Falun Gong in Singapore - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > International & Singapore News » Falun Gong in Singapore

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2007, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
New SGClubber
nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Falun Gong in Singapore

I just wish to share with everybody about the outright persecution and massive human right violation happening in China now. Many Falun Gong practitioners were driven from their homes while thousands are tortured and killed. This is a fact acknowledged by the United Nation but strangely neglected by mainstream media partly due to information control and diplomatic pressure from Communist China.

Here is just some of the many evidences acknowledged by the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights which are fortunately neutral and untainted by propaganda.

http://daccessdds.un.org/doc/UNDOC/G...df?OpenElement

A simpler article by human rights watch (neutral organization) can be viewed here
http://hrw.org/english/docs/2002/02/07/china3725.htm

There are many historical similarity of this present Chinese genocide to what is happening in Nazi Germany during WW2. Hitler, by using the apparatus of the state, had innocent Jews and his enemies locked up and killed in concentration camps. Propaganda machineries are used to demonize the innocent Jews based on Nazi race theory. All sort of national blames are pushed to the Jewish communities who became scapegoats and targets for hatred. In China for the past 7 year plus, the same thing had being happening. Falun Gong practitioners have their organs harvested for profits while alive when they are in concentration camps (UN proven). Propagandas are used to demonize Falungong practitioners like accusing them of burning themselves where the UN declared as false. Up till now, China refuses outside neutral groups to verify its accusations. Here is a UN link proving so (scroll down to around the 65% mark) http://www.unhchr.ch/huricane/hurica...0?opendocument

A lot of people are confused and perhaps even unhappy with the fact that why Singapore Falungong practitioners are distributing information about the ongoing genocide in China. Such actions are simply to raise awareness about the problem in China and nothing else. During Hitler’s rule, there was a group of people called the white roses (subsequently killed by the Nazis) who had distributed leaflets to increase awareness about Nazi atrocities which the aim of enlightening fellow Germans who were hoodwinked by Nazi Propaganda. This was done at a personal risk all for the sake of helping the oppressed due to the apparent lack of awareness in Singapore. What Falungong practitioners are trying to do is to raise awareness and let the world know about the truth. There must be people around to increase awareness to help the persecuted in China. Otherwise, history will repeat itself.

I hope this thread can help people understand more on this world issue. I am free to answer any queries. Thank You.

Add to nomore's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
MamaRos has a spectacular aura aboutMamaRos has a spectacular aura aboutMamaRos has a spectacular aura about

Re: Falun Gong in Singapore

Pardon my comments...but, isn't this group banned in Singapore? :handsup:

Old 16th March 2007, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Calis is a jewel in the roughCalis is a jewel in the roughCalis is a jewel in the roughCalis is a jewel in the roughCalis is a jewel in the roughCalis is a jewel in the rough

Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts

Yes, it's classified as illegal and a banned group by the Singapore government.

Calis is offline   Add to Calis's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MamaRos
Pardon my comments...but, isn't this group banned in Singapore? :handsup:
Nope it is not banned. We were legally registered in 1996 in Singapore. Falun Gong is in 60 over countries and none had banned it.

As mentioned, China banned it because of its own selfish political reasons. China is the only country in the world that banned it.

Last edited by nomore; 16th March 2007 at 05:49 PM.
nomore is offline   Add to nomore's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Calis
Yes, it's classified as illegal and a banned group by the Singapore government.
err that is not true. Here is a government web site link showing Falun Gong legal status.

https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TM...OME&isNew=true
Just click on "search for registered societies" and enter" falun buddha society" and it will show you our legal status.:biggrin4:

Again, China is the only country in the world that banned Falun Gong.

Old 16th March 2007, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Calis is a jewel in the roughCalis is a jewel in the roughCalis is a jewel in the roughCalis is a jewel in the roughCalis is a jewel in the roughCalis is a jewel in the rough

Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nomore
err that is not true. Here is a government web site link showing Falun Gong legal status.

https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TM...OME&isNew=true
Just click on "search for registered societies" and enter" falun buddha society" and it will show you our legal status.:biggrin4:

Again, China is the only country in the world that banned Falun Gong.
Societies can be easily registered by anyone, but whether it complies with corporate governance issues is another thing.

Calis is offline   Add to Calis's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 06:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Calis
Societies can be easily registered by anyone, but whether it complies with corporate governance issues is another thing.
In Singapore, if there is no compliance, the society can have its legal status struck off immediately. These 10 odd years, Falun Gong had not done anything wrong to warrant its closure.

Old 16th March 2007, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
finaldust will become famous soon enoughfinaldust will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

lol china scare to disclose too much of their "things" that why they ban it bah

to maintain it, is 'better said than done'
to break off, is 'easier said than done'
to remain friends after u broke off, is never possible
to forget the memories is 'always doing but never succeeding'
to heal the pain within is hard and tough and never near simple
but one has to try to heal your own heart...
finaldust is offline   Add to finaldust's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 07:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by finaldust
lol china scare to disclose too much of their "things" that why they ban it bah
Because the Chinese government is communist, they just want to clamp down on any group of people as proven by their history. Falun Gong is just a Qigong exercise which advocate the advancement of spiritual improvement and moral level. Even this is ban....

To be honest, I believe most people cannot even tell the difference between Falun Gong and Taichi. :speechless: Why is Taichi not banned in China? It is obviously politically motivated because there are too many people practicing Falun Gong. Thats all.

Old 16th March 2007, 09:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
MamaRos has a spectacular aura aboutMamaRos has a spectacular aura aboutMamaRos has a spectacular aura about

So, is this thread lobbying for support or what?

If you are a martial art school then you register as a martial art school. But if there is religious teachings behind the organization and martial art is part of that organization then that is different becos like Shao Lin, there are monks with 20 -30 years of experience in the martial art to teach new recruits. There must be transparency I guess.

Also the organization must not be anti-government in their teachings or else they will be classified as a cult.

Old 16th March 2007, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So, is this thread lobbying for support or what?

If you are a martial art school then you register as a martial art school. But if there is religious teachings behind the organization and martial art is part of that organization then that is different becos like Shao Lin, there are monks with 20 -30 years of experience in the martial art to teach new recruits. There must be transparency I guess.

Also the organization must not be anti-government in their teachings or else they will be classified as a cult.
Nope, this is not lobbying for support. I am just trying to inform people and let more people know about it. Thats all. Hopefully, I can also clear up some misunderstandings.

We are not a martial arts school. There is no politics in the teaching and no anti-government elements. We are just trying to stop the communist party in China from killing innocent Falun Gong practitioners. We are not allowed to participate in politics.

Old 16th March 2007, 10:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
rice is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nomore
Falun Gong is just a Qigong exercise which advocate the advancement of spiritual improvement and moral level. Even this is ban....
I remembered reading such news that members get internal injuries after practising it.
Wonder if that's true?

Old 16th March 2007, 11:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
burtonho1990 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

heh looks weird to me

Old 16th March 2007, 11:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rice
I remembered reading such news that members get internal injuries after practising it.
Wonder if that's true?
HaHa, our moves are so slow that I don't think you can injure yourself. We don't control our breathing. There is no such thing as internal injuries. All these are from pugilist novels.....

Perhaps, you had read about some unfair reports from China. The communist party in China had being on a demonising Falun Gong campaign for years. But think of this, there is nearly a 100 mil people practicing it. If can get internal injuries who will learn it? So many people practice because of its reported benefits to health. Moreover, its free! :mellow3:

Old 16th March 2007, 11:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by burtonho1990
heh looks weird to me
Which part is weird?

Old 17th March 2007, 11:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

I am sorry but I am very blunt with my words. I just feel that this thread is not so much as to garner sympathy for Falun Gong practitioners in China (what can we do about China's policies, huh?) but to spread information about this society. The TS sounded very enthusiastic about his being a member and perhaps hope to interest others to join? :handsup:

I checked his profile and THIS is the only thread he started and all his posts are here.

:shifty3:

Last edited by MamaRos; 17th March 2007 at 11:24 AM.
MamaRos is offline   Add to MamaRos's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 11:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
akiechan is on a distinguished roadakiechan is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds to me like recruiting new mbrs here.

If not banned in Singapore, why we keep hearing news tat tis group of ppl getting trouble with our law?

Old 17th March 2007, 11:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
funnysnow has a spectacular aura aboutfunnysnow has a spectacular aura aboutfunnysnow has a spectacular aura aboutfunnysnow has a spectacular aura about

I am curious about this though.. Never heard about this before..

Old 17th March 2007, 11:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
rice is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am sorry but I am very blunt with my words. I just feel that this thread is not so much as to garner sympathy for Falun Gong practitioners in China (what can we do about China's policies, huh?) but to spread information about this society. The TS sounded very enthusiastic about his being a member and perhaps hope to interest others to join? :handsup:

I checked his profile and THIS is the only thread he started and all his posts are here.

I've also viewed his profile earlier on, and seems that he is here to promote the group.

Falun Gong hijacks HK satellite
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2004-11-22 22:03

A Hong Kong based satellite company accused on Sunday the Falun Gong cult, that has been outlawed on the Chinese mainland, of hijacking its satellite and disrupting its normal signal sending.

"At 8:06 pm on Saturday, malicious signals containing Falun Gong promotion contents intercepted the K7V transponder aboard the AsiaSat 3S satellite of the company. We were forced to shut it down at 8:19 pm on Saturday till 12:35 am on Sunday," a statement released by the Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd (AsiaSat) said.

As a result, the normal broadcast by the Beijing Municipal TV and the Tianjin Municipal TV, which chartered the transponder according to commercial contracts, were disrupted and had to be stopped, it said.

"The act of attacking a civil satellite has seriously violated international pacts on telecommunications and internationally recognized norms. The normal satellite telecommunications order was broken, which brought great harm to our company's commercial benefit and reputation.

"We strongly condemn the ill-intention signal interfering act and reserve the right to bring the illegal act to justice," said the company.

AsiaSat is a Hong Kong-based company that has listed in both Hong Kong and the United States.
The above article is what I saw 2 years ago.
No offence but just to highlight.

Old 17th March 2007, 12:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No it ok. My intention is just to let more people know about the issue. Preaching is not my intention. Although we can do nothing about China policy, I just wish to let people know and perhaps understand Falun Gong better.