Girls' Generation - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Movies Singapore > Korean Celebrities » Girls' Generation

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

Comment

LinkBack Celebrity Tools Display Modes
Girls' Generation
Girls' Generation
Published by korean_fan
15th July 2014

Girls' Generation (Hangul: 소녀 시대; Japanese: 少女時代, also known as SNSD or So Nyeo Shi Dae) is a South Korean girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in 2007. The nine-member group consists of Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun.

The group gained attention at the beginning of their career with songs such as "Into the New World" and "Kissing You" but it was not until 2009 when they gained significant popularity with their hit single "Gee", which was classified by the online music store MelOn as the most popular song of the decade in South Korea (ranking based on chart performance). The group solidified their place in the Korean music industry with follow-up singles "Tell Me Your Wish", "Run Devil Run", and "Oh!" from late 2009 to early 2010. In 2011, after a series of activities in Japan, the group returned to the Korean music scene with "The Boys", which was released in three languages: Korean, Japanese, and for the first time, English. In 2010 alone, the group sold more than 11,730,000 digital albums and singles collectively. The group's immense popularity in their native South Korea has earned them titles "The Nation's Singers" and "The Nation's Girl Group". The Sisa Journal named the group as the most influential entertainers for the years 2011 and 2012, making them the first female idol group in history to make the list.[citation needed] They have also been listed as #1 on the Top Female Singer's list for four consecutive years on the Leespiar Popularity Survey in Korea. Asia Today placed the group at forty-four on the 50 Korean Power Leaders list in 2011. The group also topped Forbes's Korea Power Celebrity 40 list for the years of 2010, 2011 and 2013.

The group began a foray into the Japanese music scene in late 2010 under Nayutawave Records, with Japanese remakes of their 2009 Korean hits "Genie" and "Gee". The group's debut Japanese album, Girls' Generation, released in June 2011, is currently the highest selling album in Japan by a Korean group in Oricon history. It was certified "Million" by the Recording Industry Association of Japan, which made them the second Korean artist to earn such an achievement in Japan since label mate BoA's "Best of Soul" in 2005. Girls’ Generation is also the first Korean girl group to have two albums place first on a weekly album ranking, surpassing Kara.

They have expanded their reach in the Korean industry through their first sub-unit, Girls' Generation-TTS, composed of members Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun. The sub-unit debuted on 2012 with their mini album Twinkle which became the highest charting K-Pop act on the Billboard 200—at No. 126 on Billboard 200.

Movie Rating
HotnessN/A
0 users rated N/A% average

Latest 5 celebrities

Celebrity Tools
Sponsors

By korean_fan on 15th July 2014, 02:20 PM
Default Re: Girls' Generation

Girls’ Generation wraps Japanese tour

Korea’s leading girl group Girls’ Generation wrapped up their third Japanese tour on Sunday in Tokyo, according to their agency SM Entertainment yesterday.

The tour, which started on April 26 in Fukuoka, included six more stops in the country’s major cities - Kobe, Nagoya and Osaka - where they performed 17 concerts that saw some 200,000 local fans. The last leg of the tour was held in Tokyo from Friday to Sunday, with each performance lasting three hours. The group’s nine girls performed up to 28 songs, covering their hit tracks like “Gee,” “I Got a Boy” and “Mr. Mr.” During the concert, the girls also gave a live performance of “Indestructible,” a new ballad that will be included in the group’s upcoming Japanese album “The Best,” to be released on July 23.

After the concert, Yu-ri posted two selfies on her Instagram account, along with a caption stating that the Japanese concert tour will be an “unforgettable memory.”

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...-japanese-tour
By korean_fan on 20th July 2014, 04:04 PM

SNSD Sets New Record by Successfully Wrapping Up 3rd Japanese Tour

Girls' Generation (SNSD) successfully wrapped up its third Japanese tour with the group's concert in Tokyo.

SNSD's third Japanese arena tour Girls' Generation ~Love&Peace~ Japan 3rd Tour launched on April 26 in Fukuoka, continuing in Hiroshima, Kobe, Nagya, Osaka, Saitama and Tokyo, presenting 17 concerts in 7 Japanese cities, gathering a total of 200,000 fans.

With the success of 3rd Japanese tour, SNSD gathered a total of over 550,000 fans during the three rounds ofthe Japanese tour, with a total of 51 concerts. This is the highest number of audience gathered by any girl group from Korea, proving SNSD's popularity and status in the country.

As the finale of the tour, the Tokyo concert took place over three days on July 11 through 13 in Yoyogi National Gymnasium, gathering the audience's passionate response with SNSD's various songs, performance and stage set-ups.

SNSD performed its many hits, such as Gee, Genie, I Got a Boy, Mr.Mr., the songs from its third Japanese full length album, Motorcycle, Gossip Girls, Karma Butterfly, Lips as well as the Japanese hit singles, namely Paparazzi, Flower Power, Galaxy Supernova and more, presenting 28 songs in the three hour long cnoncert.

The Tokyo concert also presented the new song Indestructible from the best album set to release on July 23, along with a video clip of SNSD's activities, catching many fans' attention.

Meanwhile, SNSD will be releasing the Japanese best album The Best on July 23.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...ntid=256675389
By korean_fan on 7th August 2014, 03:22 PM

Girls’ Generation and JYJ Grab a Korean One-Two on Japanese Album Chart

Korean artists are taking the Japanese charts by storm, with albums by Girls’ Generation and JYJ claiming Number 1 and Number 2, respectively, on the Oricon Weekly Album chart.

Girls’ Generation has now made it two weeks at the top spot with their Japanese compilation album, “The Best,” which has also recently topped the Oricon Daily Album Chart. The album, which contains hits such as “”Gee” and “Genie,” went on release on July 23. JYJ is enjoying the success of its long-awaited comeback, “Just Us,” which dropped on July 30.

The chart company confirmed that Girls’ Generation has now drawn level with the album chart success of fellow SM Entertainment star, BoA, who has also spent a total of three weeks atop the Oricon charts. Girls Generation has previously spent a week at the top spot in the same chart in 2011 with its first Japanese album release.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/06/gir...e-album-chart/
By korean_fan on 18th August 2014, 01:08 AM

How cute can she be? Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun greets fans as a cute cat

Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun delighted her fans by greeting them with a cute selca on Twitter, reported Soompi.

he girl group’s youngest member posted her selca complete with whiskers and a cute drawing of a cat’s nose to cap it off.

She even played the role of a cat with her Twitter caption that said, “hello! it’s been a while~ finally, tomorrow is the day for SMTOWN CONCERT! Let’s have a great time tomorrow^^ And also! Please anticipate TaeTiSeo‘s reality program too meow!”

In line with Girls’ Generation unit group TaeTiSeo’s upcoming comeback this September, Seohyun, Tiffany, and Taeyeon will also be having their own reality program on cable channel On Style.

Meanwhile, SMTOWN World Tour will be kicking off tomorrow in Seoul.

http://www.lollipop.sg/content/how-c...-fans-cute-cat
By korean_fan on 3rd September 2014, 03:13 PM

GG’s Seo-hyun graduates from college

Seo-hyun, a member of Girls’ Generation, graduated from Dongguk University yesterday.

The celebrity, who majored in theater, was honored with an Achievement Award for boosting the school’s image through her work in the entertainment industry.

Seo-hyun also donated 100 million won ($97,600) to the school last year and asked that the money go to students from families with financial difficulties.

The singer received her diploma yesterday at the university’s Jangchung-dong campus in central Seoul.

It is speculated that the star will make a comeback in a Girls’ Generation subunit called Taetiseo.

Taetiseo released its first album, “Twinkle,” in April 2012. Along with Tae-yeon and Tiffany, the other two members of the subunit, Seo-hyun will appear in a reality show “The Taetiseo” on cable channel On Style.

The program, which starts airing Monday, will focus on the day-to-day lives of the three members.

OnStyle’s operator CJ E&M released some teaser videos for the upcoming series, showing the stars taking part in KCON, a Korean cultural convention in Los Angeles earlier this month.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...s-from-college
By korean_fan on 25th November 2014, 10:59 PM

Jessica makes first official appearance after leaving Girls' Generation at 'Fendi' opening in Seoul

Jessica was spotted at her first event in South Korea following her leave from Girls' Generation.

On November 25, Jessica attended the opening of a 'Fendi' store in Jamsil, Seoul. Though she's been promoting 'BLANC & ECLARE' in China as head designer, the 'Fendi' event marked her first official event in Korea since it was announced she was no longer a Girls' Generation member.

Forty fans are reported to have waited early for the idol star, and over 100 fans ended up showing to support her.

Check out the footage below!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/...ening-in-seoul
By korean_fan on 3rd December 2014, 11:47 PM

Girls' Generation's Yuri meets up with her famous horseback riding club

Girls' Generation's Yuri met with her horseback riding club, which happens to be filled with its share of celebrities.

She posted the photos above onto Instagram on December 3, showing her close friendship with actors Jun Hye Bin and Park Soo Jin as well as singers Chaeyeon and Kahi. The Girls' Generation member wrote, "We're women who first met through horseback riding, but we talk more than we ride horses... We still haven't made a name for the gathering. Anyone have ideas?"

Fans responded, "I didn't know they met because of horseback riding," "All the pretty girls got together," "Who took the picture I wonder," "They could make a special stage," and more.

In other news, Yuri will be joining Girls' Generation in Japan on the 9th for their Tokyo Dome concert, 'The Best Live in Tokyo Dome'. Can you think of any names for her get-together?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/...ck-riding-club
By korean_fan on 18th December 2014, 02:42 PM

Photogenic YoonA and Seohyun's college yearbook photos leave fans in awe

Yearbook photos are usually something to dread looking at it, but not for the photogenic Girls' Generation's YoonA and Seohyun whose college graduation photos left fans in awe.

YoonA and Seohyun were previously spotted taking photos on the Dongguk University campus, and the final outcome were revealed through the yearbook photos that surfaced online. They dressed like their fellow classmates with a cap and gown as well as a white top and dark skirt. Seohyun graduated from Dongguk University's theatre department last August, and YoonA also studied theatre and cinema.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/...ve-fans-in-awe
By korean_fan on 25th January 2015, 04:46 AM

SNSD's Taeyeon rushed to hospital after allegedly falling down deep hole on stage

Source: Koreaboo

TaeTiSeo and SNSD member Taeyeon fell down into a hole after a performance as the stage appears to almost collapse, with member Seohyun also tripping.

After Taeyeon fell, event officials rushed to the stage to help her, while members Tiffany and Seohyun also attempted to help the singer as well.

The event they were performing at was the High One Seoul Music Award.
An uploader posted about the incident with the message:

“How does this make any sense.

"Taeyeon has been rushed to the hospital and Tiffany, Seohyun have all returned home unscathed.

"A person just fell into a hole.

"Not just her ankle not up to her waist her entire body went straight down the hole. Have you jumped 2 meters in heels?

http://www.lollipop.sg/content/snsds...eep-hole-stage
By korean_fan on 14th February 2015, 01:54 AM

Girls' Generation's Sooyoung spotted at New York Fashion Week

Girls' Generation's Sooyoung was invited by 'Coach' to New York Fashion Week!

SEE ALSO: Girls' Generation wish for 2015 to be a less dynamic year on 'Entertainment Relay'

Sooyoung spent her birthday in the Big Apple for New York Fashion Week (fall/winter 2015). She was invited by 'Coach's Creative Director Stuart Vevers and was spotted at the brand's fall 2015 presentation on February 12. She also showed off her model-like figure in a pink outfit from the brand's spring collection.

New York Fashion Week will run until the 19th.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...k-fashion-week
By korean_fan on 28th February 2015, 04:08 PM

Sooyoung is flirty in see-through looks for 'Cosmopolitan' + comments on Girls' Generation comeback

Girls' Generation's Sooyoung took part in a beauty photoshoot with 'Cosmopolitan', making all girls green with envy at her tall stature and perfect skin.

She looks sweet in all white attire, while adding an element of interest with the a see-through top. In the interview portion, she talked about habits she would warn others against. Sooyoung said, "The habit of rubbing your eyes. Seeing as how I do eye makeup every day, I always rub my eyes because of the frustrating remains and even when I'm cleansing, I rub all over my eye rims. The eye rims are a particularly sensitive part."

SEE ALSO: SM Entertainment responds to rumors of a May comeback for Girls' Generation

She also mentioned what's on every fan's mind, Girls' Generation's comeback: "I think Girls' Generation's new album is coming out in the first half of this year. All the members are working very hard in order to make the best and most satisfying album."

Check her out in the March issue to see more photos and read about her beauty tips on how to achieve the perfect complexion.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...ation-comeback
By korean_fan on 28th February 2015, 04:46 PM

Sooyoung fangirls over taking selfies with actress Ha Ji Won

While I'm sure any SONE would die to have a selfie with Sooyoung, the Girls' Generation member herself is fangirling over her set of selfies with actress Ha Ji Won.

SEE ALSO: [Single Review] VIXX - 'Boys' Record'

In Sooyoung's latest Instagram update, she shared her excitement in meeting her idol. Along with the glamorous set of selcas, she writes in her caption, "Kkyak, I'm a fan! I've finally met her, I met her. @hajiwon1023 #hajiwon sunbae at @boontheshop_chandam I will always support you. #boontheshopcheongdam #dior #hajiwon #imafan."

She continues to list projects Ha Ji Won was in to prove her fangirl knowledge, using the following hashtags, "#damo #somethinghappenedinbali #empressqi #ofcourseisaweverything #iloveyou."

According to Sooyoung herself, the two met at the 'Dior Lama' event held at Boon the Shop, a fashion store in Cheongdam. The ladies are impeccably dressed with their matching white outfits, a perfect look for a fashion event and a fangirl dream-come-true.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...ress-ha-ji-won
By korean_fan on 21st April 2015, 06:35 PM

Girls’ Generation’s Yuri and Oh Seung Hwan Were Set Up by Jung Joon Ha?

Following the release of reports that Girls’ Generation’s Yuri and professional baseball player Oh Seung Hwan are dating, a previous statement made by comedian Jung Joon Ha during a broadcast has been brought back to light.

On the past January 14 broadcast of MBC’s variety talk show “Radio Star” earlier this year, close friends Oh Seung Hwan and Jung Joon Ha appeared as guests and discussed the topic of marriage among other things.

During the broadcast, Oh Seung Hwan revealed that he had been on his own for nine years since his debut as a professional baseball player.

After hearing this, MC Yoon Jong Shin asked when he plans on getting married, to which Oh Seung Hwan confidently answered, “I would be willing to marry even tomorrow [if I could]. I’m prepared [for marriage].”

Jung Joon Ha added on, “There is a celebrity I know that has asked me to introduce her to Oh Seung Hwan,” which caused viewers to express curiosity over the identity of the female celebrity.

With the confirmation of Yuri and Oh Seung Hwan’s relationship, netizens are speculating that Jung Joon Ha was the initial connection between the couple.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/20/gir...-jung-joon-ha/
By korean_fan on 21st April 2015, 06:38 PM

Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany Shows Off Her Sensual Side for Grazia

Girls’ Generation‘s Tiffany flaunts her sensual side for fashion magazine Grazia in their most recent edition.

In the photo shoot, the singer wears items from Michael Kors‘ Spring/Summer 2015 collection. Her outfits include a two piece leopard print top and skirt, a blue dress, and a crochet dress.

A more mature image from the star is displayed in these photos. The singer will be taking on a role as MC in her new fashion show “Heart a Tag” which will broadcast starting April 24. In the accompanying interview she shared, “I still have dreams I want to accomplish and many experiences I want to have.”

You can check out more of her new photo shoot in the 53rd edition of Grazia.

Source (1)(2)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/20/gir...de-for-grazia/
By korean_fan on 22nd April 2015, 08:12 PM

Girls' Generation YoonA's body double for 'God of War Zhao Yun' is a...man?

Not only Girls' Generation's YoonA, but her body double is getting a lot of attention right now.

An online community for the upcoming Chinese drama 'God of War Zhao Yun' released photos on set of YoonA wearing beautiful, yellow traditional clothing next to a photo of a man with long hair wearing the same outfit. That man happens to be YoonA's body double.

The body double does not look similar to YoonA in any way as he is of a much bigger build with a different skin tone, and of course, is the opposite gender.

X Sports News stated that in Korea, body doubles typically look as similar as possible to the actor or actress they are portraying, but in China, it appears the way things look on camera is more important.

The drama 'God of War Zhao Yun' will air in August with a total of 60 episodes. Will you watch the drama this summer to see if you can tell they are using a body double or not?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...ao-yun-is-aman
By korean_fan on 3rd September 2015, 07:44 PM

Girls' Generation win #1 + Performances from September 3rd 'M! Countdown'!

Mnet's 'M! Countdown' is back for its weekly show featuring performances by your favorite artists!

On this episode, DinDin debuted with "No Limits", Miwoo debuted with "Broken Doll", Unicorn made their debut with "Huk", SONAMOO followed up with "Round N Round", and Purfles came back with "A Bad Thing".

As for the winners, Girls' Generation and HyunA were the nominees, but it was Girls' Generation who took the final win with "Lion Heart"! Congratulations to Girls' Generation!

Other performers of the night were: Kim Hyung Jun, Nop.K, myB, Ben, BEAT WIN, VIXX LR, Girls' Generation, Stephanie, April, G-Friend, JJCC, Juniel, 2EYES, HyunA, SONAMOO, 6 to 8, Asha, The Legend, and FLASHE.

https://youtu.be/oS3DOFtnEwo

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...rd-m-countdown
By korean_fan on 1st November 2015, 02:23 AM

Girls' Generation's Taeyeon says Tiffany is like a mother-in-law?

Girls' Generation's Taeyeon and Tiffany are well-known to be best friends, which means that they aren't afraid to be straightforward about each other sometimes.

SEE ALSO: Girls' Generation announce their 4th solo concert 'Phantasia'!

On the October 31st episode of Taeyeon's reality show 'Taeng9Cam', Tiffany made a surprise visit to Taeyeon's music show rehearsal for her debut solo song "I". Tiffany said, "I wanted to come earlier, but I understand that Taeyeon couldn't help but be sensitive. That sensitivity turns into focus and energy on stage. I wanted her to be very focused, so I only sent text messages."

Taeyeon commented, "I didn't know Tiffany would come. She's like a mother-in-law," referring to how mother-in-laws are known to make sudden visits.

Have you been keeping up with 'Taeng9Cam'?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...-mother-in-law
By korean_fan on 3rd November 2015, 10:25 PM

'Cosmopolitan' reveals preview of workout pictorial featuring Girls' Generation's Hyoyeon

'Cosmopolitan' has revealed what looks to be a workout-themed pictorial featuring Girls' Generation's Hyoyeon!

SEE ALSO: Girls' Generation announce their 4th solo concert 'Phantasia'!

The magazine posted the above photo to Instagram on November 3 with the message, "A healthy body is what makes true beauty! Rebecca Louise, who's famous for being Miley Cyrus' trainer, and Girls' Generation's Hyoyeon meet," giving a preview of an upcoming feature.

A 'Cosmopolitan' rep said, "The two people have such positive energy that makes you feel good! Exercise, desire, incentive, perfect body lines."

Stay tuned for the pictorial featuring the two healthy beauties!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...ations-hyoyeon
By korean_fan on 14th November 2015, 03:30 PM

'Unpretty Rapstar 2' gives a preview of Yezi and Truedy's semi-final battle also featuring Girls' Generation's Tiffany

http://youtu.be/nC0IUvNc8V8

'Unpretty Rapstar 2' gave a preview of Yezi and Truedy's semi-final battle!

SEE ALSO: [Drama Review] 'She Was Pretty' - Episode 16 (Finale)

The two have been serious competitors throughout the series, so viewers are excited to see who's going to come out the winner. Yezi will be taking the stage with a featuring rapper as well as some dancers to add another dimension to the performance, while Truedy will be joined by Girls' Generation's Tiffany.

Check out the preview of the two battles above, and let us know who you think will come out the winner!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...ations-tiffany
Comment

Celebrity Tools