Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson insists he will not resign - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Sports Forum > Soccer Forums > Liverpool Fan Club » Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson insists he will not resign

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
battleboy131 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson insists he will not resign

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson insists he will not resign

Hodgson has struggled to turn around Liverpool's fortunes

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson insists he will not quit the club despite his side's poor start to the season.

The Reds are 19th in the Premier League having won only one of their eight league games under Hodgson.

But the Merseysiders are top of Europa League Group K after they earned a 0-0 draw against Napoli on Thursday.

"Resignation has never once entered my thoughts and never will. I'm here for the long haul," declared Hodgson after the match.

"I came here believing I can help Liverpool rebuild. The players are behind everything we're doing."

Hodgson included several youngsters in a side which earned a hard-fought point at Napoli, with the Reds boss having left Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Raul Meireles and Lucas Leiva back home ahead of the Premier League game against Blackburn at Anfield on Sunday.

Hodgson has endured a tough time since leaving Fulham in the summer to take charge at Liverpool and he is under pressure to turn things around at Anfield, especially following the takeover of the Merseysiders by New England Sports Ventures.

"We're going through a very bad passage in the league," stated the 63-year-old.

"Things haven't gone our way for a variety of reasons and that's why we find ourselves down the bottom and desperate to get away.

"But the new owners have already done a little for the club, they've given us a lift.

"Even before the Everton game there was a new buoyancy and good feeling that we can get a lift.

All I can say how grateful we are for their support and how sympathetic and sad we were to hear they had been attacked

Hodgson on attacks on Reds fans
"On Sunday we have an opportunity but Blackburn will have something to say about that, but we've shown against Napoli that we're far from dead as a club and I know all the players who play on Sunday will be chomping at the bit to run and work and fight.

"I just hope the result will go our way to give us a bit of breathing space to move up the table instead of finding ourselves marooned at the bottom of the table."
Danish midfielder Christian Poulsen, who joined Liverpool from Juventus in the summer, backed his manager.

"I don't think you feel that he's really under pressure," said Poulsen. "He has a lot of experience, he's a really good motivator and I think we can turn it around together. Hopefully we can start on Sunday against Blackburn."

Meanwhile, Hodgson sympathised with the club's supporters and praised them for their behaviour, particularly after reports emerged that there had been attacks on Reds fans in Naples.

"I was aware and I was concerned [about the attacks]," he said.
"These supporters have done a fantastic job. It was always going to be tough asking them to come to Naples as they know they are coming to a potentially dangerous situation.

"All I can say is how grateful we are for their support and how sympathetic and sad we were to hear they had been attacked and some of them seriously.

"These are the things you don't want to see in football. We've had our share in England but you see it much less these days.

"We don't want violence on the pitch or off the pitch. We certainly don't want situations where supporters don't want to go and support their team because they are frightened of getting injured.

"In the news conference on Wednesday, a question was asked of me in Italian - and I answered in Italian - as to whether I was concerned drunken Liverpool supporters would cause trouble.

"I find it faintly amusing I should be defending Liverpool supporters when in fact they are peaceful people who come here to watch the game and some of them end up being stabbed."

Sponsors:

* Please PM me of any english error I had made in any of my post. +Rep would be given*
Add to battleboy131's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Foxie Tail is on a distinguished road

Re: Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson insists he will not resign

When people like Chris Hughton and Sam Allardyce can lose their jobs for not doing too badly, I am not sure why Roy is still holding to his job.

Foxie Tail is offline   Add to Foxie Tail's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
battleboy131 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

exactly. I think he should go. But i guess NESV is giving him a chance. I don't think he can run away from his fate of being sack if such form continues.

* Please PM me of any english error I had made in any of my post. +Rep would be given*
battleboy131 is offline   Add to battleboy131's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 01:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
kenji_ray will become famous soon enough

i thought last few weeks,i saw a new article from Shinmin daily news,NESV sent a message saying liverpool must win title in 5 years time

Old 3rd January 2011, 11:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

IMHO, I do not think that any kind of time frame can be set. Looking at FSV's strategy, they are planning for long term. Hence, I believe our next manager will be someone relatively young and able to see through the rebuilding project.

Andre Villa-Boas is currently my top choice.

Old 3rd January 2011, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber
tcd is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxie Tail View Post
IMHO, I do not think that any kind of time frame can be set. Looking at FSV's strategy, they are planning for long term. Hence, I believe our next manager will be someone relatively young and able to see through the rebuilding project.

Andre Villa-Boas is currently my top choice.
What i have heard was Andre turned us down. We have to wait until summer for some managers to be available, so i guess an interim manager to replace Roy is the best choice atm.

tcd is offline   Add to tcd's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 10:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Originally Posted by tcd View Post
What i have heard was Andre turned us down. We have to wait until summer for some managers to be available, so i guess an interim manager to replace Roy is the best choice atm.
I only heard that Jurgen Klopp turned us down, did not hear anything about Andre.

In any case, Ralf Rangnick has expressed interest to take the job. He is not really that young, 52 of age but he is regarded as the Arsene Wenger of Bundesliga. His style is very similar to Rafa from what I have read. High tempo pressing up the pitch, zonal marking but ultra offensive. He wants his players to do short passes but NEVER pass backwards! (Wow).

If Andre is not keen, maybe can give Ralf a chance. He has resigned from Hoffenheim recently, in a similar way to Martin O'Neil. At least we need not pay any club to part with their manager. Andre and Klopp both signed extensions to their contracts if I am not wrong.

Old 5th January 2011, 02:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
shypineapple is a jewel in the roughshypineapple is a jewel in the rough

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

in german league, one of the best is current SCAHKLE 04 man in charge, felix magath? (pardon me for my spelling) lol
former Wolfsburg SV man too.

I feel he could rly change LFC if he comes but that's way too unlikely.

I dream about you when I sleep.
shypineapple is offline   Add to shypineapple's Reputation Reply With Quote