everywhere we go and park we pay??..do we afford..pls comment:confuseds: - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Automobile Forum » everywhere we go and park we pay??..do we afford..pls comment:confuseds:

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2012, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Crash07 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
everywhere we go and park we pay??..do we afford..pls comment:confuseds:

in singapore anybody who drive a vehicle(esp car,commercial vehicle) we simply need to pay n pay non stop..theres coe,insurance,erp,season parking,parking,fine n mny more..tas alot of money

i wanna ask some qns?

1)do u ppl display coupon when parking at hdb places?..hw about if u put 50 cts couponas u think wil b awile?..end up u wil b 1 hr plus?..wil u come down or display coupon again or jus ignore?

2)those who have car in singapore wil not get away from fine like erp,parking(izit the most),LTA,traffic police? in 1 month..wil u all appeal?

3)hw do u guys afford n survive?..or we all have no choice n jus need to pay..i compared to malaysia which car no coe and also parking easily n without paying too

Sponsors:
Add to Crash07's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
EightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 293 Times in 260 Posts
Re: everywhere we go and park we pay??..do we afford..pls comment:confuseds:

1) My father usually does not put the coupons la.. only on "certain" popular parking areas. Like for e.g when we visit relatives my dad will call them to ask the time the "guy" usually comes

2) I have seen some of the appeal letters my dad has sent to the authorities. Quite interesting

3) Born in Malaysia. know how u feel lols

EightyOne is offline   Add to EightyOne's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
logging off
typeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to behold

Liked 312 Times in 239 Posts

1. Yes i always display coupons.. last time i used to not put, but after getting a couple of fines, now i just always put, minimum 50cts as even if you exceed the fine is much lesser than simply not putting at all. If i'm delayed, then it depends on the location whether it is a hotspot. But nowadays most carparks are using the EPS so can't cheat with it alr.

2. You must be quite suay to get a summon from TP for speeding, etc. so far i haven't been that lucky to get anything or any points *touchwood* in SG. The only time i appealed was for a speeding ticket in aus, and it was successful. As for parking fines, i've tried appealing once and it was rejected.

3. no choice, just pay lo. can consider getting a bike too, cheaper and quicker.

and so on to viscosity.
typeX is offline   Add to typeX's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 11:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Crash07 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks for ur rpl..so hw much do u spend 1 mth for

1)petrol/diesel

2)season parking,coupon,cashcard?

3)parking,lta,traffic police fine if any?

Crash07 is offline   Add to Crash07's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
JetGrey is just really niceJetGrey is just really niceJetGrey is just really nice

Liked 181 Times in 129 Posts

Driving a car in Singapore is a luxury. We have limited land and roads, hence, cars need to be under control. I can't imagine Singapore not having COE and all the other fees, ie. ERP, parking, road tax, etc. Then more people can afford cars and the roads will be even more jammed up than it already is now.

I used to own a car and I just sold it for personal reasons. Used to spend about $250 on petrol, maybe about $150 on parking, ie. season parking, cashcard, coupons (never really keep track). I had the car for 3 years, got caught for speeding twice. $150 each.. Parking fines.. Less than 10 times. Got fined $250 twice for accidentally parking in season parking lot.. $20 a few times for not displaying coupon and $8 a few times for insufficient coupons. So.. Fines should not be considered as monthly "fees".

Also.. Road tax was $626 per year.. Insurance about $2k per year (I was below 25, and the car is registered under my name). Servicing was cheap in the beginning, about $500 (or less) per year. But the final year I had the car, there was really a lot to replace, went up to $4k in a year.

So yea.. All those expenses are really meant to separate those who can really afford a car and those who just want a car.

JetGrey is offline   Add to JetGrey's Reputation Reply With Quote