ASTON VILLA OWNER RANDY LERNER SAYS LIVERPOOL CAN'T HAVE MARTIN O誰EILL - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Sports Forum > Soccer Forums > Liverpool Fan Club » ASTON VILLA OWNER RANDY LERNER SAYS LIVERPOOL CAN'T HAVE MARTIN O誰EILL

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2010, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber
tcd is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ASTON VILLA OWNER RANDY LERNER SAYS LIVERPOOL CAN'T HAVE MARTIN O誰EILL

ASTON Villa owner Randy Lerner says that Liverpool have no chance of getting their hands on Martin O誰eill.

The Villa boss is one of the names in the frame to replace Rafa Benitez if, as expected, the Kop boss leaves for Juventus this summer.

But American billionaire Lerner, who claims O誰eill has verbally agreed to remain at Villa, reckons the Merseysiders are wasting their time.

For, while he understands a club of Liverpool痴 stature targeting O誰eill, Lerner (below) will not let him go without a major scrap.

And in a blunt message to the Anfield hierarchy to look elsewhere for Benitez痴 successor, he last night ruled O誰eill out of the running for the Kop job.

He said: 的 don稚 want a manager who nobody else wants. But, as far as I知 concerned, Liverpool are not taking Martin O誰eill away from Aston Villa.

That statement appears to end months of speculation suggesting O誰eill was ready to pack his bags and move to a bigger club.

But Lerner accepts it is part and parcel of having one of the game痴 most-respected coaches in charge at Villa.
Throughout his time in management O誰eill has been something of a maverick and is known for his independent streak.

Lerner loves those traits, and said: 的f you look at the top managers, you realise you are dealing with animated, complicated people.

展ith Martin you致e got a lot of personality, a lot of points of view, a lot of history and a lot of stuff going on. I realise that痴 who my manager is.

鄭nd I don稚 want anything different than what I have here now.

If Lerner has persuaded O誰eill to stick, rather than twist, it is a remarkable achievement.

He concedes his pockets are not deep enough to compete with the other big-spending sides in the Premier League.
And, even if they were, Lerner reckons going out and blowing 」30million on a player would be a bad move as it could damage morale in the camp.

It may be the last thing the fans needed to hear after Villa fell just short of a top-four spot but Lerner insists he is just being honest.

The NFL tycoon, who owns the Cleveland Browns, added: 的 tell the truth. To anybody who asks me, I will simply say that I cannot afford it.

的t isn稚 that I知 not prepared to write the cheque. But we have tried to build the club in a steady, reasonable way. And 」30m players are not a part of that.

添ou also have to consider what you would pay the player and what the other players would think about it.
的t would just not be at all consistent with anything that we have done since I致e been at the club.

Sponsors:
Add to tcd's Reputation Reply With Quote