Dream believe it or not? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > SGClub Cafe » Dream believe it or not?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2007, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
funnysnow has a spectacular aura about

Dream believe it or not?

Dream of Dates

Many times in dreams, dates and numbers are used as a signal to identify something from the dream that will translate to waking life. In dreams, dates may be clues to guide you toward a time or event that is serving as the trigger for the dream.

I often dream of dates but why no dates yet?

Dream of Kissing

Kissing is often associated with youthful love. It is teenagers, and not parents, who kiss until they are weak in the knees on the escalator in the mall. You can be kissing another, watching others kiss, or experience that "I'm about to be kissed" moment.
Kissing another is often wish-fulfillment or sexual acting out. The wish-fulfillment may not be to kiss per se, but to experience the youthful energy of love. Kissing in this sense is the desire for the awakening of passion, not necessarily the passion acted out.
Watching others kiss may be a sign of knowing too much about them personally or participating in their lives at too personal a level. The exception here would be if you are watching your partner kiss another, which is an obvious herald of infidelity or a desire for voyeurism in the relationship.
The "about to be kissed" moment is an interesting one. Often, it occurs as we wake up. This is the dream that may most accurately reflect a desire for actual passion with another. The reason we wake up is the taboo feeling that perhaps, while we want this, it would not be beneficial to actually participate in it.
Is the kissing comforting or threatening to you?
Is it something you sought after, or was it forced upon you? Is your general experience repugnant, romantic, or passionate?

Anyone here want to participate?

Dream of Sex

Dreams of sex and looking for sexual meaning in dreams is something of a pastime for dream interpreters. Often, you don't have to look very far. Sexual content, feelings of love, flirtation, attraction, and nocturnal rendezvous are often very explicit in dreams.
Sexual meaning has long been a first path of inquiry in dream interpretation. This is due, in part, to the significant contributions of Sigmund Freud to the area of dream interpretation. However, interpreting the sexual content of dreams can be difficult. University studies reveal significant differences in how men and women dream about sex. However, when all is said and done, almost everyone is "doing it" in dreamland. How Much? Sex during dreaming is reported as a topic of at least 12% of male dreams and 4% of female dreams. This discrepancy is generally consistent with our waking sex drives, with men doing much more thinking about the topic than women. (It is said that men think about sex far more than 12% of their waking lives, though.) In his book Finding the Meaning in Dreams, G. William Dumhoff reveals some interesting data about the manifestation of sex in dreams:

Gender Men Women
Participating 93% 68%
Watching 7% 32%

This table indicates that women often separate themselves from what is going on in the dream sexually, whereas men see themselves as participants. This can be significant to understanding why it is more common for men-particularly boys-to have orgasms in the dream state than it is for women. It also reveals the conflict that many women feel about the good-girl/bad-girl taboo.
Aside from overt sexual activities in dreams, the question of sexual images and symbols as they occur in dreams is important. Because sexuality is often cloaked in a heavy shroud of secrecy, either through childhood or throughout life, the subconscious is prone to visually represent sex in a variety of ways. Freud, in his theory of the sexually driven personality, contributed much to this line of thought.
Freud did for sexual content in dreams what Henry Ford did for internal combustion. Suddenly everyone, everywhere had dreams of sexual content. Ultimately, this led to Freud's demise in some segments of the intellectual community. Many scholars wonder if Freud was really as pre-occupied with sexual symbolism as he is purported to have been. The following is a partial list of the phallic symbols you may find indexed in a Freudian dream interpretation book:
Aerosol Cans, Antenna, Balloons, Bats, Birds, Boilers, Bottles, Can Openers, Cannons, Cigars, Cars, Chalk, Church Spires, Cords, Cucumbers, Drills, Fishing Poles, Fountains, French Bread, Golf Clubs, Gophers, Guns, Hammers, Hats, Keys, Kites, Knives, Lances, Laser Beams, Moles, Nail Files, Neckties, Needles, Pencils, Pens, Pipes, Pistols, Planes, Plows, Revolvers, Rockets, Ropes, Scalpels, Screwdrivers, Snakes, Spears, Sticks, Swords, Syringes, Tall Buildings, Telescopes, Tractors, Trains, Trees, Tubes, Umbrellas, Water Taps, Woodchucks, Wrenches and Zippers
Not to be left out, women's sexuality was likewise a source of attention and interest for Freud. The following list is far less extensive than the list for male phallic symbols, but almost as diverse:
Bowls, Children, Churches, Closed Rooms, Earth, Fruit, Flowers, Gardens, Houses, Moon, Mounds, Oceans, Ponds, Suitcases, Tunnels, Urns, Vases and Water.
Sexual dreams are not about sex exclusively. Often they are about how we perceive people and how we think others are perceiving us. To construct a framework for interpreting sexual dreams, it is important to identify who is with us in the dream and how we feel about the experiences being had while dreaming.
Certain dreams are simply romantic. Boy and girl meet in the dream state and find themselves enjoying one another. This scenario commonly involves an attractive acquaintance and a generally pleasing environment. There is no violation of taboo, except for a sense that perhaps things are moving a little fast in the nocturnal relationship. Often, the dreamer has simply acted upon a desire for a relationship with a particular person. Freud's theory of wish-fulfillment is a sufficient explanation.
Other dreams begin to press on the boundaries of our taboos. These include dreams with sexual content the dreamer would consider inappropriate in waking, but participates in during the dream. These dreams can be very troubling. One can wake up feeling as though a rape was committed, a fidelity violated, or that innocence has been stripped away. Dreams of this nature may require some more thorough examination.
Identifying the "who" or "what" that has generated discomfort is an important first step. Was it a boss, co-worker, friend? Someone much older or younger than you with whom you have an affectionate, but platonic relationship? Or was it the nature of the encounter-coerced, cheating, public, or whatever-that is the most distinct feature of the dream? Who was forcing whom? Was it a stranger who reminded you of someone you know? Representation and displacement relationships are often components of sexual dreaming.
Some of these dreams indicate our own ambivalence about taboos. There is, after all, something exciting about what is forbidden. In other cases, we are expressing our own frustration with a sex life that is not satisfying. Still other times, others have violated our boundaries and we respond by perceiving them as taking unmerited favors from us.
In all of these cases, the dreams are worth noting and studying. By looking into what you may find abhorrent at first, you will see aspects of your personality and the relationships around you that have gone mostly unnoticed. Perhaps most importantly, you will become more aware of the various facets of your personality in those relationships.

Dream of Rape

Dreams of rape are dreams of violence. As a dreamer, you may find yourself as an aggressor, victim, or spectator to the crime. In dreams of this nature, your role and feelings about the others in the event are crucial to understanding the meaning of the dream. If you have recurring dreams of being the victim of rape, you should try to determine if post-traumatic stress is a factor in your dreams.
Being a victim in a non-recurring rape dream usually indicates a message that you are being personally violated, thwarted, or ruthlessly exploited in waking life. In dreams of this nature, the aggressor is a faceless adversary. This could be explained by the fact that people who get close enough to us in life to exploit us often are significant to us in other, more positive ways. The dream is not meant to have an actual aggressor, but simply serve as a warning that you're being overpowered.
Being the aggressor in a rape usually indicates powerful unresolved or unexpressed anger at someone. As with the victim scenario above, the other party to the rape is often faceless. For example, if you harbor anger towards an opposite gender boss, parent, teacher or co-worker, rape dreams may occur. Finding a source of unresolved anger in waking life can provide great insight into the meaning of this dream. Identifying why you are unable to express your anger in waking life will also help.
A 25-year-old woman reports: Even before I became sexually active, I remember having recurrent dreams of men tied down. I would force myself on them sexually. It was always against their will, and according to my power or desire. I never knew them, and often I did not even notice their faces. It is strange to me that I should have such dreams without even knowing what actual sex was like.
This woman had a deeply troubled relationship with her father. Although there was no incest or sexual misconduct, there was little affection either. The woman reports that her relationship with this parent has been very bitter and troubled. However, she notes that as the relationship improved, the dream lessened in frequency.
Observing a rape is often equally troubling. This is because of the powerlessness you feel in relationship to the victim. Many times, there is an intuitive connection with the victim or the aggressor. In either case, the dreamer may be feeling angry or exploited in waking life. The watching is an attempt to dissociate oneself from the trauma of the event. This often allows better recognition of the relationship between aggressor and victim.
Consequently, whatever psychological protection is gained by indirect participation is lost on the more complete awareness of the other characters.

Sponsors:
Old 16th April 2007, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
fudgie- is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Dream believe it or not?

my dream always opposite of reality. just like i dreamt of myself failing o levels but pass leh :O

fudgie- is offline   Add to fudgie-'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
finaldust will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

lol not really true leh lol

to maintain it, is 'better said than done'
to break off, is 'easier said than done'
to remain friends after u broke off, is never possible
to forget the memories is 'always doing but never succeeding'
to heal the pain within is hard and tough and never near simple
but one has to try to heal your own heart...
finaldust is offline   Add to finaldust's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
cutepetz has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

omg true anot... some sounds scary and abit weird =\ My dreams all damn weird one

Old 16th April 2007, 11:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
sky_bleu is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sounds scary. but izzit true? my dreams often took place in future. as in i dreamt that i was at this particular scene and this guy came over. he almost got knocked down. around mths ltr it happened yet i cant remember it clearly but its familiar to me.

sky_bleu is offline   Add to sky_bleu's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
ayu_u is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

huh got any about dream of ghosts or aliens? my dreams oso like cutepetz, damn weird one. i even dreamt of unknown strangers in my dreams and we were talking like someone i know for super long... =.="

http://www.xanga.com/ayu_u
Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other - it doesn't matter who it is - and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other. ::Mother Teresa::

ayu_u is offline   Add to ayu_u's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 12:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
sky_bleu is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dreams of ghosts have. but thats when i having fevers which i'm bounded to my sleepin. and its always the same old dream - being chased by "it".

sky_bleu is offline   Add to sky_bleu's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 12:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
xechizon is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmm. i have damn lil dreams

but once in awhile i dream that i keep running, but cant move. its stupid. wonder wats the meaning. lol.

xechizon is offline   Add to xechizon's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
akizake is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A few months ago i dream of my teeth cracking and falling off, then a few weeks later i went for my dental and the dentist told me that a wisdom tooth is coming out.Maybe it is trying to say that the teeth drop and new 1 will grow?

akizake is offline   Add to akizake's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
jerry is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i only just woke up from dozing off in class...
i dreamt that a porcupine had climbed into my pants at my butt -_-

oh, and about floating spikey caterpillars and insects O.O

what do they mean?

Old 17th April 2007, 11:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
DJ Jabroni is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my dreams are mostly negative cos i think too much :/

DJ Jabroni is offline   Add to DJ Jabroni's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 12:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
fuyumi is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sometimes I have ridiculous dreams that are most likely impossible to happen.

fuyumi is offline   Add to fuyumi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 06:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
violette has a spectacular aura about

the worst is i cannot recall my dreams

violette is offline   Add to violette's Reputation Reply With Quote