How feng shui improved a lawyer's life - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Miscellaneous Interests > Supernatural Zone » How feng shui improved a lawyer's life

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th July 2011, 07:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

 
*StarDust*'s Avatar
 
Posts: 67,882
Join Date: Oct 2007
Likes: 408
Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
Gender:

How feng shui improved a lawyer's life

How feng shui improved a lawyer's life



Lawyer Jamie Ngo never considered feng shui "legit" until the results proved undeniable.

Sun, Jul 24, 2011
The Star/Asia News Network


Lawyer Jamie Ngo never considered feng shui "legit" until the results proved undeniable.

"It's not quantum physics, neither is it a religion. You can be Jewish and still practise it," opines Ngo who grew up surrounded by feng shui practices but dismissed them back then as mere superstition.

Little did she realise that feng shui would later become a lifestyle for her. It began in 2006 when she set out to buy a house.

"I was 26 and I needed assurance that this was the' house," she says.

"I consulted both a local and Taiwanese master. Everything from the layout, furnishing and colour scheme was done in accordance to feng shui principles."

Ngo says feng shui has improved most, if not all, aspects of her life, and she believes it has had a positive impact on her mood, energy, health, relationship and finances.

Before the onset of every lunar new year, she diligently reads up on feng shui tips and follows this up with recommendations to remove the clutter from her life and home.

She says a lot of young professionals like her are practitioners of the ancient art because they have felt its impact. She also enjoys sharing her knowledge and experience.

Fellow lawyer Eileen Chen's start in feng shui began more than a decade ago when she read the books out of curiosity.

"I began to read up on Bazi (divination based on time and date of birth) and even had a feng shui master do a reading for me.

"The Bazi reading described some major happenings in my life and after delving more into the subject, I found that it was interesting how Bazi could reveal so much about a person's character and luck," she enthuses.

Chen believes that feng shui and Bazi are a good combination.

"If there is no indication in a person's Bazi that he will strike a lottery and become rich, no amount of feng shui and renovation to the house will make him strike the lottery.

"However, the chances of a person who has an indication of wealth in his Bazi to get a windfall is higher when the right time comes if his house feng shui is good," she says.

Chen adds that there is a certain science and formula involved when it comes to Chinese metaphysics, including feng shui.

"I've met other feng shui enthusiasts who are engineers, accountants and computer programmers who are good at it because they are good at applying formulas!"

Both Chen and Ngo are 33 years old.

Like Ngo, finance manager Sarah Fong was brought up in a family that believes in feng shui. Her Indonesian mother had studied under several masters.

"My feng shui knowledge is inherited from my mother and our family friends who are feng shui masters," she shares.

Fong would only move into a new place if the date was auspicious and she has an extensive crystal collection strategically placed in her workplace, house and car.

The 36-year-old recently bought an apartment in Petaling Jaya and says that feng shui played a big part in the investment.

"There are reasons behind everything in feng shui. For instance, I would never get a place that's near a temple, hospital or school," she says.

Source: http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%...24-290687.html

Sponsors:
__________________
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline  
Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 06:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
Voodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to behold

 
Voodoo Vince's Avatar
 
Posts: 31,307
Join Date: Oct 2007
Likes: 145
Liked 222 Times in 196 Posts
Gender:

Re: How feng shui improved a lawyer's life

Hmm... But Bazi is determine from birth. It is fixed.

__________________
The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving ~ Albert Einstein

*Have fun on SGClub but pls READ the RULES, Report Bad Posts and Give Reputation to Good Ones!*
Voodoo Vince is offline   Add to Voodoo Vince's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
General_Zhaoyun is just really niceGeneral_Zhaoyun is just really niceGeneral_Zhaoyun is just really nice

 
General_Zhaoyun's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,746
Join Date: Jul 2008
Likes: 22
Liked 43 Times in 34 Posts
Gender:

Re: How feng shui improved a lawyer's life

The Bazi is determined from the birth..I reckon it controls about 20-30% of one's destiny. As for the rest of 70% of one's destiny, it can be changed by oneself. Change by fengshui or by other means...

__________________
子曰: 見賢思齊焉, 見不賢而内自省也!
China History Forum - Learn Chinese History, Language and Culture.

Last edited by General_Zhaoyun; 26th July 2011 at 09:48 AM.
General_Zhaoyun is offline   Add to General_Zhaoyun's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
marzsomeone is on a distinguished road

 
marzsomeone's Avatar
 
Posts: 136
Join Date: Nov 2008
Likes: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Gender:

Re: How feng shui improved a lawyer's life

Originally Posted by General_Zhaoyun View Post
The Bazi is determined from the birth..I reckon it controls about 20-30% of one's destiny. As for the rest of 70% of one's destiny, it can be changed by oneself. Change by fengshui or by other means...
I agree. Though i am offering Feng Shui, Bazi and more services. But I always tell my friends and clients that Bazi determine what type of person you are, It is not your destiny. Fengshui only help to make your life journey smooth. What determine your destiny is you, character is destiny. Just my sharing and thoughts

marzsomeone is offline   Add to marzsomeone's Reputation Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you take Feng Shui predictions seriously and even adjust your life accordingly? *StarDust* Supernatural Zone 25 25th July 2011 08:55 AM
Feng Shui ? restless Supernatural Zone 39 10th April 2009 07:36 AM
Feng Shui... SugarFree Miscellaneous Interests 20 16th November 2008 01:41 AM
Do you believe in Feng Shui? guantanamera Supernatural Zone 40 17th May 2008 12:54 PM
Feng Shui Art brings Good Luck into your Life HUIXIAN SGClub Cafe 7 27th November 2006 03:42 PM

» Sponsors
Watch Free Movies Online
Celebrity Gossip
Food Delivery

» Facebook Fans
» What's Going On?
Title, Username, & Date
Warning : Blacklist buyer/adopter Alert
Simple basic video guide tomassaging your cat
Fire at Bukit Batok flat: 1 victim in critical condition, 2 others taken to hospital
Jail for e-scooter rider who struck one pedestrian on footbridge, then hit another as he...
666 dengue cases recorded last week, a 3.5-year high
Planet Earth
Singapore is now the LEAST democratic country in the WHOLE of Southeast Asia:
Increased GST needed to support rising expenditures
Inspirational Songs
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova
Post anything random on this thread.
Windows 10 - Modern Setup Host Has Stopped - Help Needed
More than 75 per cent of Singaporeans support Hong Kong protests: Survey
Stamford Catering's food hygiene grade cut to 'C' after 52 people fall ill
Several Myanmar nationals arrested for supporting armed violence, will be deported: MHA
Ler Teck Siang allegedly advertised drug injection services on Grindr with profile name...
2 batches of Crottin De Pays goat cheese recalled: Singapore Food Agency
A2 App Performance microSD Review
Singapore bans bottled water from Malaysia's Malee Mineral Water after bacteria found
Your Bones Are Getting Weaker, Here's How to Keep Them Healthy
Featured Photos
by marisoljames322
· · ·
Member Galleries
20359 photos
13619 comments
by marisoljames322
· · ·
Member Galleries
20359 photos
13619 comments
by pdsubbu
· · ·
Member Galleries
20359 photos
13619 comments
by Vikas Dhar
· · ·
Photography
35 photos
36 comments
by aaudreygan
· · ·
Guy Photos
1581 photos
946 comments
by aaudreygan
· · ·
Girl Photos
4352 photos
26390 comments
by a8paris
· · ·
Guy Photos
1581 photos
946 comments
by a8paris
· · ·
Guy Photos
1581 photos
946 comments
by aaricia
· · ·
Girl Photos
4352 photos
26390 comments
by aaricia
· · ·
Girl Photos
4352 photos
26390 comments

 

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright© 2004-2013 SGClub.com. All rights reserved.