Fewer motorists feel safe on roads in Singapore: survey - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > International & Singapore News » Fewer motorists feel safe on roads in Singapore: survey

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2014, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts
Fewer motorists feel safe on roads in Singapore: survey

AXA survey finds three out of five motorists feel that driving in Singapore has become more unsafe.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...e/1135676.html

SINGAPORE: Compared with three years ago, fewer motorists feel safe on the roads in Singapore, a survey of more than 450 drivers showed.

In 2011, the AXA Road User Behaviour Survey found that 73 per cent of respondents perceived Singapore roads to be safe when it came to the risk of being involved in an accident. This dropped to 55 per cent this year, according to the latest survey which was released on Tuesday (June 3).

The survey, commissioned by AXA Insurance Singapore in February, found that 62 per cent of the respondents felt that driving has become, on the whole, more unsafe, compared with the previous years. An “increase of aggressive drivers” was cited as the top reason.

Although a majority of drivers believed the roads are unsafe, they also admitted to engaging in dangerous behaviour themselves, with 59 per cent of respondents citing “going through an amber light” as their most frequent behaviour.

To promote safety awareness, the AXA Drive mobile application was launched on Tuesday and can be downloaded for free from the Apple iTunes Store and Google Play Store.

It assesses one’s driving behaviour by looking into acceleration, braking and turning of the vehicle.

-TODAY/cy

Sponsors:

Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Eugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 42 Times in 40 Posts
Re: Fewer motorists feel safe on roads in Singapore: survey

Not just aggressive drivers.

Drivers who are very blur. I.e. they change lane without checking mirrors. Yesterday got one. Must be really very blur driver because my white pickup truck (and yes my headlights were on) should be quite easy to spot in the side mirrors especially at that near distance. So I jam brake and horn lor.

Drivers who don't turn on their headlights. Quite a lot of them these days. And yes these guys tend to drive quite aggressively too. Worse is if their cars are black-coloured. At night really quite hard to see them coming.

No, I don't really feel safe driving on Singapore roads. But it's part of my job and I'm pretty much behind the wheel most of the time. So have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Eugenechia1989 is offline   Add to Eugenechia1989's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
JetGrey is just really niceJetGrey is just really niceJetGrey is just really nice

Liked 181 Times in 129 Posts

They say they feel unsafe on the roads, but they also admit they engage in dangerous behaviours while driving. Bloody hypocrites.

JetGrey is offline   Add to JetGrey's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 11:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Eugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 42 Times in 40 Posts

I ought to add that somehow I think that commercial vehicle drivers and bus drivers tend to be better drivers. Most of the times I had to brake suddenly / swerve suddenly / blow my horn it was at private car drivers and taxi drivers. Then again maybe it's because I also drive commercial vehicles. Maybe they aren't as nice to car drivers / taxi drivers. But even when I drive my father's car, it's the same observation.

And those merging lanes? For some reason luxury car drivers love to squeeze through on the left. Freaking annoying... Force me to squeeze to the right. What's the rush?

Eugenechia1989 is offline   Add to Eugenechia1989's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sunnyncool is a jewel in the roughsunnyncool is a jewel in the rough

Liked 113 Times in 98 Posts

I would say motorists today are unreasonable and have little regard for human life. They insist on having their ways regardless of whether it is right or wrong or safe or unsafe. They would become aggressive and reckless when they don't get their way.

sunnyncool is offline   Add to sunnyncool's Reputation Reply With Quote