Complaint on Power Sense Enterprise - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > SGClub Cafe » Complaint on Power Sense Enterprise

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2009, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
breakurhead has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Complaint on Power Sense Enterprise

Be careful of one renovation company named Power Sense Enterprise with a website www.powersense.com.sg

One representative from that company is going around hdb blocks posing as an HDB officer and then under the guise of an HDB officer invited himself into my home.
He then hardsell/coerced my mum into signing a agreement on renovating some pipes and toilet fittings with a total cost of $2000 and my mum paid a deposit of $600. As my mum know little english she signed the agreement through the hard selling tactics.

Is it possible to seek redress through CASE or Small Claims Tribunal?

Sponsors:
Add to breakurhead's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
workingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to all

Liked 174 Times in 130 Posts
Re: Complaint on Power Sense Enterprise

i believe there was an article about such incidents in HDB area. however the frauder could be using the name of the company as a cover up, the company being totally unaware and innocent in this situation.

workingtoohard added 7 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

found: http://www.sgclub.com/singapore/60_r...ed_127491.html

different "prodcut" but the method of scamming is the same.. anyway. seek police for help.

Last edited by workingtoohard; 4th March 2009 at 10:32 PM.
workingtoohard is offline   Add to workingtoohard's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
tealeaf80 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TS.. did ur mama request to see the frauder's pass as he claimed to be a officer frm HDB??

Old 5th May 2009, 02:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
New SGClubber
michellesohl is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Power Sense Enterprise??? This company had just completed our toilet renovation work last week.

Forgive me that I am shock to see this complaint about them since they had a job well done for us. In fact, my mum has strongly recommended their services to her brother (my uncle) who is staying opposite our place in Ang Mo Kio.

Truth is, we were all impressed from the time we communicated with the honest and tactful salespersons during their approach and even more impressed when it was a job well done. I simply cannot help but to say, It's Thumbs Up for them!

When it comes to renovation works, my mum and uncle have bad experiences before. Thus, they are very cautious in selecting a renovation company. Again, forgive me that i cannot help but the urge to share with all of you here...... The works for my uncle's unit has also been successfully completed today (4th May 2009) and we are all happy about their services.

Their after-sales-service is also worth mentioning..... Thumbs Up!

THUMBS UP FOR YOU GUYS AND HOPE THIS MESSAGE WOULD MAKE YOUR DAY ! HAPPY WORKING

michellesohl is offline   Add to michellesohl's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
BaByAsHeZ is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To wat u mention i believe u have not even see the contract , than maybe the contract is posing as a diff company name which is reg and doing real business ? than u go case also no use as he will say he nv claim to be a HDB officer etc etc .

He just using the HDB officer name as a more stable name to get his thing started but under hand he is representing another company which is reputable and registered , but normally ppl hear HDB ppl they suggest this to renovate etc etc they sure will go for it as they scare later kana Fine for etc etc . So i assume if u can get evidence of him posing as a fake HDB personal than u go case , if not no use too .

Imagine u go court

The guy say no i nv say i HDB i got tell ur mum i from this bla bla company ( which legal in making renovation ) than he say " judge pls see the contract inside nv say is HDB blla bla bla .... Than u all sure lose

Try to find any way to make him pose as HDB officer or any other evidence he claim as HDB officer than u can win the case more easily .

If not , hopefully he renovate those thing your mum sign for properly and hope he do a good job lo ....

Last edited by BaByAsHeZ; 5th May 2009 at 09:57 AM.
BaByAsHeZ is offline   Add to BaByAsHeZ's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
joann.sienna is a jewel in the roughjoann.sienna is a jewel in the rough

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

One complaint, One compliment.

Old 5th May 2009, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
vios21 is just really nicevios21 is just really nice

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Yes you can bring it up to CASE.

You can either be their member for 1yr and enjoy cheaper rates as each "complaint" must pay or just lodge a one time thing.

Total value below $10,000, CASE can represent you. But do take note they only meditate.

If bring to judicial court, lawyers on your own.

vios21 is offline   Add to vios21's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 01:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Emosan
Emolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to behold

Liked 154 Times in 109 Posts

Originally Posted by michellesohl View Post
Power Sense Enterprise??? This company had just completed our toilet renovation work last week.

Forgive me that I am shock to see this complaint about them since they had a job well done for us. In fact, my mum has strongly recommended their services to her brother (my uncle) who is staying opposite our place in Ang Mo Kio.

Truth is, we were all impressed from the time we communicated with the honest and tactful salespersons during their approach and even more impressed when it was a job well done. I simply cannot help but to say, It's Thumbs Up for them!

When it comes to renovation works, my mum and uncle have bad experiences before. Thus, they are very cautious in selecting a renovation company. Again, forgive me that i cannot help but the urge to share with all of you here...... The works for my uncle's unit has also been successfully completed today (4th May 2009) and we are all happy about their services.

Their after-sales-service is also worth mentioning..... Thumbs Up!

THUMBS UP FOR YOU GUYS AND HOPE THIS MESSAGE WOULD MAKE YOUR DAY ! HAPPY WORKING
Different salesperson different way of doing their business, you were lucky you met the nice one

Last edited by Emolisher; 5th May 2009 at 01:30 PM.
Emolisher is offline   Add to Emolisher's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
kristylam has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i guess u just met a lousy salesman..
im new to this trait so i cant advice much
but next time want to do renovation find me, i can help then ^^

Last edited by kristylam; 5th May 2009 at 01:38 PM.
kristylam is offline   Add to kristylam's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 03:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
New SGClubber
singmyway is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do not touch this contractor. My mom in law just got cheated a few k.
Their workmanship is also very bad. They fix a new sink which after 2 mth start leaking...and guess what , they design it so narrow below that you can't replace it unless you hack the whole concrete below. We engage them to do sink and kitchen cabin. We are now still looking for the kitchen cabin sub con they referred.

Power sense enterprise.
I just search the net and realise that they are alot of complain already on this contractor since 2007. And I can see from the reply that they are in the web countering/defending themselve by posting as forumer.

What happen is this contractor actually is a sales company rather than really a contractor. They have a lot of sales staff which can talk thr the roof. They are still recruiting sales staff, you can search the web. My mom signed with them to make kitchen cabin before I know it. I checked with my own house quote and realise that they overcharge almost 100%. but since my mom already paid the deposit we just let them continue. I was surprise to see at one point, 3-4 sales staff came to talk to my mom! they must be earning alot of commission!
Then they will refer their sub con the person who really do the job...then u must settle with this party paying him another deposit. by then we already paid for more than 50% deposit and nothing is done except the sink which by now is leaking.
To cut the story short, the sub con keep delaying the renovation till its almost a yr and nothing is done. Now his line is off. We went to the factory and its close down. And this sales contractor doesn't want to take responsiblity. they say its not their fault.
To add on, they even make my mom bought a new $800 oven thr their contacts, and they took the oven back to their factory for measurement. which never came back.

What should I do? can I report to police?
I just checked they not HDB registered contractor

singmyway is offline   Add to singmyway's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 11:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
New SGClubber
ordinaryman is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They strike my block this afternoon (Bukit merah view - tiong bahru)

so i just write email to Bt Merah Town Council:

Dear Officer,

I am a resident in Blk 130 Bukit Merah View, and I'd like to report an incident that need your attention in order to caution other residents and to take action that unscruplous Company "POWER SENSE ENTERPRISE"

This afternoon someone knocking on our housedoor n introduce himself as a contractor from HDB Town Council and asked to check whether there are cracks inside our house and asked us to show him. Though I was a bit sceptical at first but his persuasion and sweet-talk together with his showing "looked-formal" pass, I let him in and show my kitchen wall where there are some cracks and also some ceiling crack.
Furthermore he said he conducted survey on behalf of Town Council regarding wall condition in our block ---PLEASE Clarify whether is it true.

After analysing the wall, he mentioned how dangerous it is (using fear tactic), next he showed us from his very thick file lots of photos of "Other units" with the same problem and also some survey that 70% of this block also face the same ceiling problem and 25% face this wall crack problem - that makes me think that this is a common problem in this block (initially i thought this estate has one of the best maintenance)

He quoted $850 to repair the crack and mentioned that HDB will subsidize 30% so I only need to pay 70% ($595) and when I showed some reluctance, he lowered down to $500 together with some complimentary minor jobs like repainting my toilet ceiling, etc.
I agreed to it and he asked for my NRIC (for registration and submission of the subsidy application purpose he said) and after writing the invoice, he even showed his own NRIC for me to verify.
next he asked for $200 deposit and the rest upon completion. and said the work can start tomorrow since there are A LOT of other units in my block has signed on their service. (Means many victims has been duped by him without realizing)
He even promised that there will be 10yrs warranty - implying this warranty is from Town Council, but later on upon probing, he mentioned the warranty is from his company

when I entered my bedroom to take the $200 deposit, I took the time to check internet and google "power sense enterprise" because 3 things that arouse my suspicion:
1. he is wearing a normal polo shirt n his pass doesn't mention any "HDB or Town Council" but "power sense enterprise - Mr Tan"
2. his invoice also from power sense enterprise and not stated "HDB approved contractor" like he did mentioned earlier.
3. legitimate HDB contractor normally don't ask for deposit upfront and really insist to be paid upfront before completing any work.
my google search result woke me up, as there are many many complaints against this unethical hard selling salespeople from this company showed up.
http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=po...ient=firefox-a

So I mentioned that I don't wish to pay deposit and want to think about it further and promised to give answer to him tomorrow since he will be doing work tomorrow on other units. He kept giving excuse that he has to submit application by today 7pm and tomorrow is too late, with "take it or leave it" attitude.
I insist on my consumer right to think it through, he tried to buy me over with lower deposit of $100, but when i insisted i don't want to pay deposit, his kind and helpful attitude turn out to nasty and provoking attitude.
He rip off the invoice on my face to show his displeasure and walk out. and in a minute he came back to ask back his namecard, which i regretted i returned it back to him, leaving me with no evidence at all.
I am sure many residents in my block, which are majority elderly who were conned by this company, thinking that they are HDB Town Council officer.

I have one request and one question:

1 request: Please have a warning notice in front of lift lobby in our block n other surrounding blocks to deter the unethical agent and to educate my fellow residents to be cautious against those fake HDB officers.
I attached a sample that HDB ever done in 2009 for other part of tiong bahru estate.

1 question: It seems that since 2009 til now, they can still do this scam fraud tactic to dupe naive residents, Has HDB taken any action against the company??

ordinaryman is offline   Add to ordinaryman's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 05:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

I believe you guys should have reported this to the authorities

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote