THIS LIVERPOOL TEAM IS ONE OF THE WORST I'VE SEEN IN YEARS - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Sports Forum > Soccer Forums > Liverpool Fan Club » THIS LIVERPOOL TEAM IS ONE OF THE WORST I'VE SEEN IN YEARS

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2010, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber
tcd is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
THIS LIVERPOOL TEAM IS ONE OF THE WORST I'VE SEEN IN YEARS

Our man KEVIN FRANCIS has been watching Liverpool for more than half a century. Here he gives his views on the current plight of the Merseysiders.

LIVERPOOL have been through some poor patches since I first began watching them as a schoolboy back in 1957.

Over the years, whenever they developed a hiccup, there was always the feeling that they would quickly get over it.

Unfortunately, the current outfit don’t look capable of that and could be on their way to becoming one the poorest Anfield sides I have ever seen.

They are not generating confidence at all and are running the risk of being a team in some kind of serial decline – something I earnestly hope can be stopped.

The Northampton nightmare in the Carling Cup has just added to the misery surrounding a club with clear problems both on and off the pitch.

It is now 20 years since Liverpool last landed the League title and hopes of them bridging that gap currently seem to be at an all-time low.

I would dearly love to be proved wrong, but I think that far from challenging for the title, Liverpool are now slipping away from their previously-held Big Four status.

I can’t see the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal dropping off the pace – but there is a very real danger of that happening to Roy Hodgson’s team.

Putting a finger on the reason for it is difficult. After all, Liverpool do possess some of the best players in the world on their books.

Individually, their class is beyond question. But, for some reason, they are just not collectively delivering the goods.

Any team in the world would want the likes of Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Joe Cole, Pepe Reina and company – so a team containing all of them should be more successful.

The big hope for Liverpool fans now is that Hodgson can get his team to gel more and somehow turn the club’s fortunes around.

It would be such a crying shame if, far from being title contenders, Liverpool fell into that big group of “also-rans” who hang on to the coat-tails of the Big Four.

That penalty shoot-out defeat in the Carling Cup was a massive blow and Hodgson was right to apologise for the failure of his spectacular gamble.

He made eleven changes from the team that lost at Manchester United on Sunday – a move that backfired completely.

Gerrard, Cole and Torres watched that game from a private box at Anfield. Why oh why didn’t Hodgson put them on the bench?

Even if he had no intention of using them, they could have acted as a “fear factor” in front of the Northampton players.

After all, looking across the pitch and seeing them waiting in the wings would drain anyone’s confidence.

Also, they could have been brought off the bench in time for the penalty shoot-out where their experience would surely have told.

It’s easy for observers and fans to say this, I know. I also know a lot of fans will disagree with my views. Like me, they are entitled to them. But my views do come from the heart. I am not sniping – just hoping!

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/...seen-in-years/

Sponsors:
Add to tcd's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Liked 397 Times in 313 Posts
Re: THIS LIVERPOOL TEAM IS ONE OF THE WORST I'VE SEEN IN YEARS

Liverpool has the best players in the world??

honestly, perhaps that statement was true 2yrs ago. but now, these 'best' players are far from the best with the way they are playing. look at steven and torres, in what way are they still the best? they are a shadow of their former glories.

Last edited by maverick; 24th September 2010 at 12:11 PM.
maverick is offline   Add to maverick's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the author referring to having 1 or 2 players out of a crop of best players.
Anyway, form is temporary, class is permanent. We are playing very bad last season till now, off field financial problem, dressing room "revolt" against Rafa and now a clueless manager in Roy

Last edited by tcd; 24th September 2010 at 12:09 PM.
tcd is offline   Add to tcd's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

well, i guess it is up to debate whether it is really a matter of form or of declining quality. sure we can always blame it on form, but if these players never get back their form, is it really still form or quality? and how long a time do we give them? 3mths? 6mths? or even an entire season? sadly, all these players 'form' have not recovered no matter which of the above time we give them.

Old 24th September 2010, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It all started last season when rafa criticised the senior players Gerrard/Carra over their performance, then slowly accumulate into a dressing room "revolt" against the manager. You could see some of the dismay performance of this players after tt. Roy so call expert in "Man-Management" brought in to solve the dressing room issue. And of cos, for the past few matches, we were playing like sh.it. When players like Torres/Cole/Gerrard cannot even string two decent passes without losing the ball, something is obviously wrong. (could be Roy tactic). Some fans already started questioning Roy, me included. If the whole team dont play well, it hard to get back some form of the players. And when we hoof the ball up to torres & with 2/3 defenders on him & provide no support, i dont think he can perform miracle, not even CR or kaka.

Last edited by tcd; 24th September 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 24th September 2010, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
JetGrey is just really niceJetGrey is just really niceJetGrey is just really nice

Liked 181 Times in 129 Posts

Is Roy Hodgson possibly over-rated? He was the top choice because he brought Fulham to the Europa League final. Sure, he's had a record in the past, but is he really the right man? I would have a preferred a more famous name in charge, like Benitez was when he was first appointed.

JetGrey is offline   Add to JetGrey's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

i just think that everything is related and liverpool seems to be headed in a downward vicious cycle of decline. If the players or the manager does not step up and break this spiral, there is only 1 direction that Liverpool can go.

Old 24th September 2010, 03:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Kouken_Tenshi will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hodgson isn't doing a very good job from a neutral point of view. Maybe we had a difficult fixture start, but for a Big 4 team we are expected to do much better than this.

Kouken_Tenshi is offline   Add to Kouken_Tenshi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 03:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dont see any slight improvement or watsoever, in fact i see us playing even more badly, Northampton defeat simply put final nail into his coffin for alot of fans, roy simply not good enuff.

Old 24th September 2010, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Infinite will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I see us being the next Newcastle. Hopefully i am wrong.

Old 24th September 2010, 03:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

Some of my friends who are Liverpool fans are pessimistic about Liverpool...

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JetGrey View Post
Is Roy Hodgson possibly over-rated? He was the top choice because he brought Fulham to the Europa League final. Sure, he's had a record in the past, but is he really the right man? I would have a preferred a more famous name in charge, like Benitez was when he was first appointed.
Depend how u see it. LIV board think English manager know EPL better & Roy is the next best available manager ard and of cos he also won the league manager award. But if we were to consider European Football into it i guess most fans will agree ROY is not up to the task. In fact i think Most english manager atm FAIL including Alex Ferguson, longest serving at 24 yrs, only won 2 european cup. ManUnited would have won more european cup if it's a european coach.

Old 24th September 2010, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
JetGrey is just really niceJetGrey is just really niceJetGrey is just really nice

Liked 181 Times in 129 Posts

Originally Posted by tcd View Post
Depend how u see it. LIV board think English manager know EPL better & Roy is the next best available manager ard and of cos he also won the league manager award. But if we were to consider European Football into it i guess most fans will agree ROY is not up to the task. In fact i think Most english manager atm FAIL including Alex Ferguson, longest serving at 24 yrs, only won 2 european cup. ManUnited would have won more european cup if it's a european coach.
But league manager award was only for what he's done for last season. Wouldn't that be considered a one-hit wonder for him?

JetGrey is offline   Add to JetGrey's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 04:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JetGrey View Post
But league manager award was only for what he's done for last season. Wouldn't that be considered a one-hit wonder for him?
Not just the league manager, they do take into account his previous european clubs experience & working with limited fund. And of cos, his man-management skills. But there are alot of other "hidden" factors which were discussed in other major liverpool influencial forum.