hotels in BKK - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Travel Talk > Thailand » hotels in BKK

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2010, 03:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
zerbel is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hotels in BKK

Hi people, im going Bangkok for 5days 4nights this June.
As i'm not buying a package with my tics.
Anyone has got cheap and good hotels near chinatown to recommend which i can accomodate there?
And btw, is chinatown very far away from CHA-TU-CHAT and Platinum mall?
I'm pretty curious about the thai girls show as well.
Isit safe for me to go with just my boyfriend?
Ive heard of them blackmailing tourists to give tips, or pay some ''hidden charge''.

Sponsors:
Old 28th February 2010, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
r08
New SGClubber
r08 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: hotels in BKK

I will definitely recommened Centara Grand/Central World Hotel. Stayed there the last time i went to Bangkok 2 years ago. A relatively new hotel. Great amenities, good breakfast. What's great is that it's located right next to Central World, a rly neat shopping mall. It's located from walking distance to Platinum Mall as well, among other really good malls. I took a taxi to Chinatown but the distance wasn't too far off as well.

r08 is offline   Add to r08's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 10:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi R08, thanks for the response
Anyway, i'm afraid from the both hotels you mentioned above, i might not know the way to the platinum mall. But if i were to ask any passerby, do they understand english?
And isit near to cha-tu-chat?
Btw, the both hotels are just next to each other?
Sorry, it's my 1st trip there to june.
Hehe.

Old 28th February 2010, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
r08
New SGClubber
r08 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Both hotels are the same thing diff names, I guess? You can search for it online for the location. It's within walking distance from Platinum Mall but you can ask the hotel receptionist for a map, that's what I did. You will no longer than an hr to get there by foot. Though take note that there is another mall with a very similar name with Platinum if I rememer correctly so do check correctly. As far as I recall most of the locals don't speak or understand English much. But those in the service sector most probably would understand some basic English. I'm not sure about cha-tu-chat cuz I didn't visit the place. I loved Bangkok for the shopping and good food. Expect lots of walking cuz traffic there is a nightmare! Enjoy your trip!

r08 is offline   Add to r08's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
lodafone is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Centara Grand is located above the central world shopping mall. Whole shopping centre is relatively upmarket(akin to Singapore's Orchard Road style) and i checked out some of the branded items where you can find in Singapore, its more expensive actually.

If you want to shop for cheaper stuff along the markets and stuff, stay at Amari Watergate. Much much better choice. Directly opposite platinum, beside the markets at baiyoke sky etc etc. Definitely better. Not the cheapest hotel around, but if you dont want to spend so much on a hotel, consider others nearby like Baiyoke Sky or Citin Pratunam.

Edit: Yes Chatuchak weekend market is far, its the last stop on the railway line. But its worth going I would say. Very very BIG market. Cant finish in 5 hours. It just go round and round and round. Take a MRT to and fro if you're going there, you'll get stucked in the jam if you were to take a cab. Got stucked for 2 hours when coming back the other time I was there.

Edit2: Chinatown is about a 10 min cab ride from Baiyoke/Pratunam/Amari watergate area. Go on a weekday and you'll be safe from the jams. Avoid peak hours of course. Like 5pm onwards.

Thai show girls mmm. Patpong night market. Famous with tourists. Worth going.

Last edited by lodafone; 1st March 2010 at 12:07 AM.
lodafone is offline   Add to lodafone's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
crystal_3108 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You might want to try Tango. Its not a hotel but something like an apartment. Its within walking distance to patunam and platimun mall but quite far to chinatown. Its really cheap too if u arent planning to use any hotel facilities. (:

crystal_3108 is offline   Add to crystal_3108's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
New SGClubber
beancurd is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

U can try:

http://www.mayfairbangkok.com/
They have complimentary Tuk Tuk service

or

http://baiyokeboutique.baiyokehotel.com/

or

http://www.asiahotel.co.th/asia_bangkok.htm
This hotel is connected to de MTR

If u wan to stay around shopping area chinatown is too far away.

U may watch the calypso cabaret show at asiahotel

http://www.calypsocabaret.com/reserve1.php

hope my little notes help

beancurd is offline   Add to beancurd's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 11:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ssian will become famous soon enough

I think you just have to be wary of your bf and that's about it.
Basically the locations of the places you want to visit are somewhat close for you don't have to travel few hours to reach either locations.
As public transports are relatively cheap but do take note of the jams.
Upon boarding a cab, it's better to check whether the meter is on else no no...
As of blackmailing of tipping ? i'm not sure what you meant by this.
Generally if the service is good, no harm giving tips. That's the norm but if it's at a local food stall or whatsoever mall centres, need not give tips. Tipping is when you feel that a show is nice to you etc and you do enjoy the performance etc ?

Old 1st March 2010, 11:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Baiyoke Botique....I dont know how the room looks like.. but the exterior of the hotel is much worst than hotel 81..hope that says enough lol.

Citin Pratunam is a very good choice if you're tight on a budget, free tuk tuk service, free wifi, new hotel.

Old 2nd March 2010, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท
Peuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud of

Liked 112 Times in 86 Posts

Originally Posted by zerbel View Post
Hi people, im going Bangkok for 5days 4nights this June.
As i'm not buying a package with my tics.
Anyone has got cheap and good hotels near chinatown to recommend which i can accomodate there?
And btw, is chinatown very far away from CHA-TU-CHAT and Platinum mall?
I'm pretty curious about the thai girls show as well.
Isit safe for me to go with just my boyfriend?
Ive heard of them blackmailing tourists to give tips, or pay some ''hidden charge''.

Bangkok Chinatown and Platinum Mall is located nearby each other at Thanon Phetchaburi.

The nearest underground (MRT) is Hualamphong station, and either a taxi or tuk-tuk from there.

If you want to see Thai girls show, go to Soi Cowboy at Sukhumvit.

Old 3rd March 2010, 12:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r08 View Post
Both hotels are the same thing diff names, I guess? You can search for it online for the location. It's within walking distance from Platinum Mall but you can ask the hotel receptionist for a map, that's what I did. You will no longer than an hr to get there by foot. Though take note that there is another mall with a very similar name with Platinum if I rememer correctly so do check correctly. As far as I recall most of the locals don't speak or understand English much. But those in the service sector most probably would understand some basic English. I'm not sure about cha-tu-chat cuz I didn't visit the place. I loved Bangkok for the shopping and good food. Expect lots of walking cuz traffic there is a nightmare! Enjoy your trip!
hehe. okay! thanks

zerbel added 5 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by lodafone View Post
Centara Grand is located above the central world shopping mall. Whole shopping centre is relatively upmarket(akin to Singapore's Orchard Road style) and i checked out some of the branded items where you can find in Singapore, its more expensive actually.

If you want to shop for cheaper stuff along the markets and stuff, stay at Amari Watergate. Much much better choice. Directly opposite platinum, beside the markets at baiyoke sky etc etc. Definitely better. Not the cheapest hotel around, but if you dont want to spend so much on a hotel, consider others nearby like Baiyoke Sky or Citin Pratunam.

Edit: Yes Chatuchak weekend market is far, its the last stop on the railway line. But its worth going I would say. Very very BIG market. Cant finish in 5 hours. It just go round and round and round. Take a MRT to and fro if you're going there, you'll get stucked in the jam if you were to take a cab. Got stucked for 2 hours when coming back the other time I was there.

Edit2: Chinatown is about a 10 min cab ride from Baiyoke/Pratunam/Amari watergate area. Go on a weekday and you'll be safe from the jams. Avoid peak hours of course. Like 5pm onwards.

Thai show girls mmm. Patpong night market. Famous with tourists. Worth going.

Haha! Thanks for providing so much info my dear
But isit dangerous for just couple to go for thai girl show when they're unfamiliar with everything there?
And, any idea how much is Citin Pratunam Hotel per night?

zerbel added 7 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by crystal_3108 View Post
You might want to try Tango. Its not a hotel but something like an apartment. Its within walking distance to patunam and platimun mall but quite far to chinatown. Its really cheap too if u arent planning to use any hotel facilities. (:
Hi sweet, but i heard from my friends apartment is about $60/day whereby hotel is $30/day.
So hotel should be cheaper?

zerbel added 15 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by beancurd View Post
U can try:

http://www.mayfairbangkok.com/
They have complimentary Tuk Tuk service

or

http://baiyokeboutique.baiyokehotel.com/

or

http://www.asiahotel.co.th/asia_bangkok.htm
This hotel is connected to de MTR

If u wan to stay around shopping area chinatown is too far away.

U may watch the calypso cabaret show at asiahotel

http://www.calypsocabaret.com/reserve1.php

hope my little notes help

Awww. thats very nice of you to actually took your time to send me the link
Thank you so much!
Btw, i thought chinatown and platinum mall are near to each other? So if i were to stay at Citin Pratunam it shouldnt be a problem to go over those 2 places right?

zerbel added 19 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by ssian View Post
I think you just have to be wary of your bf and that's about it.
Basically the locations of the places you want to visit are somewhat close for you don't have to travel few hours to reach either locations.
As public transports are relatively cheap but do take note of the jams.
Upon boarding a cab, it's better to check whether the meter is on else no no...
As of blackmailing of tipping ? i'm not sure what you meant by this.
Generally if the service is good, no harm giving tips. That's the norm but if it's at a local food stall or whatsoever mall centres, need not give tips. Tipping is when you feel that a show is nice to you etc and you do enjoy the performance etc ?
Wary of my bf? why?
The jams there are as serious as singapore?
Do road accidents often occur there?
Blackmailing as in, they might pressure you to tips, if not they're not allowing you to leave the pubs/clubs.

zerbel added 25 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Baiyoke Botique....I dont know how the room looks like.. but the exterior of the hotel is much worst than hotel 81..hope that says enough lol.

Citin Pratunam is a very good choice if you're tight on a budget, free tuk tuk service, free wifi, new hotel.

Haha! So baiyoke is definitely outtttt!
Ya, im thinking of Citin pratunam too. But whats the cost like per day?
As i'd rather spend more on my shopping than hotel
But of cos the hygiene and service in the hotel must be acceptable too.
I know im very greedy. Hahaha!

zerbel added 31 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by Peuan Sanit View Post
Bangkok Chinatown and Platinum Mall is located nearby each other at Thanon Phetchaburi.

The nearest underground (MRT) is Hualamphong station, and either a taxi or tuk-tuk from there.

If you want to see Thai girls show, go to Soi Cowboy at Sukhumvit.

So chinatown and Platinum mall are walking distance away from each other you mean?
Tuk tuk is very dangerous? Is it?
Yup, im excited over the thai girl show. Haha! But will it be safe for just me and my bf to go over? And why of so many places you're introducing me Soi cowboy? The girls there are hotter? Or isit stuffs there are cheaper? Haha.

Last edited by zerbel; 3rd March 2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
zerbel is offline   Add to zerbel's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 11:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It should generally be safe, or go to those joints that have more people.. Like more toursity. Would be safer. Dont follow those people that ask you to follow them then they bring you up to their shops or something.

Citin Pratunam is about 65 a night i think. Search pyotravel for it. Pyotravel has pretty good rates, local company. Go read reviews on websites like tripadvisor on citin pratunam

Last edited by lodafone; 4th March 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท
Peuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud of

So chinatown and Platinum mall are walking distance away from each other you mean?
Tuk tuk is very dangerous? Is it?
Yup, im excited over the thai girl show. Haha! But will it be safe for just me and my bf to go over? And why of so many places you're introducing me Soi cowboy? The girls there are hotter? Or isit stuffs there are cheaper? Haha.
For tourists who don't speak Thai, I wouldn't recommend you to travel around in Tuk tuk. In fact, tuk tuk is being phrased out in BKK.

It depends on what type of Thai Gals show you want to watch. Soi Cowboy is a stretch of pubs in sukhumvit area and is next to Sukhumvit MRT Stn. Its means for FARANGS like you and local Thais are not allow to patronised that area, Thai Police patrol that area frequently and the joints do not overcharge so technically you're safer there.

If you are looking for Thai Gals show that offers stunts, suggest you go to Patpong area.

Old 5th March 2010, 10:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It should generally be safe, or go to those joints that have more people.. Like more toursity. Would be safer. Dont follow those people that ask you to follow them then they bring you up to their shops or something.

Citin Pratunam is about 65 a night i think. Search pyotravel for it. Pyotravel has pretty good rates, local company. Go read reviews on websites like tripadvisor on citin pratunam

Okay. I heard from my friend, his sergent went to bkk with his wife, and when the wife got up thw cab 1st, the cab drove off. Till today, he still cant find his wife
65$ or 65baht? Hahaha! Sorry, i'm a little dumb about travelling.

zerbel added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by Peuan Sanit View Post
For tourists who don't speak Thai, I wouldn't recommend you to travel around in Tuk tuk. In fact, tuk tuk is being phrased out in BKK.

It depends on what type of Thai Gals show you want to watch. Soi Cowboy is a stretch of pubs in sukhumvit area and is next to Sukhumvit MRT Stn. Its means for FARANGS like you and local Thais are not allow to patronised that area, Thai Police patrol that area frequently and the joints do not overcharge so technically you're safer there.

If you are looking for Thai Gals show that offers stunts, suggest you go to Patpong area.

Whats the danger of tuk tuk other than traffic?
Oh so, Soi cowboy is those more ''boring'' thai girls show, whereby Patpong is those with more stunts?
Like for example i heard my friend told me about his experience there, those girls crack eggs, open beer bottles and stuff like that with their ... er, you know??
Haha! So it's all happening at patpong? But there isnt as safe as Soi cowboy??

Last edited by zerbel; 5th March 2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Post Bumping
zerbel is offline   Add to zerbel's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 05:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท

Okay. I heard from my friend, his sergent went to bkk with his wife, and when the wife got up thw cab 1st, the cab drove off. Till today, he still cant find his wife
That is just urban legend.

Whats the danger of tuk tuk other than traffic?
Oh so, Soi cowboy is those more ''boring'' thai girls show, whereby Patpong is those with more stunts?
Like for example i heard my friend told me about his experience there, those girls crack eggs, open beer bottles and stuff like that with their ... er, you know??
Haha! So it's all happening at patpong? But there isnt as safe as Soi cowboy??
Some Tuk Tuk drivers are reckless and there is no meter. You might get con or wise blackmailed.

Those shows you mentioned, you can find in Patpong.

Patpong is another area designated for Farangs. There is a Police Booth nearby.

Old 8th March 2010, 04:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
New SGClubber
ggberry is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

check out www . TravelandLeisureAsia . com

Old 15th March 2010, 11:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
New SGClubber
atance is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I just came back from BKK on sun. haha...just in time to skip the riot crowds there.

I stayed at S15 Sukumhvit. along Sukhumvit area. Cleanliness is ok, just that is located in the so-called red light district. got to be used to the rowdiness of people along the streets.
agoda website is 1 good web to book your hotel. reviews of various hotels can be seen too. do try.

Platinum Mall is just 1 good place to go shopping. is almost like a replica of Chatuchak, minus away other things available in the market such as home decor stuff, etc. But of course you sure cant miss the market as well since you are there. You can easily access to Platinum by just 15-20min walk from Chitlom BTS Station. You can jolly well skip those big shopping malls as i feel things there are not as cheap as we can expect. enjoy yourself!

atance is offline   Add to atance's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 04:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
~WindzStriker~ is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

asiatravel.com

Old 31st March 2010, 12:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
New SGClubber
momogirl is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

baiyoke sky is ex.... try baiyoke boutique, can use baiyoke sky's facilities

momogirl is offline   Add to momogirl's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 02:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all, thanks for the reply. Have decided to stay over Citin Pratunam, as it's near platinium mall and chinatown yeah?
And just to confirm, for thai girls show with more 'dirty' stunts, i should go 'Patpong'(a road name?)?
Any recommendation on which trustworthy pub or club that doesnt con money for those shows?
Btw, what's farang? =/
hehe. i'm going on june! SO EXCITED