Lady Gaga to end Adele's album chart reign as she plans Christmas release - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Music Zone » Lady Gaga to end Adele's album chart reign as she plans Christmas release

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2011, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
Lady Gaga to end Adele's album chart reign as she plans Christmas release

Lady Gaga to end Adele's album chart reign as she plans Christmas release

Lady Gaga's new release Born This Way is outselling everything else in the U.K's top 30 album charts (Picture: AFP/Getty)

Lady Gaga's new album is poised to finally knock Adele off the number one spot in the charts this weekend - and she's already planning her next move with a Christmas release of jazz standards.

Born This Way, which was released on Monday, is currently outselling the rest of the top 30 albums put together and is expected to shift over a quarter of a million copies before the end of the week.

As of Tuesday it was topping almost every iTunes chart around the world, and was number one in the UK, US, France, Germany, Canada, Japan and Switzerland, among others.

In addition Gaga's debut album The Fame has been given a boost and is likely to return to the top ten.

Midweek figures suggest it is currently the sixth biggest selling album in the U.K.

Adele's 16-week reign at the top of the album charts finally looks set to come to an end (Picture: Getty Images)

Adele's album 21 has spent 16 weeks at the top of the album charts, seeing off competition from a string of high-profile releases including the new album from Kate Bush and the debut release from actor Hugh Laurie.

Her debut album 19 has also returned to the charts and is currently at number three.

Meanwhile Gaga has revealed that she would like to take a break from her electro-pop anthems - and record a Christmas album of jazz songs.

In an interview with Stephen Fry for the Financial Times, the 25-year-old said, ' I thought it would be really sweet to do a Christmas release of Gaga and the jazz standards. I really want to do it. I've spoken to my manager.'

And she also told the paper of her admiration for chart rival Adele.

'She's doing so well all over the world and it's wonderful to see the world embrace her. She's beaten some of my chart records but I'm happy for her. I love seeing women succeed and she's so talented.'

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/864442-...istmas-release

Sponsors:
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
Lady Gaga's Born This Way ends Adele's album chart domination

Lady Gaga's Born This Way ends Adele's album chart domination

Lady Gaga's latest album Born This Way has stormed to the top of the charts, selling more copies in its first week than the rest of the top 10 combined (Picture: PA)

Lady Gaga says she's 'honoured' that her new album Born This Way has become the most successful album of the year so far, after it has ended Adele's 16-week domination of the album charts.

Born This Way, Lady Gaga's second album, has managed to end Adele's 16-week reign on the UK album chart with 21.

Released last Monday, Gaga's album has had the largest first week sales of any album in 2011, selling more than 215,000 copies, more than the rest of the Top 10 combined, according to the Official Charts Company.

Well-known for her eye-catching, sometimes outrageous, outfits, the pop queen said: 'I feel so honoured to have the highest first week sales in the UK this year.

'I wrote the album's first single Born This Way in Manchester because I was so inspired by the confidence and bravery characteristic of my fans: Little Monsters.'

The star's first album, The Fame, has gone up to 7 from 11th place.

She has also fared well in the singles chart, with three of her tracks landing in the Top 20. Judas is at number 9, Born This Way is at number 17 and The Edge of Glory is at the 18th spot.

In the singles chart, Pitbull has held on to the top spot for the second week with his debut single Give Me Everything featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer.

Tottenham star Adele still occupies both number two and number three on the UK album chart with 21 and debut album 19.

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/864750-...art-domination

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Zaveira is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lady Gaga to end Adele's album chart reign as she plans Christmas release

Wow she was just amazing on her live born this way performance

Zaveira is offline   Add to Zaveira's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Sixx-N-Seven is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lady Gaga to end Adele's album chart reign as she plans Christmas release

Adele has a really great and interesting powerful voice. To quote deekosh: no one can sing it with such pain and cold-ness

I would say Lady GAGA has made herself signature though. Although she's like how Madonna wanted to be when she started out