Appeal for JCs - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > School Life » Appeal for JCs

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th January 2009, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
grace_enying will become famous soon enoughgrace_enying will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Appeal for JCs

Hello.

Let's say (LET'S SAY HOH!) my l1r5 is 7 and I want to go to acjc(COP6) but I got into my second choice which is ajc (COP8).

How do I appeal? When do I appeal? And..where do I appeal? Thanks

grace_enying added 4 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Hey but then 30 Jan the results out right.. and it's the 2nd of Feb when school starts. Only 2 days in between. So won't the appealing process be kind of rush? :/ Will you get to know the outcome on the day you appeal? Haha. Thanks!

Last edited by grace_enying; 17th January 2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
Add to grace_enying's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
jolynke is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Appeal for JCs

Go straight down to acjc on monday with all your results slip (o lvl / prelims), testimonials, cca cert, photograph.... i think go there ask for appeal form... fill in the form... i think most schools have choice to appeal using academic results/ cca.... then choose one of them.... i think then wait for news.... if you are not sure.... call b4 you go down.... appeal as early as possible...

Last edited by jolynke; 17th January 2009 at 11:54 PM.
jolynke is offline   Add to jolynke's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 11:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
grace_enying will become famous soon enoughgrace_enying will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ohhhh okay okay thanks

Old 18th January 2009, 01:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
limtata will become famous soon enoughlimtata will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

appeal may not be successful. if so, u'll just be enrolled into the sch and not being referred to another.

but well, u can try, chances are slim.

Old 18th January 2009, 02:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
King4hao is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What I know is that you still need to report to AJC the next day choice is out.
Tell the ogl that you want to appeal. They will bring you to get permission. normally is at 12+.
Then you will go back to the school you want to appeal into ( ACJC in this case)

Report as per normal to AJC until appeal result is out.

King4hao is offline   Add to King4hao's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2009, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
New SGClubber
diamondball123 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, i got a friend who get 5 net points for l1r5. He put 1) vjc arts 2)rjc arts 3)njc arts. What are the chances of him entering his choice? Also, he intending to appeal to rjc after the posting results are out, what are his chances?

diamondball123 is offline   Add to diamondball123's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2009, 11:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
piggifiedme is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if he puts rj as 2nd choice not likely he will be able to appeal successfully because it isn't his first choice. they consider those who put rj as first choice over those who put them as 2nd choice. same applies to other jcs as well

piggifiedme is offline   Add to piggifiedme's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2009, 06:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by limtata View Post
appeal may not be successful. if so, u'll just be enrolled into the sch and not being referred to another.

but well, u can try, chances are slim.
ohhh...but only a difference of ONE point mah can try right..

grace_enying added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by King4hao View Post
What I know is that you still need to report to AJC the next day choice is out.
Tell the ogl that you want to appeal. They will bring you to get permission. normally is at 12+.
Then you will go back to the school you want to appeal into ( ACJC in this case)

Report as per normal to AJC until appeal result is out.
Oh the NEXT day? I was intending to go IMMEDIATELY when I get the results! Can't ON that day? Must next day ar? Thanks! Btw, what's ogl? And what do you mean by 'bring me'? 12+? There's a timing? Huh? I'm lost! Haha thanks!

Last edited by grace_enying; 18th January 2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
grace_enying is offline   Add to grace_enying's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 03:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
limtata will become famous soon enoughlimtata will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

can try la. but 1points make a very big difference liao lo. hw many students in singapore is scoring 1point better than u? i believe its more than a 100 bah or even more than that.

Old 20th January 2009, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Jodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to behold

Liked 54 Times in 24 Posts

If your seniors can get in with +2, +3 more than COP, so can you! Good luck in getting into your dream school. =)

Old 20th January 2009, 10:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
SohSweeKiat is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

and 1st day of school have to wear back secondary school uni?

SohSweeKiat is offline   Add to SohSweeKiat's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 10:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
hooolahoop has a spectacular aura abouthooolahoop has a spectacular aura abouthooolahoop has a spectacular aura abouthooolahoop has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1st day of school, definitely, you wear your secondary school uniform. no home clothes allowed. even if you already have the JC's uniform, you still have to wear secondary school uniform.

my experience is that, appealing to ajc IF you do not meet the cut-off point, the chances of having a success is nearly 0%. UNLESS you appeal through CCA, and it's a CCA that aj is very desperate for, like band, CO and dance. in the past, i used to be kay-po once and flipped all the appeal forms when nobody is supposed to (sorry lo, i know the malay uncle in the office, so he didn't scold me so kay-po flip people's papers for what, when it's not my business).

anyway, a number of people scored like.... 6 points (imagine how much they got after deduction of CCA points, hur) and are appealing into aj (because they got into rj, then they don't like blahblah)

so yeah, you get the idea if you do not meet the cut-off point at all in the first place. don't have high hopes of getting in and such. just take it normal.

*Have fun on SGClub but pls READ the RULES, Report Bad Posts and Give Reputation to Good Ones!*
hooolahoop is offline   Add to hooolahoop's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 01:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hooolahoop View Post
1st day of school, definitely, you wear your secondary school uniform. no home clothes allowed. even if you already have the JC's uniform, you still have to wear secondary school uniform.

my experience is that, appealing to ajc IF you do not meet the cut-off point, the chances of having a success is nearly 0%. UNLESS you appeal through CCA, and it's a CCA that aj is very desperate for, like band, CO and dance. in the past, i used to be kay-po once and flipped all the appeal forms when nobody is supposed to (sorry lo, i know the malay uncle in the office, so he didn't scold me so kay-po flip people's papers for what, when it's not my business).

anyway, a number of people scored like.... 6 points (imagine how much they got after deduction of CCA points, hur) and are appealing into aj (because they got into rj, then they don't like blahblah)

so yeah, you get the idea if you do not meet the cut-off point at all in the first place. don't have high hopes of getting in and such. just take it normal.

luckily I haven't threw away my GREEN stuff (aka uniform) lols (hey wait...even for OUR batch? no more first 3 months)

oh okay thanks for info anyway erm ajc? ajc COP is 8 only leh. haha you meant acjc? (which is 6) hahahhaa

oh and the ppl who appeal from rj...appeal FROM rj? for what? OH you mean the 3 months system that MOE used to implement ar? Now no more first 3 months so no one will appeal like that le right..

oh so I can appeal through cca la? aiya actually the sch I want to get in is acsi. And they don't care about ccas at all. =.= I shall appeal through using my extent of DESPERATION and PASSION for their sch oh and of course, $$$$$ (HAHA JOKING.) =.=

grace_enying added 5 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by limtata View Post
can try la. but 1points make a very big difference liao lo. hw many students in singapore is scoring 1point better than u? i believe its more than a 100 bah or even more than that.
But not all 100 students wants to go to the sch I intend to go right? chances are slim lah true

Last edited by grace_enying; 21st January 2009 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 21st January 2009, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
hooolahoop has a spectacular aura abouthooolahoop has a spectacular aura abouthooolahoop has a spectacular aura abouthooolahoop has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No. Read carefully.

What I meant is that, those people who appealed got into their first choice (most likely), for example, RJC. After the first day of orientation, they did not enjoy the environment or whatsoever, so they decide to appeal. I said nothing about first three months.

And to buy the uniform before you got into the jc isn't that hard. You just walk in, and buy it. Again, no link to first three months. I have no idea how and why you get such a weird idea from something so clear cut I posted.

Which form of appeal you are given, you have to check out the appeal form itself. But most of the time, they have both options.

And trust me, ACJC do care about their CCAs.

*Have fun on SGClub but pls READ the RULES, Report Bad Posts and Give Reputation to Good Ones!*
Old 21st January 2009, 05:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hooolahoop View Post
No. Read carefully.

What I meant is that, those people who appealed got into their first choice (most likely), for example, RJC. After the first day of orientation, they did not enjoy the environment or whatsoever, so they decide to appeal. I said nothing about first three months.

And to buy the uniform before you got into the jc isn't that hard. You just walk in, and buy it. Again, no link to first three months. I have no idea how and why you get such a weird idea from something so clear cut I posted.

Which form of appeal you are given, you have to check out the appeal form itself. But most of the time, they have both options.

And trust me, ACJC do care about their CCAs.
huh? I said ACSI who doesn't care about ccas (it's an independent school. and yah a lot of ppl told me they are results orientated). Not ACJC. And erm..seriously la, acsi doesn't care about ccas. ppl dsa-ed there through ccas but it didn't bother to call them down for try-outs or auditions.

Okay anyway, my english only got A2 so don't start throwing criticisms at me k. I guess I have difficulties comprehending =.=

erm the uniform thing? I asked. Not assumed. So I don't know why YOU started getting cranky. And did I say that it's HARD to buy uniform? I said: Did you mean the first three months? (I ASKED cos you know..I very blur one) I didn't say: I can buy uniform so easily! -.-" DOTS

oh okay the rjc one...I get it now. Thanks.

grace_enying added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

okay shit. I need to improve my english.

Last edited by grace_enying; 21st January 2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 21st January 2009, 05:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
tranquil is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My english is much worse than yours.......

Btw, you are trying to aim for acs or acjc ?

Last edited by tranquil; 21st January 2009 at 05:22 PM.
tranquil is offline   Add to tranquil's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 06:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
facetiousness is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So if i cannot make it to a particular JC, then the first day i must go to my posted school. Then after that prepare testimony and O level results, and appeal in my desired JC.

Which means i have to make 2 trips. One trip to my posted school, and the other to my desired JC to appeal.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 21st January 2009, 07:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
skyangel is on a distinguished roadskyangel is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You die die must report to the JC you are posted to. Otherwise, they will cancel your name and give your place to others who are appealing for the school.

skyangel is offline   Add to skyangel's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 09:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tranquil View Post
My english is much worse than yours.......

Btw, you are trying to aim for acs or acjc ?
acjc my 5th choice acsi first. YOU?

grace_enying added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by skyangel View Post
You die die must report to the JC you are posted to. Otherwise, they will cancel your name and give your place to others who are appealing for the school.
ooo

grace_enying added 4 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by facetiousness View Post
So if i cannot make it to a particular JC, then the first day i must go to my posted school. Then after that prepare testimony and O level results, and appeal in my desired JC.

Which means i have to make 2 trips. One trip to my posted school, and the other to my desired JC to appeal.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by grace_enying; 21st January 2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 21st January 2009, 11:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ASCI... Well, they do bother about CCAs (at least what my friend who studied there told moi). No matter how good/bad the school is, they just can't resist to boast and flaunt whatever achievements under their belt, be it academic or CCAs. They call it competitive force for improvement, but yeah right, it's more like, wanting to win for the sake of the reputation and whatnots.

ASCI's rugby is pretty good, if I'm not wrong. And what.... Hockey? -can't remember- Their sports are definitely better than those orchestra activities, lmao.