Buddha Thus Have I Heard - Official Trailer - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Miscellaneous Interests > Supernatural Zone » Buddha Thus Have I Heard - Official Trailer

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
squiggle will become famous soon enough

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Buddha Thus Have I Heard - Official Trailer

Some questions about Buddha:

1. What if Lord Buddha father were to show him the truth about human cycle during when he was young, will he still choose to become a holy man or a king instead?

2. True, Buddhism is about balance lifestyle, being kind to others and led a happy lifestyle without suffering. But we all know lord Buddha was from royal family, he was born with silver spoon. He should know that, all human suffering comes from money. As long we have money, we likely to be happy. Because we can get what we want, helping others often need money too.
Or he think becoming a mendicant can get free food from others, a simple life, meditate to get enlightenment and able to help others. This also won’t cost much money instead.

3. I think what Lord Buddha did is a smart way, even he were to become a king. Even he were to donate most of his family assets away to the citizens, also unable to help them forever/able to help every single one of them. Rather than get enlightenment to become a Buddha, his teachings will be forever pass on to mankind even he died.

The concept is simple:

-Being a king = you will only be remembered by people on Wikipedia.

-Being a God/Buddha = you will be worship by humans (temples & etc) & your teachings will be pass down forever.

Which one is more profitable?

Sponsors:
Old 5th June 2011, 07:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
squiggle will become famous soon enough

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Re: Buddha Thus Have I Heard - Official Trailer

Some thoughts about becoming Buddha/Gaining enlightenment:

I guess for someone who want to gain enlightenment, this require some level of intelligence. Do you think a low educated people can gain enlightenment? Who can’t speak & write well? Like toilet cleaners & etc for an example.
In the first place, our lord Buddha was a prince.

Obviously his father will give him the best treatment that anyone could have. Best teacher, food & etc. Of course he will become an elite & getting things done faster than anyone.

But then again, as long you are kind. You can win others, even you without much money or qualification.

Even our 玄 天 上 帝 used to butcher, but how smart can a butcher be? But yet in the end, he managed to become a god. Now people have to pray respect & worship him. See how we can change our lives; even we are not smart as Albert Einstein or who.

Then again, it is hard for anyone who wants to be a monk or great holy person. Currently this world is about technology, money, sex & etc. Who will want to shave & go be monk to end all this life luxuries?

Even you want to be kind in this world, not always people will return the same to you. Or being kind will have good ending. This is where very hard, unless you can make everybody become a kind person. This is where the goal of Buddha wants to see.

Last edited by squiggle; 5th June 2011 at 08:24 AM.
squiggle is offline   Add to squiggle's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Account Suspended
muffin will become famous soon enough

Liked 21 Times in 20 Posts

Nice video, thank for sharing

muffin is offline   Add to muffin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 04:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pushémon
Aiyilin is a splendid one to beholdAiyilin is a splendid one to beholdAiyilin is a splendid one to beholdAiyilin is a splendid one to beholdAiyilin is a splendid one to beholdAiyilin is a splendid one to behold

Liked 349 Times in 281 Posts

First you're questioning about Buddha's path, then you're answering your questions by yourself in the next post. For a moment I thought it was 2 different people.

For me, the utmost importance in life is to live the way we want (not harming anything in the process of doing so of course), as compared to attaining enlightenment.

Aiyilin is offline   Add to Aiyilin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
LycosaEx is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's no point in being remembered by people, does it even matter at all ? Humans are insignificant, being remembered by them is pointless.

‘... the spread of secondary and latterly tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well-developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.’
- Peter Medawar

Justice always remains quiet about insidious effects.
LycosaEx is offline   Add to LycosaEx's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 06:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Kimchi78 is a jewel in the roughKimchi78 is a jewel in the rough

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts

The Sixth Gen of Zen master was a barbarian who couldn't speak or write but he has wisdom. Respect the wise, respect yourself. Attempts to smear them only display disgrace to the picture of the ID.

Old 29th June 2011, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
General_Zhaoyun is just really niceGeneral_Zhaoyun is just really niceGeneral_Zhaoyun is just really nice

Liked 43 Times in 34 Posts

Originally Posted by squiggle View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dshJD6HFUp4

Some questions about Buddha:

1. What if Lord Buddha father were to show him the truth about human cycle during when he was young, will he still choose to become a holy man or a king instead?
According to story of Buddhism, Gautama was residing in Tushita heaven (residence of divine beings or devas) before being reborn into the royal family in India. His father was told by the Brahmans that his son would one day either become a great ruler or a spiritual leader. As king himself, his father wants his son to become a great ruler and thus do all sorts of things to prevent him from seeing the sufferings on earth. Gautam grew up in a residence of luxury, wealth and pleasure. But one day, while walking outside, he stumbled across a sick man. His compassion led him to question what causes suffering. On another day, he see a blind man. His compassion led him to further question. He later on decide to leave the palace and went on a spiritual path. He practised ascetism, torturing himself, having such hunger, but found that constant pain would never relieve sufferings. Instead, he later decide to practise Middle path (a more moderate approach) and later gain enlightenment.

2. True, Buddhism is about balance lifestyle, being kind to others and led a happy lifestyle without suffering. But we all know lord Buddha was from royal family, he was born with silver spoon. He should know that, all human suffering comes from money. As long we have money, we likely to be happy. Because we can get what we want, helping others often need money too.
Money surely can help others. But it can also do harm. Too much money breeds greed. See how the world's dirty crimes such as sex slavery, money laundering, stealing are all connected with money. Having money doesn't mean problems are solved. Suffering still exists and it does not trace the root to the question of why suffering exists.

Through the Buddha's enlightenment, he has come to a realization that the roots of evil such as greed, hatred, ignorance are what caused sufferings. Greed, hatred, ignorance results in a constant craving and desire. Desire leads to self-attachment. Self-attachment blinds people from seeing the truth and caused people to have wrong views towards life.

Because people committed goods and evils, the law of karma led all sentient beings to be constantly going through the life cycle of rebirth (6 realms of existence). To end sufferings, the Buddha has realized that one needs to be liberated from all forms of cravings and desire, and to break oneself from being reborn again. This is known as entering into nirvana or enlightenment.

Or he think becoming a mendicant can get free food from others, a simple life, meditate to get enlightenment and able to help others. This also won’t cost much money instead.
In Buddhism teaching, what causes one's poverty is stealing (taking more than giving, according to karma and reaction). A person's wealth is a result of one's generosity (giving more than one takes). However, if a person who is wealthy and becomes miserly or even greedy (refuse to give, to take more and unwilling to let go his wealth), he might degenerate into poverty again. Buddhism advocated Middle path (i.e. not going to extremism). Too much wealth causes a person to neglect his spiritual practice.

3. I think what Lord Buddha did is a smart way, even he were to become a king. Even he were to donate most of his family assets away to the citizens, also unable to help them forever/able to help every single one of them. Rather than get enlightenment to become a Buddha, his teachings will be forever pass on to mankind even he died.

The concept is simple:

-Being a king = you will only be remembered by people on Wikipedia.

-Being a God/Buddha = you will be worship by humans (temples & etc) & your teachings will be pass down forever.

Which one is more profitable?
The Wisdom and his ethical teaching is what benefits mankind. No much money can be used to buy his wisdom. We cannot measure all things in terms of monetary term. Money cannot buy happiness. Money cannot not buy not dieing.. you still need to die anyway. Can you bring all your wealth with you when you die?

I guess for someone who want to gain enlightenment, this require some level of intelligence. Do you think a low educated people can gain enlightenment? Who can’t speak & write well? Like toilet cleaners & etc for an example.
Buddha's students come from all field of society includes the uneducated, rich merchants, kings, blind people, prostitute, poor people etc.

Low educated people can also gain enlightenment provided they listen and practise the teaching of Buddha. Pureland Buddhism is probably the easiest way for layman Buddhist to gain enlighenment. The Amitabha Buddha had vowed that upon his enlightenment, he would create a Pureland (western paradise or Buddha land) where all buddhist can be reborn into, where they will not feel any sense of sufferings, and he had vowed that anyone who want his name would be reborn into this Pureland. In short, anyone being reborn into the Pureland will become Buddha or even Bodhisattva. The way to practise Pureland Buddhism is to constantly chant Namo Amitabha Buddha (Namo Amitoufo 南無阿彌陀佛). By constantly chanting Namo Amitifou, a person's mind becomes more like that of Buddha.

Obviously his father will give him the best treatment that anyone could have. Best teacher, food & etc. Of course he will become an elite & getting things done faster than anyone.

But then again, as long you are kind. You can win others, even you without much money or qualification.

Even our 玄 天 上 帝 used to butcher, but how smart can a butcher be? But yet in the end, he managed to become a god. Now people have to pray respect & worship him. See how we can change our lives; even we are not smart as Albert Einstein or who.

Then again, it is hard for anyone who wants to be a monk or great holy person. Currently this world is about technology, money, sex & etc. Who will want to shave & go be monk to end all this life luxuries?

Even you want to be kind in this world, not always people will return the same to you. Or being kind will have good ending. This is where very hard, unless you can make everybody become a kind person. This is where the goal of Buddha wants to see.
You see...this is the worldly self-attachment view that most people has. Since most people are unable to let go of their material wants, desire, they are constantly being reborn in the samsara. Compassion is the one that makes people go into Buddhism, because Buddhist wants to learn the moral qualities of the Buddha not only to help oneself but also to help other people relieve of their sufferings.

Not sure if you're a Buddhist, but if you're Taoist, most people make prayers to deities (Note that I also know something about Taoism, because I've visited some Taoist temples before and my Grandma and some relatives are Taoist)

Buddhist have slightly different views. Since Buddhist does not place the 'self' as more important than others. Since Buddhist do not have 'self', we are able to reach out our compassion to others, and to practise helping people to be relieved from their sufferings. Since Buddhist gained much spiritual happiness from this, it becomes our role to help others. To help others requires wisdom, which we learn from the Dharma.

Last edited by General_Zhaoyun; 29th June 2011 at 11:40 PM.
General_Zhaoyun is offline   Add to General_Zhaoyun's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 10:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
FAJ
Addicted SGClubber
FAJ is on a distinguished road

You posts are so wrong view that it force me to respond to it.

1. Buddha didn't teach happyness and a good life, but the way to break the circle of birth and rebirth which is in fact a jail.
2. Your first post shows clearly that you are confused and blind to the truth about Buddhas teaching.
3. The problem is NOT the money, but the weakness of human beings to be affected to it, and those affection is the source of spiritual shrinking, like greed, hatred, being afraid, war and so on...
4. When you write about the necessitiy of intelligence - you are wrong again.
The great teachers never were to pair up with the "intelligence" but more with the humble
5. When you admire Buddha as a king, so understand that he dispised it and so did Jesu, but they made him a king.

faj

Last edited by FAJ; 17th July 2011 at 10:56 PM.
FAJ is offline   Add to FAJ's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 01:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
MayumiYoshiyuki will become famous soon enough

honestly your teachings are wrong-> i have never heard of this sort of teaching in buddhism that by simply having some sort of intelligence<or being born in rich affluent family>= you will become a god no matter what bad things you do

i dont know about taoism, but i know buddhism is based on karma

maybe you should read this-> http://web.singnet.com.sg/~elyagaz/K...0Sutra.htm#jp4

if u are buddhist you should know this ->
"Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades those who kill any creature not to kill, otherwise they will die young. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades those who steal things or rob people not to steal or rob, otherwise they will be poor and receive a hard lot. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades those licentious people to give up lustful behavior, otherwise they will be born as birds in future lives. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades those people who have abusive tongues not to speak bad language, otherwise their own relatives will fight with one another. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades those who are fond of slandering others not to libel anyone, otherwise in their future lives they will become mutes or their mouths will ulcerate.

"Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people with hateful hearts not to hate or be angry with anybody, otherwise in their future lives they will be ugly and crippled. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades mean people to be generous, otherwise their wishes will be never fulfilled. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades those people who drink and eat without limitation to control themselves, otherwise they will suffer pain from hunger and thirst and throat diseases. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades those who go hunting willfully to stop hunting, otherwise they will die in terror. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades those who are mean to their own parents to show filial piety or devotion to them, otherwise they will die in natural disasters.

"Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades those who set fires on mountains, forest or woods never to do that again, otherwise they will die in insanity and confusion. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades step-parents not to torture their step-children, otherwise in their future lives they will be lashed. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people not to catch fish and birds, otherwise they will lose their own children. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people not to slander the Three Treasures, otherwise they will become deaf, blind or mute in their future lives. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people not to disrespect the Dharma, otherwise they will fall into evil levels forever.

"Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people not to destroy anything in the temple, otherwise they will transmigrate among the hells for an endless time. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people not to insult or falsely accuse monks or nuns, otherwise they will be animals forever in their future lives. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people not to hurt living beings with boiling water, fire or sharp knives, otherwise they will suffer the same pain as they did to others. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades monks or nuns not to break the Sangha's rules, otherwise in their future lives they will be animals and they will suffer hungry retributions. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people not to ruin objects without any reason or use anything which does not belong to them without permission, otherwise they will never obtain what they want.

"Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people not to be proud, otherwise they will be born in low positions and be enslaved by others. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people not to stir up or incite trouble between people, otherwise they will have no tongue or hundreds of tongues as their retribution. Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha persuades people not to argue irrationally or disobey the right way, otherwise they will be born in a barbarous frontier.

"The retributions that I have described in general are what those beings of the worlds cause by their own behavior, language and consciousness. Because of their different karmas, Bodhisattva Kishitigarbha uses many kinds of convenient ways to help and cultivate them. After those beings have finished such retributions, they still will fall into hell and there will be no way out for aeons. Therefore, you should protect these living beings and their lands. Do not allow those beings who are confused by their own karma to create more karma. "

MayumiYoshiyuki is offline   Add to MayumiYoshiyuki's Reputation Reply With Quote