Don't cut hair at Snip Avenue!!!! - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Fashion & Beauty » Don't cut hair at Snip Avenue!!!!

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2008, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
pink_starz88 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't cut hair at Snip Avenue!!!!

Snip Avenue is a hair salon that has a few branches around Singapore. All their branches are located at HDBs because they are HDB hair salon but it looks quite 'high class' from the outside.

On the outside of the salon, there are a lot of price list stating promotions at insanely cheap prices. Hair cut $4.80 for all length, dye hair $18 (S), $28 (M) $38 (L) and everything else like hair treatments, rebonding and perming all that also very cheap.

And of course, since its so cheap and the place looks high class enough, i decided to go dye hair together with my mum despite reading bad reviews about the service of this salon from other forums. I thought since so cheap, no harm giving it a try ma, not nice then forget it lo.

We went in, settled down and choose the colours we want to dye. My hair is only touching shoulder, i consider it medium length lei, they say is long. ok nvm, $10 diff nia. I wanted to do dye + highlight, so sld be $38 + $38 = $76 only ma. My stylist bring a book show me price list then say so total do package de lo $118, more worth it ma. I got a shock of my life can? how come $118 when outside put $38. Then she say $38 is for dunno wad lao ya brand hair dye, i using l'oreal for you, better quality ma, so will be $58!!!

Wah lao...damn scamming lo they all...zzz...i say don't want, i want the cheap de, then they lyk super bu shuang lidat. I think the hair stylist earn commission de. Then they keep on pushing you to do treatment and all that, like just interested to earn commision nia. My aunt was with us, they ask her to do what scalp treatment cause my aunt got hair fall problem ma. My aunt say ok, then the stylist go take 1 small bottle of dunno wad thing, massage into my aunt hair, leave it there for abt 5 mins nia then done liao! lidat considered treatment meh?!?!?!?! $25 lei!!!

Then hor..the hair dye results like so so only lo. Mine still accecptable la, my mum's one she finds it ugly lei...not much colour also. I think bcos its cheap lo, the ppl dere dun bother to make an effort to do a good job.

So in conclusion, this is just to warn everyone not to be lured in by the prices seen outside the salon. The stylist will always find ways to make you spend more de lo! Their hair cut also cannot make it de, cut and no cut no diff de lo,,,just snip snip abit considered cut liao...zzzz. DUN GO THERE!!! pay abit more go somewhere better!

Sponsors:
Add to pink_starz88's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
MoMo_18 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Don't cut hair at Snip Avenue!!!!

Originally Posted by pink_starz88 View Post
Snip Avenue is a hair salon that has a few branches around Singapore. All their branches are located at HDBs because they are HDB hair salon but it looks quite 'high class' from the outside.

On the outside of the salon, there are a lot of price list stating promotions at insanely cheap prices. Hair cut $4.80 for all length, dye hair $18 (S), $28 (M) $38 (L) and everything else like hair treatments, rebonding and perming all that also very cheap.

And of course, since its so cheap and the place looks high class enough, i decided to go dye hair together with my mum despite reading bad reviews about the service of this salon from other forums. I thought since so cheap, no harm giving it a try ma, not nice then forget it lo.

We went in, settled down and choose the colours we want to dye. My hair is only touching shoulder, i consider it medium length lei, they say is long. ok nvm, $10 diff nia. I wanted to do dye + highlight, so sld be $38 + $38 = $76 only ma. My stylist bring a book show me price list then say so total do package de lo $118, more worth it ma. I got a shock of my life can? how come $118 when outside put $38. Then she say $38 is for dunno wad lao ya brand hair dye, i using l'oreal for you, better quality ma, so will be $58!!!

Wah lao...damn scamming lo they all...zzz...i say don't want, i want the cheap de, then they lyk super bu shuang lidat. I think the hair stylist earn commission de. Then they keep on pushing you to do treatment and all that, like just interested to earn commision nia. My aunt was with us, they ask her to do what scalp treatment cause my aunt got hair fall problem ma. My aunt say ok, then the stylist go take 1 small bottle of dunno wad thing, massage into my aunt hair, leave it there for abt 5 mins nia then done liao! lidat considered treatment meh?!?!?!?! $25 lei!!!

Then hor..the hair dye results like so so only lo. Mine still accecptable la, my mum's one she finds it ugly lei...not much colour also. I think bcos its cheap lo, the ppl dere dun bother to make an effort to do a good job.

So in conclusion, this is just to warn everyone not to be lured in by the prices seen outside the salon. The stylist will always find ways to make you spend more de lo! Their hair cut also cannot make it de, cut and no cut no diff de lo,,,just snip snip abit considered cut liao...zzzz. DUN GO THERE!!! pay abit more go somewhere better!
Aww ! Is not CHEAP at all ! What a scam ! I rather you go The Red or Jean Yip .

Current Obsession : ♥ 2NE1 , KARA , T-ARA
MoMo_18 is offline   Add to MoMo_18's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
New SGClubber
howl_calcifer is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ewww.. i hate them... they screwed up my hair last time....

howl_calcifer is offline   Add to howl_calcifer's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
claraguigui has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i go kimage better =X

Cowen ❤
claraguigui is offline   Add to claraguigui's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya...from outside they put lidat...seems like cheap and considred a good deal ma. Their branch at bendemeer is always packed lo. Probably all lured in by the cheap prices. Scam de lo, when want to use brands like l'oreal or shiseido they charge more. Then keep on pushing you to buy products and spend more money de lei.

pink_starz88 is offline   Add to pink_starz88's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
MoMo_18 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Must report them to CASE !

Current Obsession : ♥ 2NE1 , KARA , T-ARA
MoMo_18 is offline   Add to MoMo_18's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
1mmorta1 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

lesson learnt: trust public forum feedbacks :p

Old 9th October 2008, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmm..there are some good reviews about this salon also. So i guess is like lucky draw lo...if heng u get someone good the results will be not bad (cannot be nice de, they are unprofessional and cnt make it!!!) if suay u get someone bad, they screw up ur hair then end of story liao.

serangoon 62899519
city plaza 67454833
yishun 68533348
hougang 62808025
bedok north 64455383
tampines 67810390
bedok reservoir 62423602

and they an outlet in bendemeer, got 1 opening in jurong i think. they are springing up all over singapore!!! must boycott them!!!

Old 10th October 2008, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
ppm
Cool SGClubber
ppm is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

tsk tsk.

ppm is offline   Add to ppm's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 01:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
ScryonX is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No offense really, then you still complain for what?
Bad reviews should be enough to deter you from patronising their shops.

Old 11th October 2008, 01:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Choony_Boy is on a distinguished road

lucky i never went there to cut hair that time. ALMOST.

Choony_Boy is offline   Add to Choony_Boy's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 01:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
rosecremella is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

many people say KIMAGE salon is good so go there :)

rosecremella is offline   Add to rosecremella's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 01:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Minami_Aki has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

woa.. thanks 4 warning.. i won't ever step in to the salon.. haha (although i really nvr heard of it)

Old 13th October 2008, 07:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sj_jiienx will become famous soon enough

Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts

Never heard before but since can be found near my area, better watch out...

sj_jiienx is offline   Add to sj_jiienx's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 10:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
jewlreya has a spectacular aura about

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I think it depends on greatly who 'did' your hair.
My bf looks okay after cutting his hair.

The hair dye thing is like common, everywhere also like that. Push you to do treatment, etc. So which outlet you went to?

jewlreya is offline   Add to jewlreya's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 09:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i went to the bendemeer outlet. yuppsss...it depends who does it. There are some gd reviews abt this salon. But more bad then good reviews la =x

And yup..alot of places push you to do treatment and all that. But still, i feel that this place not very honest abt their prices lei...service attitude also no gd. From my personal experience, i don't think its worth it to go. Other places you pay the same amt or even lesser and you get better service and maybe better results. LOL

Old 15th October 2008, 08:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Apricot will become famous soon enough

LOL...
Few months back...
When i tell them to trim off around 2~1 inch of my hair but the hair dresser go trim off 3~4 cm of my hair.
=/

Just visited snip avenue again few mins ago to get my hair trimmed.
Was rather tempted to go for the goldwell hair treatment...
But since theres so many negative comments about them using conditioner as treatment...
I guess i ain't going for it anymore.

It was good when they started, providing drinks and magazine to read when you're waiting.
The hair dressers there initially were good too.
Especially darren(not there anymore) from the yishun branch.
But they left i guess...due to too little commission?

Last edited by Apricot; 15th October 2008 at 08:23 PM.
Apricot is offline   Add to Apricot's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 04:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
stanley is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hMm u went to which branch?

stanley is offline   Add to stanley's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 04:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
nanaler is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScryonX View Post
No offense really, then you still complain for what?
Bad reviews should be enough to deter you from patronising their shops.
she already say "not nice nvm", but nv say "expensive nvm" mah..

if not nice and cheap maybe not so bad.. but if not cheap, not nice and bad service, very jia lad lor..

Old 29th October 2008, 04:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Stuoid_Panda is a jewel in the roughStuoid_Panda is a jewel in the rough

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

near my house got 1 outlet

my under block salon cheaper n dye is better. same brand loreal they use

CitrusChest/deviantArt\"My head hurts, i think i nvr use it much" Patrick Starfish
Stuoid_Panda is offline   Add to Stuoid_Panda's Reputation Reply With Quote