JC H2 MATH HELP - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > School Life > Math Help » JC H2 MATH HELP

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2013, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
PWT
New SGClubber
PWT is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JC H2 MATH HELP

Hi SGClubbers. So I've just entered JC about like 1 month or so and would like to do well for H2 math. As you know, for math is all about practice and practice. So any fellow JC peeps or those who took H2 math recommend me some guidebook to do? Cause I highly doubt doing tutorial is enough. And also during my o level time, I bough like the Longman amath guidebook and kept practising and practising and manage to secure my a1 in O level. So I'm thinking of like repeating this method again to secure my A in JC. So yea. Can anyone recommend the guidebook or assessment books for me to do? And also where I could possibly get them like at Popular or which bookstore etc? Thanks! (:

Sponsors:
Add to PWT's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
EightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 293 Times in 260 Posts
Re: JC H2 MATH HELP

I went to popular to find this but aunty told me out of stock. J1 just started somemore

EightyOne is offline   Add to EightyOne's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
whitecorp is a glorious beacon of lightwhitecorp is a glorious beacon of lightwhitecorp is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 211 Times in 174 Posts

Save your money on them texts. You need none of them. Period.

Peace.

whitecorp is offline   Add to whitecorp's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
ZacharyOnly1 will become famous soon enough

Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

i second Whitecorp.
and cs toh guide book for maths is not really good in my opinion. What is good is practice and practice.

ZacharyOnly1 is offline   Add to ZacharyOnly1's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
PWT
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

@whitecorp
Sorry but I don't really get what you mean by "Save your money on them texts". And also if that's the case then how do you suggest I study for math? Really appreciate your help. Thanks!

PWT is offline   Add to PWT's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
PWT
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

@ZacharyOnly1
Hi thanks for your opinion. Yea I know its all about practice and practice but there's limited questions to practice in tutorials and stuff so do you have any like assessment/guide books to recommend? Like in this way got more questions to practice and more things to guide me through ma. Anyway pardon me cause I'm new to JC and maybe still not used to how JC works. Anyway thanks for your time!

Old 3rd March 2013, 08:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
PWT
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

@ZacharyOnly1
Hi thanks for your opinion. Yea I know its all about practice and practice but there's limited questions to practice in tutorials and stuff so do you have any like assessment/guide books to recommend? Like in this way got more questions to practice and more things to guide me through ma. Anyway pardon me cause I'm new to JC and maybe still not used to how JC works. Anyway thanks for your time!

Old 3rd March 2013, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Honesty is a virtue~
Tetrahedron is a jewel in the roughTetrahedron is a jewel in the rough

Liked 156 Times in 111 Posts

Originally Posted by PWT View Post
@ZacharyOnly1
Here's the thing. Your teachers should have ample resources for you to prepare for your exams. So just open your mouth and ask when you need any additional resources.

Old 4th March 2013, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
EightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of light

The cs toh got alot of practise with step by step solutions

Old 4th April 2013, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
New SGClubber
blackblackkong is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post

I went to popular to find this but aunty told me out of stock. J1 just started somemore
which pop you buy from one? have never seen it in at least 5 diff branches leh

blackblackkong is offline   Add to blackblackkong's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 08:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
New SGClubber
LisaC is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, practice makes perfect and u shld definitely practice more to attain the A! That's what I did anw and got~ Anw, I have math practice papers aka JC prelim papers if u wanna practice. There are qns fr 2007-2012. Would be willing to sell them to u at a REALLY LOW PRICE. U can PM or call me at 93534930 if u need it. Gd luck w ur revision!

Last edited by LisaC; 25th April 2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Give more description
LisaC is offline   Add to LisaC's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 09:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Jodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to behold

Liked 54 Times in 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LisaC View Post
Yes, practice makes perfect and u shld def practice more to attain the A. I have math practice papers arranged in topical mode fr JC prelim papers if u wanna practice. There are qns fr 2007-2012. Would be willing to sell them to u at a really low price. U can PM or call me at 93534930 if u need it. Gd luck w ur revision!
Hi guys. Free topical paper for A lvl maths. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ww00o1k7qqu4gv/oL5vzjzLvM

Ignore bitches like LisaC.

Old 25th April 2013, 06:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FYI, I have math questions from 2012 Prelims which are obviously the latest and most updated. Jodar, i think u shld go chk ur dropbox n see what kind of ANCIENT maths questions u have. 2008!?!? WHAT YEAR IS THIS?? COME ON, my granny can do better and upload 2010 QNS. EVERY DOLLAR IS WORTH ITS VALUE - this phrase works here perfectly - conspicuous or what?

Besides, I was just trying to help our friend here and merely informing and recommending him something. I was NOT EVEN COERCING him or sth.

Furthermore, who are you to CALL ME A BITCH? U hv ur right to share ur two cents worth w him but do u hv to insult others? R u so devoid of vocab? Then i pity u. But i doubt it. Calling someone whom u dont even know bitch simply gives me the impression u spread this 5 letter word everywhere.

Enough said. Now, WHO'S THE BITCH HERE?

Last edited by LisaC; 25th April 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 25th April 2013, 08:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

After 4 months of H2 math, you definitely extra sources of pratice. Tutorials not sufficient

Old 25th April 2013, 10:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
whitecorp is a glorious beacon of lightwhitecorp is a glorious beacon of lightwhitecorp is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 211 Times in 174 Posts

FYI, I have math questions from 2012 Prelims which are obviously the latest and most updated. Jodar, i think u shld go chk ur dropbox n see what kind of ANCIENT maths questions u have. 2008!?!? WHAT YEAR IS THIS?? COME ON, my granny can do better and upload 2010 QNS. EVERY DOLLAR IS WORTH ITS VALUE - this phrase works here perfectly - conspicuous or what?

Besides, I was just trying to help our friend here and merely informing and recommending him something. I was NOT EVEN COERCING him or sth.

Furthermore, who are you to CALL ME A BITCH? U hv ur right to share ur two cents worth w him but do u hv to insult others? R u so devoid of vocab? Then i pity u. But i doubt it. Calling someone whom u dont even know bitch simply gives me the impression u spread this 5 letter word everywhere.

While Jodar was downright rude to label you as a bitch, don't for a moment make the mistake of presuming that 2008 (or even the earlier years) prelim papers are outdated. This isn't fashion, where only the latest wear counts for something and last summer's stock is seen as passe. I routinely use questions from papers dated as far back as the 90s (and even 80s) when preparing my students for examinations.

In a nutshell, chill. Nobody is stopping you from selling your stuff, and nobody has the right either.

Peace.

whitecorp is offline   Add to whitecorp's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2013, 11:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Jodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to behold

Lol, whatever.

I don't profit from something that's not mine. You didn't make those notes - if you sincerely want to help others, give it away.

I share my stuff with others. I don't earn a quick buck out of others' efforts.

Btw, stop being so overbearing - it just proves my point.

Have a nice day.

Old 25th April 2013, 11:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by whitecorp View Post
While Jodar was downright rude to label you as a bitch, don't for a moment make the mistake of presuming that 2008 (or even the earlier years) prelim papers are outdated. This isn't fashion, where only the latest wear counts for something and last summer's stock is seen as passe. I routinely use questions from papers dated as far back as the 90s (and even 80s) when preparing my students for examinations.

In a nutshell, chill. Nobody is stopping you from selling your stuff, and nobody has the right either.

Peace.
I don't find myself rude LOL.

Her purpose of posting in this thread is not out of any genuine desire to help the TS, but rather one of trying to make a quick profit. (See her post: http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/s...ff_476125.html) My point is justified by her reply to my post, in which she was really trying to explain how good her stuff is. ("EVERY DOLLAR IS WORTH ITS VALUE")

Anyway, she chanced upon this topic after posting her advertisement and took the opportunity to pass off some meaningless comment in order to advertise her product. ("Yes, practice makes perfect and u shld definitely practice more to attain the A! That's what I did anw and got~ Anw I have..." - emphasis mine).

In the first place, it's pretty clear that you're not supposed to advertise any product or service other than in the Classifieds section ("No advertising or self-promotion of any sort" - emphasis mine). In some ways, her post in this thread can be interpreted as a spam or an advertisement. (In what other topic is she interested in? None! She's here to peddle her wares!) It is standard practice (culture) that we do not have to respect spammers or advertisers.

I think there is a distinction between her form of advertising/selling of services vs. your more implicit way of reaching out to potential clients. What you're doing involves your personal time, effort and resources - much of these resources are created and owned by you. At the end of the day, there is a form of benefit to the community. In LisaC's case, it is merely an attempt of opportunistic profit at the expense of a desperate community member. (And she didn't exactly create the things she intends to sell!)

Anyway, sorry for the sidetrack. I hope the free stuff in the dropbox is useful, PWT!

Last edited by Jodar; 26th April 2013 at 12:07 AM.
Jodar is offline   Add to Jodar's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 12:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jodar View Post
I don't find myself rude LOL.

Her purpose of posting in this thread is not out of any genuine desire to help the TS, but rather one of trying to make a quick profit. (See her post: http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/s...ff_476125.html) My point is justified by her reply to my post, in which she was really trying to explain how good her stuff is. ("EVERY DOLLAR IS WORTH ITS VALUE")

Anyway, she chanced upon this topic after posting her advertisement and took the opportunity to pass off some meaningless comment in order to advertise her product. ("Yes, practice makes perfect and u shld definitely practice more to attain the A! That's what I did anw and got~ Anw I have..." - emphasis mine).

In the first place, it's pretty clear that you're not supposed to advertise any product or service other than in the Classifieds section ("No advertising or self-promotion of any sort" - emphasis mine). In some ways, her post in this thread can be interpreted as a spam or an advertisement. (In what other topic is she interested in? None! She's here to peddle her wares!) It is standard practice (culture) that we do not have to respect spammers or advertisers.

I think there is a distinction between her form of advertising/selling of services vs. your more implicit way of reaching out to potential clients. What you're doing involves your personal time, effort and resources - much of these resources are created and owned by you. At the end of the day, there is a form of benefit to the community. In LisaC's case, it is merely an attempt of opportunistic profit at the expense of a desperate community member. (And she didn't exactly create the things she intends to sell!)

Anyway, sorry for the sidetrack. I hope the free stuff in the dropbox is useful, PWT!
Hello?? How on earth is my post a spam? This thread is about needing help in H2 Math and I'm recommending math resources for him. And only MATH. If I were really a spammer, I wouldn't let off the opportunity to recommend other TOTALLY UNRELATED subjects that I sell too right? I'm not only selling math paper ok? B4 my post, sb else recommended some assessment bks what, with photo some more loh, u mean they are also spammers lah?

2. How do u know I didn't create the resources I'm gonna sell? I hv math notes that are created by me which helped me attained my A. Trying contacting me N understanding the situation before U ASSUME.

3. Spewing uncouth words like BITCH to others DOESN'T make u ANY better than any downright spammer. N u know what's the most pathetic thing? U NOT admitting it. I'm absolutely accepting of the reply made by whitecorp about Math not being a fashion while ure just trying to rebel and rebel. So what if sb is a spammer? He/She is a way better person than u r. N u hv no right to call others a bitch as and when u like. Admit that fact. What goes ard comes bk ard, I advise u to stop these verbal abuse and make this community a better place.

Old 5th May 2013, 10:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Hello?? How on earth is my post a spam? This thread is about needing help in H2 Math and I'm recommending math resources for him. And only MATH. If I were really a spammer, I wouldn't let off the opportunity to recommend other TOTALLY UNRELATED subjects that I sell too right? I'm not only selling math paper ok? B4 my post, sb else recommended some assessment bks what, with photo some more loh, u mean they are also spammers lah?

2. How do u know I didn't create the resources I'm gonna sell? I hv math notes that are created by me which helped me attained my A. Trying contacting me N understanding the situation before U ASSUME.

3. Spewing uncouth words like BITCH to others DOESN'T make u ANY better than any downright spammer. N u know what's the most pathetic thing? U NOT admitting it. I'm absolutely accepting of the reply made by whitecorp about Math not being a fashion while ure just trying to rebel and rebel. So what if sb is a spammer? He/She is a way better person than u r. N u hv no right to call others a bitch as and when u like. Admit that fact. What goes ard comes bk ard, I advise u to stop these verbal abuse and make this community a better place.
LOL whatever.

An opportunistic person offering empty assistance to a desperate person, taking the chance to sell wares which she did not create = bitch. And no, you weren't trying to sell notes made by you - you were trying to sell, I quote, "I have math practice papers aka JC prelim papers if u wanna practice. There are qns fr 2007-2012."

Please try harder.

Last edited by Jodar; 5th May 2013 at 10:30 AM.
Jodar is offline   Add to Jodar's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 11:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
InfinityFrost is a jewel in the roughInfinityFrost is a jewel in the rough

Liked 80 Times in 68 Posts

PWT can buy the papers if he desires, he doesn't have to if he doesn't.

Anyway, I have found, in my own experience, that school notes are often more comprehensive and updated as compared to these textbooks. There are minor tweaks to the syllabus once every few years and your teachers/lecturers will be much more able to create notes which can cater to said modifications. Buying prelim papers and topical prelim questions is fine. But I doubt that will be of much necessity - You can ask for these from your teachers for free! I spent a great deal of money buying papers only to realize that I didn't have the time to complete them. Worse still, what I bought for around $140 was available for free from my teachers had I requested it from them instead.

InfinityFrost is offline   Add to InfinityFrost's Reputation Reply With Quote

Tags
h2 math help, jc math