Installing DRLs (Day running lights) - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Automobile Forum » Installing DRLs (Day running lights)

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2012, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
New SGClubber
v8biturbo is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Installing DRLs (Day running lights)

Hi guys! I recently bought a pair of DRLs. The kit came pretty raw, so there were only the DRLs, mountings, screws. Ive read a few tutorials and how to videos online on how to install them but most of them came with a module so its not applicable for my case. My DRLs came only with positive and negative wires. The most basic installation that i know would be to just connect the wires to the battery. But there are also other methods like tapping it to the headlight wire, ignition switch etc. Any advice out there on what is the best method and how to install them? Thanks in advance!!

Sponsors:
Add to v8biturbo's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 11:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
logging off
typeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to behold

Liked 312 Times in 239 Posts
Re: Installing DRLs (Day running lights)

Originally Posted by v8biturbo View Post
Hi guys! I recently bought a pair of DRLs. The kit came pretty raw, so there were only the DRLs, mountings, screws. Ive read a few tutorials and how to videos online on how to install them but most of them came with a module so its not applicable for my case. My DRLs came only with positive and negative wires. The most basic installation that i know would be to just connect the wires to the battery. But there are also other methods like tapping it to the headlight wire, ignition switch etc. Any advice out there on what is the best method and how to install them? Thanks in advance!!

You can tap wires directly from the headlight relay which should be in your fuse box or close by in the engine bay. Even though LEDs don't really consume much power, I'd still go through a relay instead of tapping it from any 12v source. Should be a simple job, probably 30mins total. Remember to disconnect the battery and be very careful when using wrenches on terminals, don't want to short circuit with the car's body. D=

The most difficult part in these kind of things would be where to mount it. I wouldn't drill into bodywork or cut holes.
These kind of bling stuff, 3M tape would be the best IMO. Just stick under the front air dam/intake.

and so on to viscosity.

Last edited by typeX; 19th November 2012 at 11:09 PM.
typeX is offline   Add to typeX's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2012, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
New SGClubber
v8biturbo is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Installing DRLs (Day running lights)

Originally Posted by typeX View Post
You can tap wires directly from the headlight relay which should be in your fuse box or close by in the engine bay. Even though LEDs don't really consume much power, I'd still go through a relay instead of tapping it from any 12v source. Should be a simple job, probably 30mins total. Remember to disconnect the battery and be very careful when using wrenches on terminals, don't want to short circuit with the car's body. D=

The most difficult part in these kind of things would be where to mount it. I wouldn't drill into bodywork or cut holes.
These kind of bling stuff, 3M tape would be the best IMO. Just stick under the front air dam/intake.
Mind me for this noob question but how do i tap wires directly from the headlight relay? Does this mean soldering the wires or just purely inserting wires?

v8biturbo is offline   Add to v8biturbo's Reputation Reply With Quote

Tags
day running lights, drl