Lionel Lye Zhenghao - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Miscellaneous Interests > Dance Forums » Lionel Lye Zhenghao

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2013, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
New SGClubber
lionelzh is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lionel Lye Zhenghao

Hi all,

This seems like a very nice forum that promotes our dance community in Singapore. Well done. Never knew it ever exists but that does mean our dance community is growing. Thumbs up!

I was a full time dancer/instructor for 2 years from 2011-2012 and it was definitely the most enjoyable time of my life. Money was definitely not a problem as I worked hard, smart (though sometimes too direct), versatile and open to jobs (and of course help from friends and associates which I appreciate till date).

The only reason why I left was because there are other things in life one wants to fulfill before a certain age. I am now happily in Australia studying something else unrelated to dance but still dancing and sharing/teaching when job permits.

Back to the point, in my previous job, I get to meet many people, students and fellow instructors and performers. Also, I get to perform in many commercial shows and teaching many non-dancers or enthusiasts. It was definitely much more enjoyable than my previous bank job although a tad more tiring and unstable. That being said, I had my fair share of nasty people that backstabbed me, gossiped behind me and what we freelancers hate most is companies/individuals that don't pay us(and there's nothing much we can do).

One of my ways to release this agony is by posting online the truth about the person/company. It is up to the individual to contact/sue me should they think this inaccurate or libelous against them.

Anyway, stumbled upon this thread with my name and someone defaming me with the most ridiculous inaccurate facts. Just by looking at the sentence he typed, I could tell he was angry with me shaming him publicly with the truth. I don't mind sharing my story because I'm innocent and I'm happy in now with good memories of the past.

I post issues using my own account with honest facts and if the dubious person posting this want to debate about his facts, he is most welcomed to do so, if not I might pursue this via legal action as I view it as defamatory in previous postings related to my name.

To dance enthusiast or instructors interested in joining the dance industry. You might need alot of connections, perseverance and hard work. The commercial scene is mostly run by the same people and its either you get into their own cliques or get your own jobs. I foresee the dance industry getting more saturated in the future, however Singapore is wholly commercial enough to sustain these talents for now. With more talents on board, it will get more competitive and without regulations, rate cuts are possible in the future. But then again, isn't it good to merge passion with work and to inspire and educate people? I really loved my job though I've moved on.

Also, don't take up too many jobs and screw up other jobs because people don't remember the good things you do but just one mistake you made. I learnt it the hard way. I am not the most PR person but I'm rather efficient and responsible in all my tasks, therefore I was able to survive for 2 years with a 3-6K paycheck on average to be honest. I have made some enemies but also made many friends due to my direct nature. That's all I have to share. Wishing all the best to dance enthusiasts in Singapore.

Sponsors:
Add to lionelzh's Reputation Reply With Quote