Asia's most haunted city... - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Miscellaneous Interests > Supernatural Zone » Asia's most haunted city...

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2007, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
newcomer is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Asia's most haunted city...

It is popular belief that graveyards are closely connected with ghost hauntings. Other sites include hospitals, old palaces, abandoned houses, old buildings, factories, schools and hostels. Museums also have anecdotal accounts of ghosts.

Historians disclose that most Malay villagers in the 19th century avoided treatment in the hospitals. Apart from the fear of being confined in a strange institution, the villagers also feared the malignant souls of the dead patients. laters contemporary reseach in Hong Kong reveals that hospitals are common ghost haunted sites.

In Hong Kong most ghost encounters in buildings occupied by the Japanese in World War II. In Malaysia, execution sites were abound with ghost stories. In Singapore, Japanese ghost appear as hairy monsters. The phenomenon in conjunction with the Japanese occupation during the World War II illustrated the belief in ghost emanating from violent death.

Ghost are believed to be attracted to abandoned houses. However, the motive of the haunted house shows a distinct cultural variation in the Malay-Indonesian Archipelago. One theory holds that houses and palaces are always identified with their occupants. An unoccupied residence is considered an abnormality and once abandoned, the house itself became ehauntedii.

Haunted site also include locations where sudden or accidental death occurred. The hantu pelak is a malignant spirit that haunts a place where a crime has beeb committed. The Chinese feared the place where drowning occurred. It is believed that a victim of drowning will remain on this earth as an evil ghost for he is blocked from reincarnation process. The ghost could only be released by drowning someone else to take its place as a substitute.

In Malaysia, outbreaks of hysteria have always occurred at factories, hostels and schools. As the phenomenon is generally associated with young girls, psychologists offer Freudian explanations. On the other hand, traditional healers and shaman identify this phenomena as a spirit possession and counsel spirit appeasement. In Bali, shamanistic healers known as balian are regularly engaged to deal with this phenomenon at schools.

The most haunted Asian city is considered to be Singapore, offering an array of haunted spots to explore. At the Hougang School, strange lights have been seen, which can be located close to the East Coast Beach. An unseen presence has been reported at the Changi Beach Houses. Along the coastal region near Lor Halus, there are ghosts that have been encountered, who will beg for food.

The St. John Island in Singapore has been the site where a ghost calls out for help, disappearing shortly after. An apparition of a screaming woman has been documented haunting the Hou Gang Tenements. If you ever venture through the MRT mass transit station, you may come in contact with a headless apparition that often torments passengers. The Fort Sentosa district is known for a family that committed suicide together and now haunts people at the Punggol White House.

In Hong Kong, there is a highway that has gained a reputation as being haunted. The Tuen Mun Road is known for a high death toll that is attributed to ghosts who wander about the area. They pop up out of nowhere, causing numerous accidents. Many have lost their life on this expressway. Beijing�s Buma Inn, found in China, is haunted by a ghost, who lost his life because a chef poisoned his food. The chef then stabbed himself to death after the incident. It is said that the diner still roams about in search for the chef who killed him.

Another haunted location within China is in Chengde, where you will find Yun Shan Fan Dian, which is a hotel that is said to be haunted by a man dressed in western clothes. The ghost of a woman wearing an empress outfit from ancient times accompanies him. They can be found wandering about the end of the corridor on the 8th story. They can be spotted looking down the balcony.

When you reach Seoul, Korea, you may want to stop by the University of Seoul. Here, you will find tales regarding what can be encountered within some of the older dorms. It is said that there are numerous souls belonging to the living dead, as well as several poltergeists. It is believed that depending on whom you are in contact with, you could either be helped or bothered by these souls. Some dorms are filled with a sweet smell while others feature an unnerving scent.

In Malaysia, there is the Tambun Inn located in Ipoh, which has documentation regarding lights turning on and off within the inn, as well as the odd sound of whispers. In the area, there is also a ghost of an old woman that can be seen on the side of the road while driving. Sometimes the door at the Kellies Castle in Perak opens on its own, where inside plenty of frightening screams can be heard.

Other haunted locations include: University of Pancasila, as well as the Jakarta History Museum in Jakarta; a 2-story house, referred to as Sector W, Defense Housing Society, found in Lahore in Pakistan; the Xinhai Tunnel in Taipei, Taiwan.

Sponsors:
Old 14th May 2007, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
huitingsmile has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Asia's most haunted city...

haha.. interesting har.. haha.. its errie.. LOL

Old 15th May 2007, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
BerylSandydowns is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The most haunted Asian city is considered to be Singapore, offering an array of haunted spots to explore. At the Hougang School, strange lights have been seen, which can be located close to the East Coast Beach. An unseen presence has been reported at the Changi Beach Houses. Along the coastal region near Lor Halus, there are ghosts that have been encountered, who will beg for food.

hmmm....nv heard of this before leh...but after reading abit errie ..:freakedout:

Old 21st May 2007, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
SG-Beaver is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

newcomer - thanks for sharing ! :biggrin4: it is both informative and errie. I have heard of Kellies Castle in Perak but yet to go and check it out.

http://sgbeaver.blogspot.com
SG-Beaver is offline   Add to SG-Beaver's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
boonster is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

long grandmother stories... lol.. but nice info... read until i almost 4 asleep.. hahaz.. good sharing

boonster is offline   Add to boonster's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 04:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
davefantasy is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nicely done. but wan to slp

davefantasy is offline   Add to davefantasy's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
genzo2106 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

very informative thread indeed..thks for sharing

My articles at HELIUM:mellow3:
http://www.helium.com/tm/423026/abov...c-answer-would
http://www.helium.com/tm/261475/thou...e-their-rights
http://www.helium.com/tm/268036/adva...ing-tantamount
genzo2106 is offline   Add to genzo2106's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 08:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
ladydeath is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear all,
recently i was checking out youtube and found a hongkong talk show on supernature topic, it have many series. check it out..you can seach under guaitan.
enjoy.

ladydeath is offline   Add to ladydeath's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 01:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
deathscythe is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

very informative thread indeed..thks for sharing

deathscythe is offline   Add to deathscythe's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 02:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
StormxX is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good sharing info!! But scary..

StormxX is offline   Add to StormxX's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
RedParis is on a distinguished road

I tot Japan oso alot such incidents? Not stated wor...

Old 18th October 2007, 11:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
n8rm5n is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i remember 3years ago, i was working at Cheers near Chinese Garden MRT but now its closed dwn.
one fine evening, after purchasing my dinner, i went up to a small office and fill my stomach, on 2nd storey, it's so quiet tat you can hear even a coin drops. What happen was while eating my chicken rice halfway, a fan besides me starts turning, the Main Switch is NOT on.
LOL, i dun noe y i juz freaking calmly finish my food, and ran dwn.
All my colleague said there's things ard, they noe n freaking nv tell me.
Think back, i juz so cool to continue eating, ignore and nv look ard.
:cry3:

n8rm5n is offline   Add to n8rm5n's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2007, 08:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Luckydevall88

Yes from the posts i've read, Singapore appears to be a place full of many wandering spirits. Not only in Singapore but in Malaysia as well. My mother told me in the 60's/70's in Johor, there were many people who drowned and died from floods near riverbank. She said passer-by's along one stretch of riverbank usually see peope or "ghost" crying there.. very sad.

Add to Luckydevall88's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2007, 04:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
New SGClubber
KMT78 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I heard that penang has a 100yr old abandon hse.. It is very haunted.. Saw it in a Hong kong variety program yesterday... quite spooky.. Anyone heard of this hse?

KMT78 is offline   Add to KMT78's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2007, 05:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
icyOrange has a spectacular aura about

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

what an article..scary..

Love means nothing when its comes out from your mouth..

But it means everything when its comes from the heart..

Dont fall in love..
Walk thru it..

~A simple guy with a complicated life~
^_^ icyOrange ^_^

icyOrange is offline   Add to icyOrange's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2007, 05:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
rudeboyfiz is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thnx for the info...

rudeboyfiz is offline   Add to rudeboyfiz's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 10:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
StormxX is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Y must it be in Singapore...

StormxX is offline   Add to StormxX's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 11:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
remy79 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

told me by a malaysian friend. when i told him i wanted to drive up to KL.
so far 2 riders and a driver confirmed the story about this KL highway too.
if any more driver or riders here have heard of this pls share ur version of the story here too.

A white Volkswagen Beetle(Old Type) haunts a particular highway to most drivers or riders
takes up to KL.
It will appear when drivers happen to stop by that roadside for short break, smoke or leak?
The white beetle will slowly jerk ur car from the back, once ur in ur driver's seat.
If u turn back, u can see a pair of headlights beaming high & low at you.
When u move off, the beetle follows you and keeps horning at you, revving it's engine asking for a race.

My friend says you either speed off and dun look back, or you drive at ur pace and dun look at the car.
Cause his cousin driving a BMW race with the beetle but kept slowing down for the beetle to catch up
then speed away again. Like playing & insulting the beetle's capabilities.
Suddenly the beetle caught up beside him. his cousin turn and saw that the driver seat was empty.
Immediately the beetle drove into his front and stopped.
Causing his cousin to jam brake and turn his steering wheel. thus end up hitting a tree on passenger
side. His cousin was hospitalise for 2 wks. No permanent injures, but he no longer drives up to KL anymore. The Police after taking down his statement kept quiet and left. didn't made comments of how
ridiculous story is. So they guess it's not the 1st accident regarding the beelte.

After that, (we were at Gelang Patah coffee shop, about 6,7pm when my friend told me this white beetle) a middle age man turned from another table turn and says the white beelte is real. 2 of his friends meet it, but was lucky to out run it.
On the spot, i decide to cancel my KL trip. Now looking at Malacca instead. Shorter distance. LOL

remy79 is offline   Add to remy79's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 08:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Hirakawa is on a distinguished road

The only way for beetle to catch up BMW is changing the engine to Porsche engine.

If anybody looking for expert in VW, you can PM me.

Hirakawa is offline   Add to Hirakawa's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 06:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
New SGClubber
guppabubba is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow... white Volkswagen Beetle eh?..

nice info at the start...too many words.. lolss...if got pics would have been better...anyway thanks for telling

guppabubba is offline   Add to guppabubba's Reputation Reply With Quote