Complete discouragement:( - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Love & Relationships > Family Matters » Complete discouragement:(

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2011, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
agony10 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Complete discouragement:(

Ok so the problem lies in my dad who is a very indignant man and a dogmatic person. that's great.....
this is how it goes....
I simply LOVE drawing and of course I'm very proud of my talent to draw. Well, they obviously don't think so. My dad even shouted at me and said," OH, YOU THINK YOUR DRAWINGS ARE SO GOOD? GET REAL!!!i CAN DRAW TEN TIMES BETTER THAN YOU WHEN I WAS IN PRIMARY 4. YOU ASK YOUR BROTHER! HIS FRIEND CAN ALSO DRAW BETTER THAN YOU. YOU THINK THIS IS TALENT?! BULLSHIT!!" harsh words.....:'(

There was this other time when I did something wrong......just a slight mistake....and wow he saw the situation and without hesitation, he told my mother what happened.....too childish to comprehend.-.- Seriously, parents do not actually DISCUSS about how bad their child is.Even if so they would obviously find ways to help and guide them to the right path. Mine simply took the time to actually talk about the things I've done wrong today and "say, we should beat her so that she will understand" (I can hear everything from inside my room-.-) wow like that works
children don't just come out bad and is naturally bad. It always comes down to how the parents teach and nurture them. so we're like blank pieces of paper and parents are the hands that draw us into either beautiful pictures or bad ones.

ok yea I feel so much better now *sigh*
well of course there other events whereby they play favouritism and all but I don't bother so yea. enjoy sch days to all j1 people cheers

Sponsors:
Add to agony10's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Liked 219 Times in 184 Posts
Re: Complete discouragement:(

Originally Posted by agony10 View Post
There was this other time when I did something wrong......just a slight mistake....and wow he saw the situation and without hesitation, he told my mother what happened.....too childish to comprehend.-.- Seriously, parents do not actually DISCUSS about how bad their child is.Even if so they would obviously find ways to help and guide them to the right path. Mine simply took the time to actually talk about the things I've done wrong today and "say, we should beat her so that she will understand" (I can hear everything from inside my room-.-) wow like that works
children don't just come out bad and is naturally bad. It always comes down to how the parents teach and nurture them. so we're like blank pieces of paper and parents are the hands that draw us into either beautiful pictures or bad ones.
As a parent myself, I strongly agree with you. I strongly believe encouragement, love and care work much better than cane..

TS, be strong..I feel for you...No matter how hard you feel, always remember there others that going or gone through worst than you..

zainynn is offline   Add to zainynn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
rifin is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it is good for you to speak up... at least there will be people that support you here... parents always wanted the best for their child but their expression can be in wrong method

Old 28th January 2011, 10:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท
Peuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud of

Liked 112 Times in 86 Posts

Originally Posted by zainynn View Post
As a parent myself, I strongly agree with you. I strongly believe encouragement, love and care work much better than cane..

TS, be strong..I feel for you...No matter how hard you feel, always remember there others that going or gone through worst than you..
It depends on what mistake the child made or if it's a repeated mistake.

Small mistake now can be serious in future.

Sometimes sitting down and talking/advising works but sometimes caning is the only option for the child to learn his/her mistake.

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

Old 31st January 2011, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Tayweili will become famous soon enough

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Peuan Sanit View Post
It depends on what mistake the child made or if it's a repeated mistake.

Small mistake now can be serious in future.

Sometimes sitting down and talking/advising works but sometimes caning is the only option for the child to learn his/her mistake.

Spare the rod, spoil the child.
Sometimes, i feel that regulars, or former regulars, always have the mindset "Spare the rod and spoil the child" Attitude.

Only hit, when situation permits, the only right thing a parent to do is to command respect and not instill fear.

However at times, the latter proves more efficiency

Tayweili is offline   Add to Tayweili's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
miffysnowb will become famous soon enough

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

i used to b in d same situation s u... watever i do, my mum definitely has some comments... example: hanging out late = having bad company = joining gangs = fighting - she always has tons of assumptions... dad n mum openly discussed my behaviour, attitude etc... it's like telling my siblings, this child = cannot make it...

s i grew up, i realised, dad n mum cared a lot... mum always has tons of assumptions cos dats how she felt things would be if she didnt stop me / take me in hand... but being young, i was being more n more rebellious cos of her comments & took it into heart dat she plainly didnt like me, jus wanna pull me down... being more rebellious is like telling her dat she has been right in her assumptions & things jus got more n more worst...

it was... only until i actually became a parent myself... dat i started to realise how my mum actually felt & d worried & disappointment she has... n d regret of not communicating with her properly when i was younger...

mayb ur parents do care, but d way they show may not b d way u wan / like... sometimes communication do help...

mayb ur dad put ur art down cos he didnt wan u to become a person filled with proudness, sometimes, diff parents tend to react diff when faced with d same circumstances... i excelled in academic since young, but my mum would always say i m stoopid once every two days...

Old 31st January 2011, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Lance Ank is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Communication is very important in family and between child/parent.

It a important tool to know each other feeling and wants.

If one, don't know or don care of communication each other, there no point sit down and talk, all gone........ BOOM~~WAR, that how my family member is.

But agony10, Just think brighter way, in this world not u alone have family problem.

sometime i very ervy u all, if family problem outbreak, u all actually got room to hide aviod any argument,

but me, i can't................everyday have to face it.

Lance Ank is offline   Add to Lance Ank's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 09:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
iHadyu will become famous soon enough

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

You should speak up, and let them know.
But looking at how your dad is now, I find that very hard.

They didn't have a pen for my signature.
iHadyu is offline   Add to iHadyu's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
orange_wasabi has a spectacular aura about

Liked 29 Times in 26 Posts

Use it as motivation to draw even better!

orange_wasabi is offline   Add to orange_wasabi's Reputation Reply With Quote