Ferrari will QUIT Formula 1 if FIA continues with budget cap! - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Sports Forum » Ferrari will QUIT Formula 1 if FIA continues with budget cap!

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2009, 05:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
W1ll will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ferrari will QUIT Formula 1 if FIA continues with budget cap!

Ferrari will quit Formula One at the end of this season, if plans for a budget cap for 2010 are not abandoned.

This was confirmed via a statement issued last night by the Italian team.

Earlier on, Toyota and Red Bull, had also threatened not to enter next year's championship unless the new rules published by the FIA are changed.

The world governing body headed by Max Mosley, wants to introduce an optional US$60 million dollar budget cap next year, to encourage new teams to enter.

The plan would allow capped teams to operate with far greater technical freedom, than those continuing with unlimited budgets.

But Ferrari believes, the new cap system will create a 2-tier championship that could be "fundamentally unfair and perhaps even biased".

The FIA has set a deadline of May 29 for teams wishing to compete in 2010, to submit entries and state whether they want a cap or not.

Ferrari has been with Formula 1 since the very 1st championship in 1950.

http://938live.sg/portal/site/938Liv...00e101000aRCRD

Sponsors:
Add to W1ll's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 06:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Account Suspended
ValkyrieLenneth is a jewel in the roughValkyrieLenneth is a jewel in the rough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Ferrari will QUIT Formula 1 if FIA continues with budget cap!

lol where got fun when u win with unlimited budgets

ValkyrieLenneth is offline   Add to ValkyrieLenneth's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well tats how winners do things ... no $ = cant produce something more better. ppl tend to look forward then look back for solutions

W1ll is offline   Add to W1ll's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to behold

Liked 90 Times in 62 Posts

Ferrari is holding the organizers by the neck and rightly so. People do come to watch expensive and top of the line vehicles speeding in circles.

Lancelot is offline   Add to Lancelot's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 07:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
DestinyAthrun is a jewel in the roughDestinyAthrun is a jewel in the rough

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

no Ferrari , means well.. a lot of things...

Old 16th May 2009, 08:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

haha maybe tats the plan by the organize to let Ferrari quit the game.

Old 16th May 2009, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
lousydk is a jewel in the roughlousydk is a jewel in the rough

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

well
it is also quite fair for new teams

but if Ferrari go wont it be strange

lousydk is offline   Add to lousydk's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 11:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to behold

Liked 90 Times in 62 Posts

Ferrari is essentially part of the establishment, and frankly, letting Ferrarri go would also mean losing many sponsors and audiences.

Lancelot is offline   Add to Lancelot's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 03:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
nuriko_sankc will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dun like the limited budget cap.. means even if u go over by $1 later they(any team) disqualified how??
I forsee more drama..
Now need money to further develop newer systems.. then cap the budget how to work?!

Old 17th May 2009, 05:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well so the organizer is like slapping their own face when the strong wans to pull out, well let see if they stand or give way

Old 17th May 2009, 05:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
shypineapple is a jewel in the roughshypineapple is a jewel in the rough

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

If Ferrari really goes, I won't watch F1 anymore. I swear.

I dream about you when I sleep.
shypineapple is offline   Add to shypineapple's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F1 teams to meet Mosley again on Friday

MONACO - Formula One teams will meet FIA president Max Mosley Friday with champions Ferrari and other manufacturers threatening to walk away from the sport at the end of the season.

The meeting, which team sources said would be on Renault team boss Flavio Briatore's luxury yacht at the Monaco Grand Prix, will be the second in eight days between the teams and head of the governing International Automobile Federation to try to resolve the crisis.

Friday is a rest day for the Formula One teams ahead of Sunday's race.

The teams, some of whom attempted to stage a walkout at the last meeting in London, face a May 29 deadline to sign up for the 2010 championship but Formula One's commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone doubted many would do so.

"We'll have to wait and see. I think the majority probably won't put an entry in," he told Reuters.

Toyota, champions Ferrari, Renault and the two Red Bull teams all say they cannot sign up for 2010 unless the regulations, which include an optional 40 million pound budget cap, are rewritten.

"There is a high probability that we won't enter before the deadline," Toyota motorsport president John Howett told Reuters.

"If nothing changes I don't think that professionally it is possible to commit the company to do that. I can't recommend that in my position."

FERRARI OPPOSITION

Although Mosley and Ecclestone have said they expect all teams to compete under the same regulations, the cap would give those teams accepting it greater technical freedom than others remaining on unrestricted budgets.

Ferrari say the budget cap and the sort of new entrants attracted by it would reduce Formula One, the pinnacle of motorsport, to the level of a junior series.

"If Formula One becomes Formula Three, we won't race," Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said Thursday.

The Italian glamour team failed to secure an injunction in a French court Wednesday to stop the FIA introducing the changes.

Ecclestone said the situation worried him.

"We don't want to lose Ferrari," he said. "I hope it's unlikely. I am concerned, I don't want them leaving. I don't think anybody does."

Some of the team bosses, appearing at a news conference after practice, agreed.

"I think that all teams want to make sure that everybody remains in Formula One. I don't think anybody wants to see a team depart from Formula One, Ferrari included," said Force India's Vijay Mallya.

BMW-Sauber's Mario Theissen added: "I think we need to work out a solution. Formula One is a very strong brand, a very strong platform. The stakeholders are benefiting from it, so there is really no point in destroying that platform."

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/200905...s-81ea673.html

Old 24th May 2009, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F1 Teams united, but no agreement with FIA

MONTE CARLO (AFP) - - After a day of talks, Formula One's teams and their governing body failed to reach agreement Friday on plans to cut costs and revise plans for a budget cap next year.

The teams convened on Renault boss Flavio Briatore's super-yacht Blue Force for more than two hours in the afternoon and then, having agreed to remain united, met Max Mosley, president of the ruling body, the International Motoring Federation (FIA).

But after another long meeting of nearly three hours, FOTA, led by Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo, said they had not been able to reach any accord with Mosley on what to do in 2010.

Mosley is insistent that the sport adopts a strategy for cost-cutting and believes his proposal for a budget cap of 40 million pounds is the only sensible approach on the table.

The teams reject this and believe Mosley's plan must be rejected, reconsidered and replaced by a superior proposal that they have all agreed to adopt.

Di Montezemolo said: "It was a long and constructive meeting. FOTA will have another meeting tomorrow (Saturday) and then there will be another meeting with Mosley.

"What we want is that Formula One stays as Formula One, that it doesn't become something different and go towards constant changes which confuse the public.

"We think that there should be stability and that we work over the next two years to arrive at a way of further reducing costs."

Mosley said: "It was a good constructive meeting. The discussions are ongoing. They are the same issues, as before, but I am hopeful there will be an agreement."

Ferrari, Toyota, Renault, Red Bull and Toro Rosso have all said they will not take part in 2010 unless the rules are changed.

The teams have until May 29 to lodge their entries for 2010. Those who miss the deadline face a probable fine, if they later wish to rejoin, providing there is space left on the grid after the FIA has examined and accepted entries from new teams wishing to fill the vacancies.

Brawn GP's chief executive officer Nick Fry said: "Proposals were made on both sides and common ground was found -- so I'm sure there will be more discussions.

"It was a good meeting and everyone's made some progress. I think it will be done this weekend."

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/2009052...i-5820418.html

You can also send me a private message(pm) if you face any problem or need any help. Will try my best to assist or help. This is my link http://www.sgclub.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=71281 You have to clock 10 signatures or so b4 you can start to pm users in here