Madonna reveals rape at knifepoint when young - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Music Zone » Madonna reveals rape at knifepoint when young

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2013, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
Madonna reveals rape at knifepoint when young

Madonna reveals rape at knifepoint when young
AFP News – Sat, Oct 5, 2013

US pop icon Madonna was raped at knifepoint when she was a young struggling artist in New York, she revealed in an article in Harper's Bazaar.

The 55-year-old recalled being held up at gunpoint and having her seedy apartment burgled three times, saying she was "scared shitless" at times before she started making it as a singer and dancer.

Describing her arrival in the Big Apple from the Midwest, where she grew up, she wrote: "New York wasn't everything I thought it would be. It did not welcome me with open arms," and described "paying my rent by posing nude for art classes, staring at people staring at me naked."

"The first year, I was held up at gunpoint. Raped on the roof of a building I was dragged up to with a knife in my back, and had my apartment broken into three times. I don't know why; I had nothing of value after they took my radio the first time.

"The tall buildings and the massive scale of New York took my breath away. The sizzling-hot sidewalks and the noise of the traffic and the electricity of the people rushing by me on the streets was a shock to my neurotransmitters," she added.

She continued: "I felt like I had plugged into another universe. I felt like a warrior plunging my way through the crowds to survive. Blood pumping through my veins, I was poised for survival.

"I felt alive.

"But I was also scared shitless and freaked out by the smell of piss and vomit everywhere, especially in the entryway of my third-floor walk-up."

She also talked about her time living in Britain married to director Guy Ritchie, saying there is "nothing more beautiful than the English countryside," and revealed that she is now studying the Koran.

The "Material Girl" singer, whose career has ranged from "Like a Virgin" to movie roles, the 1992 coffee table book "Sex" and who last toured in 2012, wrote the cover story to accompany a fashion photoshoot of her in typically provocative gear, including a bondage-style mask and a sword.

Moving on a decade a time, she recalled being a pop star in her 20s, embracing Kabbalah in her 30s, before marrying Ritchie and moving to Britain by the age of 45.

"I consider moving to a foreign country to be a very daring act. It wasn't easy for me .. I didn't understand pub culture. I didn't understand that being openly ambitious was frowned upon. Once again I felt alone.

"But I stuck it out and I found my way, and I grew to love English wit, Georgian architecture, sticky toffee pudding, and the English countryside. There is nothing more beautiful than the English countryside."

Madonna and Ritchie were divorced in 2008, and a decade later she is back in New York.

"I have started making films, which is probably the most challenging and rewarding thing I have ever done. I am building schools for girls in Islamic countries and studying the Koran. I think it is important to study all the holy books.

"As my friend Yaman always tells me, a good Muslim is a good Jew, and a good Jew is a good Christian, and so forth. I couldn't agree more."

Source: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/madonna-rev...005857851.html

Sponsors:
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
MedeaWakoski is on a distinguished road

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Madonna reveals rape at knifepoint when young

Thanks for sharing this. Madonna really isn't just the Material girl, she has a heart of gold (no pun intended).

MedeaWakoski is offline   Add to MedeaWakoski's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 02:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
delight90 is on a distinguished road

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I'm not surprised to hear about this, that industry is unpleasant if you really know it and to me the modelling industry is as dangerous as the music business. Who wants to be famous? Not me thank you

delight90 is offline   Add to delight90's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2013, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ms.siqi is a jewel in the roughms.siqi is a jewel in the rough

Liked 153 Times in 144 Posts

Lucky for her that she stayed strong.

ms.siqi is offline   Add to ms.siqi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
squeakyjoy is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sorry she had to go through such trauma...Sharing these revealed a soft human side to her... admire her strength!

squeakyjoy is offline   Add to squeakyjoy's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 04:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
mwasu is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rape is the saddest of things !!!

mwasu is offline   Add to mwasu's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 02:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
BeautyConscious is on a distinguished road

Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Madonna raped in traumatic ordeal but didn't go to the police

Madonna has admitted she didn't want to report that she'd been raped in New York at the start of her career because she felt humiliated by the situation.

The 56-year-old singer opened up about her traumatic ordeal during a new candid interview and admitted she didn't report the sexual assault at the time because she was ashamed.

Asked why she didn't seek legal help when it happened, she explained on Sirius XM's 'Howard Stern Show': "You've already been violated. It's just not worth it. It's too much humiliation."

And despite the heartbreaking incident, the 'Living for Love' hitmaker said moving back to her native Michigan wasn't an option because she didn't want to be around the "basic" locals.

She said: "Have you ever been to Rochester, Michigan? I just didn't want to go back. I can't be around basic-thinking people."

Madonna first made the shocking admission she had been raped in a 1995 interview with NME magazine, but didn't speak about it again until 2013 when she revealed she was held at knifepoint.

She said at the time: "New York wasn't everything I thought it would be. It did not welcome me with open arms. The first year, I was held up at gunpoint. Raped on the roof of a building I was dragged up to with a knife in my back.

"I had my apartment broken into three times. I don't know why; I had nothing of value after they took my radio the first time."

But the horrible incidents made the blonde beauty stronger.

She explained: "I was defiant. Hell-bent on surviving. On making it. But it was hard and it was lonely, and I had to dare myself every day to keep going."

http://www.lollipop.sg/content/madon...police-because

BeautyConscious is offline   Add to BeautyConscious's Reputation Reply With Quote