E-History Chat, sharing of essays/notes - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > School Life > Humanities Help » E-History Chat, sharing of essays/notes

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2010, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Sherries is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E-History Chat, sharing of essays/notes

What are all of you studying for history?

I am planning to study on cold war and league of nations......

I don't have enough resources/notes for Cold War, especially the fall of USSR.

Share to share essays?

Pls say yes....Pls help....thank you.....

Maybe all history peeps can post their essays here and there can be an exchange of history essays? Everyone benefits.

I will start the ball rolling.....of course, my notes are not the best.....haha....Pls suggest on how to improve my notes too.....

Reasons for the Treaty of Versailles:
1. To ensure France will be safe from attack from Germany in future.
Germany had attacked France in 1870 and 1914. Clemenceau did not want it to happen again. The treaty needs to cripple Germany as a military power. France had suffered badly during the war and the people in France were demanding Clemenceau to take revenge against Germany. This led to the signing of the Treaty of Versailles because if Germany is not weakened, they would be able to attack France again in future and thus be a threat to France's sovereignty.

2. To have a fair peace
America's president, Wilson, wanted a fair peace that would cause the least unhappiness. He thought that Germany should be punished but not too much. This led to the signing of the Treaty of Versailles because if all the countries involved were agreeable to the punishment, then all countries would be able to concentrate on a new beginning and there would be world peace.

3. Wanted Germany to be punished.
The Prime Minister of Britain, Lloyd George, wanted Germany to be punished. He had promised to the people in Britain that he woud make sure Germany paid a high price for the war. This led to the signing of the treaty because it enabled him to dictate his demands on Germany and get the support of the other countries while doing so. By doing that, it ensured that Britain will be safe in future and he would also gain the support of the people in Britain.

Terms of Treaty of Versailles
1. Military
One of the terms of the Treaty of Versailles was the military terms more specifically the loss of weapons and armies. According to the Treaty, Germany’s army was restricted to 100,000 men and conscription was not allowed. Furthermore, its navy was restricted to 15,000 men, six battleships and some smaller ships. It could not have any submarines, tanks or planes. The military terms of the Treaty was the most devastating for the Germans because this meant that Germany did not have sufficient armies, navies and air-force to defend itself against potential aggressors. It left Germany vulnerable to attacks by other countries especially France and made the Germans anxious in the face of threats by other countries. This led the Germans to be angry.

2. Loss of territories (political)
Germany’s former colonies were taken away from her. For example German East Africa was given to Britain and Belgium and New Guinea was given to Australia. The loss of her valuable possessions was devastating to Germany because this weakened Germany for it meant the loss of valuable resources which could be used to build up the country. Thus, this led to Germany’s hatred towards the Treaty.

3. Reparations (economic)
Germany had to pay reparatins, money to the Allies to repair for war damage. A Reparations Committee was set up to work ut the cost. In 1921, it was set at 6,650 million pounds. This was devastating to Germany beause it meant that it would be very difficult to build up the country after the war due to insufficient funds. This would prevent the country from rising up again. This thus led to the anger of the Germans.

Sponsors:

Last edited by Sherries; 17th August 2010 at 04:22 PM.
Add to Sherries's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts
Re: E-History Chat, sharing of essays/notes

Never write about the consequences/aftermath ?

Germany became a poor country with angry people. Their economy, if I am not wrong, nearly collapsed...The amount of money they have to pay made Germany nearly bankrupt and their currency, Deutsche Mark, became worthless until it is cheaper to burn it for the stove rather than using it to buy coal. Hyperinflation crippled Germany's economy and society

Everything changed after Adolf Hitler came to power

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_Republic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Versailles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperin..._World_History

Last edited by christmas_; 17th August 2010 at 04:23 PM.
christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote