Lady Gaga's Judas video will 'shock the world', says director - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Music Zone » Lady Gaga's Judas video will 'shock the world', says director

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2011, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
Lady Gaga's Judas video will 'shock the world', says director

Lady Gaga's Judas video will 'shock the world', says director

Lady Gaga will play Mary Magdalene in the Judas video (Pic: Getty)

Lady Gaga's video for latest single Judas will 'shock the word', the promo's director has revealed.

Laurieann Gibson, Gaga's creative director and the co-director for the Judas video, has revealed the promo will be a re-telling of the Bible with Lady Gaga as Mary Magdalene and The Walking Dead star Norman Reedus playing Judas.

She says the video is going to shock the world,' but denies the promo is blasphemous.

Gibson says she herself is Christian, and believes the message of the video is 'groundbreaking' and 'freeing.'

Lady Gaga revealed the release date of Judas yesterday

She told MTV News: 'I will tell you now, first off, I'm Christian, and my career is evidence of God in my life, and I think that most people are already thinking that Gaga and the blasphemy and they're premeditating the approach and I think they'll be very shocked to find out how huge and really groundbreaking the message is and how freeing the message is for all the right reasons.

'And it's really going to shock the world.'

Gibson also described the video as 'badass' and said Reedus was 'prolific' as Judas.

The Biblical-based controversial content of Judas is likely to invite comparisons to Madonna's 1989 video Like A Prayer , which featured the singer developing stigmata and burning crosses.

Lady Gaga has already been accused of copying Madonna, after her previous video Born This Way was criticised for similarities with Madonna's Express Yourself.

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/860345-...-says-director

Sponsors:
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Lady Gaga's new single Judas a boring stunt, says Catholic group

Lady Gaga's new single Judas a boring stunt, says Catholic group

Lady Gaga's new single Judas is 'a stunt' that merely shows off how lacking in talent the singer is, according to an organisation in the US.

The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights spoke to HollywoodLife.com about the track, the video for which sees Gaga dress up as Mary Magdalene. In the New Testament, Judas is one of the 12 apostles and betrays Jesus.

Lady Gaga's new track Judas has sparked controversy (PA)
P
resident of the group Bill Donohue said the performer is simply 'irrelevant' and, although she tries to be shocking and original, is just 'mundane and boring'.

He called her 'another ex-Catholic whose head is turned around' and remarked on the timing of the release, a few days before Easter and Holy Week.

'She has now morphed into a caricature of herself,' Mr Donohue added. 'Does she actually believe her own BS?'

The reaction to Judas comes days after Harper's Bazaar featured an interview with Gaga, in which she discussed her aversion to plastic surgery - as she believes it promotes insecurity - and her latest look, involving prosthetic horns on her body.

The Born This Way singer, however, says the 'bones' have always been inside of her but she was 'waiting for the right time to reveal to the universe who I truly am'.

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/861076-...catholic-group

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Lady Gaga enrages religious groups

Lady Gaga enrages religious groups

Lady Gaga set tongues wagging with her new single Judas.

Lady Gaga is a controversy magnet.

Not long after she released her new single Judas, the pop star has incurred the wrath of religious groups.

Take a look at the lyrics of the single and you’d know why. Told from the perspective of Mary Magdelene, it goes: "In the most Biblical sense/ I am beyond repentance/ Fame hooker, prostitute wench, vomits her mind/ But in the cultural sense/ I just speak in future tense/ Judas kiss me if offensed/ Or wear ear condom next time..."

However, it was never her intention to offend, said Gaga team creative director Laurieann Gibson.

She told The Hollywood Reporter: "It went through several changes and late night debates because at one point, there were two completely different views and I was like, 'Listen, I don't want lightning to strike me! I believe in the gospel and I'm not going there.

"And it was amazing because to have that conversation about salvation, peace and the search for the truth in a room of non-believers and believers, to me, that was saying God is active in a big way. And the place that it came to is surreal. We don't touch on things that we have no right touching upon, but the inspiration and the soul and idea that out of your oppression, your darkness, your Judas, you can come into the marvelous light. So it's about the inspiration and to never give up… We've created a new Jerusalem."

Do you buy that, all you religious folks?

Source: http://www.dailychilli.com/buzz/1101...ligious-groups

Old 28th April 2011, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Lady Gaga: Judas music video celebrates faith

Lady Gaga: Judas music video celebrates faith

Lady Gaga likes to dress up as a nun on stage but claims her Judas video won't offend (Getty)

Lady Gaga has defended her upcoming video for Judas claiming it celebrates faith rather than challenges it.

The promo has already been blasted by religious groups for being blasphemous even before it's released after Gaga cast herself in the role of Mary Magdalene. Actor Norman Reedus is set to play Judas.

Gaga told MSN about the video: 'The theme of the video and the way that I wanted to aesthetically portray the story was as a motorcycle Fellini movie where the apostles are revolutionaries in a modern-day Jerusalem.

'And I play Mary Magdalene leading them into the town where we meet Jesus and I will leave the rest for you to see.'

She added: 'But it’s meant more to celebrate faith than it is to challenge it.'

Gaga also said that her Catholic education hadn't influenced the track.

'Judas is a metaphor and an analogy about forgiveness and betrayal and things that haunt you in your life and how I believe that it’s the darkness in your life that ultimately shines and illuminates the greater light that you have upon you.

'So the song is about washing the feet of both good and evil and understanding and forgiving the demons from your past in order to move into the greatness of your future.'

The first still released from the video showed Gaga dressed in a billowing black gown with her hair scrapped into a tight bun.

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/861848-...lebrates-faith

Old 7th May 2011, 04:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
New SGClubber
nokua is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lady Gaga's Judas video will 'shock the world', says director

it just came out yesterday, finally!

Watch Here

Last edited by nokua; 7th May 2011 at 04:26 AM.
nokua is offline   Add to nokua's Reputation Reply With Quote