Korean Music Wave in S'pore cancelled due to 'unforeseen circumstances' - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Music Zone > Korean Pop Forums » Korean Music Wave in S'pore cancelled due to 'unforeseen circumstances'

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th November 2013, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
Korean Music Wave in S'pore cancelled due to 'unforeseen circumstances'

Korean Music Wave in S'pore cancelled due to 'unforeseen circumstances'

The 'MBC Korean Music Wave in Singapore 2013' has officially been canceled.

The concert, which would've been the biggest K-pop festival in Singapore so far, was scheduled for November 16 and featured TaeTiSeo as hosts as well as a lineup including: SHINee, TEEN TOP, B1A4, B.A.P, 2PM, 2AM, F.T. Island, EXO, IU, SISTAR, KARA, miss A, and 4minute.

According to Allkpop, organizer Fatfish Entertainment announced on Facebook:

"We regret to announce that the MBC Korean Music Wave in Singapore 2013 has been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances including contractual difficulties with our co-producer, MBC.

"Your support has been much appreciated and we sincerely apologize to all the fans and ticket holders for any disappointment and/or inconvenience caused.

"This is an unexpected turn of events and we are ascertaining how this cancellation will affect our financial position.

"'We are currently seeking professional advice to see how we can best refund our ticket holders and other creditors.

"We will need some time for this and seek your patience and understanding during this difficult time.

"Thank you again to all the fans and our partners and sponsors for your continued support."
Source: http://www.lollipop.sg/content/korea...-circumstances

Sponsors:
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ms.siqi is a jewel in the roughms.siqi is a jewel in the rough

Liked 153 Times in 144 Posts
Re: Korean Music Wave in S'pore cancelled due to 'unforeseen circumstances'

Bet those fans will be very disappointed.

ms.siqi is offline   Add to ms.siqi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Liked 397 Times in 313 Posts

Fatfish Entertainment has announced on its Facebook page that they have 'come to the painful decision to wind up' the company.

This statement comes two days after it announced the cancellation of the MBC Korean Music Wave in Singapore 2013, a concert touted to be the biggest K-pop show of the year.

The full statement posted reads:

With the advice of our lawyers and other professional advisers, we have come to the painful decision to wind up Fatfish Entertainment Pte Ltd in order to see to the orderly distribution of the company’s assets to our creditors including those who purchased tickets from us directly.

We apologize once again for disappointing the fans and are truly disheartened by these recent events.

- Ticket refunds

For those who purchased tickets from our ticketing agents, please contact the relevant agent directly for further details on refunds.

For all other ticket holders, refunds will be managed by the provisional liquidators to be appointed by Fatfish Entertainment Pte Ltd. Further details will be released as soon as practicable by the provisional liquidators.

From

Fatfish Entertainment Pte Ltd

Old 9th November 2013, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Gateux is on a distinguished road

MBC Korean Music Wave Singapore 2013 (Canceled)

I believe most of you would have heard of this upcoming Kpop concert on 16 November @ Gardens By The Bay, which many of you have purchased the tickets and dying to see your favorite idols perform. It was really crazy because the SVIP Tickets which cost almost $700 were literally sold out despite the steep price that many people complain. And you would have also heard of the breaking news of this event being canceled by the organizer FatFish Entertainment Pte Ltd just 10 days before the concert start.

Well, I'm one of them who have purchased a pair of Platinum tickets costing $370 each, and am disappointed that the event was canceled just 10 days before it would start that everyone was so looking forward to, some event queued overnight at the priority tickets sale @ Scape. Now the reason why I'm posting this is because we are at risk of losing our money altogether because the company FatFish Entertainment Pte Ltd is winding up at this very crucial juncture, yes you did not see wrongly, they are winding up.

See screenshot on their 1st email notice: (I omitted my name away for privacy purpose)

Now update on their facebook about refunds arrangement:

Hence, I contacted them via e-mail and tried calling several times but no response from them after both trying to reach them on both channels of communication. Then they send another email:

Now is the part that we should be most concerned, as the email states that "SingTic is not liable for full refunds as stated in our terms of booking" but before that they say "As stated in Fatfish Entertainment official announcement page, you should seek refunds directly from Fatfish Entertainment or the respective ticketing agents."

Since I can seek refunds directly from Fatfish Entertainment, why can't they just refund us in Full instead of Partial, after all Fatfish = Singtic they are operated by the same company, and they are the ones who canceled the event because of their inability to handle such a huge event being relatively new in the industry just 2 years old.

I hate to use this word but I have to, its called "Shameless" because they go around deleting people's comment just because its not to their liking, including mine latest comments were all deleted and it seems the banned me from the page, which apparently I did not do anything wrong such as using vulgarities or other inappropriate languages, but they still deem fit to delete my comments. There are also various others who complain of comments being deleted.

The greatest fear right now is they might run away with our money, because of the winding down of the company, refusal to pick up calls and respond to emails, besides that I also notice they have taken down this particular page on their website which contains some profile of the team at FatFish http://fatfishgroup.com/people/ which tells me its a sign of guilt and shame but I managed to find the google cache page http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=sg

CEO Mr Lau Kin Wai (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kw-lau/0/b6a/484)

In the future, please be more cautious when purchasing concert tickets, check who is the organizer first and understand more about their track records and stay away from Singtic the same company operated by FatFish and also cease all your business activities with this FatFish Group and all its ventures. I hope the CEO can come out and address the ticket holders, as we deserve a better explanation.

I did some research to know more about the company FatFish, and it seems that one of their venture FatFish Internet was recently acquired by an Australian Company called Atech Holdings Limited for a reasonable sum of money.

Check out the Announcements category http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/c...de&asxCode=ATH and read the PDF file the one with 9 Pages and also 89 Pages, and also according to this file here http://www.american-appraisal.sg/AA-...sactionTr4.pdf Ctrl F find FatFish, FatFish Internet were indeed acquired but not sure how accurate this piece of info is.

Last edited by Gateux; 9th November 2013 at 02:06 PM.
Gateux is offline   Add to Gateux's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Re: MBC Korean Music Wave Singapore 2013 (Canceled)

So what can a fan do?

Old 9th November 2013, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

There's nothing much we can do now, just gotta wait for them to update us how they gonna refund us

Old 9th November 2013, 09:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

Very irresponsible of them
Posted via Mobile Device

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Simplysxylife is on a distinguished road

There should be compensation on top of refunds for every concert cancelled

Old 10th November 2013, 03:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
pristine123 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree. There should be some compensation... there are so many fans that are disappointed now including me.

pristine123 is offline   Add to pristine123's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
iyliaaa will become famous soon enough

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

and im still waiting for a refund here... sigh

iyliaaa is offline   Add to iyliaaa's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 09:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

According to their latest update, we will not get full refunds. Im heading down to the Small Claims Tribunals this sat morning, anyone want to join me?

Old 15th November 2013, 09:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

CASE hits out at K-pop concert cancellation, urges scope for more regulations

CASE hits out at K-pop concert cancellation, urges scope for more regulations

The Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) has said there is scope for more regulations for show organisers to meet their obligations and better protect consumers.

By Monica Kotwani
POSTED: 15 Nov 2013 20:45

URL: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...op/887920.html

SINGAPORE: The Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) has said there is scope for more regulations for show organisers to meet their obligations and better protect consumers.

This could be in the form of an insurance scheme.

CASE told Channel NewsAsia this in relation to the recent cancellation of what was billed as the largest K-pop concert in Singapore.

Tickets ranged from $168 to $688.

The organiser Fatfish Entertainment cancelled the concert last Wednesday, just 10 days before the concert was to be held.

In doing so, it cited unforeseen circumstances and "contractual difficulties" with co-producer MBC.

Two days later, it went into provisional liquidation.

Mr Seah Seng Choon, Executive Director at CASE, said: "For example, the spa and wellness industry, we introduced an insurance scheme to protect the prepayment of the service, and it has worked well in that industry.

"I suppose a similar kind of arrangement could be made for the show industry so that there would be some form of protection for consumers in situations like this."

For now, CASE said ticket holders will have to file their proof of debt with the liquidators.

Some irate ticket holders are getting together to consolidate the amount owed to them.

One ticket holder started a page on Facebook called the KMW Refund.

In a statement to Channel NewsAsia, liquidators acting on behalf of the company said that those who have purchased tickets through ticketing agents can contact their respective agents for further details on refunds but the funds available "may not be sufficient to make a full refund to the ticket holders who bought their tickets from the company directly, and pay all creditors."

This is because the company had made "various payments, for example, deposits for the concert expenses and merchandise."

The liquidators, from Stone Forest Corporate Advisory, said they are reviewing the affairs of the company, including the assets available.

They added Fatfish Entertainment will hold a creditors' meeting by the end of November. More information on the company's financial position will be available after the meeting.

"The Notice of Creditors' Meeting is expected to be sent to creditors, including parties who have purchased tickets directly from Fatfish Entertainment, next week," it said.

Ticket holders who purchased directly from Fatfish Entertainment can check its website for more details.

Old 27th January 2014, 09:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
SISTIC to issue refunds for cancelled K-pop concert

SISTIC to issue refunds for cancelled K-pop concert

By
Amanda Lee
Published: 22 January, 4:03 AM

SINGAPORE — Consumers who purchased tickets from ticketing agent Sistic for the cancelled MBC Korean Music Wave concert will get a refund, Acting Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Lawrence Wong told Parliament yesterday.

Sistic retains the revenues from ticket sales for most events until they are over, making exceptions only for event promoters with a proven track record, he said. “This practice allows Sistic to provide refunds should there be a cancellation,” added Mr Wong, noting that the private consortium operating the Sports Hub will adopt a similar practice when it opens in April.

Mr Wong was responding to a question raised by Mountbatten Member of Parliament Lim Biow Chuan, who asked whether the Government will consider regulating the organisation of concerts and other events to ensure that the ticket charges consumers pay will be secured when there is a cancellation of the concert or event.

The Korean concert was cancelled 10 days before it was scheduled to be held on Nov 16 last year, with organiser Fatfish Entertainment citing “contractual difficulties” with its co-producer, Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation. Billed as the biggest K-pop concert to be held in Singapore, the event charged S$168 to S$688 for tickets.

Mr Wong told Parliament yesterday there may not be a need to introduce new regulatory measures at this stage. Instead, the preferred approach is to raise consumer awareness, such as through the Consumers Association of Singapore, he added.

The purchase of tickets for concerts and other events is currently covered under the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act, which allows consumers aggrieved by unfair practices to pursue civil action through the Small Claims Tribunal.

Mr Wong said five concerts were cancelled last year and most people who bought tickets had received refunds.

Source: http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...-k-pop-concert

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 11:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

a full refund I believe ?

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote