How can i convince my parents? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Special Interest Groups > Japanese Interest > Dollfie Zone » How can i convince my parents?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2009, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Misttyx is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How can i convince my parents?

I wanna buy a bjd(Luke from DZ) but my parents are against it.
i have the money but my mum was like
'even if u got the money cannot buy!'
im like very sad....wan the bjd so much..
did alot of research too....
my dad was like 'i really no money le.. Looks like tomoro i have to find 2 jobs le'
So freaking sarcastic la...
n like my mum jus bought a $500 bracelet
few days ago..n say they have no money..
Then my mum said : ' These dolls look nice but after a few yrs.. what will they be worth?
at least my bracelet can be worth more than its value now.. like investment..
But ur doll like who will buy after u dun wan le? waste money."
(mum bought gold brclet...actually is $1500..but she traded in her old gold brclt)
So how do i convince themm...now my plan is talk alot of bjd's to them..
n make them irritated...or the most go get them to talk to alice.
how did u'all convince ur parents and all?

Sponsors:
Add to Misttyx's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
FBI
Experienced SGClubber
FBI has a spectacular aura about

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Re: How can i convince my parents?

your mum is right, sorry.

FBI is offline   Add to FBI's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 02:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
kura is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

actually i dun think involve stranger *to ur parents* like alice in ur convincing is.. good...

not saying bad abt alice... more like any ppl who do business will say something convincing till the customer buy something which is not a good idea....

u must actually ask urself what a doll meant to u...dress up doll like wad u always do in ur childhood?
not onli that i can tell u BJD this type of hobby is very very expensive.

buying doll is not like as if u will buy only the doll.... i can tell u ones u step in... hard to get out... u will kept on buying n buying.... if u say u wont.. think it this way... the clothes.. ur doll cant possibly stay in a set of clothes... same all the time? i doubt so... doll's clothes are likely almost the same price as the human's....

think twice...

kura is offline   Add to kura's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 02:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
tomaskoe is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what is BJD?

Rule 1: Mum is always right!

Rule 2: If mum is wrong, follow rule no 1!

tomaskoe is offline   Add to tomaskoe's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 04:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
♫ Ayami has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kura View Post
actually i dun think involve stranger *to ur parents* like alice in ur convincing is.. good...

not saying bad abt alice... more like any ppl who do business will say something convincing till the customer buy something which is not a good idea....

u must actually ask urself what a doll meant to u...dress up doll like wad u always do in ur childhood?

buying doll is not like as if u will buy only the doll.... i can tell u ones u step in... hard to get out... u will kept on buying n buying.... if u say u wont.. think it this way... the clothes.. ur doll cant possibly stay in a set of clothes... same all the time? i doubt so... doll's clothes are likely almost the same price as the human's....

think twice...
ARRRGGGHHHH! You beat me to it! B-But what you said it's quite true, of course.

My excuse for getting a doll.

My mom didn't really stopped me from buying my doll. She just finds it COMPLETELY weird for a few days but soon she started to accpet it and it's okay already from there on. For a guy, doing that. You HAVE no idea how my mom was reacting during that time. Telling from her face, she's either shocked or thinks that i hit my head somewhere. The reason i bought a doll is because i'm kind of a fashion geek aka Gay Fashion Advicer if you like to call it. I have a girl's taste(no suprise for a guy) in fashion and thus i've always like and dreamed of dressing a girl up, that's where i met my doll in Alice 88th lol. Decided to take up the hobby and asked whether i've taken up the responsibility or not, wouldn't feel regretted about this and that blah blah. Unless you're being truth-ful to yourself and think about it TWICE before accpeting this hobby first. Once you adopt that doll, that doll is gonna be like a pet to you, you have to bath, change his/her's clothes and others. Think of it's value and think HARD. Once buy, it's considered as a accpet already. Don't just dump your doll there a few months later and let it rot. It's painful for the doll owners to see.

Originally Posted by tomaskoe View Post
what is BJD?
Ball Jointed Doll.

Last edited by ♫ Ayami; 13th February 2009 at 05:01 AM.
♫ Ayami is offline   Add to ♫ Ayami's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ♫ Ayami View Post
ARRRGGGHHHH! You beat me to it! B-But what you said it's quite true, of course.

My excuse for getting a doll.

My mom didn't really stopped me from buying my doll. She just finds it COMPLETELY weird for a few days but soon she started to accpet it and it's okay already from there on. For a guy, doing that. You HAVE no idea how my mom was reacting during that time. Telling from her face, she's either shocked or thinks that i hit my head somewhere. The reason i bought a doll is because i'm kind of a fashion geek aka Gay Fashion Advicer if you like to call it. I have a girl's taste(no suprise for a guy) in fashion and thus i've always like and dreamed of dressing a girl up, that's where i met my doll in Alice 88th lol. Decided to take up the hobby and asked whether i've taken up the responsibility or not, wouldn't feel regretted about this and that blah blah. Unless you're being truth-ful to yourself and think about it TWICE before accpeting this hobby first. Once you adopt that doll, that doll is gonna be like a pet to you, you have to bath, change his/her's clothes and others. Think of it's value and think HARD. Once buy, it's considered as a accpet already. Don't just dump your doll there a few months later and let it rot. It's painful for the doll owners to see.
my excuse for getting a doll is likely even odd. xD since when i was a kid, i m always in school being bullied n unaccepted by my classmates, BUT it only lasted from pri to sec. now i m ok. u might not wan to know wad habit i had adopted during the pri to sec period. i dun have much friends till i begin to "make friends" to non living things as well like my bolster, plushies, toys or wadever. LOL I KNOW IT IS ODD

coz since 2005, i had already expose to people who have BJD. Initially i freak out due to how much they cost. my friend quote 1 k at a 1/3 sized BJD to me and also told me the reason why. i was really shock by then, n i m like any of the ppl who saw something good and goes like "I WAN I WAN I WAN!~". but back then i din have the chance to get it. Aside for that, i din even mention to my parents tt i like to have one coz u know parents are always like "u score high, i buy for u something u wan..." wad makes me bad was a bad scorer. orz

den 2008 was when i got my chance on my first doll. yes n a new addition to my "friends" or rather someone ranked even closer definitely not BF. i m not a pedo LOL.
b4 i even start this hobbies, i have friends tell me "once u step in, u cannot stop buying for em..." i have to agree to em. i cant stop INDEED LOL not till i feel enough for my kid.
n i will buy more n more... D: tt is the horror side. sometime is like... one doll so lonely, buy one more. n it will cost like hell...

when i got my doll, i purposely din hide it. in fact i always put it in somewhere obvious like beside my pillow and on top of my CPU. one of the main reason was... i din tell my mom AND i wan her to look at it. so one day when i was in train. my hp suddenly rang *it was like 3 days after getting my doll* "WHY THERE IS A BALD DOLL ON UR BED?!" i 0_0 n i lol-ed LOL xD. i shall not say out some of my dirty method ^^ dun learn from me.

but judging from my mom's expression. coz actually my doll motivate me to do a lot of stuff. like doing face up for him n making clothes. so sometimes my mom will goes like OoO "ooo....wow.. u are actually more motivated now den when u are in cosplay"
so i think my mom slow accept tt i like such stuff.

i told my mom i m getting a new doll. yes she yelled at me.. den i stats the fact of... me giving up in cosplay, slowing down on manga collection, seldom go out, went to work during this long holi. not complaining while working like "manager is always right D:<" when they din c wad u r doing n they blindly scold u for nuts. i told her... i worked so hard for wad... it is for the doll i wan.
if u are thinking i m one of those who dress up a lot... lol no.. i m not. i spend less on myself than on my hobbies. tt's y my bro is always killing me. "C'MON DRESS UP URSELF!?"

Unless you're being truth-ful to yourself and think about it TWICE before accpeting this hobby first. Once you adopt that doll, that doll is gonna be like a pet to you, you have to bath, change his/her's clothes and others. Think of it's value and think HARD. Once buy, it's considered as a accpet already. Don't just dump your doll there a few months later and let it rot. It's painful for the doll owners to see.
+1 on this. not onli u gonna do all this. when the face up wears off... there goes ur money again. either u do urself *$$ gone here as well* or let others do *professional~ $$ fly away~*

sry for the long wall of text x_x

kura added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by tomaskoe View Post
Rule 1: Mum is always right!

Rule 2: If mum is wrong, follow rule no 1!
wad is the point of rule 2? ok... can i say something? " no one is always right."

i m not saying MUM IS WRONG WRONG WRONG..

wad if ur parents say gambling is correct... u gambles too? lol sad to say.... my dad says gamble is good n told me to learn from him...

Last edited by kura; 13th February 2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Kai Sir Ho is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

At least your mom didn't ask you to hand over the money you had so painstakingly saved!

I've heard cases whereby the person already has the money but then their parents object and took away their money =x

Hmm... So your parents don't allow you to get a doll but you can buy other stuff with your money?

Then if I were you I would just go ahead and buy the doll. It's my money what. And you never confiscate my money from me so it means I can spend it right

Kai Sir Ho is offline   Add to Kai Sir Ho's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ragster is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got my doll even before I told my parents,but they accepted the fact that I got a doll.If you really like the doll,you should just get it[AFTER some major thinking].At least they didnt confiscate the money that you saved damn hard.If they think that spending on dolls is a waste of money,then why dont you prove to them as well that BJDs could be an investment as well.

Old 13th February 2009, 03:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sry for the long wall of text x_x
Nah, never mind. Pretty interesting to read lol.

Old 13th February 2009, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Banao is a jewel in the roughBanao is a jewel in the rough

Are the dolls expensive? Sorry i have no idea but interested to know

JOIN THE PICNIC BASKET CLUB
rep if you like banana nonsense
Banao is offline   Add to Banao's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 04:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Banao View Post
Are the dolls expensive? Sorry i have no idea but interested to know
Yeah, it's one helleva expensive hobby to take up. Depends on what size you've bought.

1/3 usually would cost around $350 w/o anything, that includes just the body and head w/o the eyes and wig.

1/4 .. i'm not really sure though. But just 30-40% cheaper than 1/3, i guess.

1/6, you can ask Kura. I think her's is 1/6? *points at the avatar*

Last edited by ♫ Ayami; 13th February 2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 13th February 2009, 04:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Emosan
Emolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to behold

Liked 154 Times in 109 Posts

In times like this.. it is not advisable to have such a expensive hobby.. save up for a rainy day ^^
The bracelet can sell away if you suddenly need $ but doll abit hard

Sorry but i have to agreed with your mum~
P.S your dad is such a joke lol

Last edited by Emolisher; 13th February 2009 at 05:05 PM.
Emolisher is offline   Add to Emolisher's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Argurios is on a distinguished road

Do whatever you want, just make sure it's all worthwhile and you'll not regret it.

Argurios is offline   Add to Argurios's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 04:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
silverspeed is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Emolisher View Post
In times like this.. it is not advisable to have such a expensive hobby.. save up for a rainy day ^^
At the the bracelet can sell away if you suddenly need $ but doll abit hard

Sorry but i have to agreed with your mum~
P.S your dad is such a joke lol
agreed

Old 13th February 2009, 04:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
RelicDemon12 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 46 Times in 39 Posts

go and find a high paying job, force your parents to retire, buy them a landed property and stay in another one just beside theirs. Buy everythg for them and shower them with luxuries, deposit at least 50% of your salary into their bank account. There!! you convinced your parents!!

RelicDemon12 is offline   Add to RelicDemon12's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 05:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Banao is a jewel in the roughBanao is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, it's one helleva expensive hobby to take up. Depends on what size you've bought.

1/3 usually would cost around $350 w/o anything, that includes just the body and head w/o the eyes and wig.

Woah, thanks for the info. They are certainly not cheap.

JOIN THE PICNIC BASKET CLUB
rep if you like banana nonsense
Banao is offline   Add to Banao's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 05:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

actually those price tt u stated for 1/3 is very very cheap for a 1/3 if it is SGD LOL *coz AA used to cost like... $300++SGD for 1/3* i hate their body =-=

take some offical company for dolls for example... let's look at the company, luts. http://eluts.com

please note tt all the price i stated are in USD!

1/3 is likely to be abt USD$450

1/4 is abt... USD$220

1/6 is like USD$210

of course different company have their different pricing. as for luts... it is pretty moderate for the price if u compare to other company.

my 1/6 is from Angel Fantasy, Sheya. he is from a china company. abt...150USD...plus shipping n some shit ... everything is like ard 300SGD++ this is like onli includes the body n eyes.. just like that @_@

Last edited by kura; 13th February 2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 13th February 2009, 06:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Misttyx is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

think twice...
Im thinking of buying naked doll first..
then save up more money to buy the clothes n wig..
then like will save more money to buy more clothes..
n maybe diff colour eye...^_^
N really will wanna keep buying more n more dolls uh?
i wanna bond with my doll if i get it...
then if like so many doll...then some doll
relationship strained...

Misttyx is offline   Add to Misttyx's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 06:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
xiiaodevil is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will talk to them again and tell them why i like it so much!!!

xiiaodevil is offline   Add to xiiaodevil's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 06:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Emosan
Emolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to behold

Liked 154 Times in 109 Posts

I think its best to wait til you have a stable income before getting involve in this kind of exp hobby

Emolisher is offline   Add to Emolisher's Reputation Reply With Quote