Diet programme - Is it healthy? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Health & Fitness > Weight Issues » Diet programme - Is it healthy?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
New SGClubber
xinjiapor is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Diet programme - Is it healthy?

Standing at 1.68-9m, I'm a male whom isn't that tall.

I'm currently studying in poly; thus, my lifestyle's quite sedentary. I don't really do much sports, maybe once in awhile, when I enjoy a game of football with my mates.

I'm around 59.2 - 59.5kg (fluctuates occasionally) currently; I used to be 63.5kg probably 3 weeks back. My plan's to hit 53.5kg. It still falls under the 'healthy' margin; I checked up with the height-weight chart, and it is supposedly my 'ideal weight'.

Currently my dietary programme is as of follows:

1. A slice of Bread in the morning (Nutella or Kaya) and a cup of fresh hot soya bean milk. (Mr. Bean)
Occasionally, I have something different; maybe a bread from BreadTalk or Swiss Bake. Really subjective.

2. Lunch usually consists of a cup of juice (Apple, Carrot and Beetroot), with an additional slice of papaya, guava or dragon fruit to accompany.

3. Dinner's usually with my family (unless I'm out), and I try to reduce the amount of rice that I consume. Maybe 1 - 1.5 serving of rice (Brown/White grains mixture). I take more vegetables; 2 servings. And for proteins, maybe around a serving.

4. I drink 6-8 glasses of liquid each day. Usually real hot authentic green tea in the day time, and water in the evenings. I only use 1 tea bag a day for each day, so it's actually not so strong by the 4th cup. I read it serves as another good alternative besides water.

When I'm out, I try to refrain from eating much due to the amount of oil and seasoning used. I'll stick to a cup of milo or fruit juice if possible. Occasionally, I dine out; but, I'll try to maintain what I consume.

I need advice on whether this regime is acceptable and healthy! I'll start working out when I hit the ideal weight to tone up the body fats into muscles. But for now, I would like to burn out as much access fat first so I wouldn't be so bulky.

Cheers!

Sponsors:

Last edited by xinjiapor; 23rd September 2011 at 01:04 PM.
Add to xinjiapor's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
one more year to go...
oldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to all

Liked 348 Times in 298 Posts
Re: Diet programme - Is it healthy?

Originally Posted by xinjiapor View Post

I'm currently studying in poly; thus, my lifestyle's quite sedentary. I don't really do much sports, maybe once in awhile, when I enjoy a game of football with my mates.

I'm around 59.2 - 59.5kg (fluctuates occasionally) currently; I used to be 63.5kg probably 3 weeks back. My plan's to hit 53.5kg. It still falls under the 'healthy' margin; I checked up with the height-weight chart, and it is supposedly my 'ideal weight'.

1. A slice of Bread in the morning (Nutella or Kaya) and a cup of fresh hot soya bean milk. (Mr. Bean)
Occasionally, I have something different; maybe a bread from BreadTalk or Swiss Bake. Really subjective.

2. Lunch usually consists of a cup of juice (Apple, Carrot and Beetroot), with an additional slice of papaya, guava or dragon fruit to accompany.

3. Dinner's usually with my family (unless I'm out), and I try to reduce the amount of rice that I consume. Maybe 1 - 1.5 serving of rice (Brown/White grains mixture). I take more vegetables; 2 servings. And for proteins, maybe around a serving.

When I'm out, I try to refrain from eating much due to the amount of oil and seasoning used. I'll stick to a cup of milo or fruit juice if possible. Occasionally, I dine out; but, I'll try to maintain what I consume.

I need advice on whether this regime is acceptable and healthy! I'll start working out when I hit the ideal weight to tone up the body fats into muscles. But for now, I would like to burn out as much access fat first so I wouldn't be so bulky.

Cheers!
at 169 cm with 59kg I believe u are slightly underweight and u want to get lower?
Last time when I was at that weight I was quite skinny already, if u get even lower u will look more like skeleton. Seriously theres not need for u to lose any more weight!

Its best if u build up ur muscles now instead reducing coz weight loss might also mean u lose muscle mass too instead of just fats. Btw u should eat more protein and cut down on carbo , replace most of the carbo with veggies and fruits.

Last edited by oldvirgin; 23rd September 2011 at 01:15 PM.
oldvirgin is offline   Add to oldvirgin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
New SGClubber
xinjiapor is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldvirgin View Post
at 169 cm with 59kg I believe u are slightly underweight and u want to get lower?
Last time when I was at that weight I was quite skinny already, if u get even lower u will look more like skeleton. Seriously theres not need for u to lose any more weight!

Its best if u build up ur muscles now instead reducing coz weight loss might also mean u lose muscle mass too instead of just fats. Btw u should eat more protein and cut down on carbo , replace most of the carbo with veggies and fruits.
I have a lot of body fats due as I was severely obese in my primary school days. Though I might be not overweight, I do feel I have lots of fat. I just can't seem to burn them off, so I thought dieting was a better option. Yes, I take around 2 servings of Carbs each day.

Last edited by xinjiapor; 23rd September 2011 at 03:01 PM.
xinjiapor is offline   Add to xinjiapor's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
one more year to go...
oldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to all

Liked 348 Times in 298 Posts

I have a lot of body fats due as I was severely obese in my primary school days. Though I might be overweight, I do feel I have lots of fat. I just can't seem to burn them off, so I thought dieting was a better option. Yes, I take around 2 servings of Carbs each day.
its best to work out now and slowly lose fats and build up ur muscles, this way u can replace some of the fat loss with muscles. unless u are very active in the day its better to cut down ur carbo(usually rice) intake by half or more and take more protein food together with veggies.Btw u must eat more for lunch instead of dinner coz u dun need so much energy at nighttime.

Old 23rd September 2011, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
fowayne is a jewel in the roughfowayne is a jewel in the rough

Liked 53 Times in 44 Posts

4. I drink 6-8 glasses of liquid each day. Usually real hot authentic green tea in the day time, and water in the evenings. I only use 1 tea bag a day for each day, so it's actually not so strong by the 4th cup. I read it serves as another good alternative besides water.

Cheers!
this is my suggestion.

For breakfast, eat more than u currently eat for breakfast. of coz, avoid those oily or stir-fry stuff, you wouldnt want to take in more 'oil' right? u can take cereal or porridge or double the dosage of your bread so that u can start your day with more energy. the main thing is u should not feel very hungry nor too full during the morning, just nice is enough.

For lunch, i assume majority of the time u be eating at cafeteria or food stalls. so u cant really avoid those MSG that the food stalls put into their food. and your current lunch intake is really too small. u will feel damn hungry after lunch hour, especially during those long draggy lectures. so i suggest to eat food that is less oily, is more towards soup based, no pork/lard that cook together, more veg. avoid stir-fry or deep-fry food again.
but as i mentioned again, you still have to see the food selection at your poly cafeteria or outside hawker stalls which give u lesser options for healthier food.

For dinner, go for lesser food intake. reducing your amount of rich is good but 1-1.5 serving is still abit more than normal especially u dont do much movement/exercising at night. More vegs, more soup-based food still looks good for your dinner.

For snacks or anytime u feel hungry, go for fruits (except for durians). eat in small quantity until u dont feel that hungry.

Main point of diet: it is to exercise!
diet can only control your food intake but the weight in your body is still not lost.
exercising is still important in losing weight or gaining muscles or building better protection against common illness!

since u dont do regular exercise except for playing soccer once in a while, u can try simple exercises like walking, sit-ups, leg raise, jumping jack at your home or during travel. start with shorter distance/amount with more breaks, like 4/5 sets of 20 sit-ups but longer breaks in between. then do these exercise 3 or 4 times a week (still depends on your body if can take it). then slowly increase the amount of sets or decrease lesser breaks.

so i hope it helps u in building a foundation in your weight loss program.
mentality is to never give up !

fowayne is offline   Add to fowayne's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Xtremewei is on a distinguished road

i think ur BF nid 2 change. try taking wholemeal bread and dont eat it with nutella or kaya instead switch it to butter. Butter not margarine. it will b much much healthier n better

Xtremewei is offline   Add to Xtremewei's Reputation Reply With Quote