karma - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Miscellaneous Interests > Supernatural Zone » karma

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2008, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
olen is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hmm.. talk about that...i dun really trust that so much ler...
when i first come to sg... i helped alot frens searching for job... help this help that..etc etc

how come, lately when i m down.. still got no ppl to help but added more my burden ler.
how to trust 'karma'??? u tell me..

and summore, i dun trust helping a frens will earn merit or wht ler.... it develop phobia for me ler..
coz as i mentioned above..
i helped them with my millions of hand and yet..so far until now..i dun see any outcome but yet give me more trouble...

thats all...so, u think is fair??

just shaRin

Sponsors:
Add to olen's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
mosidiot is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: karma

no such things as karma de lar.. If you are a christian and you do good behind others back, your deeds will be paid full in the heaven, don't you worry...

as for you need a job badly? seek the kingdom of God first and all shall be given to you...

Last edited by mosidiot; 7th December 2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: changed heaven to God
mosidiot is offline   Add to mosidiot's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

seek heaven, the heaven must be very busy after that lor coz millions of ppl seeking heaven's help..only once a while.. okay de la...
thats me..

olen is offline   Add to olen's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
mosidiot is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry type.. is kingdom of God.. and dude.. you underestimated God... even trillions of people seeking God at the same time, your prayer will be still answered one... God is onmipotent, is here to help you and watch over you dude..

mosidiot is offline   Add to mosidiot's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
friendshipz has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the karma will come to you in a different way or different form, when i picked up wallet or handphone, i returned to the owner, just recently i lost my wallet, of course my hope of getting back my wallet is slim, but oh well, i learnt a lesson not to be careless and the price wasnt cheap.

Old 7th December 2008, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
KayKei is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Karma. The ever lasting cycle of good deeds and bad. Of course, if you do good deeds and actually EXPECT something in return, even in the form of karma, then that good deed probabaly won't be that good a deed to do anymore. A good deed done is a good deed done without expecting any form of reciprocation whatsoever.

Old 7th December 2008, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Shishkejo is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KayKei View Post
Karma. The ever lasting cycle of good deeds and bad. Of course, if you do good deeds and actually EXPECT something in return, even in the form of karma, then that good deed probabaly won't be that good a deed to do anymore. A good deed done is a good deed done without expecting any form of reciprocation whatsoever.
lol true.
But something struck me. What if you were doing a bad deed in the first place, and you expect some form of reciprocation from the other parties, will karma NOT happen to you?

Tricky yeah? How come it only applies to good deeds and not bad deeds?

After much consideration, I have concluded in me that these types of thing are just what we humans believe in. There's no concrete evidence in backing the idea. It's like, you could say something of another form will be rewarded for your good deed. Oh come on, if I do a good deed now at this moment, something good WILL OF COURSE happen to me for the next 50 years to come. It's just a matter of time.

And when I do a bad deed now at this moment, something good WILL ALSO happen to me for the next 50 years to come. Is that partially logical?

Shishkejo is offline   Add to Shishkejo's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so, better dun trust so much bout karma deh...
trust more in 4D or TOTO draw...
at least 0.0000001% to win big and fatt tat liou lu...

olen is offline   Add to olen's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
HatakeKakashi is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It Not don't have Karma,It Just The time not come yet..

Old 8th December 2008, 12:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
siamong016 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

go to study wat karma this word means . it does`nt mean tat u get back wat good or bad deed u did this life , but itz sure will pays u back when the time is ripe so becareful wat u do or did this life

siamong016 is offline   Add to siamong016's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 11:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
PRAYzBOY is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oh a good discussion......
about "KARMA"
every1 hav their point.....in european country there ppl who still can remember his pass life.
So their even beleive wat is recarnation no matter wat religion there r.
If u hav beleive recarnation den u shld bliv Karma.
It a chain circle of life,de karma will follow u till it complete and it can be forwarded if not return.
i better shut up!
lot of expert n senior out watching........

Old 8th December 2008, 06:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
chakrang is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote from Guide to Buddhism A to Z about Kamma (Pali) or Karma (Sanskrit)

The Pali word kamma means 'action' and in Buddhist doctrine refers to any intentional mental, verbal or bodily act. The Buddha says: 'I say that intention is kamma, because having first intended one acts with body, speech or mind.' (A.III,415). According to the Buddha, every intentional action modifies our consciousness, thus building our character and thereby influencing our behaviour, our experience and consequently our destiny. Positive intentional actions (motivated by generosity, love and wisdom) tend towards consequences that are experienced as positive while intentional negative actions (motivated by greed, hatred and delusion) tends towards consequences that are experienced as negative.
The doctrine of kamma is probably the most misunderstood of all the Buddha's teachings. The four most common misunderstandings are these.
(1) everything which happens to us is the result of our past kamma. In actual fact, Buddhism recognized at least four other broad causes of why things happen, including because of the operation of natural laws, biological laws, physical laws and physchological laws (As.854; A.III,62)
(2) we can never escape from the consequences of our past actions. If this were true then we would be completely determined by our past and unable to change and attain Enlightenment. (A.I,249). What Buddhism does teach is that several strong intentional good actions may very well modify or even cancel out a bad action and vice versa (Dhp.173). Thus it is correct to say that we are conditioned by our kamma rather than determined by it.
(3) our experiences in the present life are due to what we did in our last life and what we do now will have an effect in the future life. In reality, many of our actions have a result immediately or soon after we have done them, i.e. in the present life.
(4) the fourth common misunderstanding is what might be called 'kammic naivety', i.e. if you kick a monk in this life you will be reborn with a club foot in your next life, if you swear in this life you will have bad breadth in your next life, if you are generous in this life you will be rich in your next life. This, of course, is rather silly. because kamma is primarily psychological (i.e. intention), its manifestation is primarily psychological. It only affects our physical form and circumstances to the degree that the mind can have an influence on the physical, as for example when prolonged worry can cause physical illness.The main effect kamma has upon us is how we feel (happy, neutral or unhappy) and which realm we will be reborn into.

hope this will help to have a better understanding of karma or kamma......

chakrang is offline   Add to chakrang's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 06:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear Chakrang,

Im really admire u wit this kind of explaination given.......tis explaination gived like a priest or hi ranking monk.
Im jus bli~blar around without strong foundation....u de man for this topic.
Amithabha!

Old 8th December 2008, 10:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Jinxmy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mosidiot View Post
no such things as karma de lar.. If you are a christian and you do good behind others back, your deeds will be paid full in the heaven, don't you worry...

as for you need a job badly? seek the kingdom of God first and all shall be given to you...
EH BRO...... God wont help ppl who dun help themself...
if i seek god everyday and dun work ... money wil come ar...? LOL...
If need job.. u should advise him/her to look for job more harder.....
in nowdays life...... nothing comes easy..

Last edited by Jinxmy; 8th December 2008 at 11:00 PM.
Jinxmy is offline   Add to Jinxmy's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 11:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
revis is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, shouldnt you be helping them because you want to in the first place? Hmm...

For example, it is really not the point to do donation if you just want to think it affects you karma or stuff, even if you did help those in need and stuff. Its better if you help them because you sincerely want to.

All i can say is, when you help try not to expect too much in return? Its hard though. But at least when someone pay you back its feel good and not like "he suppose do it anyway", or worst if no one pay you back/or help you back, you feel let down or pissed off.

Last edited by revis; 8th December 2008 at 11:03 PM.
revis is offline   Add to revis's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 11:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yah loh....
dun ever expect anything in return no matter wat u do.
Help is frm ur heart not a trade(system bata)

Old 8th December 2008, 11:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
autumnorange is on a distinguished road

Help your friends because you truly want to. Of course, you can be accumulating good deeds for your own conscience/karma as well, but don't expect that to be the main point when you help them out. Karma will come when the time is ripe.

Old 8th December 2008, 11:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
IMANOOB is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear Olen,

Your doubt about the existence of karma is well-founded, but sadly it is shortsighted. Allow me to help you understand its nature. Karma, is not as simple as most people thought it to be. It does not work like a vending machine, where you put in coin and it dispenses the item, nor does it work like how office worker work, and be repaid at the end of the month.It is something that is not to be understood with simple equations.

You might ask, then how does karma really works? Let me ask you this in kind, Have you ever wondered about how your life is actually going, from the moment you sleep, wake up, and interact with other people? Have you ever realized, that even though you're in full control of what you're doing everyday,THERE ARE many little things that actually affect what you do, what you decide, and what sort of things you might sow in the future? E.g., when you decide what burger to order in McD, you will order what you like, but say, if somehow there is a freak accident in McD and all they can provide just 3 burgers, then your choice is limited. That is one example of how your life may change because of one small incident.

Now, back to our karma explanation, i'll say this is how karma works. It affects every little things in our life, from what people we meet, what sort of activities we do, what sort of lesson we might reap in future, and what opportunities might present itself to us. But this is not the end of my karma explanation, for it is important to understand , that sometimes karmic fruit might have manifested itself in our life, but we lack the skill to perceive it. Moreover, we must understand that THERE ARE a wide range of benefit from karma. It is not as shallow to restrict itself to material gains, as there is something more beneficial than mere worldy pleasures. That is experience, what we have learned from what we have done, that is something we may reap from our life, if we are able to receive what karma has taught us. Please, try to understand that sometimes hardship does not equal misery.

It is not wrong to say that karma might repay us in the most unimaginable way possible, and so this does also happen to they who chose to commit crimes. Olen, to summarize what i had said in this overblown story, allow me to recite this poem from dhammapaddha. 'He who does good, even though wealth has not approached him yet, but danger has distanced itself from him. He who does evil, even though wealth has been given to him, danger approaches him.'

IMANOOB added 29 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

As for your current situation, Olen,

I must say, you are indeed very kind to always lend a helping hand towards others, despite the fact that they might treat you badly. Not many people have that sort of patience, nor willingness to do so.

I had a friend like you, who liked to help other people as well, and i consider her to be an angel, someone who can be a rock in difficult times. People may not appreciate fully what you have done for them, but there are, and there will be at least someone who will remember for what you have done to them.

As i said in my earlier post, who knows that there might a hidden benefit to all of it? Perhaps in the future, people will remember you as a hero in their life, as a good friend, and will repay you someday? If even they didnt, then let's say we learned stuff the hard way. Hey, at least you learned to solve problems you solved for them, and they remain none the wiser! And we know what bad company they are!

Olen, try not to think to much about it. Because the past is a bygone, and who knows what future might hold? Be cheerful, because at least in my eyes i see you as a good person.

Last edited by IMANOOB; 9th December 2008 at 12:02 AM.
IMANOOB is offline   Add to IMANOOB's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 01:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear Imanoob,
i thought u a islam bcos of ur name.
Wat another great hero out there!
I thought nowday not much true buddism / follower out there, it supprise me n can tell such a great explaination.
"U ALL ARE IMPRESSIVE"
Althose im a free thinker i always stand at nuetral so i can observe more not onl frm 1 side.
somehow buddism is good i cant denied it, it never ask u to beleive n it give u choice by not forcing ppl.
i bliv tis so call religion suposed be tat way, but dun getit wrong im saying buddism not chinese or Toa-Ism.

Old 9th December 2008, 01:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Apricot will become famous soon enough

one shd noe expect rewards when it comes to helping people.

Apricot is offline   Add to Apricot's Reputation Reply With Quote