飛輪海 (Fahrenheit) - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Music Zone » 飛輪海 (Fahrenheit)

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2007, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
akiechan is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
飛輪海 (Fahrenheit)

Background
Derived from the definition of fahrenheit, each of the four members represents a season or temperature that corresponds with their different personalities. Calvin Chen represents spring, warm; Jiro Wang represents summer, hot; Wu Zun represents autumn, cool, and lastly, Aaron Yan represents winter, cold. Each of the four members also has his respective temperature represented on the Fahrenheit scale: Calvin Chen is at 77 degrees, Jiro Wang is at 95 degrees, Wu Zun is at 59 degrees, and Aaron Yan is at 41 degrees. represents

Wu Zun was born and raised in Brunei for most of his life, later graduating with distinction at RMIT, in Melbourne, Australia. He was introduced to the entertainment industry during a trip to Taiwan. A television producer (Ella Chen's second sister's boyfriend) discovered him during this trip, and recommended him to play the lead male role of Tokyo Juliet, which Wu accepted.

Aaron Yan moved to New York, USA at a young age but later returned to Taiwan for high school and college, currently attending Chinese Culture University. Around early 2005, Comic producers had been searching for elite bloggers around the web. They discovered Yan, who, at that time, was really popular online, and thus recommended him to go casting for a role in a drama. Yan thought it was a fraud at first, but after several tests, he realized that it was true.

After Calvin Chen graduated high school in Taiwan, he further pursued his college education in Canada, where he completed his masters degree in Economics at University of Victoria. He then further continued his life in Canada by joining a pageant-like competition (Sunshine Boyz) in Vancouver,where he won first place with a free ticket to Taiwan and a contract with a music company, as well as a role in a drama.

Jiro Wang
graduated in Taiwan's Fu-Shin College. He was first asked to join the entertainment business because of his good looks and singing talent that he showed at a singing competition. Because of company difficulties, he failed to release an album, so therefore decided to continue his career in the industry by working backstage, mainly in charge of fashion designing and other designing necessities, as well as commercial modeling. He was approached again around 2004, when his acting career began.

Although unstable at first, Fahrenheit first gained minor recognition around late 2005 when their first all together series, KO One, was broadcasted on television in Taiwan. Because it felt awkward to have only three members in a boyband, Wu Zun joined the group later in late 2005. On December 28, 2005, Fahrenheit officially became a vocal quartet boy band.

Musical career

Rise to stardom

Before Fahrenheit released their first album in September 15 of 2006, they gained minor attention as singers from contributing in several Taiwanese drama soundtracks. Their popularity immediately rose after the soundtracks were released, but was only limited to Taiwan and Mainland China. After their first album was released, their fan base had extended to Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, and the rest of Southeast Asia. Overseas fans such as from North America and Europe are also getting more familiar with them.

As soon as announcements for their debut album pre-order was released on August 30, 2006, the album broke past 10,000 copies. After its release in September 15, 2006, the album entered the G-music charts and was ranked #2. It was less than 1% below Jay Chou's Still Fantasy album, which came out two weeks prior to the release. Fahrenheit's album sold passed an impressive 80,000 copies in Taiwan within the first month. Ultimately on the G-music Mandarin Charts their album was ranked 11th for the top 20 of 2006 and stayed in the charts for 17 weeks. Their primary song, or zhuda (Chinese: 主打; pinyin: zhǔ dǎ) song, "I Have My Youth" (我有我的Young) was on Hong Kong's Global Rhythm List as the Top 16th song for weeks. Their duet with Hebe of girl group S.H.E also won them several popular awards. Fahrenheit was also the first new foreign boy band to have won third place for Best Group at Hong Kong's TVB8 Awards. Although unable to defeat their seniors S.H.E and Twins, who had won first place and second place respectively, they have beaten Hong Kong's local boy bands such as Sun Boy'z and Soler. In less than a year, Fahrenheit has already won eight awards. Despite the outburst of winning multiple awards, there had been debates where fans disagreed with the awards that they have won. The most debated topic was when Fahrenheit won HITO Music Awards 2007's Best Male Group award, arguing that Fahrenheit is too inexperienced to have won the award.

Popularity and success
With the help of starring in popular dramas, Fahrenheit has been the fastest moving boy band and has quickly gained their status as one of the top boy bands of the year in Taiwan. In within a year, they had already debuted in over 30 different magazine covers all over Asia. They make frequent appearances in Taiwan's Play and Color magazine covers. After their predecessors F4, they are the second Taiwanese boy band to hold a concert in Indonesia with only just one album released. They already held two mini concerts: one in Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia in March 31 and one in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong in April 19.

Fahrenheit attended to an opening ceremony for their new music label in Hong Kong, WOW Music, at Times Square, Hong Kong, on April 19, 2007, the same evening where they held their mini concert in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. They also attended with fellow label mate Tank as well as with other popular artists like Candy Lo and Mavis Fan. More than a thousand fans showed up at the mall, the majority being Fahrenheit's fans. There were fans who faced danger and climbed on roofs, cars, narrow roads, etc. to catch a glimpse of them. Some fans also fainted and were stepped on due to the amount of people. Over fifty security guards and ten policeman had to appear at the venue to protect Fahrenheit as well as the other artists. There were also some fans who rented vans to chase after Fahrenheit's vans. Some fans also became victims of car accidents because of this. At their mini concert in Hard Rock Cafe, the organizers had to cut down Fahrenheit's performance because the fans were going overboard and out of control. Fahrenheit expressed that they do not want their fans to do anything dangerous. Fahrenheit's company explained that if fans do not correct this behavior they will cut some of Fahrenheit's future trips to Hong Kong. Due to a satisfying popularity in Japan, Fahrenheit will make their debut in Japan on November 21, 2007 with the release of a Japanese version of "I Have My Youth". (我有我的Young)

Sponsors:

Last edited by akiechan; 12th October 2007 at 09:28 PM.
Add to akiechan's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 飛輪海 (Fahrenheit)

Major concerts
Ever since Fahrenheit's meteoric rise to stardom, HIM has been giving quite a bit exposure for Fahrenheit, such as promoting the group in two of S.H.E's major concerts in Taipei and Singapore where they were seen performing their duet with Hebe as well as their own songs. Ever since their exposure had hit the Hong Kong market their company does not want to miss this chance for more promotion for the group and is currently organizing Fahrenheit's first major concert in Hong Kong in September at the HKCEC. It was reported that they are originally going to hold a concert in Hong Kong's renowned coliseum, Hong Kong Coliseum, but because all of the performances slots are full, they have to move their concert to a different venue. The director of WOW Music expressed that Fahrenheit is currently slated for performing in the HKCEC for two to three nights. In the winter of 2008 they will debut in the Hong Kong Coliseum.

Musical style
All four members of this group have contradicting vocal ranges to complement each other when harmonizing. Wu Chun's voice ranges from within the bass to the baritone. Therefore, Wu usually harmonizes as the supporting voice but sings more in songs when they are intended for a lower key. Wu's voice can be easily distinguished from his accent. Jiro Wang's vocal ranges are less wider than Wu's, but Wang has a higher voice, closer to a more tenor approach with vocal belting techniques. His voice is the easiest to distinguish out of the four because of its nasal sound. Calvin Chen and Aaron Yan are the baritone to tenor vocalists of the group, and therefore are the predominant voices in most of their songs. Although their voices are difficult to distinguish at times, Yan's voice has a richer and higher voice and usually does the harmonizing with a vibrato while Chen's deeper and clearer voice usually does the supporting vocals. Ultimately, Yan has been acknowledged as the member with the most impressive vocal ability.

Despite having only one album release, Fahrenheit's songs mainly fall into the bubblegum pop and pop ballad category. However, songs like "Teachable Child" (孺子可教) and "Loved" (愛到) are intended for a light R&B approach. Songs similar to "The Secret of Immortality" (不死之謎) are leaning toward the pop rock and rap genre, where they displayed their ability to rap and harmonize well.
Their much anticipated 2nd album is estimated to be released around December of 2007.

For more info, plse refer to the source here

Old 12th October 2007, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
xiiaojjace is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nice one akie. i juz nw wanted create them but lazie. i noe u will sure create de. haha.

i <3 da dong aka jiro aka dong chen aka xia tian aka gui long !! haha xD

Old 12th October 2007, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xiiaojjace
i noe u will sure create de. haha.
Wah, u so sure tat i'll create one. So obvious tat i them?

Den u know i <3 who rite:devil2:

Old 12th October 2007, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
huitingsmile has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i love fei lun hai aka aaron n zun lor.. haha.. Thanks for creating this fans club thread.. haha

Old 12th October 2007, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by huitingsmile
i love fei lun hai aka aaron n zun lor.. haha.. Thanks for creating this fans club thread.. haha
HT: Me too...esp Zun

Old 13th October 2007, 12:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
[L]iyen is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ar..!!! Wu zun And Calvin chen. Shuai si le.. Haha..

[L]iyen is offline   Add to [L]iyen's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

haha no one can snatch my DA DONG hor!!! =X

cor mie 東嫂~~~ ROFL. i sotz liaos. >.<

Last edited by xiiaojjace; 13th October 2007 at 03:20 PM.
xiiaojjace is offline   Add to xiiaojjace's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 01:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
toothburs will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

飛輪海進軍日本寫真CD響頭炮

http://www.sgclub.com/singapore/cd_3...tml#post489456

toothburs is offline   Add to toothburs's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 08:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
urawks is on a distinguished road

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

how lehs??i join SHE fc ler den i oso support frh?can i join two?

urawks is offline   Add to urawks's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

can bahs.. this fanclub ish nt official de mahs.. haha~

Old 14th October 2007, 10:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by urawks
how lehs??i join SHE fc ler den i oso support frh?can i join two?
Can la as tis oso not official FC. I supposed u have the link to their actual FC?

Old 15th October 2007, 03:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

hahas..y not set up HIM fc..den all the fans can support hua yan..

Old 17th October 2007, 04:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
jovylee is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

飞轮海 comfirm coming to SHA

Pls Support S.H.E FansClub

http://www.sgclub.com/singapore/s_h_e_31415.html

Last edited by jovylee; 17th October 2007 at 04:10 AM.
jovylee is offline   Add to jovylee's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 03:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jovylee
飞轮海 comfirm coming to SHA
yeah!!i noe!!hahas..after all i bought the tic was worth it..tank coming too!!anyone gg airport..i heard they will only be coming to sg on tat day itself together with tank..alot ppl oso complain abt the frh fan gathering..if u buy the fan gathering tics..it can oso give u the entance for the awards oso..den some ppl buy liaos den now they say..so alot ppl not happy..

Old 23rd October 2007, 06:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
New SGClubber
mirukupocky is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

any lucky person here manage to get the tics for FRH private gathering after the SHA?

how i wish i could go...:cry3:

mirukupocky is offline   Add to mirukupocky's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 07:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mirukupocky
any lucky person here manage to get the tics for FRH private gathering after the SHA?

how i wish i could go...:cry3:
i won the tic on 933!!dam happy n shocked..

Old 25th October 2007, 08:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
huitingsmile has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

*envy* If i gt win jiu hao le. LOL

Old 28th October 2007, 10:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

hahas..ytd the fans gathering was so fun.they shake their butts..lols
i shouted wu zun's name n he looked smlie n wave back at me!!omg!!hahas..i shake his hand again..n took pics with them..

Old 28th October 2007, 11:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow u sho xing fu sia...................

i wan da dong................
so angry.. i hv to work.... :cry3:

xiiaojjace is offline   Add to xiiaojjace's Reputation Reply With Quote