Exo (band) - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Movies Singapore > Korean Celebrities » Exo (band)

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

Comment

LinkBack Celebrity Tools Display Modes
Exo (band)
Exo (band)
Published by korean_fan
26th June 2014

Exo (stylized as EXO; /ˌɛkˈsoʊ/ ek-soh; Korean: 엑소) is a South Korean-Chinese K-pop boy band produced by S.M. Entertainment. Formed in 2011 in Seoul, South Korea, Exo comprises 12 members separated into two subgroups, Exo-K and Exo-M, performing music in Korean and Mandarin, respectively.

Exo's debut single, "Mama", was released in April 2012. The single was a moderate success; Exo-M's version topped mainland Chinese music charts after only one day of release, and Exo-K's "Mama" music video reached to number seven on YouTube's Global Chart. The group's two albums, the 2012 debut EP Mama and the 2013 comeback studio album XOXO, were major commercial successes, selling over 1.5 million units in total worldwide.

With XOXO, Exo became the youngest boy band to win Album of the Year at the Mnet Asian Music Awards, and the fastest-selling K-pop artist in twelve years. The lead singles off XOXO, "Wolf" and "Growl," were hits, landing first place trophies on music shows from all three of Korea's major free-to-air broadcast stations. The latter also peaked at number three on Billboard's Korea K-Pop Hot 100 chart.

In May 2014 member Kris has started a lawsuit against S.M. Entertainment to nullify his contract, as of the submission date of the lawsuit the band promotes with 11 members.

The group received numerous rookie awards in 2012, and has since won over forty awards.

Movie Rating
HotnessN/A
0 users rated N/A% average

Latest 5 celebrities

Celebrity Tools
Sponsors

By korean_fan on 26th June 2014, 05:03 PM
Default Re: Exo (band)

Tao 2nd Exo member to go on ‘Jungle’

Tao of Exo subgroup Exo-M will head to the Solomon Islands as a member of the SBS travel entertainment show “Law of the Jungle.”

Tao is the second Exo member to join the “Jungle” team; in December, 22-year-old Exo-K member Chan-yeol explored the Micronesian islands with several celebrities, including singer Oh Jong-hyuk.

Exo’s fans showed a great deal of interest in the news yesterday because it will be Tao’s first time starring in a local entertainment show alone.

It was reported that the Qingdao-born singer will soon pack for the trip and will take off at the beginning of July.

The Solomon Islands episodes will air in August.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...ungle%E2%80%99
By korean_fan on 27th June 2014, 04:34 AM

EXO’s Chen Tries Wakeboarding for The Celebrity Magazine

EXO star Chen has featured in an interview and photo shoot for magazine The Celebrity, which sees how the boy band star fared at water sports.

In one photo, he poses next to an array of wakeboards, sporting a t-shirt and board shorts. In another picture, he is wakeboarding in a deep blue sea while wearing an orange life vest.

A feature in the upcoming July issue of the magazine will tell the story of Chen’s watersports adventure. In the article, Chen explains that his initial goal was to avoid spending too much time in the water.

He told the magazine, “I have heard that most beginners fall in a lot. My main target for the day is just staying above the water!”

However, as the pictures show, Chen soon proved he had the knack when it came to this sport. His coach said, “It’s quite rare for a first-timer to be able to stay on his feet as Chen did. He must have great stamina and coordination.”'

http://www.soompi.com/2014/06/26/exo.../#.U6yC2vmSxtg
By korean_fan on 4th July 2014, 01:36 AM

EXO's Chanyeol hangs out with Lee So Ra and Jo Se Ho at the 'Roommate' house

EXO's Chanyeol showed that there's never a boring moment with his 'Roommates' Lee So Ra and Jo Se Ho!

Chanyeol shared on his Instagram on July 2, "New piano student Jo Se Ho #Secret," and "Posing like a model with So Ra noona!! #It'sChic," along with the behind-the-scenes photos. Chanyeol is seen teaching Jo Se Ho how to play the piano, but when he's with Lee So Ra, he becomes a student who learns how to pose from the veteran model herself.

Stay tuned for more Chanyeol cuts on 'Roommate' this Sunday!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/...roommate-house
By korean_fan on 4th July 2014, 01:38 AM

Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency reveal they've been receiving EXO fan letters in the mail

The police over at the Seoul Metropolitan Agency have found themselves in a confusing yet amusing situation as they have been receiving fan letters addressed to EXO in their mail.

According to the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, fan letters for EXO have been repeatedly mailed to the police station since the end of last year up until now. The police say they have about 9 or so letters at the moment, with most of them addressed to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. In addition, some of the fans have sent their letters to this wrong address repeatedly, even up to 3-4 times. The police say the outside of the letters have writing that say things like, "Although I'm an EXO fan, I'm not a sasaeng fan", "Please read this", and so on.

It was eventually discovered that this had been happening due to a simple prank online. A fan had posted a question about where to send EXO a present, and a netizen had responded, "Send it to Daechi 2-dong, Gangnamgu 998", which is not the address of EXO's dorm nor SM Entertainment, but rather the police station. It seems young fans were quick to believe this post and had sent their heartfelt letters addressed towards the EXO members to the police instead.

A rep from the station also sent out a word of advice to the prankster, saying, "We can't confirm the situation surrounding this for certain, but if someone has been purposely giving out the wrong address, he or she should refrain from doing so as it could hurt the young students' feelings."

The police have also revealed that they are in the process of returning the letters back to the fans.

Hopefully this will teach fans to check the address next time!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/...rs-in-the-mail
By korean_fan on 4th July 2014, 01:40 AM

EXO share backstage & rehearsal photos from their solo concert in Chongqing, China

For fans who weren't quick enough to grab tickets for EXO's first solo concert in Seoul could catch the boys on June 28th at their 'EXO FROM. EXOPLANET #1 - THE LOST PLANET' concert in Chongqing, China.

Earlier today, the group shared a ton of backstage, rehearsal, and show photos from the show on their Facebook. In addition to some great shots of the group performing their hit songs, there was also a slew of solo shots of each member working hard to prepare for the show.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/...hongqing-china
By korean_fan on 5th July 2014, 02:30 AM

EXO's Xiumin reaches 1 million followers on Instagram

EXO's Xiumin has reached 1 million followers on Instagram!

He'd recently opened up a new account for some reason and abandoned his old one (fans suspect he might have forgotten his password to his original account). He hasn't been updating much on it and it only has 4 photos, but he's reached 1 million followers anyway!

Congratulations to Xiumin! If you don't follow him yet, you can do so here.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/...s-on-instagram
By korean_fan on 20th July 2014, 03:04 PM

[Video] EXO's Chen Sings 'Best Luck' for 'It's Ok, It's Love' OST

The teaser video has been revealed for SBS's drama It's Ok, It's Love's OST Part.1, featuring EXO's Chen.

CJ E&M, the company in charge of the OST production, released the teaser video for It's Ok, It's Love's OST part 1 Best Luck on its official YouTube channel, showing the EXO member focused on singing the song in the studio.

The upcoming OST track has been gathering a lot of interest, as it will be Chen's first solo song since his debut with EXO.

The company revealed on July 17, “We've been getting a flood of questions on the song and the release date ever since the It's Ok, It's Love highlight video has been revealed on July 15. OST part 1 Best Luck sung by Chen will be released on July 23.”

Meanwhile, Chen's It's Ok, It's Love OST track, Best Luck, will be released on July 23 on Mnet, MelOn and other music sites.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...ntid=256706564
By korean_fan on 6th August 2014, 07:50 PM

Fans shut down Exo website

Exo’s official website was offline yesterday due to excessive traffic because the boy group was recruiting members for its fan club.

The band’s agency, SM Entertainment, started recruiting at noon yesterday for the global club Exo-L - a shortened version of “Exo-Love.”

Fans from across the world tried to access the website in order to file their application but were soon unable to access the site.

To make it easier for fans to find information about the group, the agency is operating a mobile application and will also provide a mobile membership card with an individual barcode for members to take part in group chats or access the group’s official schedule.

Exo is currently traveling around Asia for its first solo concert tour, “Exo From Exoplanet #1 - The Lost Planet.”

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...wn-exo-website
By korean_fan on 6th August 2014, 08:42 PM

EXO's D.O Runs Injured in New Stills From 'It's Okay, It's Love'

What could have happened to Han Kang Woo (D.O)?

On July 30, SBS' It's Okay, It's Love released a set of photos showing EXO's D.O injured and running across an open field.

D.O appears in the drama as Han Kang Woo, a big fan of mystery writer Jang Jae Yeol (Zo In Sung). He is also an aspiring writer.

It is said D.O rehearsed many times for the scene this day, and thanks to his efforts the shoot went smoothly.

The next episode of It's Okay, It's Love airs on July 30.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...ntid=256843492
By korean_fan on 13th August 2014, 09:11 PM

[Video] EXO 90:2014 Reveals First Guest as H.O.T's Kangta in Teaser

Starting where it all began, Mnet's EXO 90:2014 will be greeting H.O.T's Kangta as its first guest.

In a teaser released on August 12, the EXO members interacted with Kangta, who was invited as their first guest, who was active as a first generation Kpop group member. The teaser showed the members in awe of the old memorabilia that were created during H.O.T times and also revealed that the EXO members will recreate a music video of one of H.O.T's songs in their own style.

EXO 90:2014 will begin August 15.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...ntid=256961052
By korean_fan on 3rd September 2014, 03:04 PM

EXO: We’re a 10/10

From the land of everything kimchi, not-so-rookie-any-longer group EXO will finally make their mark on our shores on August 23 during their first solo concert.

After debuting with much fanfare in 2011, the group made it to our little red dot less than a year after their debut for SMTOWN in 2012 and already garnered an impressive number of fans.

This number has undoubtedly swelled since then, with both rounds of tickets to their one-night-only gig being snapped up quicker than you can name all 11 members of the group.

EXO may be only on their first world tour but have already learned to field questions like pros, answering xinmsn’s interview with just the right dose of confidence and fan service.

In this email-interview-that-almost-didn’t-happen, we delve into their psyches to try to understand what they truly feel about their concert tour, what they think of themselves and conclude that they really need to get a better translator.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...99re-a-10-10-1
By korean_fan on 25th January 2015, 02:46 PM

EXO fans are accused of buying then canceling tickets to other concerts to test their accounts

Netizens have recently noticed that some EXO-L (EXO fans) are getting into the habit of purchasing tickets for other celebrities' concerts in order to prepare themselves when they buy EXO's second solo concert 'EXO PLANET #2 - The EXO'luXion -' tickets.

SEE ALSO: EXO release teaser for upcoming second solo concert 'EXO PLANET #2 - The EXO'luXion -'

On January 23, a netizen gained people's attention when he/she wrote an online post titled, "EXO fans who reserve and then cancel tickets for other concerts for practice."

In the post, the netizen elaborated, "EXO fans practiced buying tickets using the Busan jazz concert 'Falling into Jazz Wine.'"

The 'Falling into Jazz Wine' concert is an annual event that started in 2008. It is considered the representative concert for jazz lovers in Korea. According to the netizen, EXO-Ls bought tickets for this concert and then cancelled their purchases to practice for when they need to compete against one another for EXO concert tickets.

'Falling into Jazz Wine' organizer's Facebook posts support the netizen's claims. On January 22, the organizer announced that 'Falling into Jazz Wine' had sold out a majority of its seats. The organizer wrote, "I wonder what happened to 'Falling into Jazz Wine' at YES24 (ticket website)? There are only seats of nine and five left here and there.... My heart is thumping seeing those remaining seats.... Hoohoohoo tickets are also selling rapidly on TiMon (Ticket Monster).... This is a moment that will comfort the performers who had a difficult 2014.... although the event is still far off...."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...their-accounts
By korean_fan on 21st April 2015, 06:56 PM

EXO’s Baekhyun Sings “Beautiful” for “EXO Next Door” OST

EXO‘s Baekhyun has contributed his amazing voice to the OST for the web drama “EXO Next Door.”

SM Entertainment shared that “Beautiful” will be released on various music sites such as Melon, Genie, Naver Music, and more on April 22.

The ballad song features a light melody with Baekhyun’s mellifluous voice. The lyrics are supposed to express the feelings EXO had when they first met their fans.

EXO’s comeback started with the special live broadcast of “EXOCAST #ONAIR” on Naver Star Cast on April 6. The group then revealed the first episode of “EXO Next Door” on April 9.

“EXO Next Door” was created and produced by LINE and SM Entertainment. It is released every Tuesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. KST on Naver TV Cast.

The web drama is available in many other Asian countries including China, Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, and more. Global fans are showing great interest in the web drama.

Check out the short version of the OST below!

http://youtu.be/qF5XHybikts

http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/20/exo...next-door-ost/
By korean_fan on 21st April 2015, 07:17 PM

Lay Discusses the Impact of Kris and Luhan’s Departure on EXO and SME

During a solo interview with Sohu Entertainment that was revealed on April 21, EXO member Lay gave his honest answers to questions regarding his personal workshop, as well as his former group members, Luhan and Kris (Wu Yi Fan).

On the topic of setting up his own workshop in China, Lay shared, “There was trust [with SM Entertainment]. I knew it would only be possible if there was trust. It’s very fortunate [that SME set up its first workshop.] I’m thankful for everything.”

When discussing the impact of Kris and Luhan’s leave, Lay expressed, “The past event [of Kris and Luhan leaving the team] must have made an impact on the agency. All of the choices and decisions I am making now will also impact the agency. I think this process and these challenges will become an experience that contributes to the change and development of the agency, myself, and everyone.

Also during the interview, the EXO member was asked about the rest of the group members: “The members are very strong. All of the members are holding hands and walking together now. I can’t say that [Kris and Luhan’s departure] hasn’t affected them. There was an impact. But I want to say this—everyone is good. If everyone is good, that’s all that matters.”

When asked if he personally keeps in contact with Kris or Luhan since they left the group, Lay answered, “Yes. I even met up with Luhan a while back and ate together. But we can’t meet these days because we’re too busy.”

Meanwhile, Kris and Luhan have been promoting as actors in China since filing their individual lawsuits against SM Entertainment last year.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/20/lay...n-exo-and-sme/
By korean_fan on 22nd April 2015, 09:59 PM

EXO rank on Billboard's 'Canadian Hot 100' chart!

After breaking the 'Billboard Hot 100' chart in the U.S., it doesn't come as too much of a surprise that they've broken into the Canadian chart too. They are EXO after all!

EXO's title track "Call Me Baby" debuted at #98 on the 'Billboard Canadian Hot 100' for the week of April 25, 2015. This is only the second time a Kpop artist or group has ranked on the Canadian Hot 100 following Psy.

The song had 230,000 streaming views in Canada, and though there was no reported airplay of the song on Canadian radio stations, "Call Me Baby" still managed to snag the #98 spot.

As previously reported, 9 songs from the album 'EXODUS' were ranked on Billboard's 'World Digital Songs' chart out of a total of 25 positions. What's key here is that this is the most number of songs from one Kpop artist to rank simultaneously on the chart and the second highest number of songs from any artist in the world.

And finally, "Call Me Baby" is ranked #22 on Billboard's 'YouTube Chart' for its millions of views. The last time a Kpop artist ranked on the YouTube chart for Billboard was back in 2014 when Psy's "Gangnam Style" MV shot up again and ranked at #7.

EXO is currently topping charts on Korean music charts and music shows and on charts worldwide too. Congrats to EXO and EXO-L's!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...-hot-100-chart
By korean_fan on 22nd April 2015, 10:56 PM

Chinese media reports that Tao's father wants him to leave EXO

It looks like the rumors of Tao's leave from EXO and SM Entertainment have not been squashed yet.

SEE ALSO: SM Entertainment denies reports that EXO's Tao is attempting to terminate his contract

On April 22, Chinese media outlet Sina reported that Tao's father requested the cancellation of his contract from his agency SM Entertainment. According to Sina, Tao's father made a statement on Weibo that announced:

"Hello to all the fans who give Tao a lot of interest and love. This is Huang Zitao's father. I'm writing this feeling very confused and heartbroken. I know that my decision may cause hurt to many people and even to my son Tao. Though I finally convinced him, Tao doesn't seem to understand a selfish father like me. If it's between Tao living life as an idol in Korea and Tao's health, I choose Tao's health without hesitation."

What do you think? Do you think there's any truth to it? Stay tuned for updates!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...m-to-leave-exo
By korean_fan on 25th April 2015, 05:08 PM

Tiger JK shows cute jealousy over Yoon Mi Rae's interest in EXO

No one can resist being a fan of EXO, not even Tiger JK's wife Yoon Mi Rae, it seems!

Tiger JK uploaded the above photo of a personalized Chanyeol version of EXO's 'Exodus' album on his Instagram. The signed album was given to Yoon Mi Rae, and the message said, "To: Yoon Mi Rae sunbae-nim <3. "Bang Diggy Bang Bang" is so fun and cool! We always look up to you. Hwaiting! "

Seeing his wife taking a liking to these charming boys, Tiger JK showed his cute jealousy by writing, "I've stolen Mi Rae's CD. That's because her heart was drawn to them."

SEE ALSO: Fans celebrate the 13th win for EXO's 'Call Me Baby'

Take a look at a cute group photo of the two groups down below! Who else is jealous of Yoon Mi Rae for getting a personalized CD from EXO?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...nterest-in-exo
By korean_fan on 25th April 2015, 05:09 PM

Tiger JK shows cute jealousy over Yoon Mi Rae's interest in EXO

No one can resist being a fan of EXO, not even Tiger JK's wife Yoon Mi Rae, it seems!

Tiger JK uploaded the above photo of a personalized Chanyeol version of EXO's 'Exodus' album on his Instagram. The signed album was given to Yoon Mi Rae, and the message said, "To: Yoon Mi Rae sunbae-nim <3. "Bang Diggy Bang Bang" is so fun and cool! We always look up to you. Hwaiting! "

Seeing his wife taking a liking to these charming boys, Tiger JK showed his cute jealousy by writing, "I've stolen Mi Rae's CD. That's because her heart was drawn to them."

Take a look at a cute group photo of the two groups down below! Who else is jealous of Yoon Mi Rae for getting a personalized CD from EXO?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...nterest-in-exo
By korean_fan on 25th April 2015, 05:20 PM

Suho to spill about his members in upcoming episode of 'Problematic Man'?

It's great to see Suho branching out into variety, first with 'Bounce Indo' and now he's appearing as a guest in the upcoming episode of tvN's 'Problematic Man'!

In the preview above, Xiumin, Chen and Chanyeol were asked which EXO member they thought was the sexiest brain among them and Chanyeol said, "I think it's me." While Xiumin suggested, "Baekhyun?" and both Chen and Chanyeol agreed, and Chen also chose Xiumin.

When asked about Suho, Chen said, "Not sure," while Chanyeol cutely shook his head.

And then the teaser cut to shots of Suho, looking as fine as ever.

During the episode, Suho confidently stated, "When I appear on the show, I think the ratings will go to the top."

Suho also says, "In the case of maknae Sehun..." showing that the leader will talk about his members and perhaps some of their secrets in this upcoming episode!

Jun Hun Moo says, "I've never seen Suho like this," making us wonder what kind of side of himself he will show.

Make sure to watch the next episode of 'Problematic Man' next week, and check out the preview video above!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...roblematic-man
Comment

Celebrity Tools