I have drifted away from God. - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Singapore Christian Forums » I have drifted away from God.

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2010, 01:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Legendary SGClubber
Fated is just really niceFated is just really niceFated is just really niceFated is just really niceFated is just really niceFated is just really niceFated is just really nice

Liked 118 Times in 92 Posts
I have drifted away from God.

Hey everyone.
I wanna ask everyone here, whether is there a period of time that you have personally neglected God and drifted away from Him?
What did you do to get back together with God?
Because that is what IMO I'm going through right now.
I don't really feel close with God these days, maybe because of all the stress of life?
Close in the sense that I know He is there, but I'm unable to reach him.
It's quite difficult to say what I'm trying to say.. (Pardon me for my limited vocabuary)
I really need to get my act together. :/

A dancing Pikachu, your argument is invalid.
Add to Fated's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 09:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
sirlion is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I have drifted away from God.

Originally Posted by Fated View Post
Hey everyone.
I wanna ask everyone here, whether is there a period of time that you have personally neglected God and drifted away from Him?
What did you do to get back together with God?
Because that is what IMO I'm going through right now.
I don't really feel close with God these days, maybe because of all the stress of life?
Close in the sense that I know He is there, but I'm unable to reach him.
It's quite difficult to say what I'm trying to say.. (Pardon me for my limited vocabuary)
I really need to get my act together. :/
To TS:
All of us have to go through this period of life.I think maybe cos u are too stressed up with life,u feel the absense of God in ur life..Always remember--Your talent,ability,gifts comes from God.Sometimes in life,one might feel that he/she can conquer everything without God for he seemed so distant away.Church will help in your emotional needs,but i think u got to go through this period to fully understand everything.My advice is for u to go back to ur church,if u have drifted away.And take some time everyday to maintain a strong relationship with God.God is always with u,but its ur choice to be with him.Read the bible ,talk to God thats my advice for u.Trials comes and go.It is a learning process,rejoice whenever God placed u in a situation where u find no way out.Trust in him and u will find ur way out.

sirlion is offline   Add to sirlion's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond repute
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Liked 306 Times in 236 Posts

tks for the sharing.

some things you can do to help yourself get back to Him:
1. Join a cell-group.
2. Ask some close Christian friends to encourage you and keep you accountable in your quiet times and church attendance.
3. Take baby steps by devoting 5min everyday to prayer and reading the Bible. Then increase it every 2-3 wks.
4. Join a ministry that you feel interested in or called into. Usually tied to your gifts and talents.

Hope this helps and looking forward to hearing an update in a few wks

Old 1st December 2010, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
spxdcp is on a distinguished roadspxdcp is on a distinguished road

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Definitely agree with joining up in a CG... Most life transformations start there... Usually the moments that turn it all around are there too..

Friends who are secure and grounded in love are helpful too... Spirits of depression are contagious, stay away from those.. hang out around people who know they are loved, they are the ones who can help you the most cos they are experiencing it first hand.

I believe serving can wait until you are well rested. cos if you are already drawing on zero, then giving more without receiving from God will make the deficit worse... Sit at His feet, listen to sermons that reveal Jesus and His love for you. Once you are well fed, you will automatically want to serve, trust me on this =)

really look forward to hearing a testimony from your test, a message from your mess =D

spxdcp is offline   Add to spxdcp's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
kokojun is a jewel in the roughkokojun is a jewel in the roughkokojun is a jewel in the roughkokojun is a jewel in the roughkokojun is a jewel in the roughkokojun is a jewel in the rough

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

usually i would pray more and try to fast as well...
having a cellgroup would be a good thing because members can encourage one another and grow together spiritually. if you are currently in a cell group now, maybe you can talk to your cell group leader about how to improve your relationship with God. If you do not have a cell group, I'm sure you have Christian friends around you who will be there for you and encourage you when you talk to them about this (:
you can also take part in bible study classes to strengthen your knowledge in the word of God.

Click here to share if something good has happened to you! http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/s...ed_165678.html
kokojun is offline   Add to kokojun's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 07:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
hishandmaiden is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know what it is like to be far from God. I had turned away from God at one period in my life. It was difficult to come out of that state. One way in which you can draw close to God in this period of stress is to remember all the good things He had done for you in the past, and to reflect on your past relationships with Him.

hishandmaiden is offline   Add to hishandmaiden's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Eugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura aboutEugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura aboutEugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 37 Times in 35 Posts

I drifted away from God many times. Became agnostic several times even. But somehow, God always has His ways to call me back.

Like the others, I also recommend you spend more time with other Christians. God often speaks to us through our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Also, keep praying. Especially if you are going through a low period. Even if you feel that God isn't listening, continue to pray. Best is if you can tell someone close to you what you're facing, and pray together.

God continues to draw me back no matter how far I drift away from Him. It's the same case with my Christian friends. We all have our dry periods, but those dry periods always pass. The trick is to continue and not give up.

Recently, I had a lot of health problems strike me, right in the middle of my BMT. Really sucked, and I got really angry with God (as in angry like I've never been angry before) that I refused to even talk about God. But God spoke to me through my mother, and things are now much better.

Last edited by Eugenechia1989; 18th December 2010 at 10:17 PM.
Eugenechia1989 is offline   Add to Eugenechia1989's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Silly_God_Disco has a spectacular aura aboutSilly_God_Disco has a spectacular aura aboutSilly_God_Disco has a spectacular aura about

Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts

i have drifted away from god too.

cos i placed fun above god.

for your case, when you are unable to feel god dosent god isnt there.

he is testing you whether do you really trust him.

so don lose trust in him.

Old 17th January 2011, 05:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
dugundugun is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In the past I used to pray and thank god everyday before I go to bed. But havent been doing that for like 3months. Since October... The exam period I stopped praying and then I just slowy drifted away. That tiem even went to church on christmas night and said to pray everyday as new christmas resolution, but didnt even do that. But I know he still watches over me ^^

Thank You lord

dugundugun is offline   Add to dugundugun's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 06:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
winnie18 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i've experience in wad u are experiencing now..wad made me hang n cling onto God is HOPE! i noe there is still hope!!He still love me no matter wad!!im sure slowly but surely i will hear from Him and experience Him all over again!!

winnie18 is offline   Add to winnie18's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 11:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
zacharyl is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it's always the good times when I drift away but I will return to him somehow whenever things are going haywire. It's like a lesson to tell me not to get too full of myself.

It's really common.

zacharyl is offline   Add to zacharyl's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 11:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Eugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura aboutEugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura aboutEugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 37 Times in 35 Posts

Kind of different for me, it's in the hard times that I drift away. Like my grandfather's dementia which makes him...perverted. I drifted away because I couldn't believe that a loving God would be so cruel as to let that happen. But ah well, I trust that He knows best. Who are we to know His will?

Eugenechia1989 is offline   Add to Eugenechia1989's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
zacharyl is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eugenechia1989 View Post
Kind of different for me, it's in the hard times that I drift away. Like my grandfather's dementia which makes him...perverted. I drifted away because I couldn't believe that a loving God would be so cruel as to let that happen. But ah well, I trust that He knows best. Who are we to know His will?
It's the same for me in some ways too. I will try to solve problems by my own. It's only after I have completely exhausted all my options, that's when I start to call on Him. So far, not everything turns out as expected. SOmetimes, I end up disappointed.

zacharyl is offline   Add to zacharyl's Reputation Reply With Quote