Kim Go-eun - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Movies Singapore > Korean Celebrities » Kim Go-eun

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

Comment

LinkBack Celebrity Tools Display Modes
Kim Go-eun
Kim Go-eun
This is a Korean name; the family name is Kim.
Published by korean_fan
14th November 2015

Early life[edit]

In 1994, when she was four years old, Kim Go-eun's family moved to China and lived there for 10 years. Because she did not experience the fierce competition of the Korean early education system, director Jung Ji-woo gives credit to her upbringing, saying, "She is naturally curious and brave. She's strong in a sense that she isn't influenced easily. She doesn't do things just because everyone else does it."[2]

After watching Chen Kaige's Together many times, crying every time she saw it, Kim decided she wanted to become a filmmaker. But she was led to theater by chance. She entered the School of Drama at Korea National University of Arts.[3][4]

Career[edit]

In 2012, Kim was catapulted from obscurity to the center of much media buzz when she was cast as Eun-gyo, a 17-year-old high school student who awakens the lust of two men, in A Muse.[5][6][7][8] The 21-year-old had never appeared in a film or TV drama before, not even in a minor role; she had only previously acted in student productions or school plays. She met A Muse director Jung Ji-woo through a circle of friends and was not even aware that auditions for the film were being held. "I ended up having an audition after chatting with the director. There wasn't even any time for me to prepare," Kim recalled. She was chosen among some 300 actresses who auditioned for the part.[9] Apart from its provocative theme, the film featured two graphic sex scenes, which Kim admitted to feeling anxious and embarrassed about before filming, but when the cameras started, she said she became totally immersed in the character.[3] Jung said Kim grew up through the film, saying, "Her facial expressions in the last few scenes of the film are strikingly different from the ones in the beginning. I wanted to capture the moments when she realizes how precious she is to herself and to others," adding that she showed off qualities that can only be found in someone who is unaware of her own beauty and what she is capable of.[2] Her performance swept the Best New Actress awards that year.

Describing her feelings about her profession, Kim said, "When I stood on the stage for the first time, I was so nervous that I thought it would be so hard if I had to do this for the rest of my life. But from my second performance, I felt ecstatic, as if I had wings on my back, and I never wanted to step off the stage. I keep on acting because I want to hold on to that feeling."[3] Regarding her decision to limit her appearance in advertisements, she said, "I never thought about my image or potential endorsement deals when choosing the next film project. What worries me is what impact my appearance in commercials would have on my roles."[10]

Despite many offers following A Muse, Kim decided to go on a short break for two years, going back to school to finish her degree and acting in a stage play and short film. She returned to the screen in 2014, showcasing her versatility in the thriller Monster where she played a developmentally disabled woman whose younger sister is murdered by a ruthless serial killer; her grief and rage drives her almost psychotic, and she plans her revenge.[11][12][13][14]

In 2015, she and Kim Hye-soo were cast in Coin Locker Girl, a female-driven thriller based on 1980 Japanese novel Coin Locker Babies, about a baby girl abandoned in a coin-operated locker at a train station and raised by a loan shark enterprise madam, eventually grooming her for a position in the latter's organization.[15] Kim next starred in martial arts period drama Memories of the Sword, in which she acted opposite her longtime role model, actress Jeon Do-yeon.[16][17][18] This was followed by The Advocate: A Missing Body, where she played an aggressive prosecutor.[19] Kim is also set to make her television debut in the cable series Cheese in the Trap, based on the webtoon of the same title.[20][21][22]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Go-eun
Movie Rating
HotnessN/A
0 users rated N/A% average

Latest 5 celebrities

Celebrity Tools
Sponsors

By korean_fan on 14th November 2015, 02:42 PM
Default Re: Kim Go-eun

Upcoming drama 'Cheese In The Trap' releases its first teaser

http://youtu.be/yAzxfN3wxWY

The very first teaser for the highly anticipated drama 'Cheese In The Trap' is out! The drama, based on a very popular web comic, stars Park Hae Jin and Kim Go Eun.

The teaser is short but sweet, featuring Kim Go Eun as the mouse and Park Hae Jin as the cheese. There's still a while left till the drama airs (in January) but then again, this drama has been talked about for months already, so it's nice to see a teaser now.

'Cheese In The Trap' is about a university student played by Kim Go Eun and her sunbae played by Park Hae Jin. Kim Go Eun's character works while studying because she's not financially well off, and Park Hae Jin's character is described to be good looking, smart, athletic and kind but with a dark side.

Okay yeah, just by the description it sounds like every other Korean drama, but don't forget that this is based on a famous and popular web series, so it's guaranteed to not be stereotypical or predictable.

SEE ALSO: [Drama Review] 'She Was Pretty' - Episode 16 (Finale)

'Cheese In The Trap' premieres on January 4.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...s-first-teaser
By korean_fan on 28th December 2015, 03:48 PM
Default Re: Kim Go-eun

Seo Kang Jun discusses his role in the new 'Cheese in the Trap' drama

http://youtu.be/R26gHvvuDK0

Seo Kang Jun talked about his upcoming role as Baek In Ho in 'Cheese in the Trap'!

'Cheese In The Trap' is about a university student played by Kim Go Eun and her sunbae played by Park Hae Jin. Kim Go Eun's character works while studying because she's not financially well off, and Park Hae Jin's character is described to be good looking, smart, athletic and kind, but with a dark side. Seo Kang Jun's Baek In Ho is the sub-lead who fights for Kim Go Eun's affections and has a rivalry with Park Hae Jin's character.

SEE ALSO: Seo Kang Jun makes the ladies swoon in 'Marie Claire' + talks dating

He confessed that before, he had a hard time because he'd played characters that weren't around his age, but he had a lot of fun with this character because they were very similar in age. He revealed that he felt like he was coming to play with Kim Go Eun's character more than that he was coming to act.

Check out the clip above!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...the-trap-drama
Comment

Celebrity Tools

» Sponsors
Watch Free Movies Online
Celebrity Gossip
Food Delivery

» Facebook Fans
» What's Going On?
Title, Username, & Date
Where to Buy Masquerade Masks?
Anyone uses Lazada?
silver baby gifts
What to eat to stay healthy and lose fat?
Post anything random on this thread.
Singapore "select committee" on "fake news"
No effective recourse from neighbours' second-hand cigarette smoke
Court challenge filed by Singapore DJ against Section 377A
Biomedical engineering student who took drugs, concocted explosive in flat gets jail, fine
Train commuter's two days of hell
No weight given to historian Thum Ping Tjin’s views and he 'clearly lied' about...
First Bitcoin ATMs open in Singapore, draws long queue from cryptography enthusiasts
Cold market for Cryptocurrency in singapore
Partner Business Problem-urgent advice needed
Singapore needs a new demagogue as PM of Singapore
Singapore blackout: More than 146,000 customers affected islandwide; EMA investigating
Bitcoin users beware: MAS
[LKY coward]: We will be the best prostitutes in the world (because we can never own
Inspirational Songs
Muji recalls red bean jam pancake due to mould
Featured Photos
by marisoljames322
· · ·
Member Galleries
20359 photos
13619 comments
by marisoljames322
· · ·
Member Galleries
20359 photos