Drivers race recklessly on CTE, nearly causing one of the cars to flip - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Automobile Forum » Drivers race recklessly on CTE, nearly causing one of the cars to flip

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2014, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ms.siqi is a jewel in the roughms.siqi is a jewel in the rough

Liked 153 Times in 144 Posts
Drivers race recklessly on CTE, nearly causing one of the cars to flip

Drivers race recklessly on CTE, nearly causing one of the cars to flip

STOMPer Sam witnessed two drivers racing each other and driving recklessly on the CTE on Saturday afternoon.

At one point, the driver of the black car nudges the red car, nearly causing it to flip and hit STOMPer Sam's car.

In a phone interview with STOMP, Sam recounted:

"I was driving on the CTE when I witnessed near the Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 exit two cars racing and driving recklessly at around 1.40pm on Saturday.

"They were travelling at a really high speed, and I thought the drivers were just friends who were goofing around.

"However, the driver of the black car wound down the window a while later and flashed a thumbs down to the other driver, before nudging into the other vehicle.

"I stopped at the road shoulder as I heard a loud bang and I thought my car was hit.

"When I got out of the car, I saw two guys from the black car emerge and confront the driver in the red car, and hurled vulgarities at him.

"I've submitted this video to the Traffic Police."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/si...e-cars-to-flip

Sponsors:
Add to ms.siqi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
domehades is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Drivers race recklessly on CTE, nearly causing one of the cars to flip

playing gta live in singapore

Old 21st January 2014, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ms.siqi is a jewel in the roughms.siqi is a jewel in the rough

Liked 153 Times in 144 Posts

Hope the police charged those reckless drivers.

ms.siqi is offline   Add to ms.siqi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 04:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
OscarLo02 is on a distinguished road

Hope everyone is fine and wish that such things don't happen again. One small accident can cause a big thing esp when its in highway.

OscarLo02 is offline   Add to OscarLo02's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Liked 219 Times in 184 Posts

actually, they are not racing. if you happened to see the video, the black car driver is somehow like taking revenge on the red car for nearly hit the black car earlier on.

anyway, two wrong does not make one right.

Last edited by zainynn; 23rd January 2014 at 10:07 AM.
zainynn is offline   Add to zainynn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 08:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

some drivers really don't know what they are thinking. very reckless. how did they even pass their driving test...

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
'I was horrified when I saw car lift up'

'I was horrified when I saw car lift up'

The red car and sideswipes it, causing the hatchback to nearly flip over on the CTE.

Benjamin Lim and Natasya Ismail | The New Paper | Thursday, Jan 23, 2014

A video of a car swerving from the innermost left lane to sideswipe another car in the centre lane on the Central Expressway (CTE), causing the latter to almost flip over, has gone viral.

The incident, which happened on Saturday at 1.35pm, was captured by the in-car camera of a passing motorist who had to take evasive action to prevent his car from being hit by the car that was sideswiped.

The video, which was uploaded to the YouTube account, Singapore Reckless Drivers (SRD) on Saturday, had been viewed more than 69,000 times by last night.

It was also sent to citizen journalism website Stomp, where it has got about 50,000 views and 70 comments.

In the video, a black Honda sedan can be seen trying to switch to the centre lane from the left while heading towards the city on the CTE between the Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 and 5 exits.

Its driver does not use the right signal light to indicate his intent and a red Honda hatchback travelling on the centre lane at a faster speed does not slow down.

The driver of the black sedan brakes and swerves to the left while the red car veers slightly to the right to avoid a collision.

The cars are perilously close to each other but it is not clear in the video whether there is any contact.

As the red car returns to the centre lane and continues on its journey, the black sedan speeds up on the left. As it approaches the hatchback, its driver can be seen gesticulating with his right hand to the other driver.

The black car starts to overtake the hatchback and then veers to the right to sideswipe the latter.

The impact lifts the hatchback, causing it to balance on its two right-sided wheels for a split second before landing on all four wheels and intruding into the right lane as it goes out of control.

Mr Samuel Leong, who was with his girlfriend and another friend in a car on the right lane, had to take evasive action to avoid the red Honda.

The footage from his in-car camera ends at this point.

FEARED WORST

He told The New Paper yesterday that he feared the worst and was bracing for an impact with the red car.

"I was horrified when I saw the car lift up. My instinct was to quickly increase speed and swerve to the right," said the 29-year-old, who is a safety officer in the cleaning industry.

"Thankfully, my car wasn't hit."

Mr Leong said that before the incident between the two cars, he had seen them speeding behind him in his rear-view mirror.

"When I got out of my car to check for damage after the incident, the driver of the black car was shouting vulgarities at the other driver and walking quickly towards him in an aggressive manner," he said.

When TNP meet Mr Leong yesterday, he had just made a report to the Traffic Police and handed over the video footage. He said he saw the driver of the red Honda there.

He said he released the video to Singapore Reckless Drivers (SRD) and the media on Saturday to make Singapore roads safe for all users.

"If I close my eyes and not let the public know about this incident, more accidents will definitely happen.

"I hope this video will raise awareness among motorists and the authorities that reckless driving needs to be stopped," he said.

Mr Marc Lee, who runs the SRD Facebook page and YouTube account, said he was "overwhelmed with anger and disappointment" when he saw the video on his mobile phone.

"I cannot believe that Singaporean motorists can engage in such behaviour on our roads. A split-second act had endangered so many lives," said the 31-year-old graphic designer.

Mr Lee founded SRD in early 2012 to advocate road safety awareness among Singaporean drivers after he had an accident.

As an administrator, he said he has to remain neutral and not condemn drivers straightaway.

"But if I were at the scene, I would certainly report the reckless driver to the authorities," he said.

Mr Lee said that motorists who are confronted by aggressive drivers should keep their cool and slow down to avoid more trouble.

Madam Yeo Puay Eng, 56, a private tutor and mother of three, said that Saturday's road rage was the worst that she had seen in her many years of driving.

"I'm angry that drivers can be so daring to commit such reckless acts. This video is clear evidence for the authorities to take appropriate action."

Source: http://ride.asiaone.com/news/general...i-saw-car-lift

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 03:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Avid Student
clevins is on a distinguished road

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Can we just ban all use of cars instead? Since everyone seems to be taking advantage of cars these days...Just because you earned a car with great effort doesn't mean you earned a racing car, but people just seems to think that way.

clevins is offline   Add to clevins's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
ChocoBoy is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fine them heavily.

ChocoBoy is offline   Add to ChocoBoy's Reputation Reply With Quote