Eating for energy and good health - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Health & Fitness > Weight Issues » Eating for energy and good health

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th December 2011, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
francen24 is on a distinguished road

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Eating for energy and good health

You may often tell yourself, why do i often have no energy? Many times you may feel listless throughtout the day at work and you wonder why? I believe one of the main reason is a lack of sleep or simply working too hard with limited rest. However have you though to yourself, could it be because you did not eat the right food? Yes not many people have though that because they did not eat the right food, they can get tired easily. Yes not enough sleep is one of the cause, but not eating right is also one of the reason. This is because food is the body's main source of energy. I am going to show you that the food you eat can increase your energy level and even help you lose weight. Make sure you eat 3 regular meals a day. As i mentioned earlier, skipping a meal will do more harm to your body then good.

Before i go on, i want you to forget about the term going on a diet. To me going on a diet is a "swear" word. This is because diet drains you of your energy. Going a diet also causes you to gain weight rather than lose weight. This is because let say you skip lunch and by the time dinner come, you will be super hungry. And you end up eating a lot for dinner, thus gaining weight in the process. Going on a diet also slow down your metabolism rate. Let me explain. If you do not eat enough, the brain sends a message to your body to say there is a famine. Your's body metabolism slows down to conserve energy and get ready to store the next intake of food as fat in case there is another famine. This will led to additional calories been stored in your body as fat. So the fact is dieting interferes with the way the body normally processes food and release energy.

What you eat is also important. If you want your body to function at peak level you need to eat food that contains complex carbohydrates, such as pasta, wholemeal bread and fresh fruit and vegetables, which will help your body to release energy throughout the day. However if you often rely on sugary snacks like chocolate, ice cream or cakes to boost your energy, you will often find yourself suffering from mood swing, irritability and tiredness. When the sugar fix wears out, you will surely crave for more sugar, and you will be caught in another vicious cycle.

The golden rule to eating for optimum energy if you are overweight and want to slim down is to always eat in moderation. Eating too much causes weight gain, which will also cause a crash in energy level because your body diverts more energy away from your muscles to help digest the food. My advise you, stop eating the moment you feel full. Do not feel pressure to finish all the food. In this way, you will provide enough energy for your body, but also no excess fuel for fat storage. You will always feel full of stamina rather than feel tired.

Sponsors:
Old 26th December 2011, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts
Re: Eating for energy and good health

Eating healthy and moderate is important indeed

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
xeroone has a spectacular aura about

Liked 24 Times in 24 Posts

Yea eating everything in moderation is the way to go.
However, I believe that we should not eat till we feel full as our body takes about 20 minutes to "signal" the feeling of fullness. So, by the time you feel full, you have actually overeaten. In fact, we should eat till we feel approximately 70% - 80% full.

xeroone is offline   Add to xeroone's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Aiden is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice post but just eat too much is not a solution of this.Just make a diet plan first and take those food which can provide you maximum protein and vitamins.

Old 2nd January 2012, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
francen24 is on a distinguished road

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Thanks you all for the feedback. Happy new year to everyone

Old 5th June 2012, 02:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Matthaus is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Being vegetarian can be good or bad for your health. All it means is that you don't eat meat. So you could eat a bunch of cake and twinkies and stuff with sugar without eating meat and not be healthy. Or you could eat vegetables, fruit, dairy, etc and be healthy. I am not vegetarian but I rarely eat red meat.

Last edited by Matthaus; 5th June 2012 at 02:15 PM.
Matthaus is offline   Add to Matthaus's Reputation Reply With Quote