I hate Singapore Parents - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Love & Relationships > Family Matters » I hate Singapore Parents

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2009, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
makemeslim is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hate Singapore Parents

A lot of Singapore parents don't let their sons play soccer and every time must insist that they study and study. Almost always when some talented kids start to take up soccer and display ability, the parents take them away and say that soccer is going to destroy their future. I don't think so.
Foreign footballer can also earn a good living too. Look at the BPL, they are all millionaires and earn more than doctors for that matter.
It is worst when it comes to gal. Any gal who wish to play soccer will be condemned for sure.
Have you ever seen Japanese parents? They were great supporter of their kids' soccer activities and company them to training and tournament.
I hate SIngapore Parents.

makemeslim added 6 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Have you ever met this type of parents in your life?

Sponsors:

Last edited by makemeslim; 21st September 2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
Add to makemeslim's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
New SGClubber
sauzan is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I hate Singapore Parents

Erm, your parents don't let you play soccer?

Studies is a tried and true way of getting a livelihood, soccer is not, really. Only a few can make it. Not many in BPL

sauzan is offline   Add to sauzan's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท
Peuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud of

Liked 112 Times in 86 Posts

Didnt you post that one should not hate one's parents in another thread in the Complaint Section?

Even our best player, Fandi Ahmad, can't make it the EPL then, he only make it to a Dutch club.

Out of probably hundred thousands of players, you can only find 1 Torres, 1 Van Persie or 1 Fabregas.

Only the very best of the best will make it.

Hundreds will fail.

Even if you are good enough to play for the S-League or the National Team, no matter how talented you are, it will be extremely hard for you to get a contract even from a 3rd Division Team.

Your parents want the best for you. SG is a country that looks at Paper Qualification first.

Old 21st September 2009, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Team 140
eeden is a jewel in the rougheeden is a jewel in the rough

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

agreed with the post above me.

in a singaporean society,the thing that has the biggest say when searching for jobs is your cert.yes,you may show some talent in soccer,but is it enough for you to be so good that you'd make big bucks?sports in sg isn't a guarantee imho.

Old 22nd September 2009, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmm... I happened to be a soccer coach during my spare time and realized that without the co operation of parents, it is extremely difficult to groom talent for Singapore.
An eight years old I know is very talented in soccer and has the material to make it nationally with one eye closed, his parents do not even approve recreational soccer on a random basis. Of course he does not play soccer at all for now. Fair, it is their sons and they have the right to decide for him. Just like I have the right to hate them.
How can we groom talent for our nation if this is the mindset of our locals? The pressure cooker has created weak children who died mysteriously during army training. If your kids are not exposed to physical training during a young age, the defensive mechanisms that help them as young adult are not fully developed to help him them survive strenuous exercises.
Between health and money, it is money that is more important to the people of Singapore. When something happen to their kids, everybody in the whole damn world is at fault except themselves.
In my earlier post I highlighted the Japanese mentality, if you had being to soccer match involving Abilex, you would have seen, families big and small go all out to support their team but for our local teams hmmm.... it is better you go and see for yourself, majority soccer punter if I am not mistaken.
Why the Japanese and Korean soccer is making to the world standard while ours is dying off.
People like to point to the government for everything that goes wrong, please check ourself first.
I hate Singapore Parents.

Last edited by makemeslim; 22nd September 2009 at 12:08 AM.
makemeslim is offline   Add to makemeslim's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
XinGaPoLang is on a distinguished road

自相矛盾!!

like what Peuan Sanit said

Old 22nd September 2009, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sky99 is a glorious beacon of lightsky99 is a glorious beacon of lightsky99 is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Is ur parents singaporeans?

[Official]SGC Left 4 Dead 2 Thread -> http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/o..._a_303841.html
sky99 is offline   Add to sky99's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
New SGClubber
kahfidirnt is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

waw, do you hate your parents? shame

kahfidirnt is offline   Add to kahfidirnt's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
FlattenedCake will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

lol, your parents are weird. anyway if they don't allow u to play soccer, give them remarkable results to shut them up (:

i only don't like very traditional mindset parents like my mom, she ALWAYS insist girls DO housechore while guys don't need. like wtf is this, sexist? lol

Old 22nd September 2009, 12:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

waw, do you hate your parents? shame
LOL, I hate Singapore Parents.
***** Please someone out there help ... explain to these folks......*********

Old 22nd September 2009, 12:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sky99 is a glorious beacon of lightsky99 is a glorious beacon of lightsky99 is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FlattenedCake View Post
lol, your parents are weird. anyway if they don't allow u to play soccer, give them remarkable results to shut them up (:

i only don't like very traditional mindset parents like my mom, she ALWAYS insist girls DO housechore while guys don't need. like wtf is this, sexist? lol
How i wish my mum think the same way as ur mum..

[Official]SGC Left 4 Dead 2 Thread -> http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/o..._a_303841.html
sky99 is offline   Add to sky99's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
workingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to all

Liked 174 Times in 130 Posts

unless you can guarantee the parents that after your training they will be the next sports superstar, i doubt they are willing to put their child through the risks.

Old 22nd September 2009, 12:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is there a way to change these mindset? If there is no way then we have got to wait till the next generation when you are the parents. Hope by then you can convince your other part to share your mindset. Chances since you are a gal, you have to follow the guy's tradition, till then we will see.

Old 22nd September 2009, 12:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
-Hatred is on a distinguished road

Lol. Not every parents are like that.

-Hatred is offline   Add to -Hatred's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 01:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A person who builds on their body when they were young and have a lifelong sports will likely to live with good health till ripe old age. If you spend your time at a computer all day and do not have a sport during leisure, you are likely to suffer as you age not to say you will budge.
Parents are fully aware of that and they need no education on that as they watch their child grow. However the rat race has given most no choice but to focus on paper chase. Most people does not realize their physical abilities is depreciating until they are suddenly faced with strenuous exercise like playing a ball game with a colleague. It is extremely dangerous to over do it at this stage as one can develop cardiac problem and die.
Having regular workout like a game of soccer which is a good past time will help us build up our body.
Allow children to inculcate a lifelong sports is a gift that far exceeds that of money.
Usually a child is more likely to play the sports with their friends as they grow up if they have developed some skills during their youth. They are unlikely to play a game of soccer with other adult player if he had not done so when they were young.
Think parents.

makemeslim added 36 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Had a fight with Bryan's parent the other day because they accused me of inducing their child to go and play soccer. I don't know should I just give up coaching these kids. I am has a free volunteer and no pay some more. I hate his parents.

Last edited by makemeslim; 22nd September 2009 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Post Bumping
makemeslim is offline   Add to makemeslim's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 02:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
kdwdybswy will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Live to play soccer and play soccer to live is totally different. It's easier to get a cert as compared to a contract and it also gives you more assurance in future.

kdwdybswy is offline   Add to kdwdybswy's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 02:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
XiaoJie92 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

realistic parents..
that's how sg is like...
hahas. envy of japan

Old 22nd September 2009, 02:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
logging off
typeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to behold

Liked 312 Times in 239 Posts

Not all parents are like that.. maybe your parents have seen how important paper qualifications are in SG and just want the best for you. Probably u've not shown that u can balance between hobbies and studies? Realistically, you won't make it far in sg by soccer alone, however if this interest leads u to study sports medicine, then it'll be a great start!

Have to agree with you that some things really need to start from young, esp when it comes to developing psycho motor skills and a kind of 'common sense' for that.

Now i'm doing a course that i like and look forward to go to school. One thing i find important in life is to find your calling and have passion in something you like to do.

Looking back, if my parents had dissed my hobbies and forced me to study.. I'd probably still be another undergrad wondering why i'm doing this course and would still be uncertain of what to do in future.

and so on to viscosity.
typeX is offline   Add to typeX's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 03:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Live to play soccer and play soccer to live is totally different. It's easier to get a cert as compared to a contract and it also gives you more assurance in future.
ok u r correct, they r 2 different things. but if u r not study material, parent still force you then how. if u get a cert as an engineer how much can u earn. can u earn 700k per month. thats what ji-sung park earn for one month only not including scoring bonus. its roughly only 8.4million per year only 2.5 times the salary of our pm. ya maybe its difficult but become pm even more difficult plus got a lot of headache. soccer player sitting on the bench also got money.

Old 22nd September 2009, 06:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Asentua will become famous soon enough

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Peuan Sanit View Post
Didnt you post that one should not hate one's parents in another thread in the Complaint Section?

Even our best player, Fandi Ahmad, can't make it the EPL then, he only make it to a Dutch club.

Out of probably hundred thousands of players, you can only find 1 Torres, 1 Van Persie or 1 Fabregas.

Only the very best of the best will make it.

Hundreds will fail.

Even if you are good enough to play for the S-League or the National Team, no matter how talented you are, it will be extremely hard for you to get a contract even from a 3rd Division Team.

Your parents want the best for you. SG is a country that looks at Paper Qualification first.
FYI, Fandi Ahmad quit because he was homesick.
If you do read reports, he had potential.
Bad example to choose in my opinion.

Though as Peuan Sanit said in his last Para.
You are looking beyond the boundaries of Singapore alone, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Maybe soccer works for certain people in certain countries, however, you are in Singapore.
In Singapore, your education level plays a part, even in sports.
You do not get as much support from the government in pursuing your talent in Singapore as compared to those countries.

So even if you seriously have that talent, you have to be scouted by those clubs' scouts.
In which what are your chances?

It seems to me you have less than thought it through, and most of your threads as I've read through, portrays to me that you are rather self-centred and have little understanding of people or the works around you.
Maybe you would like to think things through at some point.