F&E Korea Trip - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Travel Talk > Korea » F&E Korea Trip

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2012, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
mac4me is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
F&E Korea Trip

Hi going to Korea soon. I will be going to Seoul and planning to go to Jeju for the last 2 days of my trip. I would like to ask how long does it take for the fight to get back to Seoul airport from Jeju? My flight return from Seoul to Singapore is around 6pm.

Sponsors:
Add to mac4me's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jack Wilshere ❤
aforl is a splendid one to beholdaforl is a splendid one to beholdaforl is a splendid one to beholdaforl is a splendid one to beholdaforl is a splendid one to behold

Liked 372 Times in 288 Posts

First of all, if you come back from Jeju, your flight most likely will arrive at Gimpo airport. Your flight back to Singapore will be at Incheon. Note they are not near one another. So bear this in mind. Double check and allow time to transfer.

The flight from Gimpo to Jeju is approximately an hour. Jeju to Gimpo is 1 hr as well. (A shorter flight than Singapore to KL) So plan accordingly. Don't rush as you don't know what might happen in customs.

Anything can ask me. I just came back from Seoul Busan Jeju last month.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Last edited by aforl; 24th June 2012 at 10:44 PM.
aforl is offline   Add to aforl's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: F&E Korea Trip

Hi aforl, I would also like to know if it's easy and advisable to book our flight to Jeju at Korea or should we book it in advance in Singapore?

mac4me is offline   Add to mac4me's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 03:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I would like to seek advice on some issues I've encountered with expedia.com.sg. I've made a booking for 2 to Seoul. However, on their itinerary, the names reflected is different from my passport. I saw the error and called up the customer service. They claimed there's nothing wrong with the format. The format is as such : xxx xxx surname. This is different from passport. I insisted to have it checked and they asked me to call up korean air which I did and it's the same over that side. Korean air is not able to change and asked me to call up the agency which I did.

The agency asked me to send in photostat copy of my passport and they will send it to Korean Air to have it corrected. This is where it gets ridiculous, they said there will be a fee chargeable for the name change. Why do I have to pay for a correction? Furthermore, according to Korean Air they do not charge any name change fee etc.

Have anyone encountered this before and what are the avenues to solve it.

Any advise.

mac4me is offline   Add to mac4me's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jack Wilshere ❤
aforl is a splendid one to beholdaforl is a splendid one to beholdaforl is a splendid one to beholdaforl is a splendid one to beholdaforl is a splendid one to behold

Liked 372 Times in 288 Posts

Originally Posted by mac4me View Post
Hi aforl, I would also like to know if it's easy and advisable to book our flight to Jeju at Korea or should we book it in advance in Singapore?
I booked it in advance in Sg before the flight through Jeju Air. It was pretty simple at Jeju Air website. Create an account, then book and pay. Just print the email out (in Korean though) they will send you and show it to the Jeju Air counter to check in.

Originally Posted by mac4me View Post
Hi, I would like to seek advice on some issues I've encountered with expedia.com.sg. I've made a booking for 2 to Seoul. However, on their itinerary, the names reflected is different from my passport. I saw the error and called up the customer service. They claimed there's nothing wrong with the format. The format is as such : xxx xxx surname. This is different from passport. I insisted to have it checked and they asked me to call up korean air which I did and it's the same over that side. Korean air is not able to change and asked me to call up the agency which I did.

The agency asked me to send in photostat copy of my passport and they will send it to Korean Air to have it corrected. This is where it gets ridiculous, they said there will be a fee chargeable for the name change. Why do I have to pay for a correction? Furthermore, according to Korean Air they do not charge any name change fee etc.

Have anyone encountered this before and what are the avenues to solve it.

Any advise.
If the difference is like AH GOW LEE and LEE AH GOW, I don't think its a major error. As long as the passport number tallies, should be fine.

Last edited by aforl; 1st July 2012 at 09:56 PM.
aforl is offline   Add to aforl's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sweetlemon is a jewel in the roughsweetlemon is a jewel in the rough

Liked 121 Times in 90 Posts

Originally Posted by aforl View Post
I booked it in advance in Sg before the flight through Jeju Air. It was pretty simple at Jeju Air website. Create an account, then book and pay. Just print the email out (in Korean though) they will send you and show it to the Jeju Air counter to check in.

If the difference is like AH GOW LEE and LEE AH GOW, I don't think its a major error. As long as the passport number tallies, should be fine.
It's not an issue really. I believe that they'll do something like underlining or capitalizing the surname. It's the problem with the format of names across languages, though I don't really understand why it'll happen for Korea. It'll be more likely to occur for European countries

sweetlemon is offline   Add to sweetlemon's Reputation Reply With Quote