Anyone took courses in Kaplan Singapore? - Page 13 - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > School Life » Anyone took courses in Kaplan Singapore?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2015, 01:50 AM   #241 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Adelinnne will become famous soon enough

Liked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Re: Anyone took courses in Kaplan Singapore?

Originally Posted by soul_reaper View Post
Hey BadBrains, noted about it.

I was planning to have a QnA session with Kaplan before moving on and made any decisions.
Can anyone advice me on what are some of the questions I should ask? I can already forsee myself asking them either some very basics stuff or none at all

Greatly appreciate in advance!
-So how is your experience with Kaplan if you were to rate them from 1(excellent) to 5(worst)

-And how is the course which you are taking? Is there lots of programming skill set require?

I am thinking of taking this course too & appreciate you could shared your experience.

Thanks

Sponsors:
Adelinnne is offline   Add to Adelinnne's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 10:44 AM   #242 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
soul_reaper is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adelinnne View Post
-So how is your experience with Kaplan if you were to rate them from 1(excellent) to 5(worst)

-And how is the course which you are taking? Is there lots of programming skill set require?

I am thinking of taking this course too & appreciate you could shared your experience.

Thanks
Hey Adelinnne, I have yet to take the course. Which is why I have posted querying for it XD

soul_reaper is offline   Add to soul_reaper's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 02:28 AM   #243 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Adelinnne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by soul_reaper View Post
Hey Adelinnne, I have yet to take the course. Which is why I have posted querying for it XD
actually kaplan is not as good as sim..however all learning institutions are never cheap..do check out on sim stuffs.

Adelinnne is offline   Add to Adelinnne's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 02:10 PM   #244 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
BadBrains is on a distinguished road

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Adelinnne View Post
actually kaplan is not as good as sim..however all learning institutions are never cheap..do check out on sim stuffs.
sim is more recognized by the education system and most of the people actually go for sim than kaplan as it happens to have unisim..

BadBrains is offline   Add to BadBrains's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 01:17 AM   #245 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
evodarren will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BadBrains View Post
sim is more recognized by the education system and most of the people actually go for sim than kaplan as it happens to have unisim..
sim is so far one of the best private institutes so far..other universities are not so recognized compared to this sim.

evodarren is offline   Add to evodarren's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 10:50 PM   #246 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Adli will become famous soon enough

Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts

Originally Posted by evodarren View Post
sim is so far one of the best private institutes so far..other universities are not so recognized compared to this sim.
sim has the backup of government as sim is relatively competitive in the education system.it is not easy to study there.

Adli is offline   Add to Adli's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 01:27 AM   #247 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Adli will become famous soon enough

Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Adli View Post
sim has the backup of government as sim is relatively competitive in the education system.it is not easy to study there.
sim is quite globalized as they have good foreign universities inside.studies are quite hard in sim..

Adli is offline   Add to Adli's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 12:46 PM   #248 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
BadBrains is on a distinguished road

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Adli View Post
sim is quite globalized as they have good foreign universities inside.studies are quite hard in sim..
SIM GE would be better because the degrees are awarded by overseas universities with a high reputability and also famous for their education learning. UniSIM is also not bad, as now the govt going to make it a 6th university, meaning that the degrees are now recognized by the govt. Ultimately, it all depends on you whether where u wanna go and study.

BadBrains is offline   Add to BadBrains's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 06:48 PM   #249 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Jimmy V is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Note Kaplan is base in central Dhoby Ghaut area. Their fee they charge is relatively high considering the class size could be close to 80. But sad and very disappointing to say that the teaching facilities supported by them is way below par in standards compared to other institution like eg SIM, PSB to support such a large number. In SIM and PSB they use high definition projector for their lecture tutorials. Class size wise in SIM class size might be close to 80 but the tutorials classroom is a high end cinema movie type with elevated seat and rows on each rows with large and HIGH END sharp definition projection screen to support larger classrooms.

But in Kaplan no one in there seems to care about the low resolution cheapskate screen projection which they have. The projection use by Kaplan is very crappy, blurry, low in resolution, not zoom to sharpness compared to SIM and even PSB. Even for students sitting on the front rows is really pain in eye to view and read the projection screen. Yup you are right, Kaplan uses crappy projector just really for display show and not lecturer teaching purposes. So every degree lecture session is like blak blak by the us lecturers teaching and students are all squeaking and staining theirs eyes on the small and useless burry projector on for both small and even worse large tutorial rooms. Really feel sorry for the students. Cause students cant really see what us the lecturers are teaching, Compared to other institution Kaplan have the worst teaching and learning experience.

More over their whiteboard are small and useless that some lecturers don’t bother switching the lights on while writing on the whiteboard. If someone is to pay more than $20,000++ thousands of dollar is really unacceptable and for degree student is really good luck that every time they have to strain and guess what the lecturer are teaching in class! Sum up the projector use by Kaplan is worse than the primary school projection which they use but with twice the classroom size.

In sum I do not know what Kaplan thinks but it is really unfair for student who pay such a high professional school fees but not receive even basic teaching facilities. Is a real shame for their modern time now. Kaplan overcrowd their class size in small but ‘long’ classroom with low focus and resolution screen projector, whereby most student are really handicap with what actually the lecturer are teaching and writing on board.

My advice is that Kaplan should really hire external professional help for their student per ration projection screen, change their whole useless and crappy projector if needed or even cut down the class size if they can’t support it like SIM with not classroom but high end classy theatre type like tutorial rooms. But reckon their so lucrative now they would bother less with it.

Students have feedback but not voice out that Kaplan do in certain extend uses useless and crappy projector and their always like enrolled and stuck in the situation.

Given the choice Avoid Kaplan at all cost, go for SIM or even PSB. Even for PSB round the same Schools fees the class for certain course are less than 20 students and larger class size would be round 40-60 or even less. But however for both PSB & SIM the projector and visualizer is much more crystal clear and not straining and pleasing to the eyes.

Jimmy V is offline   Add to Jimmy V's Reputation Reply With Quote