
Guy Photos
1581 photos
946 comments
by aaricia
· · ·
Girl Photos
4352 photos
4217 comments
by aaricia
· · ·
Girl Photos
4352 photos
4217 comments

 

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2013 SGClub.com. All rights reserved.