My Japan 12D Itinerary (Free & Easy) - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Travel Talk > Japan » My Japan 12D Itinerary (Free & Easy)

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2008, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
jinhoe is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Japan 12D Itinerary (Free & Easy)

Hello Friends,

For those planning for Japan trip, this can be a good reference. It contain maps, train maps, cheapest and good hotel in Osaka, Tokyo, reference link, price, places, how to get there, etc.

This trip covers Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto, Tokyo. I spend total $3500 for 12 days. (includes food, hotel, air-ticket, train, japan product, everything)

I spend months preparing this itinerary (65pages) and it is extremely useful, I want to share it with u all. Quite a big file, but its worth it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?7mtipiwqgmu

To see the photo I've taken;
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.ph...2&id=765564005
*there are more album link in my facebook.

Japan is really a nice place!
Enjoy.

Lian Jin Hoe
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=765564005

Add to jinhoe's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
golf29 is on a distinguished road

Re: My Japan 12D Itinerary (Free & Easy)

great effort, too little pix...

golf29 is offline   Add to golf29's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
facevoid will become famous soon enoughfacevoid will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow
3.5k per head?
nevertheless.
still a good deal.
thanks for the effort. heheh.

Orange Caramel! ♥.
facevoid is offline   Add to facevoid's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by golf29 View Post
great effort, too little pix...
Do you mean in the itinerary? Well I never really search for picture, I search more on "how-to-get-there".

Well you can refer photo of nice places in my facebook. I sort into different album with different date hence there are about 12 links to view all photo. It's better if you log in your facebook can view from there, so you can access to the entire album.

Or if troublesome, I can upload to the web upon request.

Thanks for your comment.

Old 3rd September 2008, 12:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by facevoid View Post
wow
3.5k per head?
nevertheless.
still a good deal.
thanks for the effort. heheh.
Hi, thanks.

Sure it is,as my accommodation is one of the affordable yet cosy. Highly recommended!
Of course I only spend about S$700+ on Japan product.. I really tried to CONTROL!

Old 4th September 2008, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
New SGClubber
charleneB is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi JinHoe,

Thanks for sharing your itinerary, did you stay in the Inn in Kawaguchiko Station that you put on the compiled adobe file? I am planning for a short FnB trip this nov to Tokyo and thinking of adding a night at Hakone to visit Mt. Fuji.

charleneB is offline   Add to charleneB's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello charleneB,

I last minute canceled my visit to Mt.Fuji cause;
1. Only me and my gf, so gotta carry heavy luggage up the bus, train. Worry bus crowded, with luggage very troublesome.
2. We more on shopping, so giving this a missed.

However my friend stayed in that Inn in Kawaguchiko Station, highly recommended. People their extremely friendly and can speak English. Stay is comfortable and cosy, but the toilet/shower is shared.

In Tokyo station you might find tour agency in it, and they may have this 1 day tour to Fuji. You can try that out if you prefer someone to guide you there in Tokyo. But prepare enough info for you to get there yourself just in case.

Why not you shift your trip backward and enjoy White Christmas in Japan? If you into J-pop, you can even plan to watch Ayumi countdown concert! OMG... I wanna go again.. laughs..

Old 4th September 2008, 06:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

I couldn't get the air ticket in December too bad have to miss the white Christmas. The Ryokan you book in Tokyo at Asakusa Ryokan, was very cheap. Is the location easy to find and easy to return to Narita airport? I mean traveling with luggage and long walking distance.

Want to save some bucks so will not take the local tour. Its rather expensive to take the 1D tour from sunrise.

Old 5th September 2008, 12:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by charleneB View Post
Hi,

I couldn't get the air ticket in December too bad have to miss the white Christmas. The Ryokan you book in Tokyo at Asakusa Ryokan, was very cheap. Is the location easy to find and easy to return to Narita airport? I mean traveling with luggage and long walking distance.

Want to save some bucks so will not take the local tour. Its rather expensive to take the 1D tour from sunrise.
That Ryokan is the best and cheapest I can find in Tokyo. I stayed in the 1st floor with private bath. It is really an enjoyable experience. It's like living in topical Japanese home, very cosy. Location is easy, just print out the map below and follow through, you will never get lost; http://www.toukaisou.com/eng_access.html

I recall when we reached TAWARAMACHI station, it was raining and strong cold wind. We were like dragging the luggage with umbrella! Lucky there are shelter along the way, only need umbrella when you turn left into the alley. It is just 5~10 mins walk from TAWARAMACHI station. No problem at all.

Opposite the street you will find this shopping mall call ROX (in the map as well). There is a supermarket in basement selling cheap things, like NTUC. I suggest get your Japanese biscuits,tibits,etc there. It is much cheaper. Also I HIGHLY recommend to buy the strawberries there! It is SUPER SWEET and TASTY! I had the strawberries photo taken in my facebook!

Hmm.. lastly regarding your trip to Mt.Fuji, you can seek for huge locker to put your luggage in the train station. Just transfer a day & night toiletries/clothings into a small bag, and head to Fuji, it will be easier to move around. Lockers are everywhere in the train station.

Every memory in Japan still crystal clear in my mind, though it was about 6mths ago.

Old 5th September 2008, 12:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
taku is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

3500 S$? or $? How much is the air ticket?

taku is offline   Add to taku's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 07:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taku View Post
3500 S$? or $? How much is the air ticket?
Its S$3,500. Air-ticket if I'm not wrong is S$668 net(include airport tax,etc) Northwest Airline.
You may want to download the file for more detail.

Old 5th September 2008, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
eTourSingapore is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Jun Hao
great job with the itinerary and very nice photos. It's very helpful. I hope to go back to Japan again and I'll look carefully at your itinerary.

I was also very impressed with the Japanese. I've only seen Tokyo and Mt Fuji. But I've seen enough to know that they are a very organised, hospitable people. We have a lot to learn from them. Actually, Japan a must-do for anyone who hopes to be in the hotel, tourism or any hospitality industry.

In the ramen shops, they clean the toilet immediately after anyone use it. No speck of dust escapes the cleaners at Disneyland. They go all out to help with directions. They'll mistake you as a local if you look oriental, but the moment they know you're not Japanese, they go to the extreme to make your stay unforgettable. What a people!

Really, really miss the place.

Old 5th September 2008, 02:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, you got the tickets cheap! Now NWA air ticket per head is $820/- its more expensive. From the picture the hotel looks rather good, only the extra transfer of train from the JR East. I am thinking of getting the NEX and Suica pass if were to stay in the hotel. Any advice on the pass?

Old 5th September 2008, 05:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eTourSingapore View Post
Hi Jun Hao
great job with the itinerary and very nice photos. It's very helpful. I hope to go back to Japan again and I'll look carefully at your itinerary.

I was also very impressed with the Japanese. I've only seen Tokyo and Mt Fuji. But I've seen enough to know that they are a very organised, hospitable people. We have a lot to learn from them. Actually, Japan a must-do for anyone who hopes to be in the hotel, tourism or any hospitality industry.

In the ramen shops, they clean the toilet immediately after anyone use it. No speck of dust escapes the cleaners at Disneyland. They go all out to help with directions. They'll mistake you as a local if you look oriental, but the moment they know you're not Japanese, they go to the extreme to make your stay unforgettable. What a people!

Really, really miss the place.
Hi, thanks! Took quite an effort preparing it so I think will be wasted if only I'm the one using.

I heard that being a cleaner in Tokyo Disneyland, you have to undergo 1 week of training, whole Disney map in your head, basic English, etc. There will be a session where different brands of digital camera put on the table, the cleaner must be able to use them and take decent photo!

Anyway they did, in fact all the Japanese did make my stay unforgettable. I miss Japan.

Last edited by jinhoe; 5th September 2008 at 05:21 PM.
jinhoe is offline   Add to jinhoe's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 05:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by charleneB View Post
Hey, you got the tickets cheap! Now NWA air ticket per head is $820/- its more expensive. From the picture the hotel looks rather good, only the extra transfer of train from the JR East. I am thinking of getting the NEX and Suica pass if were to stay in the hotel. Any advice on the pass?
Aiyo, last time oil price still low ma.

I'm not too sure about NEX and Suica pass, I using 7 day JR pass. I require to aboard Shinkansen traveling from Tokyo to Osaka, then back to Tokyo after 6 days. The Shinkansen ticket is very ex (can't recall the exact) so getting JR pass and use it for Shinkansen is worth it. I still have a day to expire when I reach Tokyo, after that just use the vending machine to purchase tickets.

Depend on how you plan your trip. You have to consider the no.of days in Japan, no.of trains you estimate you gonna take, and which train. (cause JR pass only for JR train)

End of the day just maximize the ticket as in those destination which requires few train trips try to go there while the ticket still valid, for those "1 train can reach" destination then use vending machine and go there only when your ticket expire.

Hope it helps.

Old 5th September 2008, 08:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Lethia will become famous soon enoughLethia will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Heya~

I'm planning to go with my hubby next month for 1 week to Tokyo just wondering wether it's advisable to go from Narita Airport to our hotel nearby Hamacho station by bus or train ? We tried to find hotel/ryokan nearest to Akiba (akihabara) but most of them r full

We're planning to go around Akiba-Shinjuku-Shibuya-Harajuku in this 7 days, will be travelling ourselves without tour guide (to cut cost & since I know some basic nihongo). Any idea wether they will be map or guidebook in the stations ?

Any place to recommend too? I heard Shinjuku has the best & cheapest food places

Old 6th September 2008, 01:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lethia View Post
Heya~

I'm planning to go with my hubby next month for 1 week to Tokyo just wondering wether it's advisable to go from Narita Airport to our hotel nearby Hamacho station by bus or train ? We tried to find hotel/ryokan nearest to Akiba (akihabara) but most of them r full

We're planning to go around Akiba-Shinjuku-Shibuya-Harajuku in this 7 days, will be travelling ourselves without tour guide (to cut cost & since I know some basic nihongo). Any idea wether they will be map or guidebook in the stations ?

Any place to recommend too? I heard Shinjuku has the best & cheapest food places
Hello!

I would prefer train as it is much easier. You can just ask the staff which lane to Hamacho station. They do have the map, just look around once you touch down Narita airport. At the basement (train area) they have tour agency. You can get map there.

I'm not sure cheap or best food, cause most of the food simply taste best and pricey.

Do drop by tokyo tower at night, it is really beautiful at night. But don't go to the highest floor/level, you need to pay extra and nothing much to see. *DON'T buy the tower souvenir at the observer floor/level, after you finish, go to the basement they sell the same thing in lower price.

After that you can try walk from tokyo tower to hard rock cafe. It's a bit trick, but its fun to explore your way there. Takes about 20mins walk there, enjoy the scene.

You can download my itinerary for more info.

Old 6th September 2008, 01:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
GReeee[N] is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hello! im oso planning to go japan with my frens end of year, treating it as after o lvl reward =).
im still a student so budget much tighter. ur itenary has provided mi with lots of info and help. thx man!

Old 6th September 2008, 01:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

By the way be careful in Shinjuku. I read that its not so safe as it is gangster, "hei she hui" hanging place. However as a couple they usually won't disturb, but try not to be alone.

We went there didn't feel or see anything unsafe, but still stay alert. The popular place in Shinjuku is the red-light district. I never really done any research on that cause I never expect my gf interested to check it out... my mistake.. sad. We can't find the place due to lack of research. Maybe hidden..?

I just search from Wiki;
A district well-known for bars, restaurants and red-light district with street prostitutes, brothels, and other sexual commerce. Located northeast of Shinjuku Station.

Old 6th September 2008, 01:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GReeee[N] View Post
hello! im oso planning to go japan with my frens end of year, treating it as after o lvl reward =).
im still a student so budget much tighter. ur itenary has provided mi with lots of info and help. thx man!
Cool.. nowadays kids are so rich.. Japan is like a dream place to me when I was taking o lvl.
Actually you all can check out this capsule hotel, maybe it is much cheaper. Something which you can only experience it in Japan. In short, its like staying in a luxury coffin. Google for more info.

I didn't search on that as my gf don't like it. Glad you find it useful.