How do you feel about working married women? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Love & Relationships > Family Matters » How do you feel about working married women?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2013, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
abbie.gail27 will become famous soon enough

Liked 28 Times in 27 Posts
How do you feel about working married women?

I am married and mom of 1. My husband and I are always in debate whether or not I should work. My reason for wanting to work is to help him earn more for our daughter and my dream to achieve something for myself. His side, I am to stay home to take care of our daughter. He says women should be at home tending to family and kids.

Question: How do you feel when your wife wants to work or is already working and you have a kid? Should she be working or should she stay at home with the kids?

Sponsors:

Last edited by abbie.gail27; 27th February 2013 at 01:03 PM.
Add to abbie.gail27's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Liked 219 Times in 184 Posts
Re: How do you feel about working married women?

As for me, I leave it to her. Currently she working and oftentimes she say she wanna quit and do some baking, which is her passion. I told her I never once stop her from quiting her job, infect I hinting at her buy buying all the equipment she need for her baking. Well...she still working now..

zainynn is offline   Add to zainynn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

lol..well at least you support her with what she wants and her decisions..men often do not like their women working..afraid their wife would be getting higher pay

abbie.gail27 is offline   Add to abbie.gail27's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Liked 219 Times in 184 Posts

Originally Posted by abbie.gail27 View Post
lol..well at least you support her with what she wants and her decisions..men often do not like their women working..afraid their wife would be getting higher pay
If she get the much higher pay, I had no problem being a house husband after all I'm good at managing household chores. I think the reason why she still wanna work is because she afraid that I stop pampering her.

Last edited by zainynn; 27th February 2013 at 01:59 PM.
zainynn is offline   Add to zainynn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 02:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by zainynn View Post
If she get the much higher pay, I had no problem being a house husband after all I'm good at managing household chores. I think the reason why she still wanna work is because she afraid that I stop pampering her.
maybe..or maybe, just like me, she likes the perks and pressures of working..after all, education would be lost on us women if we did not have a chance to use it professionally.

Old 27th February 2013, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
scheng1 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 48 Times in 46 Posts

Actually not worth to stay at home if you have just 1 kid.
If you have 3 kids, then it makes sense for you to save on childcare and stay at home.
Tell your husband that you will quit after the birth of 3rd child lor, at least you can gain additional 2 x 16 weeks maternity.

Old 27th February 2013, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by scheng1 View Post
Actually not worth to stay at home if you have just 1 kid.
If you have 3 kids, then it makes sense for you to save on childcare and stay at home.
Tell your husband that you will quit after the birth of 3rd child lor, at least you can gain additional 2 x 16 weeks maternity.
right, but don't women have a say on what they want? freedom to choose

Old 3rd March 2013, 10:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
New SGClubber
shirl5 is on a distinguished road

Of course women have a say in what they want to do. I think with only one child at home you should work. If you have more kids it probably would be cheaper to stay home.

shirl5 is offline   Add to shirl5's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
InfinityFrost is a jewel in the roughInfinityFrost is a jewel in the rough

Liked 80 Times in 68 Posts

The decision is entirely up to you. There is a trend for women these days to pursue their careers and I personally think that's wonderful!

InfinityFrost is offline   Add to InfinityFrost's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
workingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to all

Liked 174 Times in 130 Posts

you mentioned earn more for your daughter. is your husband earning enough? what are you trading off by earning more for the family? more personal time with daughter maybe? are you fine with having both working because you trust outside child care? what are you trading off by not personally caring for your daughter? if say outside child care and maids are terrible and untrustworthy, what would you do? who should quit to take care of the family?

dont know your situation, and sexism aside, i think its just that your husband has a different perspective on how better to care for your daughter and i can see myself in his shoe.

abbie.gail27 (6th March 2013)
Old 6th March 2013, 09:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by shirl5 View Post
Of course women have a say in what they want to do. I think with only one child at home you should work. If you have more kids it probably would be cheaper to stay home.
cheaper..with the value of living today set at high to very high, having a mom working for the family regardless of whether she has 1 or more children is really just a way to help hubby earn for a living.

The need for parents to give quality life to their children. And the need of wives (some if not all) to have their skills tried and tested on jobs they can enjoy doing- a plus that they are making money from that work.

Old 6th March 2013, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by InfinityFrost View Post
The decision is entirely up to you. There is a trend for women these days to pursue their careers and I personally think that's wonderful!
I do..I have decided to work..and am in constant debate with my husband about it. I think its just ego that's hindering him to accept my decision and see what help I am giving him to give our daughter the kind of life that she deserves.

Old 6th March 2013, 09:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by workingtoohard View Post
you mentioned earn more for your daughter. is your husband earning enough? what are you trading off by earning more for the family? more personal time with daughter maybe? are you fine with having both working because you trust outside child care? what are you trading off by not personally caring for your daughter? if say outside child care and maids are terrible and untrustworthy, what would you do? who should quit to take care of the family?

dont know your situation, and sexism aside, i think its just that your husband has a different perspective on how better to care for your daughter and i can see myself in his shoe.
good question..

ok..so let me tell you my story..

I was an undergraduate masscommunication student. I was not able to finish school because of financial problems within my family. I married young at age 21 and had our daughter just shy of one year after our wedding. Writing is my passion and I have seen myself as a worthy employee of sorts before. Don't get me wrong, I have been in the situation where my daughter was really too young when we decided, my husband and I that we both leave her with his parents and a nanny. We moved to the city, my husband and I to work. But because our daughter was only 2 at the time, I really needed to go home and resume taking care of her since the nanny was not good enough-will never be good enough to be standing in as mom.

So I'm back home. And it has been 3 years since that time. Our daughter is now 5 and I think I wouldn't be hurting her and her upbringing if I wanna pursue my own career now. She is schooling now and the school she's in is where her grandmom works. With the expenses of my family adding up every day, I NEED to work too. To help my husband. Yes he is earning. But because we are in the province and the cost of living at its all time high, what he earns- not that we live in grandeur- really is not enough.

And so there, my need to work which is also a passion for I want to use my skills and knowledge in a work environment.

I know all the pro's and cons.. But the thing is, deciding to work, though I have a kid, would not be a gamble to my kid's upbringing if its in the right timing and I have prepared everything so as not to jeopardize her welfare. And with regards to time..after work is always a family bonding time. ALWAYS..

Old 6th March 2013, 10:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Veci is on a distinguished road

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

I think working married woman are good in bed , classified under MILF . Bored of your husband , don't worry , post a thread asking for man

Veci is offline   Add to Veci's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 11:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Gingerbread333 is a jewel in the roughGingerbread333 is a jewel in the rough

Liked 98 Times in 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Veci View Post
I think working married woman are good in bed , classified under MILF . Bored of your husband , don't worry , post a thread asking for man
Omg... WHAT??!?!

Gingerbread333 is offline   Add to Gingerbread333's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 11:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
workingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to all

Liked 174 Times in 130 Posts

looks like you did think throughly about this. did you talk to your husband about the points you made? if the kid is in school most of the time, probably wont hurt if you want to make better value of your time by looking for some work. is he maybe worried you might spend too much time working to a point of bringing work home?

Old 7th March 2013, 04:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by Veci View Post
Say what?

Where did this come from? So out of the question..

Old 7th March 2013, 04:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

To answer your question mr workingtoohard, yes..I gave this some thought..Coz like I said, I am in the situation. I am working now as a freelancer.. And work is home-based.. If we are going to delve deeper into this matter, really is confusing why he does not take to working married women. He's set so much limitation and it is really annoying and confusing.

With regards to my daughter, she is schooling and so no problem really..still do all things concerning her..Even take her to and from school and everything in between..

Hay..some men..(my husband in particular)!