4 - 6 servings
100g bacon, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
1 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 pack mushroom, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
1 medium onion, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
1/2 carrot, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
1/2 broccoli, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
1/2 tablespoon herb salt
Pinch of pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil
150 ml milk
150 ml whipping cream
120 g Mozzarella cheese
4 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tbsp nutmeg
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
2-3 branches of Rosemary leaves
1. Spread a baking dish with oven sheet and preheat the oven to 180 deg.C.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, bacon, mushrooms, potatoes, onions, carrot, broccoli with herbsalt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until tender. (Note: Potatoes have to be boiled first, you can prepare it using the microwave for a faster solution)
3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, whipping cream, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, herbsalt and pepper.
4. Add the cooked vegetables and bacon mixture to the bowl. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake until the top is golden brown (~30-40 minutes). Bake for 30 minutes first, if the top is too burnt, cover it with an aluminum foil before baking for a further 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the top with parsley and rosemary and you're ready to serve this healthy and delicious quiche! Enjoy!
I personally don't like vegetables but the quiche is so nice that I polished every bit of it. A delicious and healthier meal
Disclaimer: This recipe was not created by me, it was shared by a Japanese friend who painstakingly translated this recipe to English language by referring to cookbooks.