Getting my driving license route. - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Automobile Forum » Getting my driving license route.

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2012, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
TeaBag1990 is on a distinguished road

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Getting my driving license route.

HI EVERYONE!

Ok firstly the main point to create this thread is i need some guidance on getting my driving license.
And since i wanna keep a record and share with everyone " If they going to get their licence " they can get some tips from this thread which everyone will share their point.

So you can post whatever you want " But please DO NOT post anything that will break the rules of this forum "

So yea I enrolled in CDC.
Passed my BTT.
Booked my FTT.
Got my PDL yesterday.
Updated my PDL Today.
Booked my FIRST EVER Driving Lesson Tomorrow. ( Siao liao i so kan chiong man!! )
I dont even know which Car Number i will be driving. Dont even know which place to meet the instructor. ( Choose to Learn in School + NO Fix Instructor )

So well tomorrow time to play Boomba Car liao. ( The worry i have now is i scare the Car become turtle )

Well i looks like a blur kuku huh? So if anyone is Pursing/Got their license please help me on tips.

Thanks in advances and really hope i can get my licence fast

Sponsors:
Add to TeaBag1990's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
xersion has a spectacular aura about

Liked 39 Times in 38 Posts
Re: Getting my driving license route.

auto or manual?

auto is just like go kart quite easy to get used to it

Old 1st November 2012, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xersion View Post
auto or manual?

auto is just like go kart quite easy to get used to it
Manual

TeaBag1990 is offline   Add to TeaBag1990's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
logging off
typeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to behold

Liked 312 Times in 239 Posts

wow.. haha. Cherish this moment of curiosity and exploring something new, it is a good feeling. I was very intrigued when I first started driving and it was so fun. For now just enjoy operating the controls and gear, and getting the timing right. If u have specific questions can always post back here ^^

In the later stages you'll find that driving is not only about yourself but ensuring that you integrate well with the other road users.

and so on to viscosity.
typeX is offline   Add to typeX's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Weztimonial is just really niceWeztimonial is just really nice

Liked 81 Times in 69 Posts

Have fun i can't play the circuit anymore

Flickr
+1 REP if you think my post is AWESOME!
Weztimonial is offline   Add to Weztimonial's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by typeX View Post
wow.. haha. Cherish this moment of curiosity and exploring something new, it is a good feeling. I was very intrigued when I first started driving and it was so fun. For now just enjoy operating the controls and gear, and getting the timing right. If u have specific questions can always post back here ^^

In the later stages you'll find that driving is not only about yourself but ensuring that you integrate well with the other road users.
Woah you also learning? Which driving centre? Seen anyone doing turtle yet?

Originally Posted by Weztimonial View Post
Have fun i can't play the circuit anymore
Play circuit? By the way i've lost ALL my driving book which i just got it not long ago when enrollment
Got a basic theory book and final theory book from my boss.
But i remember there is 2 more for driving. ( i don't know what's the content inside , Totally new and lost it )

Old 1st November 2012, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
logging off
typeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to behold

Liked 312 Times in 239 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaBag1990 View Post
Woah you also learning? Which driving centre? Seen anyone doing turtle yet?
lol.. i got my licence in 2005 from bbdc, just saying that i can still remember my first lessons.

Only seen a couple of turtle cars before but they were on the road.. don't worry in the driving school you are very safe, unless you are aiming to be the first.
The worst is a light collision, but mounting curb is very common.

and so on to viscosity.
typeX is offline   Add to typeX's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 02:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
TheLastEchelon will become famous soon enough

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

I am also enrolled under CDC, but I am taking the test as a private candidate..

Driving test next month end..

Old 1st November 2012, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by typeX View Post
lol.. i got my licence in 2005 from bbdc, just saying that i can still remember my first lessons.

Only seen a couple of turtle cars before but they were on the road.. don't worry in the driving school you are very safe, unless you are aiming to be the first.
The worst is a light collision, but mounting curb is very common.
ops im sorry. Wa 7 years of driving experience already

Originally Posted by TheLastEchelon View Post
I am also enrolled under CDC, but I am taking the test as a private candidate..

Driving test next month end..
Woah thats great!! wish you best best best of luck for your TP!!! JIA YOU!!

Old 1st November 2012, 11:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Eugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 42 Times in 40 Posts

Heh... Currently a learner driver also but almost at the TP stage as far as how many practical lessons I've covered. Only issue is driving test slots are so hard to come by. The earliest ones available are in Feb 2013, and for those, the only ones I'm free to go are during the morning peak hour... So since it's the same topic, maybe I could ask this here... Should I risk taking my driving test during peak hour? I'm at BBDC by the way. Not sure if peak hour there is as bad as city area. Later fail and waste $200...

Last edited by Eugenechia1989; 2nd November 2012 at 01:04 AM.
Eugenechia1989 is offline   Add to Eugenechia1989's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 11:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Weztimonial is just really niceWeztimonial is just really nice

Liked 81 Times in 69 Posts

Bbdc take the time slot round 11-3pm I think. That's the time I took my tp. Finished all in 20 minutes not many cars.

I think taking license now gotta wait wait wait wait. Lucky I've got mine already.

Flickr
+1 REP if you think my post is AWESOME!
Weztimonial is offline   Add to Weztimonial's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
TheLastEchelon will become famous soon enough

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Woah thats great!! wish you best best best of luck for your TP!!! JIA YOU!!
Thanks . All the best for your FTT too ~

Old 2nd November 2012, 12:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Mr.J will become famous soon enough

Liked 23 Times in 23 Posts

Yo That great good luck to u haha

I just pass my TP on 30oct 2012 haha!!

1 time pass so good luck to u

Mr.J is offline   Add to Mr.J's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 01:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
sgcitizen will become famous soon enough

Liked 37 Times in 36 Posts

HI EVERYONE!

Ok firstly the main point to create this thread is i need some guidance on getting my driving license.
And since i wanna keep a record and share with everyone " If they going to get their licence " they can get some tips from this thread which everyone will share their point.

So you can post whatever you want " But please DO NOT post anything that will break the rules of this forum "

So yea I enrolled in CDC.
Passed my BTT.
Booked my FTT.
Got my PDL yesterday.
Updated my PDL Today.
Booked my FIRST EVER Driving Lesson Tomorrow. ( Siao liao i so kan chiong man!! )
I dont even know which Car Number i will be driving. Dont even know which place to meet the instructor. ( Choose to Learn in School + NO Fix Instructor )

So well tomorrow time to play Boomba Car liao. ( The worry i have now is i scare the Car become turtle )

Well i looks like a blur kuku huh? So if anyone is Pursing/Got their license please help me on tips.

Thanks in advances and really hope i can get my licence fast
Dear SGClubber,

Welcome to SGClub!

I would like to share some important point with you before you go for your TP test.

Basically, you will need to complete all your practical lesson before you can go for TP test.

There are two kind of practical lesson: One is on road. And the other one is on circuit.

If you are private student, you will be pay lesser for your practical lesson. And if you did very well in your circuit and on road driving, your instructor might refer you to go for TP test straight away after you just have completed only a few of practical lesson only.
In other word, you can take shortcut to go for your TP test.

But if you are enrolled in school, then you will need to pay a little bit more for your practical lesson. No matter how you do well in your driving, you will still need to complete all the cycle of practical lesson before you can process to TP.
But if you go for circuit driving, you do not need to pay extra $22 for the circuit road. Because the school already provided for you.

The things I have mentioned above are just for you to calculate your budget before you made your decision to enroll as a private student or a school student.

After you completed all your practical lesson, you will be process for TP test, which is so called Traffic Police Test.

If you fail your TP test, you will need to book for another TP test.

Each of the test cost you more than $200, which is very expensive. The money you have spent on your TP test will be drained if you fail your test.

So take every each of the practical lesson and TP test seriously and do all your best on it,

Here are some important I would like you to take note when you go for your TP test:

1) Always check your left or right before you turn your vehicle.

2) Always check the blind spot by turning your head over to see before you park your vehicle into any parking slot, regardless of parallel parking or vertical parking.

3) When you move out your vehicle from parking slot, always make sure that your shoulder align to the edge of kerb before you turn. For vertical parking, always make sure that the edge of kerb reach the half of your vehicle before you turn.

4) When you stop your vehicle on slope, always make sure that you pull your handbrake tightly first, then release the clutch slowly until you feel the biting point, and then accelerate your vehicle.

Those are only a few of thing to take note. The rest you will be learning it during your driving lesson.

Good luck to you.

TeaBag1990 (2nd November 2012)
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sgcitizen View Post
Dear SGClubber,

Welcome to SGClub!

I would like to share some important point with you before you go for your TP test.

Basically, you will need to complete all your practical lesson before you can go for TP test.

There are two kind of practical lesson: One is on road. And the other one is on circuit.

If you are private student, you will be pay lesser for your practical lesson. And if you did very well in your circuit and on road driving, your instructor might refer you to go for TP test straight away after you just have completed only a few of practical lesson only.
In other word, you can take shortcut to go for your TP test.

But if you are enrolled in school, then you will need to pay a little bit more for your practical lesson. No matter how you do well in your driving, you will still need to complete all the cycle of practical lesson before you can process to TP.
But if you go for circuit driving, you do not need to pay extra $22 for the circuit road. Because the school already provided for you.

The things I have mentioned above are just for you to calculate your budget before you made your decision to enroll as a private student or a school student.

After you completed all your practical lesson, you will be process for TP test, which is so called Traffic Police Test.

If you fail your TP test, you will need to book for another TP test.

Each of the test cost you more than $200, which is very expensive. The money you have spent on your TP test will be drained if you fail your test.

So take every each of the practical lesson and TP test seriously and do all your best on it,

Here are some important I would like you to take note when you go for your TP test:

1) Always check your left or right before you turn your vehicle.

2) Always check the blind spot by turning your head over to see before you park your vehicle into any parking slot, regardless of parallel parking or vertical parking.

3) When you move out your vehicle from parking slot, always make sure that your shoulder align to the edge of kerb before you turn. For vertical parking, always make sure that the edge of kerb reach the half of your vehicle before you turn.

4) When you stop your vehicle on slope, always make sure that you pull your handbrake tightly first, then release the clutch slowly until you feel the biting point, and then accelerate your vehicle.

Those are only a few of thing to take note. The rest you will be learning it during your driving lesson.

Good luck to you.
Woah! THANKS FOR YOU GREAT TIP!!!
As for school/private i've already booked School Instructor already.
Cause from what i've heard " School got priority " my target is to get my license before CNY =X " Which is impossible "
Due to " Money,Time,Slow Learner "

Later end work need go for my FIRST EVER practical lesson "
I not worry about Banging,Curb. " More of worrying being a turtle later "

Well there will always someone breaking the record anyway

From what i know is " Go inside the car, Adjust car sit , Wear sit belt , Start engine , Adjust both side mirror and rear mirror , Signal left/right , Press brake , Handbreak down, Clutch in , Gear 1 , Check left right , " Clear - Press accelerator pedal slowly release clutch , turn left/right "

Thats all i know the rest is either BANG car or press full accelerator TO THE MAX

Old 2nd November 2012, 01:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

I GOT A QUESTION!!!

As because today is my first lesson, When the lesson end " will the instructor park the car for me? "
OR no i must park myself?
Cause i don't even know how to control a car yet

Sorry for the last min question, I feel so stupid

Old 2nd November 2012, 02:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Eugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 42 Times in 40 Posts

Yay, booked a slot outside of peak hours.

I doubt they'll make you do any parking until you've covered the lesson on parking. At BBDC the parking lesson is part of the circuit stage which is after the public roads stage. From my experience, driving on public roads is easier than in the circuit. Circuit need to act fast... must be able to change lanes quickly and all that. Plus all the narrow courses to test your vehicle control and handling.

Let me give you a tip... once you are quite close to the final stage, and can sort of predict when your last lesson will be, straightaway go and book driving test... Don't do like I did. Wait and wait until end up very few slots to choose from. Hence my previous post. Luckily some better slots appeared overnight for me.

Last edited by Eugenechia1989; 2nd November 2012 at 02:09 PM.
Eugenechia1989 is offline   Add to Eugenechia1989's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
sgcitizen will become famous soon enough

Liked 37 Times in 36 Posts

From what i know is " Go inside the car, Adjust car sit , Wear sit belt , Start engine , Adjust both side mirror and rear mirror , Signal left/right , Press brake , Handbreak down, Clutch in , Gear 1 , Check left right , " Clear - Press accelerator pedal slowly release clutch , turn left/right "
This is only a basic fundamental of driving manual vehicle.

But it is good that you can remember to apply all the step before you move your vehicle on road.

There are few more thing to take note when you are driving on road:

1) Use gear 1 to gear 4 only. Do not use gear 5, unless your instructor/tester ask you to do so.

2) When appoach traffic junction, release your accelerator and let your vehicle roll by itself, then re-accelerate when your vehicle land on the first arrow of the lane.
Because traffic light may change anytime. If you accelerate all the way, you won't be able to stop your vehicle on time if the traffic light changed.

3) Always remember to give signal before you turn your vehicle.

4) If you are on a junction with two or more 'right turn lane', always remember to move your vehicle to the most left side of the 'right turn lane'.

5) Always check your left and right before you change lane or do any turning.

6) Always move your vehicle to the most left side of the lane, unless you are going to do a right turn or U-turn ahead.

7) Change lane in advance if there are any road hazard ahead.

As because today is my first lesson, When the lesson end " will the instructor park the car for me? "
OR no i must park myself?
Cause i don't even know how to control a car yet
The instructor will not park the vehicle for you. Most likely they will only guide you during when you are doing the parking.

Parking are more likely need to depend on your +- judgement, which is also your eyes judgement.

Don't worry about this. You will learn all the parking technique from your instructor when you come across to your circuit driving.

If you wish to park your vehicle using your +- judgement, then you should apply this step:

Use your shoulder position as an alignment. Move your vehicle to the distance length of 'Two car + 1 foot length' away across from your parking slot before you reverse turning all the way into your parking slot.

This is a secret tactic. I hope it helps you.

Last edited by sgcitizen; 2nd November 2012 at 10:27 PM.
sgcitizen is offline   Add to sgcitizen's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 09:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Eugenechia1989 View Post
Yay, booked a slot outside of peak hours.

I doubt they'll make you do any parking until you've covered the lesson on parking. At BBDC the parking lesson is part of the circuit stage which is after the public roads stage. From my experience, driving on public roads is easier than in the circuit. Circuit need to act fast... must be able to change lanes quickly and all that. Plus all the narrow courses to test your vehicle control and handling.

Let me give you a tip... once you are quite close to the final stage, and can sort of predict when your last lesson will be, straightaway go and book driving test... Don't do like I did. Wait and wait until end up very few slots to choose from. Hence my previous post. Luckily some better slots appeared overnight for me.
IM BACK ALIVE!!! Hahaha yup i totally agree with you on the public road & circuit.
Next post i will give a simple write-up about the problem i face .

Originally Posted by sgcitizen View Post
This is only a basic fundamental of driving manual vehicle.

But it is good that you can remember to apply all the step before you move your vehicle on road.

There are few more thing to take note when you are driving on road:

1) Use gear 1 to gear 4 only. Do not use gear 5, unless your instructor/tester ask you to do so.

2) When appoach traffic junction, release your accelerator and let your vehicle roll by itself, then re-accelerate when your vehicle land on the first arrow of the lane.
Because traffic light may change anytime. If you accelerate all the way, you won't be able to stop your vehicle on time if the traffic light changed.

3) Always remember to give signal before you turn your vehicle.

4) If you are on a junction with two or more 'right turn lane', always remember to move your vehicle to the most left side of the 'right turn lane'.

5) Always check your left and right before you change lane or do any turning.

6) Always move your vehicle to the most left side of the lane, unless you are going to do a right turn or U-turn ahead.

7) Change lane in advance if there are any road hazard ahead.

The instructor will not park the vehicle for you. Most likely they will only guide you during when you are doing the parking.

Parking are more likely need to depend on your +- judgement, which is also your eyes judgement.

Don't worry about this. You will learn all the parking technique from your instructor when you come across to your circuit driving.

If you wish to park your vehicle using your +- judgement, then you should apply this step:

Use your shoulder position as an alignment. Move your vehicle to the distance length of 'Two car + 1 foot length' away across from your parking slot before you reverse turning all the way into your parking slot.

This is a secret tactic. I hope it helps you.
THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT TIPS!!!!
But i still dont understand the parking tips you mention.
Another problem i face is when in yellow box " i tend to estimate wrong and go behide the car then end up im inside the yellow box "

Old 5th November 2012, 10:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

A fast write-up before my boss come back

FRIDAY, First lesson instructor verbal teach me all the buttons inside the car.
After 5mins ask me change sit with him. then go forward and reverse 1 time. then go in circuit less then 15mins.
After all the above which is less then 30mins inside the driving centre. Instructor say " let's go out "
Then all the way outside public road till the last 10mins in circuit " When up curb 1 time "
After that lesson end. instructor give me 4 chop only T_T. " he say school no matter what cant chop too much , got limit de "
So regret lor i choose school

SATURDAY , Secound lesson, Instructor inside drive me inside circuit for 10mins, Then revise on the Sharp Bend in circuit. Then 3 try no up curb.
Instructor ask me go another bend which is like left turn "less then 80 Degree bend .
2 Try no up curb " instructor say " Ok ma so sharp also can bend why he no give you pass? "
I say yesterday night inside circuit cannot open light so cant estimate the bend.
Then he ask me change sit and he drive me out of the school. " I was thinking why he dont let me drive out "
When out then change back sit and i drive again. Then ask me when 1/2 bend ask me gear up to 2. Then go straight abit go gear 3 then 4. " Mistake i made is keep on over 50mph " then learn break cause i keep break very hard. After that left 5mins go back to school.
Back to school ask me to Straight front parking
Lucky signal right check blind spot straight go in sharp and nice.
Then break , clutch change N gear , hand break , ENGINE OFF.

Then instructor give me 3 CHOPS

So well thats all for 2 lesson of cause there is more i learn but i no time to write " scare boss suddenly come back "

Today will be Third lesson let's hope for more CHOPS!!!!

Overall problem i face and solved.
Break
Gear 1 biting point.
Right bend in junction
Yellow Box estimate always wrong
When stop always forget to put back gear 1.
Over 50mph

Well i really wish can before CNY get licence so i can drive my family around to BAI NIAN!