Do you find some employers here are too picky? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Workplace and Business Forum » Do you find some employers here are too picky?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th July 2015, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
loner_ranger will become famous soon enough

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Do you find some employers here are too picky?

A month ago, I went to a MNC for interview for a position which role is similar to my current job and I am working in the same industry as the company that I went for interview and the interview went well but in the end I did not get shortlisted to the 2nd round of interview. And a few days ago they reposted the job opening again on jobsites which might means either their turnover rate is very high or they still can't find a candidates of the choices. In fact that job opening have been there on and off since March while my friend who was working iin that company referred me to that job in early June.

Not as if I am picky as my expected salary is within their range ($2.7K to $2.8K for a diploma holder with 8 years+ of relevant experiences and their salary range is $2.2K to $3.2K) and I have expressed my enthusiasm, interests in the jobscope and willingless to learn new things and pick up new skills and willingless to do 'sai kang' aka administrative works and some more I was being referred to the job by my friend who holds a mid-managerial position in that company. And the position for that job is not those senior executives or managerial positions but just an Assistant Engineer while I am currently holding a position of engineer drawing similar pay and I have stated that I don't mind starting as an assistant engineer again.

Some might say I sounds desperate for the job but the thing is, I am interested in the jobscope of that job as it is similar and relevant to what I am doing in my current job. (I love my current job to be honest but for some reasons it is better for my career prospects to leave my current job) since I would like to continue my role in another company but too bad I am not shortlisted.

I do applied for other jobs at the same time but I was yet to be called by them for interviews except for a very small SME with less than 10 employees and furthermore out of so many jobs I applied I prefer this job the most and it is not because of monetary reasons.

If there are better candidates than me I concurred but it seems like most likely the hiring manager is very picky when selecting candidates since the job postings have reappeared on and off since March and all of us who went for interview for the same time got rejected.

I am not saying that I am a 100% perfect candidate as one always have to learn new things when going into a new job despite having relevant experiences and skillsets but then if they have difficuities finding a 100% perfect candidate why not give those who are the most qualified for the job a chance to prove themselves?

Sponsors:

Last edited by loner_ranger; 25th July 2015 at 11:01 AM.
Add to loner_ranger's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 12:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Benson has a spectacular aura about

Liked 67 Times in 61 Posts
Re: Do you find some employers here are too picky?

Which company is that?

Are they looking for Superman?

Old 27th July 2015, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Adelinnne will become famous soon enough

Liked 17 Times in 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Which company is that?

i think most people want a superman in their mind.

Adelinnne is offline   Add to Adelinnne's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Which company is that?

I won't reveal the company but it is a European MNC in engineeeing sector with many job openings in job portals currently - either directly or through recruitment agents.

Old 27th July 2015, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

I have discussed this issue wth my friends just now and they suspects that the employer have no intentions to fill the 'vacancies' and their intention is to do 'data mining' - gathering our informations like salary for survey purposes or keeping a list of applicant informations for future uses in which I believe might be possible.

If the company is indeed urgent of manpower they can't have the luxury to be so picky isn't it? Not saying that they should anyhow select applicants for hiring but by common senses they would have selected those who came close to it isn't it? And furthermore it is not some senior position which needs extra evaluation on applicants.

I am not saying that they are entitled to offer me the position but if it is a genuine hiring and I am one of the top candidates should I deserve a chance to prove myself?

Also it makes no senses for a position, even with multiple vacancies, to keep on looking for people for several months isn't it? Unless the turnover rate there is high lor.

Old 27th July 2015, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Liked 397 Times in 313 Posts

well, if they are not urgent to find someone, they have all the time to be picky and to try to find the best.....